Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Black Talons of Absalom (Inactive)

Game Master Dave Young 992

The Patchwork City is home to many kinds of people, and a source of wealth unseen in much of the world. Some people make it, others take it. The Black Talons are the second kind.


551 to 600 of 1,263 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>

MAP

That's fine. No worries. If you guys want to see my new guide on the arcane trickster, check it out.


King of Goblins *MAP*

MAP

Grigori 24
Andrezi 16
2 paladins 15
Juno 14
Other pallies 11
Quill 10
Sidoze 6
Cleric 5

Reposted for your convenience.


Female Human Cleric 4/Rogue 1 HP: 29/29 AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Percep: + 10 - Saves: F4/R5/W8 - CMB +4 - CMD 15

Init 10
Not sure If I was holding things up, I was waiting for the Paladins on Int. 11, but if they are down, I will post my attack.

Quill materializes in the wagon next to the cleric as she drives her shortsword at his gut. "Feed on this with your greedy god." The irony of her comment is not lost on her as they attempt to steal the gold-filled chest, but it is the hypocrisy that she cannot stand.

Invisible Channel Sneak Attack vs flatfooted -> 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 2 = 19

Shortsword Channel Sneak attack Damage -> 1d6 + 2d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + (2, 3) + (3) = 12

3 Channels and 1 Vanish remaining


MAP

The cleric screams in terror at the pain caused by the wicked femme fatale. Hurt, but not dead.


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

What is the status of P6? You never said what the result of this post was. Thanks.


MAP
Andrezi Zeldana wrote:
What is the status of P6? You never said what the result of this post was. Thanks.

He's hurt, but not down.


MAP

I haven't abandoned you! Isn't it Sidoze's turn?


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

Oh crap didnt even realize IM SORRY! What would be the dc to acro in behind p3?


MAP

Just his CMD. Couldn't be that hard...


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

Acrobatics
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Flank Attack on p3
1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 2 = 17

Dmg
1d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 1 + (2) = 4


MAP

Yuck! He's hurt, but Abadar is with him. Or something.


MAP

The cleric decides to run for it. Quill gets an AoO.

Sorry, I didn't realize I didn't say what he was doing!


Female Human Cleric 4/Rogue 1 HP: 29/29 AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Percep: + 10 - Saves: F4/R5/W8 - CMB +4 - CMD 15

Shortsword AoO -> 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Shortsword AoO Damage -> 1d6 ⇒ 4

"Bah! Run to your moneygrubber!"


MAP

He finishes his move and tries to wake up p5.

MAP

ROUND 5

Grigori 24
Andrezi 16
2 paladins 15
Juno 14
Other pallies 11
Quill 10
Sidoze 6
Cleric 5


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

Andrezi continues to slash at the paladin that blocks his path to the priest.

Right Kukri:1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 2 = 26 (favored enemy) - potential critical
Damage:1d4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 2 = 4 (favored enemy)

Confirm?:1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 2 = 24 (favored enemy)
Damage:1d4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 2 = 4 (favored enemy)

The attack above is listed as if I was swinging with both blades. If the initial attack drops P6, I will forgoe the second swing and move to (L,13). If the attack does not drop P6, I will take my second swing.


MAP

p6 drops dead. Grigori and Juno are next, since the 2 pallys are dead, too.


Male Human Rogue 1/ Fighter (Brawler) 3

Grigori grins as Sidoze vaults over their opponent and he slams out with both of his fists at the flanked paladin.
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 1d3 + 5 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 5 + (1) = 8

He lashes out with his gauntlets in hopes of landing a powerful blow when the paladin is distracted but his attacks may be in vain.


MAP

G misses the armored paladin, his blow glancing off the chainmail.


MAP

Juno is next.


MAP

Juno moves onto the cart and casts Color Spray. The two pallies caught in it both fail their saves, and pass out.

MAP

All the paladins are either sleeping or dead, so Quill can go now.


Female Human Cleric 4/Rogue 1 HP: 29/29 AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Percep: + 10 - Saves: F4/R5/W8 - CMB +4 - CMD 15

Quill hops down from the cart and moves up beside Andrezi. She channels her disgust into her blade and stabs at the priest seeking to end this.

Channeled Shortsword Attack -> 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Channeled Shortsword Damage -> 1d6 + 2d6 ⇒ (5) + (3, 2) = 10

2 Channels and 1 Vanish remaining


MAP

That drops him. They're all either dead or unconscious, and no one seems to be running up to help them. It's pretty quiet at the moment, actually.


