Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Black Sails on the Horizon - A Skull and Shackles Campaign by Faol Mhor (Inactive)

Game Master Faol Mhor


1 to 50 of 519 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

DAY 1: Waking Up.

The hardwood floor underneath you feels like it’s swaying back and forth. Your head seems to be splitting and your vision is foggy.

The last thing you remember was the grungy bar near the docks, The Formidably Maid, you have no idea where you are or how you got here.

If you look around there are several other bodies laying on the floor, some of them are stirring and groaning as they come to. If you try to get up you feel dizzy, weak in the knees and sick to your stomach.

Despite your vision being slightly fogy you are all able to determine you are on a ship, the rocking of the room, the giant base of the mast jutting through the ceiling to the floor, and the odd set of stairs coming through the floor nearby are an obvious indication of your location.

Above you is a single lamp that is turned down low casting it’s light in a small radius, not far enough for most of you to see into the darkness of the hold.

If you have Low-light Vision or Darkvision:

You are able to see that you are in a long narrow room, around the walls are what appear to be boxes with locks on them spaced against a wooden wall with braces running from floor to ceiling.

You may take a round of actions, however for the next minute as you adjust and wake up you are sickened ( –2 penalty on all attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks.) Most of the time in situations I’ll indicate what type of actions you can take, such as a full round of actions, or only a move action or a standard action to indicate the time you have to react in a situation.


Gunslinger 1, HP 10/10, NL-HP 0/10, AC 17, T 14, F13, F +2, R +6, W +2 Init +4, Perc +6

Aldon shakes his head from the fogginess, he can't quite recall what he drank that would have made him so drunk, in fact, he doesn't remember drinking at all. Straightening up, he grabs for his musket when he realizes it's no where to be found. He curses to himself for being so careless.

Wonder where I am, this doesn't seem like Port Peril, and I'm along way from Andor


Male Undine Oracle 2 (Dual-Cursed Oracle), HP 20/20, NL-HP 0/20, AC 15, Touch 11, Flat-Footed 14, F +2, R +1, W +5, Init +1, Perc +3

Avakor groans as the deck shifts underneath him, "Unnngghh... Where am I?" He grabs his head with one hand as he rises to his knees and looks about the room. "This is definately not the Formidably Maid..."


Female Human (Adopted Halfling) Cleric / 1 // Rogue / 1 -- HP 13/13, NLHP 0/8, AC 16, Touch 13, Flat 13, F +2, R +4, W +6 / Init +2, Perc +3

Moaning quietly as she wakes with a headache, Thea only manages to reach a sitting position before she becomes too dizzy to move any more. She then tries to look around, moving as little as possible. I knew I was drinking too much last night.

"No, this looks nothing like the Maid and a lot more like a ship."


Male Elf Inquisitor 1 / HP -1/9, NLD 0, AC 16, Touch 13, Flat 13, F +2, R +3, W +5 / Init +3, Perc +10

Lex coughs up some water. I fell off the pier... wait... this isn't the ocean.

Hello? Lex calls. Was this Besmara's charter for him? Of course, this is the hold of a ship. The boxes hidden in the shadow were definitely cargo, and that is definitely a ship's mast.

Not waiting for an answer, he begins murmuring the incantation for the Sift spell on the closest box and its surrounding area.

Sift (standard action, V, S) allows me to make a Perception check at -5 to search a 10-ft cube within 30 ft as if I were closely searching an area for secret doors, traps, hidden treasure, etc. I only need a holy symbol (I'm assuming I don't have mine) if the spell has a DF component, right? Either way, I'll try to do it and we'll see how it goes from there :)

Sift Spell mod: +10 Perception -5 Spell -2 Sickened = +3
Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Lex:

The boxes appear to be personal lockers with locks on them stacked along the walls. Hammocks wrapped up and stuffed behind them. You are able to see inside three of the boxes in the area you focused on.


  • Inside locker 1: Tools of some kind, a bottle with liquid inside it and a coin purse with 8 coins inside.
  • Inside Locker 2: a coin purse with 21 coins inside.
  • Inside Locker 3: a coin purse with 11 coins inside and what appears to be a bedroll.

You don't discover much around the lockers themselves their just appears to be air and some water below.


Male Dwarf Alchemist (Grenadier) 2 HP: 14/14 AC: 15 FF:13 T:12 F:+4 R: +5 W:+1 Init:+2 Perc: +5

"Ugh, what the?" Was the first thing that came out of Marn when he woke up. His mind was foggy but it was slowly getting clearer. There was a girl next to the Maid yesterday. She claimed to have been bitten by a giant rat and he, the gentleman he always was, went to help. Then their was a thump on the back of his head and all went black.

