Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Black Talons of Absalom (Inactive)

Game Master Dave Young 992

The Patchwork City is home to many kinds of people, and a source of wealth unseen in much of the world. Some people make it, others take it. The Black Talons are the second kind.


451 to 500 of 1,263 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Juno lets our an ear-piercing wail and falls on her knees on the side of the street, looking up at the flames that have begun to lick the outsides of some window frames. "My baby!" she cries, "Somebody do something!" She points frantically up at the window, and then turns around as if to look for a savior, then looks at the paladins in the street. As if she only just realized they were there, she yells, "Please, don't just stand there! My baby is going to burn!" And then she "faints."

Bluff (w/ Silver Tongue) 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (14) + 16 = 30 (+1 if they are attracted to me)


MAP

6 of them run to the rescue. The cleric seems to be the one giving orders. 2 pallys stay with the cart.
MAP


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

Dressed in his paladin garb, Andrezi calls out to the few that remain with the cart, "Come on this way. Dealing with that fire is going to put us too far behind schedule, we'll go around it."

Bluff:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26 (assuming they are human, half-elf, or half-orc)


King of Goblins *MAP*

The 2 paladins come towards you, but the cleric in the cart seems hesitant.

Who might you be? he asks.


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

"Garrett Albercroft at your service, sir. I have just recently transfered in from Korvosa, and thought I would take in the festival. With the delay that fire is going to cause, I thought I would help out a bit, knowing how our order is about delays and wasted time."

Bluff:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19


MAP

He bought it. They start to turn in the alley.

MAP


"He's up there," Juno cries to the paladins, pointing desperately towards the window with the flames. She struggles to her feet, then rushes into the building. Once she's inside, however, she ducks around behind a person or door and suddenly vanishes (Vanish tattoo spell), using her few moments of invisibility to lose herself in the crowd and make her way back to the alley to confront the cart.

Stealth 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22


I moved myself to over by Grigori, let me know if getting over there is going to be an issue - I think it takes me 2 rounds.


MAP
"Savvy" Juno wrote:
I moved myself to over by Grigori, let me know if getting over there is going to be an issue - I think it takes me 2 rounds.

Juno appears next to Grigori after 24 seconds. The two paladins and the cleric move the cart down the alleyway as suggested. Seeing only A and Q, they are wary, but not drawing weapons or anything. They have longswords and crossbows (Abadar's favored weapon).

Albercroft! Check the alley! the cleric yells at A. He pauses to watch what's happening with the fire.

I could probably put that out with a spell.

Some of the other paladins enter the building, trying to fight the flames.


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

"Will do, sir." he says, walking to the alleyway and promptly ignoring Grigori, and certainly failing to mention that he is there.

"If you think you could be of help sir, the three of us" nodding in the direction of the two paladins "can finish getting the cart around this mess. We'll meet you on the other side of the burning building."

Bluff:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26


Juno smiles evily as she listens to Andrezi work the paladins over, hiding in the shadows next to Grigori.

Let me know if you want another stealth role while we wait for the trap to spring.


MAP

The cleric hops off and runs to the fire. The 2 paladins lead the horses.


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

As the paladins and the wagon approach the spot where Grigori and the spare wagon wait, Andrezi gives a subtle signal to the brawler, letting him know how many they will have to deal with.

Stealth:1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26

"Right this way, gentlemen. We will be past this mess before you know it."


Female Human Cleric 4/Rogue 1 HP: 29/29 AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Percep: + 10 - Saves: F4/R5/W8 - CMB +4 - CMD 15

Quill steps out behind the wagon, out of sight of the paladins. She watches the street to ensure they are not followed and to encourage no one else to take an interest in the alley.

Perception along the street -> 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13


MAP

The other Abadarians seem preoccupied with the fire. There are some people around, but they seem to just be watching that, too.


The way I see it, the paladins are cornered in the alley if we move in on them right now. I hope nobody minds if I initiate this thing with a hopeful disable on both of those paladins ;)

As the paladins lead the carts down the alley, she moves forward from the side of the building and feigns as if she's going to walk down the alley in front of the paladins. As she reaches L21 (on map), she turns as if to turn south but suddenly spins and faces the paladins. She throws her hands up violently and utters a sudden string of alien words, then a blast of violet light leaps from her hands toward the paladins.

Bluff (pretending to be nonviolent, also shielding her face from the paladins' gaze, since they might recognize her from before) 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23

Color Spray: DC 16


MAP

The 2 paladins see the spell go off but are unfazed.

It's a trap! they yell, drawing their swords.

ROUND 1

Init:

Grigori 24
Andrezi 16
2 paladins 15
Juno 14
Other pallies 11
Quill 10
Sidoze 6
Cleric 5

I moved Juno to L21. Good luck, Black Talons.


