Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Black Talons of Absalom (Inactive)

Game Master Dave Young 992

The Patchwork City is home to many kinds of people, and a source of wealth unseen in much of the world. Some people make it, others take it. The Black Talons are the second kind.


601 to 650 of 1,263 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>

MAP

No problem.

We forgot about the headband, so add 2000 to this:

Item.............................Sell Value
Cash.............................15,000 gp
Belt of Giant Strength +2.........2,000 gp
Belt of Giant Strength +2 (switched for dex belt).........2,000 gp
Belt of Incredible Dexterity +2...2,000 gp
Ring of Protection + 1............1,000 gp
MW Longsword......................157.5 gp
MW Longsword......................157.5 gp
MW Morningstar......................154 gp
MW Light Crossbow.................167.5 gp
------------------------------------------
Total..........................22,636.5 gp
Share (Assuming 5 Talons).......4,527.3 gp
Share (If we have lost Juno)....5,659.12 gp w/ 2 cp remaining

So, that's 24,636.5, or 4,927.3 split 5 ways, if you're planning to save a portion for group funds, or 6159.1, 4 ways.

If Juno comes back, I'll talk to her and we'll figure something out. I really like smaller parties, so if she doesn't make it back, we'll just soldier on. There are only 4 goblins in my other group, and they all get a chance to shine, and things move pretty quickly that way.

I keep forgetting to make Sidoze roll spell failure for his armor, so he might want the ring. Maybe a wand of Mage Armor would be a good idea! lol!


Female Human Cleric 4/Rogue 1 HP: 29/29 AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Percep: + 10 - Saves: F4/R5/W8 - CMB +4 - CMD 15

I like the idea of the extra portion split out for group expenditures like healing wands and restoration potions.

Quill will definitely make use of the headband. That leaves 2927.3.

2010 for a +1 short sword and 917.3 on gift certificate.


MAP

That qualifies you for free shipping @ Absalom.com. 2310 for the sword.

4,927.3 would be good for setting up a headquarters, and probably leave enough for a "group-owned" healing wand. At your next level, you'll qualify for some special followers, which I'll outline when the time comes.

You could rent a townhouse in the crappier area of the docks near the precipice quarter for about 250/mo. Dangerous neighborhood, but we like dangerous...lol


Female Human Cleric 4/Rogue 1 HP: 29/29 AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Percep: + 10 - Saves: F4/R5/W8 - CMB +4 - CMD 15

Right...forgot the MW spray on coating. That's what I get by shopping after midnight.


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

Lol I love you guys haha

Id like to place an order

One ring of protection

Hmmm debating between the belt or just buying a headband of cha


MAP

I'm not sure how much you want to RP it, but I think some good contacts can help you spend your money without too much attention.

The news is everywhere, and powerful people will be looking for justice.


MAP

Just to make it easy, we can just say you had no trouble spending your money. Go ahead and get what you want.

I'd suggest Quill as treasurer to keep track of party loot.


Female Human Cleric 4/Rogue 1 HP: 29/29 AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Percep: + 10 - Saves: F4/R5/W8 - CMB +4 - CMD 15

I am having computer issues right now. Hope to fix over the weekend. But yeah, I'll gin up a Google doc of the party account.


MAP

Very good. There's a knock at the door the following day.


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

Sidoze will frown at the door looking up ay the others before getting up his hand crossbow cocked and ready to fire. "whos' there?" He calls.


MAP

City watch! We're here to ask a few questions. Open up in the name of the nomarch!


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

A few questions, a knock on the door of where? The last stated location was Quill's hideaway which is behind a secret door. Or are we back at an Inn? If so, who's door is being knocked on? I can't speak for the others, but Andrezi would certainly have a private room.


MAP

Quill's hideout is in an abandoned building, IIRC. Hard to say who's there. At least Sidoze is.


MAP

I didn't do a map. Forget about it. You're all doing your own thing and meet where and when you decide.


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

I'm confused what?


Female Human Cleric 4/Rogue 1 HP: 29/29 AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Percep: + 10 - Saves: F4/R5/W8 - CMB +4 - CMD 15

Back from computer problems. I think that was a nudge by the GM to generate some activity. As it stands, I thinks h will let us congregate somewhere to start a new scene. I will start us back in the tavern after several days

Quill moved into the private dining room at the back of the tavern. It was empty, but she knew the others would show....she hoped. Sticking together was important now, no lose ends. She hoped the others showed and didn't go back to her place...a couple days cooped up with them had her thinking if it was all worth it, but the new sword in her satchel and the pile of coins on her shrine tell her that it was very much worth it.