He started patting himself down but all he could find was the packet of medical tools he always carried with him when on shore leave. "Those filthy, rotten..." He then turned to the language of Giants, a great language for cursing. He cursed his captors and his long years on the surface for it had severely diminished his ability to see in the dark.


Gunslinger 1, HP 10/10, NL-HP 0/10, AC 17, T 14, F13, F +2, R +6, W +2 Init +4, Perc +6

Aldon puts a hand over his head to try and stiffle the pain of his headache. He then begins to check himself over to see if any of his equipment is still on him.

They took my musket, my ammo, my armor, my sword, even all my food... His hand falls over his brass knuckles and he smiles slightly. Appears they didn't grab everything...

Aldon tries to get up from his sitting position and tries to steady himself. He sits and waits for his capturers to show themselves


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

You all hear loud footsteps moving across the floor above you and then down the stairs in the hold.

Coming down the stairs is a tall slender man with long course and tangled black hair wearing a red bandana.

He has a course thick beard and a wide grimace for a smile. You notice the light glints off his teeth which are made of gold. In his right hand he holds a whip, a cutlass on his left hip and a pistol is tucked in his belt.

Several other humanoids make their way into the hold following the first. They are clearly dressed as sailors but you don’t recognize them. There are six sailors and their leader with the golden grimace.

“Still abed with the sun over the yardarm? On your feet, ye filthy swabs! Get up on deck and report for duty before Cap’n Harrigan flays your flesh into sausage skins and has Fishguts fry ye up for breakfast!” barks the leader.

He motions to the stairs with his whip as the 6 other sailors move about the room and surround you.

You notice that each sailor carries a Sap in hand and some of them look particularly eager and ready to use it.

You can all take a perception Check, if successful you can make the alchemy or nature check.

DC 10 Perception Check:

There is a strange aftertaste of oily nutmeg on your tongue.

If you are successful in making the perception check you can make this next check

DC 15 Craft (alchemy) check or DC 10 Knowledge (nature) check:

You recognize the after taste as a clear sign of oil of taggit poisoning.

You can all take an intelligence check even if you failed the above checks

DC 10 Intelligence Check:

You remember seeing the face of the pirate with the whip and the golden teethed sneer. You are also able to piece together all the information in the previous two skill checks. You also remember indulging in spicy food or spicy rum late last night, you realize that the oil of taggit was likely added to your food or drink, and the spices hid the taste of the taggit oil.

You may each respond to the lead pirate and you can take a full round of actions. I will post again around supper, I may be able to post a small post or two around lunch.


Gunslinger 1, HP 10/10, NL-HP 0/10, AC 17, T 14, F13, F +2, R +6, W +2 Init +4, Perc +6

Perception Check 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Intelligence Check 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Aldon notices the aftertaste in his mouth, but thinks that it must just be the after effects from the alcohol. He listens to his captor and laughs slightly. Appears I have been press ganged into a pirate crew, isn't that quite ironic

He makes sure he is steady before walking, and chooses not to make a scene, yet. He begins to shuffle up the stairs to the deck, following the other captives.


Male Undine Oracle 2 (Dual-Cursed Oracle), HP 20/20, NL-HP 0/20, AC 15, Touch 11, Flat-Footed 14, F +2, R +1, W +5, Init +1, Perc +3

"Pressed onto a ship... of all the rotten luck.." Avakor staggers to his feet, the deck reeling a bit more from the exertion. He crosses the intervening space to the stairs with tremulous steps, taking what seems like an eternity to him. Grabbing ahold of the wall as he nears them, he stops for a moment, he turns back to the group of people pressed into service with him, "Time to see what else the gods have in store for us," he says with a weak smile, before turning back and starting up the stairs.

Perception Check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Knowledge(nature) Check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Intelligence Check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

What a strange taste, he thinks to himself. I don't recall eating anything that tasted like that last eve... then again, a lot of last eve is difficult to recall. He glances at the gold-toothed pirate as he walks. Well, I remember that bastard. Note to self, pay him back for this later. He grins to himself for a second at that thought.


Female Human (Adopted Halfling) Cleric / 1 // Rogue / 1 -- HP 13/13, NLHP 0/8, AC 16, Touch 13, Flat 13, F +2, R +4, W +6 / Init +2, Perc +3

Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Int 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

Not wanting give anyone an excuse to use their saps, Thea manages to get to feet, fighting off a wave of nausea as she does so. Hard to forget a set of teeth like that. I'm sure that loud mouthed pirate was at the Maid last night. Also willing to bet he's responsible for drugging my drink. Besmara-cursed bastard.

