Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Black Sails on the Horizon - A Skull and Shackles Campaign by Faol Mhor (Inactive)

Game Master Faol Mhor


351 to 400 of 519 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Avakor, than your first attempt would not have gone well, but your second attempt gets you close enough, you and Aldon both arrive at Rosie about the same time and you are able to grab a hold of her.

Aldon and Avakor make a swim check. with +6 due to the help of the others on deck.

Rosie's Swim Check 1d20 + 3 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 6 = 21

almathea's Knot holds firm as they attempt to haul the three crew members towards the boat.


Gunslinger 1, HP 10/10, NL-HP 0/10, AC 17, T 14, F13, F +2, R +6, W +2 Init +4, Perc +6

Aldon grabs ahold of Rosie and gets Avakor to grab the rope before swimming back to the ship.

Swim Check 1d20 + 5 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 6 = 15


Male Undine Oracle 2 (Dual-Cursed Oracle), HP 20/20, NL-HP 0/20, AC 15, Touch 11, Flat-Footed 14, F +2, R +1, W +5, Init +1, Perc +3

Day 8

Avakor keeps swimming as hard as he can, focusing his mind entirely on the task ahead of him.

Swim Check: 1d20 + 11 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 11 + 6 = 22


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Slowly but surely Avakor and Rosie make their way to the ship, Aldon you have difficulty and if it wasn't for the rope you would be washed further to see but your three companions hold tight and you don't lose any distance, but neither do you gain any. Avakor and Rosie are able to make it to the side of the ship where Sandara, crimson Cog and Tilly Bracket have tossed another rope over the side to haul Rosie up.

Rosie's 1st Climb check: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Rosie's 2nd Climb check: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Rosie's 3rd Climb check: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

She manages to scramble up the rope and the slick side of the boat hand over hand while bracing herself against the wall.

While she climbs Avakor you need to wait and try not to be washed out to sea again, Aldon you must try and move closer to the boat, you are still to far away even with the crew pulling on you.

Avakor, if you make a DC 20 swim check than you can try and climb the rope as well following Rosie up. The surface is slick (+5) but you can brace against the ship so the climb check is a 10. You don't get the +6 bonus because the rope will have to hold both you and Rosie so the have tied it off. If you wait for Rosie to get up the side of the ship you will need 2 more successful swim checks or be washed out to sea.

Aldon you need to make two more DC 20 Swim checks to make it to the boat and then you can attempt to climb as well but will get +6 on the climb due to the help from the crew on your rope.


Male Undine Oracle 2 (Dual-Cursed Oracle), HP 20/20, NL-HP 0/20, AC 15, Touch 11, Flat-Footed 14, F +2, R +1, W +5, Init +1, Perc +3

Day 8

Pfft... Avakor's a "last man out" kinda guy. He'll take a moment to see that Rosie's got the rope and then turn back and swim for Aldon, to see if he can help the man get back to the boat.

Swim Check: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29


Gunslinger 1, HP 10/10, NL-HP 0/10, AC 17, T 14, F13, F +2, R +6, W +2 Init +4, Perc +6

Swim Checks 1d20 + 5 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 6 = 21
Swim Checks 1d20 + 5 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 6 = 20

Aldon makes it safely back to the boat, he puts a hand on Avakor and they climb back up the boat together

Climb Checks 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Climb Checks 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Climb Checks 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Aldon braces himself with the boat and scrambles up, he lays on the deck for a few minutes, out of breath before getting up. He pats Avakor on the shoulder before checking on Rosie and making sure she is okay

Could say I took "10" on this climb checks, lol


Female Human (Adopted Halfling) Cleric / 1 // Rogue / 1 -- HP 13/13, NLHP 0/8, AC 16, Touch 13, Flat 13, F +2, R +4, W +6 / Init +2, Perc +3

"Oh thank Besmara that all of you are safe!" Thea goes to each person as they make it back aboard the ship, making sure they didn't suffer any injuries from their little swim.


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Lol, 3 at 10 and 1 at 9, some times the dice roller does some strange things. I once coppied and pasted a set of rolls from one post to another, I think it was a group of attacks or something and they came out exactly the same, I though it was an issue with copy and pasting, but nope it was just a freak coincident.

Aldon manages to heave himself back on board.

Avakor you can try and get up now


Male Undine Oracle 2 (Dual-Cursed Oracle), HP 20/20, NL-HP 0/20, AC 15, Touch 11, Flat-Footed 14, F +2, R +1, W +5, Init +1, Perc +3

Day 8

Excellent, climb checks! :)

Avakor grabs ahold of the rope and attempts to scale the side of the boat.

