Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Black Sails on the Horizon - A Skull and Shackles Campaign by Faol Mhor (Inactive)

Game Master Faol Mhor


501 to 519 of 519 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Male Undine Oracle 2 (Dual-Cursed Oracle), HP 20/20, NL-HP 0/20, AC 15, Touch 11, Flat-Footed 14, F +2, R +1, W +5, Init +1, Perc +3

True, but it's a surprise round, so I only get one move or standard action. Just labelled it wrong. :)


Male Dwarf Alchemist (Grenadier) 2 HP: 14/14 AC: 15 FF:13 T:12 F:+4 R: +5 W:+1 Init:+2 Perc: +5

After a second of hesitation Marn nods, as if he made up his mind. He pull a flask from his belt pouch and downs it. The moment he empties the vial he grows to almost three time his own size, his gear adapting to his new size. Now, wielding his giant hammer, Marn simply steps across to the other ship.

Move: Drink extract of Enlarge Person
Move: Use increased size to cross the 4-5 feet to the other ship with a single step


Female Human (Adopted Halfling) Cleric / 1 // Rogue / 1 -- HP 13/13, NLHP 0/8, AC 16, Touch 13, Flat 13, F +2, R +4, W +6 / Init +2, Perc +3

Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
atttack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

As soon as she hits the deck of the other ship, Thea starts swinging at the nearest target with her mace, but appears to miss in her excitement and haste.


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

The stunned looks on the face of the Rahadoumi sailors at a fish man landing on his face on the deck and a small woman leaping towards them swinging her mace wildly in the air infront of their faces quickly gives way to looks of astonishment as a huge dwarf steps on to the ship. Two men with the crossbows turn to aim at the giant dwarf while the third readies his sword.

Avakor's init 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Marns's init 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Sailors's init 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Joves's init 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Jove and Marn you can act, then it will be the pirates turn and then Thea and Avakor can act again. To speed things up i'm going to do the three sailors now as well but just assume these actions come after Jove and Marn but before Thea and Avakor

Both Crossbow men loose bolts at the giant Dwarf.

Sailor 1 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14, 1d10 ⇒ 2 Marn does your size increase with the potion to large? I am assuming it might and so that may affect your AC. This attack may hit. Let me know

Sailor 2 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22, 1d10 ⇒ 5 Te bolt hits the dwaf hard in the shoulder. Critical hit 1d10 ⇒ 8 More damage

13 points of damage unless the first shot hits as well

Thea you get an attack of opportunity on one of the crossbowmen because he is within five feet.

Sailor 3, the man with the sword, steps towards Thea and attempts to attack her with his sword 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15, 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 dmg

Marn and Jove, take two turns each, Thea and Avakor take a turn and Thea you can take the AOO as well.

Jove:

You run up the stairs to the sterncastle I'm assuming? And what you see is a strange sight, a giant dwarf looming over three sailors, a tiny halfling woman, you assume, swinging a mace wildly in every direction and a man who looks like a creature of the sea standing nonchalantly in front of the sailors demanding their surrender. All three of the Rahadoumi sailors have their backs to you.


M Sylph Witch 2 / HP 11/11, NLD 0, AC 14 [17], Touch 13, Flat 11 [14], F +0, R +3, W +3 / Init +3, Perc +3 (+5 if familiar is near)

Yep up to the sterncastle I go.
Turn 1/2
Jove draws his dagger as he runs up the stairs to the sterncastle and sees the strange lot of pirates. Smiling to himself, Jove knows he will fit in. Staying as far away from the sailors as he can but still remaining on the sterncastle, Jove concentrates on the middle sailor and Jove's eyes momentarily turn entirely black while Jove sends shadows invisible to all but he to curse the sailor. Jove's eyes return to their sky blue after the hex is completed.

Evil Eye Hex -1 to all saves for 8 rounds; DC 16 Will save reduces to just 1 round

Turn 2/2
Jove once again targets the middle sailor with his evil eye, this time choosing to curse the creature's ability to attack. Evil Eye Hex -1 to attack rolls for 8 rounds: DC 16 Will save reduces to just 1 round.

Jove then lets out a hearty guffaw, the sound almost magic in the way it rings even in the din of the battle and the flapping of the sails, though it sounds much more maniacal to those hit by his evil eye. Move action to use Cackle hex, which increases the duration of my Evil Eye hex effects by 1 round.

The name's Jove Sirocco, and I'd like to apply for the post of pirate on your crew! Jove beams at the towering dwarf, the halfling woman, and the man of the sea. He turns to the sailors, who have no doubt heard his cackle and says This is what you get for not tying your knots tight.


Male Undine Oracle 2 (Dual-Cursed Oracle), HP 20/20, NL-HP 0/20, AC 15, Touch 11, Flat-Footed 14, F +2, R +1, W +5, Init +1, Perc +3

I thought that the Evil Eye hex carried a -2 penalty.

Standard Action: Cast cure light wounds on Marn
Healing: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Seeing Marn fall to a lucky shot, Avakor focuses inward to draw on his inner song. He mutters and incantation and a glow suffuses his hand, which he touches to Marn.