Female Human Cleric 4/Rogue 1 HP: 29/29 AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Percep: + 10 - Saves: F4/R5/W8 - CMB +4 - CMD 15

Need to put Quill on that list, Bossman. :-)


MAP

OK. Rolled it, didn't type it.


Male Human Rogue 1/ Fighter (Brawler) 3

The bluff finally at an end, Grigori thunders forwards to meet with the two paladins, his sleeves drawing back to reveal his heavy spiked gauntlet and other metal fist and he lashes out at the first Paladin with a snarl, his mind now only on combat again, where it should be.

What action is it to activate my Tattoo's spell-like ability to cast Shield on Grigori??
Move to L19

Spiked Gauntlet Attack on Left Paladin: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26 1d4 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


MAP

Standard action.

The paladin seems surprised that what looks like an unarmed man can pack such a punch!

MAP


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

Andrezi pulls his trusty blades and moves in to slash the paladin that Grigori had struck.

Moved to K17, Because he hasn't acted yet the paladin is flat-footed, Grigori needs to add his sneak attack dice

Attack:1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 8 + 2 = 29 (Favored enemy - Human) - Potential Critical
Damage:1d4 + 1 + 2 + 2d8 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 2 + (4, 7) = 17 (favored enemy, sneak stab)

Confirm?:1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 8 + 2 = 28 (Favored enemy - Human)
Extra Damage:1d4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 2 = 4 (favored enemy)

21 damage from a single knife strike...nice


MAP

Ouch!

Both paladins attack G. One hits him for 7. The others just about have the fire put out.


Can I act again here, even though I initiated combat? Assuming my Color Spray was a surprise round, here's[ooc] Round 1

Juno steps away from the paladins 5 feet and casts Sleep on the pair of them. [ooc]Can probably only hit 1, if that, depending on their HD... but I thought I'd give it a try. If possible, I'll focus the one that Andrezi and Grigori haven't already beat on a bit.

Sleep Will DC 18
4/6 1st level spells left


MAP

You can target them both, actually. p2 takes a nap!

The cleric and other paladins got the fire out, and a few of them rush to the aid of their cohorts. 3 of them are still inside the building.

Quill's up.


Female Human Cleric 4/Rogue 1 HP: 29/29 AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Percep: + 10 - Saves: F4/R5/W8 - CMB +4 - CMD 15

Quill watches the cart slowly pull into the alley, but she only has eyes for the cleric. Once the confusion starts further in the alley, she thinks to step up and strike, but the thudding footsteps of the paladins makes her retreat to a more defensible position.

She tries to sneak past the battling paladin and then strikes from a vulnerable position. Move to N-19, drawing shortsword.

Acrobatics to avoid OoA ->1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 Nope

She calls up her hatred of the moneygrubbing God and channel's it through her weapon.

Channel Strike Sneak attack w/ Short sword ->1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 8 + 2 = 22

Channel Strike Sneak attack w/ Short sword damage ->1d6 + 2d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + (6, 2) + (6) = 18


MAP

p1, already injured, misses you, then collapses in a bloody heap. You're a murderer. Congrats!

Sidoze..


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

Move to K19 hope this works!

Perception1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Sidoze frowns seeing the other paladins pouring out of the burning building and raises a finger murming an enchantment and then fires the bolt of dark energy at the paladin not currently engaged.

Ranged touch attack on P6 DC 16
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20-4=16 for cover?
Str dmg1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


MAP

You can move by clicking and typing your name in a box, and clicking the old box and hitting delete. I'm pretty sure we can all do that.

I don't think Sidoze has enough move from where I see him, now.


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

Fixed


MAP

p6 feels incredibly weak...

The cleric approaches, cursing and casting from a scroll.

Init:

Grigori 24
Andrezi 16
2 paladins 15
Juno 14
Other pallies 11
Quill 10
Sidoze 6
Cleric 5

If you are nonlawful, make a DC 18 will save.

Fail: take 12 damage and you're dazed for 1 round

Make it: take 6, not dazed.

He's pissed. The few other people in the area see the fight going on, and run away.

MAP


Male Human Rogue 1/ Fighter (Brawler) 3

Grigori snarls in satisfaction as the two paladins slump to the ground and then winces as the Cleric's channeling blasts through his mind.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Ouch, 19 Damage from that Round.

Grigori staggers slightly to the side and then mvoes to attack the Paladin not yet being drawn into combat with Andrezi, drawing back his fist and swinging powerfully at the man.

I don't know what Dazed does in Pathfinder so I'll go ahead and just do this action and the DM can correct me. If it actualyl does what it does in 4E though, I'll just use my one standard action to cast Shield on myself AC now 23. Otherwise...

Move to N14

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
1d4 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

Unaffected by the priest's spell, Andrezi slashes both blades at the paladin in front of him before stepping back to draw the paladin in further.