Climb Check: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
Climb Check: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8
Climb Check: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8

Yup, about as expected.


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Avakor you miss the rope the first time, the second time you are able to grab a hold but not lift yourself up.

Now that Rosie and Aldon are at the top the others can assist you.

Add +6 to your next climb attempts.


Male Undine Oracle 2 (Dual-Cursed Oracle), HP 20/20, NL-HP 0/20, AC 15, Touch 11, Flat-Footed 14, F +2, R +1, W +5, Init +1, Perc +3

Day 8

Sweet! Bonuses. :)

Climb Check: 1d20 - 1 + 6 ⇒ (17) - 1 + 6 = 22
Climb Check: 1d20 - 1 + 6 ⇒ (11) - 1 + 6 = 16
Climb Check: 1d20 - 1 + 6 ⇒ (7) - 1 + 6 = 12

Avakor grabs onto the rope and manages to get onto the deck only with the help of his friends. He tries to grin at them for a moment, between gasps, "See... Nothing... to... it...," before tumbling backward a bit and falling against the railing. "Well, okay... Maybe... I... have not... done... anything... like that... in a... while..." He closes his eyes for a moment and lets his breathing steady.


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

You saved rosie, nice job. Her attitude is now helpful to all of you...even Lex!

After all of you are hauled on board you are allowed to dry off quickly but are then sent right back to work, the storm has not let up and they need all hands on deck.

Rosie, her teeth chattering and shivering thanks you all profusely before she makes her way back to work rubbing her arms.

Almathea, by the end of the second shift you are so tired you pass out on the deck on a coil of ropes.You are exhausted

Aldon and Lex you are so tired you can barely keep your eyes open, yet you manage and you make it through the night You are fatigued Aldon, you notice that after your hands have warmed up they seem to continue to shake and you feel like you could really use a drink right now.

Marn and Avakor manage to remain awake and alert for the entire night.

Day 9: Morning

The storm begins to weaken but the heavy winds continue to drive the ship into the open ocean.

There is much to do and after a quick biscuit again for breakfast Scourge is back at it ordering you all to work. He finds Almathea passed out on the coil of rope and wakes her up with a rough push with his boot and a snap of his whip ordering her to get to hauling rope and knot work, Lex and Marn are told to start cleaning up and swabbing the deck while Aldon is sent to do line work.

Avakor is orderd back down to the galley to help fishguts with whatever he needs. When Avakor gets there he finds Fishguts sober and alert and he seems to have everything under control. He would rather hear about the rescue of Rosie and the storm. Bull session for Avakor, that includes needing to drink the rum.

Because all of your characters are in certain stats of weariness and exhaustion from the storm your jobs won’t come easy to you today so you must make your rolls, including the negatives from exhaustion or fatigue where applicable. You also need to each roll a constitution check and Avakor you must roll a fort save. Aldon, you are also at -2 con (-1 to your rolls) today because there was no rum ration last night and you are suffering from withdrawal, you need to make a fort save as well to avoid -2 ability damage.

daily actions are an option for you as well


Male Elf Inquisitor 1 / HP -1/9, NLD 0, AC 16, Touch 13, Flat 13, F +2, R +3, W +5 / Init +3, Perc +10

Day 9
Job: Scrub Those Decks!
Fatigued! -1 to Check
Strength* Check 1d20 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 - 1 = 9
*Ironically, scrubbing the decks is not a Dex check.
Ship Action: Sneak: The Galley

Lex is too tired to put any special effort into his work. He decides to take a quick look around the galley to see if there is anything appetizing or valuable around, maybe if he's lucky a potion of not-being-so-stinking-tiredness.

Perception Check 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

Finally a good roll! BTW you said we need a Constitution check right?
1d20 ⇒ 11


Female Human (Adopted Halfling) Cleric / 1 // Rogue / 1 -- HP 13/13, NLHP 0/8, AC 16, Touch 13, Flat 13, F +2, R +4, W +6 / Init +2, Perc +3

Profession sailor (exhausted -6) work diligently 1d20 + 8 - 6 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 8 - 6 + 4 = 25
con check 1d20 ⇒ 17

Almathea wakes as she's pushed over by Scourge's boot. Flinching as his whip cracks over her head, she goes about her job for the day. Even though she's completely exhausted from the day and night before, Thea manages to do a good job and manages not to pass out again. Though that may partly from fear of getting whipped if she does.