M Sylph Witch 2 / HP 11/11, NLD 0, AC 14 [17], Touch 13, Flat 11 [14], F +0, R +3, W +3 / Init +3, Perc +3 (+5 if familiar is near)

Right you are, Avakor. Evil eye is a -2 penalty :)


Male Dwarf Alchemist (Grenadier) 2 HP: 14/14 AC: 15 FF:13 T:12 F:+4 R: +5 W:+1 Init:+2 Perc: +5

As Marn steps across a giant grin appears in his now massive, braided beard. Seemingly without much effort he swings his hammer, which increased in size with him. The hammer is aimed at the stunned sailors bearing their crossbows.

Standard: Attack vs the closest of sailor 1 and 2.
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 DMG: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (4, 2) + 5 = 11

By the way, doesn't the sailor need to make a confirmation roll for his crit?


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Jove which sailor are you targeting? if you target number 2 I believe his hit is still a crit because a 20 is an automatic hit and he still rolled a 22 so your hex would have no affect on the shot. Not that I'm encouraging metagaming here :) I just need to know which sailor you are hexing.

In either case Marn has an action before the bolts hit him. He won init, so he may be able to kill one of the sailors before they shot. I just put up the rolls to save time but I think it is causing more confusion than it was worth.

In anycase here is the will save for the sailor you do target for the first Hex

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16 He makes his will save

Oh just previewed and Marn has posted...Ah, yes you are correct Marn, my bad. HE does need to confirm it. Here it is..

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22 ouch, unfortunately it appears as though he does indeed crit

Marn Steps close to the first sailor and swings hard, the man is suprised and just narrowly caught by the massive blow. IT seems to have almost crippled him.

MArn because you stepped up to him, and he decided to shot you you can take an AOO as well on him before the bolt is loosed.

Here is where everyone stands. Marn is in combat with S1, S2 and S3 are next to Thea, Jove is about 15 feet away on the deck behind the sailors on the opposite side from you guys, and avakor is about 10 feet away from the sailors behind thea.

Sailor 1: 11 DMG
Sailor 2: 0 DMG, Hexed for 1 round -2 saveing throws
Sailor 3: 0 DMG

Marn can make the AOO and then we will apply the DMG, and I'll wait for Thea to make her AOO move and then we will see what Damage you are at.


Male Dwarf Alchemist (Grenadier) 2 HP: 14/14 AC: 15 FF:13 T:12 F:+4 R: +5 W:+1 Init:+2 Perc: +5

The moment the sailor next to him tries to shoot his crossbow Marn swings his hammer at him.

AoO:
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 DMG: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (5, 3) + 5 = 13


Female Human (Adopted Halfling) Cleric / 1 // Rogue / 1 -- HP 13/13, NLHP 0/8, AC 16, Touch 13, Flat 13, F +2, R +4, W +6 / Init +2, Perc +3

AOO 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 + 1d6 ⇒ 1 if flat-flooted


M Sylph Witch 2 / HP 11/11, NLD 0, AC 14 [17], Touch 13, Flat 11 [14], F +0, R +3, W +3 / Init +3, Perc +3 (+5 if familiar is near)

I said I was targeting the middle sailor (since you said there were three I assumed they were roughly in a line) so yes I suppose I did mean Sailor #2. Sorry Marn that my hex wasn't any help against the crit.


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Pirate Turn 1:

The first sailor raises his crossbow only to receive a hard hammer to the head, he falls to the deck, blood flowing out from the gaping wound on his head. The man is clearly dead from the heavy blow. Sailor one's shot does not hit you Marn because you killed him.

Thea is unable to strike the one making the critical shot however and the bolt hits Marn hard, not enough to knock him to his knees but hard enough to cause serious damage. Marn you take 13 damage, you are not down but you are hurting

The Sailor attacking Thea misses his swing with his sword.

Player Turn 2:

Jove casts a second hex on the same sailor, the man already seems shaken by Jove's first evil glare,

Sailors will save 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16 -2 for previous hex so the sailor fails to reduce the amount of time that this new Hex effects him.

Meanwhile Avakor heals Marn is able to put a bit of life into marn Marn you are healed for 4 so I believe you have 5 HP left at this point.

Thea and Marn, go ahead and do your action for turn 2, I'll wait to do the sailors actions until after, because otherwise I end u confusing myself lol ;)


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Well Jove and Avakor, it looks like jsut the two of you? No Marn and no Thea?


M Sylph Witch 2 / HP 11/11, NLD 0, AC 14 [17], Touch 13, Flat 11 [14], F +0, R +3, W +3 / Init +3, Perc +3 (+5 if familiar is near)

Sad but it looks like it. Maybe they lost their dots? If that's the case maybe we should migrate to a new PbP thread to get them new "new" notifications? (After confirming that is the problem of course)


Well the other option is merger between the two games, you are virtually at the exact same spot in the campaign so the transition could be fairly easy. The other two in the other game which are left are interested in merging. What do you guys think?


Male Undine Oracle 2 (Dual-Cursed Oracle), HP 20/20, NL-HP 0/20, AC 15, Touch 11, Flat-Footed 14, F +2, R +1, W +5, Init +1, Perc +3

I'd be fine with that. I'm still interested in continuing this.


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Okay here is the plan...there are two of you left, and if anyone else is still around they can jump over as well, but I'll make a new campaign thread this afternoon and then post the link here. To start with each of you can just post on the new thread a quick blurb about your character and what they've done so far in the campaign and what you are trying to do.

Then I'll try and amalgamate the two campaigns but that should be super easy because you are both at exactly the same spot....sound good? Any thoughts?


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Okay discussion thread is up

->Amalgamated Campaign Discussion<-

501 to 519 of 519 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Black Sails on the Horizon - Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.