Female Human Cleric 4/Rogue 1 HP: 29/29 AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Percep: + 10 - Saves: F4/R5/W8 - CMB +4 - CMD 15

Quill hisses, "Get these out of the streets and the cargo transferred. Put the bodies in the empty wagon and burn it as we leave...wake the horse up, if its just sleeping, and send them racing the other way."

She will allow the more physical types to Coup de Grace where needed. She will cast an appraising eye over the corpses before their disposal.

Casts Detect Magic and looks for any obvious valuables.


King of Goblins *MAP*

Let's see who wants to kill who. Quill notices that the cleric is wearing a headband that radiates a little magic, after looking a few rounds. The 2 paladins also have some nice stuff.


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

"Gather anything of value you can off of the paladins and the priest. Grigori, get our cart so that we can transfer the tribute."

"No sense leaving any possible witnesses..." he says, mostly to himself as he goes around quickly slashing the throats of any of the Aroden worshippers still alive.


Female Human Cleric 4/Rogue 1 HP: 29/29 AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Percep: + 10 - Saves: F4/R5/W8 - CMB +4 - CMD 15

Quill will grab portables, like headbands and weapons (cloaks, belts, etc.). The slow removal time of armor and boots means she will ignore them.

"Lose the robes too. Toss them into their cart and they will burn too."


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

If the paladins' armor is nice (i.e. magical) we could always take the bodies with us if we were feeling like taking another risk. Of course we could also cut the armor straps and simply have those repaired too.


MAP

The 2 pallies each wear a belt, and the cleric has a belt, the headband, and a ring that clearly are magical. Their armor is pretty identical; MW chain, but not magic. 2 longswords, 2 heavy crossbows, and the cleric's morningstar are MW, from the look of them.

You can coup them all in 2 rounds, and have the goods transferred to the other wagon in another 3. The chest is heavy, but filled with gold and even jewels. It's more cash than any of you have ever seen.

Where are you taking it?


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

Take the magical goodies and the money on the cart that was our original target and let's get out of here.


Male Human Rogue 1/ Fighter (Brawler) 3

Grigori nods and see's to teh chest placing it within their cart, and then goes about collecting the belts, headband and ring after ensuring taht each of the wearers have been put out of their misery, either by his strong powerful hands or Andrezi's keen blades. Either way, he does not let the valuable magical gear go to waste, once the items have been pointed out to him. He then piles it all in the cart with teh chest and makes reayd to beat a hasty retreat.


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

"Grigori, dump the contents of their chest into ours. The church of Abadar will be able to track that chest."


MAP

It's heavy, but with a little effort you get the treasure and other items transferred to your cart. Still no visible witnesses.

Where are you taking it?

You can hear some shouting from nearby, though it's too indistinct to make out.

Juno's going to take her share and do her own thing for a while. The 4 of you still make a strong party for your nefarious activites, so we'll assume she's off on some other task and might rejoin you later. Cool?


MAP

The fight's over, so if anybody wants to tell me where you take it, good. I think Quill had a little hideout.


Female Human Cleric 4/Rogue 1 HP: 29/29 AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Percep: + 10 - Saves: F4/R5/W8 - CMB +4 - CMD 15

"Let's get out of here, some riding some leading or following on foot. Let's lead their wagon back into the road, light the wagon and spook the horses. I got a place we can stash the chest and then dispose of the wagon."

Sound like a plan? Head back to Quill's and lose/return the wagon.


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

Andrezi nods in agreement. "Let's go. We've wasted too much time already."


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

"I agree lets get going." Sidoze runs his eyes over the alley way quickly before hurrying after the party.


MAP

The trip to the abandoned building is uneventful. There are enough of you to discourage too much curiosity, and even the city watch seems unaware of your heinous crimes, and barely look at you as you pass by.

A half hour later, you're looking at a chest full of treasure and some magic items. Who wants to identify it all?


Female Human Cleric 4/Rogue 1 HP: 29/29 AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Percep: + 10 - Saves: F4/R5/W8 - CMB +4 - CMD 15

On foot, Quill begins to lead the wagon down the street, the opposite direction as the burning wagon racing through the crowds.

She intends to lead them to the small warehouse with the faded sign, Knight Exports. A forgettable name on a forgettable building. She keeps the main floor and office looking abandoned. Many empty crates scattered about the main room. One in the back, against the wall, hides a secret door. Behind that is her sanctum. Safe enough from prying eyes and innocuous enough not to draw attention.