Thea also manages a weak smile and a wave whenever she passes by Lex, Marn and Rosie on deck and tries to avoid Scourge.

I'm guessing she wouldn't pass by Aldon or Avakor. Also, thank goodness for some good rolls. I'm pretty sure I managed not to pass out again. :)


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Actually Thea...you do pass out :( sorry! The roll gets increasingly harder.

Once again Scourge finds Thea nodded off around noon. He is so angry that he just yells incoherently between yawning himself. Forcing Thea back to work. She does however get her job done very well afterwards despite being tired so Scourge seems to ignore the fact that she was sleeping this afternoon.

As for Lex, he makes his way to the galley and roots around a bit when nobody is in there, he sees that there are a number of daggers laying about and a short sword, but he notices a particularly ornate knife being used as a butchers knife mwk dagger

Some time later however Scourge comes looking for Lex and finds him passed out in the cargo hold next to the pigs cages. Two pigs it seems have gotten out during the storm and one is licking Lex's face when he is woken by Scourge, ordered back on deck and told he's already got it coming this'll just make it worse.


Female Human (Adopted Halfling) Cleric / 1 // Rogue / 1 -- HP 13/13, NLHP 0/8, AC 16, Touch 13, Flat 13, F +2, R +4, W +6 / Init +2, Perc +3

*laughs* Dang it, I thought I did good with that roll. Wonder how long I can avoid getting whipped? I'll feel left out and neglected if everyone else ends up getting the lash and I don't. :)


Gunslinger 1, HP 10/10, NL-HP 0/10, AC 17, T 14, F13, F +2, R +6, W +2 Init +4, Perc +6

Day 9 - Morning
Working the Line - Profession Sailor 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Con Check 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13
Fort Save 1d20 ⇒ 17

Aldon tries to maintain himself during the day, but seems to continue to be bothered by his shacking hands. Maybe this is the time to get the creature off my back...


Male Undine Oracle 2 (Dual-Cursed Oracle), HP 20/20, NL-HP 0/20, AC 15, Touch 11, Flat-Footed 14, F +2, R +1, W +5, Init +1, Perc +3

Day 9
Heal Check for Treat Disease on Self: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18 Note: I should get a +4 bonus on this if I passed the Heal check.
Constitution Check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Ship Action (Bull Session): Influence - Barefoot
Diplomacy Check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Rum Bonus: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Fatigue Duration: 1d8 ⇒ 1
Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

During a break from chatting and drinking rum with Kroop, presumably while he's procuring more drink, Avakor wanders up onto deck, taking in the remnants of the storm. While up there, he attempts to strike up a conversation with Barefoot during a short period she's on deck securing a rope.

Ship Action (Normal): Sleep
Rum Action: Dispose
Stealth Check: 1d20 ⇒ 11

After the evening meal and rum ration, which Avakor attempts to dispose of quietly, he retires to his hammock, eager to get the sleep that he was denied last night by Scourge. As he drifts off to sleep, a wicked grin crosses his face. "Take that you... bastard..." is all he whispers to himself in the moments before he passes out.


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Aldon you make your first fort save and are on your way to potential recovery. But you also pass out and fall asleep at one point during the day only to be roused violently by Scourge.

Avakor, you manage to treat your wounds when you get 10 minutes of down time when talking to Kroop.

Barefoot Samms appears tired and not to willing to get into a great conversation but you do manage to cheer her up a bit and she does appreciate the distraction from her work. Unfortunately while on deck you sit down for just a second and you fall asleep right in front of Scourge who wakes you up and yells you back to the galley.

You all retire to your hammocks, the storm is starting to dissipate. When you hit the hammocks you all fall asleep within minutes and have no problems falling asleep.


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Day 10: Morning

Its another day and the wind and rain is gone and so is any sight of land.

Profession (sailor) or Knowledge (Geography) DC 15:

You notice that the captain has set course to the east into the fever sea. You estimate that the ship was driven South east out of the shackles into open water and now the captain is giving the slithering coast a wide berth and staying out in the shipping lanes.

Avakor and aldon (if you ditch your rum) need to make a fort save sometime on the 10th day

Today appears to be a moderately normal day which most of the crew seems very happy of after having to fight the storm. Each person choose a action for the day


Female Human (Adopted Halfling) Cleric / 1 // Rogue / 1 -- HP 13/13, NLHP 0/8, AC 16, Touch 13, Flat 13, F +2, R +4, W +6 / Init +2, Perc +3

Obviously no night time actions for us now. :)
Will those of us exhausted still be fatigued the next day?
Profession sailor check 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Influence Diplomacy 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Despite still feeling tired from the previous day, Thea is nontheless cheerful as she goes about her work today, glad that the storm has passed. She'll chat with whoever's working near her, commenting on the fine weather for the day and how glad she is that they didn't lose anyone to the storm, that the ship seems to have weathered it ok and wonders what their destination is and why they seem to be heading east into the fever sea.