She places an order of wine with a selection of mats, cheeses and bread. As she sips on her wine, she recalls what she learned from the rumors on the streets.

She paid a visit to Jasper, the official with the City Works. He was always a light touch if you listen to his stories, but him and his co-workers go every where in the city. They see and hear everything.

Gather Information (Diplomacy)-> 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14


MAP
Sidoze wrote:
I'm confused what?

Forget the knock at the door. You weren't all together at Quill's.


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

Ah ok lol

Sidoze enters the tavern and glancing about for his fellow talons makes his way to their private room which they had arranged to have with the innkeeper. Siting down he awaits his fellow thieves.


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

Btw im buying the ring and belt of dex share is loot then is 1527


MAP

Brig and Dottie are glad to see you, and your room is furnished and stocked as usual. There is a lot of talk going around about the daring robbery, and Dottie goes on and on about it.

"Oh, those poor paladins! They say the cleric was a big mucky-muck over there at the bank, and they might raise him, just to find out what he knows."


MAP

Of course, rumors are just that...


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

Andrezi makes his way into the inn, giving his fellow Talons a nod as he walks in. Hearing the news of the possibility of raising the cleric from the dead, he makes his way over to Quill and Sidoze.

In a hushed tone, "I hear the rumors, but I'm not too concerned yet. We should retire to a private chamber to discuss this further."

Taking a Belt of Dex, having one of my kukri enchanted to +1. Contributing a bit from his remaining startin gold and having his armor enchanted to +1 as well.


MAP

I trust players to handle their stuff as they can. No sweat. This is Absalom, and items are easy to get for anyone with the coin. They don't ask questions.


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

Sidoze flicks his eyes up to Andrezi as he approaches and nods and then looks to Quill before rising to follow the pair to their private room set aside for them.

Gather Information
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
"What rumors have you heard? Im curious if I have heard different ones." he asks as he takes a seat among the others.

After:
Knowledge Local
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
"Well I guess this brings us to what to do now, we still need a place we can hole as a meeting place preferably with some escape routes do either of you know a place as such? My knowledge is limited in that area. Also I would ask if we should now use the funds we got to start hiring others spare muscle per say. Quill I believe you would be perfect in this area I have in mind, in this new place we will need to start marking out our territory, shops will need to studied and then coerced into givng us the protection money they will need to give so we make sure other gangs don't bother them. " He pauses before continuing.

"Also Andrezi remember that kidnapping job I mentioned earlier? I believe you and I and possibly even Quill would do well on this certain job. What say you?"


MAP

Ah, yes. Kidnapping! There was also the trouble at Mariana del Mar, that little joint being overcharged by the Club Club.


MAP

There was also Capt. Alton Brightwood, wanting a certain troublemaker from the Pesh dealers abducted. You could talk to either, really.


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20
Sidoze wrote:
"Also Andrezi remember that kidnapping job I mentioned earlier? I believe you and I and possibly even Quill would do well on this certain job. What say you?"

"I'm game, though taking people alive is not my strong suit."


Female Human Cleric 4/Rogue 1 HP: 29/29 AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Percep: + 10 - Saves: F4/R5/W8 - CMB +4 - CMD 15

Sipping her wine, Quill nods greeting to the later arrivals.

At Sidoze's mention of new 'business', she downs the rest of her glass in a big swallow. "I am in too. This laying about, has got me on edge. It would be good to be pursuing new interests."

Sorry on the slow posts. I am working 14 hour days at work, trying to meet a deadline. The worst is behind me, but I missed about 4 days where I didn't log in at all...work, eat, sleep, work, eat, sleep... I will still be slow through the end of the month, but I shouldn't be absent.


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14
GM Gangsta Kingpin wrote:
There was also Capt. Alton Brightwood, wanting a certain troublemaker from the Pesh dealers abducted. You could talk to either, really.

Yep thats the one I meant :)


MAP

He had a problem with Dhanush. Seems he's too greedy. You could go see him if you like.


MAP

Hello?


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

Still here, since Sidoze has all the information, kinda waiting on him to take the lead.