Female Human Cleric 4/Rogue 1 HP: 29/29 AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Percep: + 10 - Saves: F4/R5/W8 - CMB +4 - CMD 15

The back room is large and scattered about are drawings and maps and haphazard articles of clothing and wigs. A makesfit store run on whale oil stands along one wall along with a smattering of cheese, partially stale bread, and half-drunk bottles of wine. The are two other doors off the room, other than the one they entered. Quill stands in front of one. "Welcome to my little lab of mischief. One rule. This door is my room. You are welcome to crash in this room here till the heat simmers down, but beyond This door is off limits., indicating the door behind here. She points to the other door. "That door is my privy. As much as I would like to say it is off limits, you are welcome to use it with care....Now lets get to business...the loot" She grabs one of the open bottles of wine and heads over to the chest.

For ID of Magic:
Spellcraft headband-> 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Spellcraft belt-> 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Spellcraft belt-> 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Spellcraft anything else as needed-> 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Spellcraft anything else as needed-> 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Spellcraft anything else as needed-> 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Spellcraft anything else as needed-> 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

Andrezi nods in acknowledgement of Quill's directions about her lair, as he begins looking through and sorting the various coinage and gems from the chest.


MAP

Looks like you got it all...lol

Headband of inspired wisdom +2. 2 belts of giant strength +2, 1 belt incredible dex +2, ring of protection +1. 2 MW longswords, 1 MW morningstar, 1 MW light crossbow.

Cash and jewels amounting to 15,000. A fine haul, and no repercussions...yet...

You'll want to check your contacts with some knowledge local rolls, and unload what you don't want discreetly.

We can spend a little time seeing how that goes.

3 CR 3s, 8 CR 1/2s...


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

Hearing the descriptions of the magical gear Andrezi says, "It wouldn't break my heart at all to have one of those belts, any one of them could be of use, but the one that increases agility would suit me best."

Knowledge (Local):1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23


MAP

Andrezi definitely knows somebody who can buy/fence some of this stuff. I'll let you describe who these people are, because that sounds like more fun to me...

I'll keep them on a list for future crimes.


MAP

I didn't mean to push too much. The fight was pretty tough, and so unexpected, the paladins weren't the best available.

You hear through contacts that the church is furious, and there are dozens, if not hundreds of people in the city investigating and seeking vengeance for such an outrageous and daring crime. Other, less law-abiding folks wonder why they didn't think of it first.

You're all welcome to make up a contact or 2 we can use in future heists. Divvy up the booty and buy what you like.


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

Who all do we still have? I've seen Quill, Sidoze, and Grigori in the past week. Has anyone heard from Juno?

"Alright who wants what? Like I said before, I'd like to have one of the belts. Whatever we don't want, I know an individual that will buy the rest of the gear. He's a Kelish gambler I know in the Foreign Quarter, and he is always looking for easily transported wealth like gems and magical items for his clients. What do you think? Anyone else know anyone?"

Treasure, Values, and Split:

Item.............................Sell Value
Cash.............................15,000 gp
Belt of Giant Strength +2.........2,000 gp
Belt of Giant Strength +2.........2,000 gp
Belt of Incredible Dexterity +2...2,000 gp
Ring of Protection + 1............1,000 gp
MW Longsword......................157.5 gp
MW Longsword......................157.5 gp
MW Morningstar......................154 gp
MW Light Crossbow.................167.5 gp
------------------------------------------
Total..........................22,636.5 gp
Share (Assuming 5 Talons).......4,527.3 gp
Share (If we have lost Juno)....5,659.12 gp w/ 2 cp remaining

I propose that we "buy" any items we want from our respective shares. For example Andrezi wants the Belt of Dex (2,000 gp) and starts with a share of 4,527.3. He buys the Belt of Dex for 2,000 gp of his share and has 2,527.3 gp remaining as cash or to purchase other items.


MAP

Juno has taken a leave of absence, due to RL stuff. She's on hold, for now. She participated, but through me. Split it 4 ways.

The 4 of you are quite capable in the meantime, so we go on unhinged. There's plenty to keep you busy...

Good math, man. You can keep or sell whatever and still come out looking very good.


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

I think that loot system works well for a crime organization. I also propose we divide it up 5 ways for the party loot/ black talon organization in case we need a reserve of money for the game.

Also I want to apologize for being slightly negligent on this gamr job has offered me a management position so been busy. As this looks like this is now 1 of 2 games I really like I will try amd be better.

I have no use for a str belt and andrezi needs dex more than me only thing is want is the ring of protection if that.

Knowledge local
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

"If your contact can find loot as well as you think perhaps we can work out a deal to sell and buy our loot from him." Sidoze says after thinking for a moment.


MAP

It's possible you could work a 1:1 trade for a dex belt, if you prefer that. Pallies don't usually care about dex, but the cleric's dex was so bad, that's what he used to be almost average.


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

That would work for me


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

Grigori apologizes he hasn't had internet for a while. He did say to have me tell you he'd like the belt of strength please

551 to 600 of 1,263 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Black Talons of Absalom All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.