Gunslinger 1, HP 10/10, NL-HP 0/10, AC 17, T 14, F13, F +2, R +6, W +2 Init +4, Perc +6

Aldon feels rather happy today, having finished with the stormy day and seeing clear skies.

Profession Sailor 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Aldon decides to check on Rosie to see how she is feeling, as they were busy surviving the storm the last day, he hadn't seen if she was ok from the accident.

Later that night he tries to tell a story of his time as an Andoran Privateer, a really raunchy story involving the Captain and what he thought was a mermaid.

Perform: Oratory 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 1

But he stumbles a lot through the story and botches the punchline.

When rum rations are handed out, Aldon attempts to dump it without anyone noticing

Stealth Roll 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Fort Roll 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

The eight hours of sleep would be enough to get you rested enough so you aren't fatigued.


Male Elf Inquisitor 1 / HP -1/9, NLD 0, AC 16, Touch 13, Flat 13, F +2, R +3, W +5 / Init +3, Perc +10

Profession (sailor) Check 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Day 10
Rum Ration: Ditch
Stealth Check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Ship Action: Steal* (Night)

Lex attempts to sneak into the galley at night and exchanges his own dagger for the masterwork dagger he saw being used as a butcher's knife. If the doors are locked, he instead uses his action to Sneak and take 20 on a Perception check around the cargo hold.

Stealth Check 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Well crap. Hopefully the door was locked...


Male Undine Oracle 2 (Dual-Cursed Oracle), HP 20/20, NL-HP 0/20, AC 15, Touch 11, Flat-Footed 14, F +2, R +1, W +5, Init +1, Perc +3

Day 10
Heal Check to Treat Disease on Self: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Profession(sailor) Check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Ship Action: Influence - Barefoot
Diplomacy Check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Rum Action: Drink
Charisma Bonus: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Fatigue Duration: 1d8 ⇒ 2
Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

Avakor tries to find time during the day to treat the infection he's come down with, but otherwise does little but help Kroop cook the crew's evening meal.

After the meal and rum, he wanders over to Barefoot again, trying to strike up another conversation with the woman, "I think that most are aware of how I and a few others came to be aboard this ship. I was wondering how did you end up on here? You did not sign on for this voyage, did you?"


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Lex you could have easily exchanged it when you found it in the first place :) Nobody was there. Would you like to change your action?

Thea you get into a conversation with Till bracket. She helped hold one of the lines last night to save the other crew members so you have something to talk about right from the start.

She's a very dynamic and friendly individual, likes to joke a lot. She's also glad nobody was lost and she thinks its great that there are people like you and your friends willing to help others in trouble. She says knowing you guys had rosie's back she's willing to trust you.

when you ask about the destination and the fever sea she can't say for sure but she's pretty certain that Harrigan plans to raid the shipping lanes. The fever sea has a lot of trade from sargava, bloodcove and any number of other ports, some small, some large.

She explains, there is a lot of wealth coming out of the Mawangi expanse in the south and people need to try and get it past the pirates so they don't sail close to the slithering coast. Especially if they are trying to avoid heading straight into the shackles, they also try and swing wide of the "eye" because only pirates know the way through those waters.

Your roll was almost not good enough, but then I remembered that you performed that song the other night so I added the bonus form that. Till is know friendly towards you.

Aldon you are booed and ridiculed for your story but you manage to dump your rum over the side of the ship. By the time you are heading to bed you actually are starting to think you've beaten this thing. You are no longer addicted to rum

Avakor, you start to feel much better your fort save wasn't enough but with the heal check added in there it was. The swelling around the bite is gone and your fever is almost gone.

Barefoot sheepishly says yes, she did, she was a fisherwoman growing up and thought there was a better life to be had in piracy so she went to port peril and signed on. She says it wasn't exactly what she thought it would be, but she aims to stick it out and see what it's like.

she asks you about yourself. She asks you what are you? She's seen all sorts but never has she seen your species. She wonders are you a gillman from the sunken continent of Azlant?