5ft step to L18 after the attacks

Right Kukri:1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 2 = 18 (favored enemy)
Damage:1d4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 2 = 5 (favored enemy)

Left Kukri:1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 2 = 13 (favored enemy)
Damage:1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 (favored enemy)


MAP

Grigori (and whoever else is affected) can take no actions this round. Andrezi almost drops paladin 7. The 2 paladins are either dead or asleep, so they do nuttin'. Juno's up!


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

Im assuming its not an enchantment?

will1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20


MAP

Sidoze spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Spoiler:
It's evocation, actually. And a high-level spell, too. Order's Wrath. I guess somebody wanted the cart kept safe.


MAP

Also, Sidoze,

Spoiler:
That was an expensive scroll to use. He's not likely to have a lot of them.


MAP

Everybody roll saves, if you have to.


Female Human Cleric 4/Rogue 1 HP: 29/29 AC: 18/T:12/FF:16 - Percep: + 10 - Saves: F4/R5/W8 - CMB +4 - CMD 15

Will Save vs DC18 -> 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Status: 18 AC; 7/19 hp, Dazed


Sorry all, I just lost a couple of days and I don't know where they went :P

Will Save 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Juno stumbles back from the cleric's spell, surprised by the force with which it hit them.

New HP: 9/21


MAP

All but Andrezi are unable to do anything this round. He goes, then the good guys all act.

MAP


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

5 ft Step to attack Paladin 7 again.

Andrezi slides out from in front of the horse, and quickly slashes at the paladin two more times.

Right Kukri:1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 2 = 19 (Favored Enemy)
Damage:1d4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 2 = 4 (Favored Enemy)

Left Kukri:1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 2 = 19 (Favored Enemy)
Damage:1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 (Favored Enemy)


MAP

p7 dies. I think those were potential crits, too. Roll them because it might matter this round. Some more damage would mean he won't get up if he's healed.


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20
GM Gangsta Kingpin wrote:
p7 dies. I think those were potential crits, too. Roll them because it might matter this round. Some more damage would mean he won't get up if he's healed.

They would have been potential crits if I had rolled 18-20 on the "die", but as the dice were both 11s, no potential crit.


MAP
Andrezi Zeldana wrote:
GM Gangsta Kingpin wrote:
p7 dies. I think those were potential crits, too. Roll them because it might matter this round. Some more damage would mean he won't get up if he's healed.
They would have been potential crits if I had rolled 18-20 on the "die", but as the dice were both 11s, no potential crit.

Sorry! No more multitasking.

The remaining paladins all bunch up and a few of them take swings at the stunned evildoers. Not a single one can hit, though. p3 fires a crossbow at Juno, but misses.

The cleric casts a radius of healing magic, reviving downed members of his troup, but not you bad people. p7 (in the same square as p6, since he was down) is prone, but breathing. p1 seems to stir, too.

ROUND 4 or 5 or something.

Grigori 24
Andrezi 16
2 paladins 15
Juno 14
Other pallies 11
Quill 10
Sidoze 6
Cleric 5


Male Varisan Human Ranger (Urban) 2/ Rogue (Knife Master) 3
Spoiler:
Init: +7/+9 - HP: 41/41 - AC: 20/T:16/FF:14 (+1 vs light blades) - Percep: + 9/+11/+13 - Saves: F: +7/R: +12/W: +3 - CMB +5 - CMD 20

This assumes that both the paladins in front of me are awake. Note: Since they share the same square and neither is helpless, they have the squeezed condition. (-4 to Hit and AC)

Andrezi looks a bit annoyed by the priest healing magic, and plunges his blades into the two prone paladins in front of him.

Right Kukri into P6:1d20 + 6 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 2 + 4 = 19 (Favored Enemy, Target Prone)
Damage:1d4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 2 = 4 (Favored Enemy)

Left Kukri into P7:1d20 + 6 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 2 + 4 = 26 (Favored Enemy)
Damage:1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 (Favored Enemy, Target Prone)


MAP

OK. He's down again. LOL


Male Half Elf, Taldan Rogue 1 Sorc 4// Current Hp 28 /28 // AC 16/ Tch 12/ FLF 14

Wait can't I act?


MAP

Yes. 2 pallies first. p1 is conscious again, provoking an AO from Quill, if she weren't stunned. Fortunately, he has to pick up his weapon, burning his actions this round. p2 is starting to wake up. He's not hurt, and he'll be on his feet next round.

The other pallies attack A and G. Grigori gets hit for 7.

Now S can act.


MAP

500 posts! Took a while, but we're in the thick of it, now. Still Sidoze's turn.

Grigori 24
Andrezi 16
2 paladins 15
Juno 14
Other pallies 11
Quill 10
Sidoze 6
Cleric 5

MAP

451 to 500 of 1,263 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Black Talons of Absalom All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.