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

"Well there is a man who works for the Pesh dealers our client wants him brought to him so his people can convince him to lower his prices I believe. However this man has quite a few body guards." Sidoze outlines the mans habits from what the captain had told him.

"There is also another man we can talk to who seems to have a similar grudge against this dealer. We could speak to him as well." He adds.

Sorry andrezi sorta lost my head busy with getting this promotion at work. Hey handsets what was that guys name again?


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20
Sidoze wrote:
Sorry andrezi sorta lost my head busy with getting this promotion at work.

No worries, been there done that. ;)


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

"Bodyguards aren't a problem. Do we have to wear kid gloves with them, or can we be....efficient?"

Contemplating Sidoze's second statement, "We're not beholden to either one of these guys, let's play them off of each other so that we get the best price out of the deal."


Female Human Cleric 4/Rogue 1 HP: 29/29 AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Percep: + 10 - Saves: F4/R5/W8 - CMB +4 - CMD 15

Pouring herself another glass of wine, Quill smiles, "Not a single price. We are doing both of these men a favor, I say they both pay."


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

"I dont remember any special requirements about the bodyguards. No reason to be gentle." Sidoze grins looking at both his compatriots.

"Andrezi and I will score out the target Quill you think you could hint at possibly solving the other clients problem? Then we can arrange the drop and if it happens that both clients meet to obtain the target well... Its not our fault, plus with two parties with no obvious ties to each other we can get payed twice for one job as you both said." Sidoze winks at the pair.


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

No idea why it said handsets instead of gangsta lol


MAP

This game goes slowly, which is fine. That does cause me to forget little details, as you're all aware. I'll try to keep it all straight.

It seems Brightwood wanted Dhanush abducted and brought to him. That was a week ago, so you might want to see what's up before you commit. No price, etc., was arranged, and Brightwood wanted to meet a few of you, if you were interested. That was 5 days ago.


Female Human Cleric 4/Rogue 1 HP: 29/29 AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Percep: + 10 - Saves: F4/R5/W8 - CMB +4 - CMD 15

Will play up my new understanding in character.

Listening to the further details, Quill comes to the understanding..."Oh...an abduction. I guess that is harder to pull off for two parties, unless they just want a body part abducted. I guess we scope the streets and find out if Brightwood proceeded without us while we was hiding out. If the bounty is still open, we should at least hear the terms, and as you say, see if the other party might outbid him. Since possession seems to be the goal."


MAP

You know where to find Brightwood, if you like. Do all of you want to go?


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

"Sounds like the best plan so far however Quill I would still say comw in disuse so that if we still intend to play both parties off each other we viably can. Andrezi any thoughts?" Sidoze asks turning to the their quiet partner.

Unless the others want to add anything gm I think thats it


Female Human Cleric 4/Rogue 1 HP: 29/29 AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Percep: + 10 - Saves: F4/R5/W8 - CMB +4 - CMD 15

Quill is already rummaging through her bag, thinking on a disguise. "Sounds good. Let's go."

Once they leave, Quill will duck into an alley and come out as a street urchin. She will take some time to 'work' the streets to find out about brewing feud that has led to contracts being posted, and if those offers still stand.

Disguise -> 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Gather Info (Diplomacy) -> 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Knowledge Local -> 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

While the disguise is not great, those getting too close might think her a bit cute for an urchin, she tends to keep smoving to keep pace with the group and that limits her interaction, although also limits what she might learn.

Before the actual meeting, Quill will expend a casting of Disguise Self to make up close inspection a little more difficult. (+10 for 40 min.)


MAP

Quill doesn't get anything specific, but the Pesh Princes are in a bit of a tiff with a gang called the Night Tax. Their specialties overlap a bit, though the Night Tax gang is way more into robbery and protection rackets. They have a vicious reputation, and can pop up anywhere in the city.


MAP

You can go to the docks and see if the Lustrous is still there. Brightwood would probably talk to you. He seemed impressed, before.


MAP

There's stuff to do. You're only 4th level. What do you want to do?


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

I think it would be best to make sure bright wood still needs us


MAP

You can go to the docks and see if the Lustrous is still berthed.


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

Is everyone still here?


MAP

Head count? 2?

Solo adventure, it is, then.

601 to 650 of 1,263 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Black Talons of Absalom All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.