Male Elf Inquisitor 1 / HP -1/9, NLD 0, AC 16, Touch 13, Flat 13, F +2, R +3, W +5 / Init +3, Perc +10

Oh yes please!!!! Thanks :)
Ship Action: Entertain

Lex, seeing Aldon's mumbling through his story, jumps up and decides to draw attention away from him by recounting a story about a miracle in which Chelish warships were closing in on a devout pirate ship crying out to Besmara for mercy, who answered with a school of sea serpents which disabled the ships, allowing the pirates to plunder them before the serpents scuttled the ships. (Assuming my roll is bad enough, that is actually just about word for word how he tells it :)

Perform (oratory) Check 1d20 ⇒ 12


Male Undine Oracle 2 (Dual-Cursed Oracle), HP 20/20, NL-HP 0/20, AC 15, Touch 11, Flat-Footed 14, F +2, R +1, W +5, Init +1, Perc +3

Day 10

"Not that I am aware of. I am what is called an 'undine'. From what I have gathered, it means that my birth mother, or someone in my family line, made love to a creature of elemental water. I have occasionally wondered about it, but since I have not been able to ask her, I may never truly know." He smiles for a moment, staring off into the dark sea. "It has given me an affinity for water. For example, I can breathe water as easily as air and swim like a fish. The chill of the air or water is something that I feel, but it holds little harm for me. Honestly, I find most storms pleasant, although that last one was quite more than rough enough." He looks over to her. "Are you simply curious, or do I scare you a bit?"


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Lex's story doesn't get a booed, but the crew seems stunned into the silence a and look puzzled at the terse manner in which he tells the story. Needless to say they aren't very impressed but some laugh and shake their heads.

In response to Avakor Samm's says "simply curious, I've seen some strange things at sea. Mostly at night or out of the corner of yer eyes, but the sea is a strange place, no surprise that sometimes something from the sea takes notice of them which sail it."


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Marn go ahead and post when you can, I'm going to go ahead and post for the next day.

DAY 11: The Coral Reef

The day is bright and clear and the wind is barely blowing at all today. A stark contrast to the past few days, and not an unpleasant one The wormwood seems to move along at a snails pace. When you get on deck you notice that the ship has come somewhat closer to the coast.

In the distance, only 200 ft. or so from the Wormwood there appears to be a coral reef.

Mr. Plugg stands with his hands on his hips and motions the five of you over as well as Sandara.

"You, all of you are going to swim out to the reef and do a little crab fishing. Might as well make the most of this day cause we aren't going anywhere in this wind."

He motions to four crab pots on the deck and says "Get to it!" before he turns about and walks away.

You can each respond to Plugg or take actions.


Male Elf Inquisitor 1 / HP -1/9, NLD 0, AC 16, Touch 13, Flat 13, F +2, R +3, W +5 / Init +3, Perc +10

Lex waits until Plugg is out of sight before breaking into a large smile. Finally a chance to get off the ship! Lemme grab my trident and net. He slings his trident and net onto his back and removes his rapier and scabbard from his belt and his spring-loaded wrist sheath and stows them in his locker. He ejects the dagger and puts it in a sheath on his belt. Then he scurries back on deck, waiting for the others to finish their preparations.


Female Human (Adopted Halfling) Cleric / 1 // Rogue / 1 -- HP 13/13, NLHP 0/8, AC 16, Touch 13, Flat 13, F +2, R +4, W +6 / Init +2, Perc +3

Almathea gives a little shrug. "Better than being stuck down in the bilges, that's for sure." And I feel better that Sandara is coming with us since I doubt they'd be willing to just sail off without her.

Thea takes off anything that's not really needed and stows it in her locker. She quickly returns, armed only with a dagger and wearing just her pants and shirt. Thea knows she's not that strong a swimmer and doesn't want to risk being weighed down with anything.


Male Undine Oracle 2 (Dual-Cursed Oracle), HP 20/20, NL-HP 0/20, AC 15, Touch 11, Flat-Footed 14, F +2, R +1, W +5, Init +1, Perc +3

Day 11

"A chance you swim again? Yes, sir!"

Avakor eagerly runs down to the lower decks and retrieves his armor, buckler, and spear from his locker before securing it again (he's always got his spell component pouch and holy symbols on him). He leaves the rest in the locker and returns to the deck.


Gunslinger 1, HP 10/10, NL-HP 0/10, AC 17, T 14, F13, F +2, R +6, W +2 Init +4, Perc +6

Aldon grabs his rifle and checks his ammo, making sure it is secure in the oiled water proof bag. He contemplates taking off his armor, but instead keeps it on. He leaves all his other gear as it will weigh him down.

He comes back up to the top of the deck, "Good thing its not storming out this time, right Avakor!"


Male Undine Oracle 2 (Dual-Cursed Oracle), HP 20/20, NL-HP 0/20, AC 15, Touch 11, Flat-Footed 14, F +2, R +1, W +5, Init +1, Perc +3

Day 11

"Most certainly! I would much prefer calm waters full of tasty crab anyday." He grabs a crab pot. "Well, off we go, then!" Avakor leaps off the side of boat with a smile on his face.


Male Elf Inquisitor 1 / HP -1/9, NLD 0, AC 16, Touch 13, Flat 13, F +2, R +3, W +5 / Init +3, Perc +10

Keep forgetting my buckler...Lex will grab that too :-)


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Trident? Net? Buckler...your not an alchemist with an extra arm are you? A friend of mine played a pyromaniac four armed alchemist...it was kinda of fun actually :)anyway..

Sandara willingly grabs one of the pots.

You all get prepared and ready to go and then one by one you make your way down the ropes into the water. The ocean is calm and you all have no problem swimming in it Unless you cannot take 10 on your swim check. If that's the case let me know

The reef is 200 ft. away so the swim takes a little time for most of you, except Avakor who is able to clear the distance much faster.

Most of the reef seems to be 5 to 30 ft. below the surface of the water. there are a few, very few, areas that are about two feet deep. where you could stand comfortably but those are far and few between and not really the best locations to catch crab.

Each of you can make survival or perception check at DC 10 to spot the crabs. If you spot a crab you can make a DC 10 Swim Check to swim down under the water and grab one. You have four pots for crab and you suspect it will take about four crabs to fill each pot. Each of you go ahead and take 3 full rounds of actions to start with, so basically three attempts to find a crab and catch one.

Avakor, you can attempt 5 times because you have reached the reef well ahead of the rest of the group.

Who's all carrying the pots?

"couldnt be a nicer day for this eh?" Sandara says with a grin before diving deep into the water to look for some crabs.

1st roundSandara looks for a crab 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14 and finds one, she tries to swim deeper to grab it. 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 but is unable to get to it.

2nd roundAfter missing it the first time she comes up for air, she tries to swim deeper to grab the same crab again. 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 She snatches it without a problem.

3rd roundSandara looks for a crab again 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 but she cant seem to find one right now.

Total crabs: 1 of 16


Female Human (Adopted Halfling) Cleric / 1 // Rogue / 1 -- HP 13/13, NLHP 0/8, AC 16, Touch 13, Flat 13, F +2, R +4, W +6 / Init +2, Perc +3

Almathea takes one of the pots since she's not carrying anything else in her hands.

perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
swim 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Once she reaches the reef, Thea quickly spots a crab and dives down to catch it without a problem.

perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
swim 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

She goes back down after another crab she spotted, but it manages to stay out of her reach and she has to abandon the attempt to return to the surface for air.

perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
swim 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Taking some deep breaths after she returns to the surface, Thea's unable to spot another crab.


Male Elf Inquisitor 1 / HP -1/9, NLD 0, AC 16, Touch 13, Flat 13, F +2, R +3, W +5 / Init +3, Perc +10

I don't plan on using them all at the same time silly! Trident is one-handed so I can use it with the buckler. :)

Indeed, Lady Sandara, indeed. Fine day for fishing. Lex will take a pot before jumping in and swimming to the reef.

OK here are my rolls. My racial trait Spirit of the Waves enables me to always be able to take 10 on Swim checks, so I will do so. I have a +10 but with my armor and buckler I have a +8. That combined with my +10 in perception ensures success lol.

Perception Check #1 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
Swim Check (Taking 10) (10)+8 = 18
Lex spots a crab hiding in the shallows and grabs it.

Perception Check #2 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
Swim Check (Taking 10) (10)+8 = 18
The second crab doesn't have a chance as Lex's keen eyes spot him at once. He swims down a puts a second crab in their pot.

Perception Check #3 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
Swim Check (Taking 10) (10)+8 = 18
The third and final crab was spotted and snagged, which, with Thea's, completely fills their first pot.

It seems my net was unnecessary. These crabs don't put up much of a fight!


Male Dwarf Alchemist (Grenadier) 2 HP: 14/14 AC: 15 FF:13 T:12 F:+4 R: +5 W:+1 Init:+2 Perc: +5

Once again, sorry for the delay

Day 10

Profession - Sailor 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Sneak - Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

The day went by uneventfully for Marn. Unlike many others he was actually feeling perfectly fine. The entire crew seemed to be in a good mood so Marn figured he'd use the chance to spend a little more time finding materials for his moonshine.

Day 11

When Plugg ordered them to go fish for crabs Marn just nodded. It would be a perfect chance to maybe harvest some kelp he could mix in with the grain for his brew. The taste would probably be a little less but that would make his supplies last longer. But first he followed Lex while got his gear, supposedly to put his boots in his locker but in fact he made sure he was stocked up on swimming extract.

Turn Targeted Bomb Admixture into a second Touch of the Sea

Once Marn hit the water he downed a single swimming extract now that he would be out of sight from the deck so they wouldn't see the change. He then joined Avakor in their swim towards the reef. He also carried one pot with him.

Get swim speed 30 ft and +8 swim for 1 minute, so I still have 3 rounds remaining after reaching the reef. I assume I get there at the same time as Avakor and also get 5 attempts

Once Marn arrives at reef he immediately starts looking for crabs

Perception 1 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Swim 1 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Perception 2 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Swim 2 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Both the first and the second crab are really easy to snag and Marn already has his pot filled up to half by the time the others arrive.

Perception 3 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Swim 3 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

The third crab starts well as the critter is easily spotted in the water but just as Marn is about to grab it the extract wears out and the crab manages to scuttle away.

Perception 4 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Swim 4 1d20 ⇒ 1

Once again he spots a crab but the beastie hides in a crevasse before Marn is even fully submerged.

Perception 5 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Swim 15 1d20 ⇒ 17

Deciding on a change of tactics Marn moves to shallower water and with success. He quickly spots another crab and snags it with ease.


Male Undine Oracle 2 (Dual-Cursed Oracle), HP 20/20, NL-HP 0/20, AC 15, Touch 11, Flat-Footed 14, F +2, R +1, W +5, Init +1, Perc +3

Day 11

As he nears the reef, Avakor turns to Marn. "Marn, few can swim as well as me. I congratulate you on your speed and effort, but how are you accomplishing it?" He smiles at the dwarf.

He looks around for a crab, checking the likely places.

Survival Check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Swim Check: Take 10 = 10 + 11 = 21

He spots one and swiftly swims down, grabs it, and stuffs it in the pot.

Survival Check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Swim Check: Take 10 = 10 + 11 = 21

Avakor locates a second crab and scoops it up with ease.

The rest arrive and he holds up the pot to the rest with a grin, "Two down, two to go!" He returns Sandara's grin, "Absolutely not. The weather is wonderful!" He beams for a moment before he dives back under the waves and starts to scan the reef again.

Survival Check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Swim Check: Take 10 = 10 + 11 = 21

He scoops up another crab and swims over to Almatheaas she searches under water for more, proffering the thrashing crustacean.

He nabs a third and shoves it into the pot.

Survival Check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Swim Check: Take 10 = 10 + 11 = 21

The forth and final crab is located, attempting to break open the shell of a clam or some other mollusk, and fails to notice the undine until it is too late. He scoops up the unsuspecting crustacean and brings it to its new, rather temporary, home.

He looks around to see in any others are finished and seeing that they all seem to be searching, he dives down again.

Survival Check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Swim Check: Take 10 = 10 + 11 = 21

He scoops up another crab and swims over to Sandara as she searches underwater for another crab, proffering the thrashing crustacean with a grin.


Male Dwarf Alchemist (Grenadier) 2 HP: 14/14 AC: 15 FF:13 T:12 F:+4 R: +5 W:+1 Init:+2 Perc: +5

Marn grins at Avakor, "Bottled essence of the sea. It's only temporary." But it was good and made things a lot easier.


Gunslinger 1, HP 10/10, NL-HP 0/10, AC 17, T 14, F13, F +2, R +6, W +2 Init +4, Perc +6

Aldon dives into the water and swims out to the coral reef. As he watches the others dive fr crabs, he treads water and takes a long look around, both in the water and the surrounding area

Perception Check 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Once finished that, he begins to look for crabs

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Swim 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Swim 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

He manages to grab himself a single crab.


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Well I figured that Lex, I imagine you with all this stuff strapped all over and still trying to swim :)

After a few minutes of searching you've managed to get almost all the pots full getting fourteen out of the sixteen needed.

As you all take a moment to yell back and forth trying to count up your catch and see how many more you need out from below you coming out from the cover of the reef are large crustaceans moving rapidly through the waters with nasty pincers. They seem to streak straight towards Marn and Avakor who are swimming near each other.

DC 10 Knowledge (Nature) Check:

You know that these are Reefclaws, nasty crustaceans and very vicious with nasty pincers and poisonous barbs in their claws.

Surprise Round

The first creature Attacks Avakor with both its claws 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 and 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19, missing with its first pincer but grabbing you with it's second. DMG 1d4 ⇒ 4 It attempts to latch on 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16 and it easily grabs your leg and holds you fast. you are grappled

DC 13 fort save to avoid poison

The second creature Attacks Marn with both its claws 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 and 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11, both of it's claws are unable to penetrate your armour.

creature init 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
party init 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 Just doing party init this time

The creatures get to act again catching you all off guard.

The first creature Attacks Avakor again with one claw 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14 and tries to hold on with its second 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18, it maintains it's hold and does 1d4 ⇒ 3 damage.

The second creature Attacks Marn with both its claws again.1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11 and 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19, one claw attaches and tears flesh. 1d4 ⇒ 3 DMG, 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28, It also has marn grappled and held fast.

Marn must make a DC 13 Fort to avoid poison

Ouch! Okay its your turn. Sandara and Aldon are about 30 feet from the creatures while Almathea and lex are 10 feet away.

Aldon, I am assuming you are going to want to get to a position to shot, there is a place you can stand about 10 feet from your current position. The creatures are attacking marn and Avakor as they tread water over an area that is 30 ft. deep however.


Male Elf Inquisitor 1 / HP -1/9, NLD 0, AC 16, Touch 13, Flat 13, F +2, R +3, W +5 / Init +3, Perc +10

Knowledge (nature) Check 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 (1 Int + 3 Wis, which I get to add thanks to inquisitor's Monster Lore :)

Reefclaws! They''re poisonous! Lex yells as he draws his trident (move action)
and prepares to strike at the reefclaws. (Readied action to attack a reefclaw entering into a threatened square.)

Attack Roll for Readied Attack 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Damage Roll 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Male Undine Oracle 2 (Dual-Cursed Oracle), HP 20/20, NL-HP 0/20, AC 15, Touch 11, Flat-Footed 14, F +2, R +1, W +5, Init +1, Perc +3

Day 11

That first claw attack in the first turn just barely hits my AC, assuming that I have not fully recovered my Dex. Also, do I need to make another Fortitude save on the first round from when it maintains it's hold?

Untrained Knowledge(nature) Check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Avakor attempts to Channel, and then looks over to the rest. "Argh! Some aid please! One has got me by my leg and another has Marn!" He struggles with the creature grabbing his leg, but he cannot put much effort behind it while focusing on something else, he makes little headway.

Standard Action: Channel Energy
Free Action: Speak
Channel Energy: 1d6 ⇒ 2 to everyone within 30 feet.

Grr... just realized I didn't include equipment in swim checks earlier. Armor and buckler brings me to a +9 for a total of 19, so it doesn't change anything. Still, I gotta stop doin' that. :(


Gunslinger 1, HP 10/10, NL-HP 0/10, AC 17, T 14, F13, F +2, R +6, W +2 Init +4, Perc +6

Aldon swims over to the area where he can stand, he gets himself up and goes into his waterproof bag to grab a shell. He pops it into the gun.

Two Move actions, one to move, the other to load


Female Human (Adopted Halfling) Cleric / 1 // Rogue / 1 -- HP 13/13, NLHP 0/8, AC 16, Touch 13, Flat 13, F +2, R +4, W +6 / Init +2, Perc +3

ranged touch attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
damage 1d6 ⇒ 4

Thea flings an icicle at the reefclaw attacking Avakor. Guess it was too much to hope that we'd have an uneventful day.


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Lex it appears as though there are only the two reefclaws attacking at this time.

No avakor, just every succesful attack not the continued grapple, not sure if that is the way it works but that's the way I'll run it.

Avakor, you and Marn are heald for 2 points, everyone else is at full health.

Almathea the icicle skims through the air into the water and strikes the reefclaw digging into it's shell.

Sandar quickly reacts to the attack as well and draws her rapier, moves 5 feet towards Avakor and casts doom on the creature attached to his leg.

Creatures will save 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 it is unaffected.

creature 1: -4 HP
creature 2: -0 HP

Marn it's your turn.


Male Elf Inquisitor 1 / HP -1/9, NLD 0, AC 16, Touch 13, Flat 13, F +2, R +3, W +5 / Init +3, Perc +10

I figured but didn't want to waste an action since I can't draw a weapon and move as part of the same action, so... I just realized I could have moved over to Marn instead of readying the attack. Oh well. C'est la vie.

351 to 400 of 519 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Black Sails on the Horizon - Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.