When she is sure she isn't going to just fall over, Thea makes her way over to and up the stairs.


Male Dwarf Alchemist (Grenadier) 2 HP: 14/14 AC: 15 FF:13 T:12 F:+4 R: +5 W:+1 Init:+2 Perc: +5

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Knowledge (Nature) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Intelligence 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Marn makes a loud smacking sound while he gets up and looks the man in front of him straight in the eye, "Real classy this. May I ask who makes this stuff for you, tastes a bit unrefined." Slaver scum. If only he'd have had his stuff, he'd blow those teethe right out of the man's mouth. But for now he'd best move on, no point discussing details with your captor.

The moment he tries to take a step forward to move towards deck he discovers his step is still a little wobbly and thanks his Dwarven body for keeping him upright. Once it all settles a bit he starts moving again.


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Marn - The leader of the pirates just scoffs at you and says "Was refined enough that you didn't notice." He smiles his hideous gold toothed smile.


Gunslinger 1, HP 10/10, NL-HP 0/10, AC 17, T 14, F13, F +2, R +6, W +2 Init +4, Perc +6

Aldon wonders what these pirates would think if they saw the entire Andoran armada chasing after them. I bet they wouldn't be so ruthless and cruel then, they would all need clean pants after that. He smiles slightly at that thought


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

A bit of a long post here but I hope you all enjoy. I'm running through this first part a little quickly and not giving you time to react because I want you to get the sense your being hustled along but also because I'd rather not get too bogged down right at the beginning. I hope that's okay with you.

You are all escorted up the stairs into what appears to be another cargo hold. On one side of the hold are cages full of pigs but the remainder of the hold appears empty.

This hold has more lanterns lit and you can see the length of it, at one end, closest to you there is a set of stairs that leads up. A very tall and very well built man stand there between you and that set of stairs.

His hair is cut short and he has a rough beard, he wears nothing but some tattered rags around his waist, a metal collar around his neck and he holds a huge club in one hand and in the other he has a handful of tiny crabs, he pops one into his mouth and chews, it makes cracking and popping sounds.

You notice that he seems to have been tarred and feathered in the recent past and hasn’t been cleaned of properly, patches of tar and feathers mar his skin.

At the far end, passed the cages of pigs, there are a number of doors, one of which is open and appears to lead to the galley, you can see pots and pans on a table and chickens lose, pecking at the floor.

There is a hatch open in middle of the hold and a set of stairs appear to swing down into the cargo hold. You are ushered up through this open hatch and on to the main deck. The light is brilliant and it takes you a moment to focus on your surroundings.

If you hesitate at any point one of the pirates who fell in around you prods you forward with his sap or a ruff push.

It’s a bright and sunny day and there is ocean all around you. To the stern of the ship you can see the shore through an ochre haze.

Profession (Sailor) or Knowledge (geography) DC 15:

You are able to tell that the land behind you is Port Peril and the mainland of the shackles and that you are presently headed north across Jeopardy Bay.

Figures cluster around the ship’s mainmast, looking up at the higher deck on the stern, where two figures stand.

One of them is a broad, muscular Garundi man with a shaven head, a long beard bound with gold rings, and an eye patch— clearly the captain. The other is a younger, balding man with a long black ponytail, wearing a long blue coat and carrying a well-used cat-o’-nine-tails.

You notice that you are not the only new recruits—four others are standing on the deck, set apart by their relative cleanliness and their apparent unease with their newfound situation.

A dozen or so other pirates, clearly existing members of the crew, stand about on the deck or in the ship’s rigging.

Before any of you can react or say anything the large Garundi man barks out in a horse voice.

“Glad you could join us at last! Welcome to the Wormwood! My thanks for ‘volunteering’ to join my crew. I’m Barnabas Harrigan. That’s Captain Barnabas Harrigan to you, not that you’ll ever need to address me. I have only one rule—don’t speak to me. I like talk, but I don’t like your talk. Follow that rule and we’ll all get along fine.”

He continues,

“Oh, and one more thing. Even with you new recruits, we’re still short-handed, and I aim to keep what crew I have. There’ll be a keelhaulin’ for anyone caught killin’ anyone. Mr. Plugg! If you’d be so kind as to make pirates out of these landlubbers, it’ll save me having to put them in the sweatbox for a year and a day before I make pies out of ’em.”

The younger bald man smiles with anticipation as the Captain disappears on to the bridge of the ship

“I’m Mr. Plugg, the first mate aboard this ship and I run a tight ship, you’ll listen to me and Master Scourge here whom you’ve already had the pleasure of meeting. He’s the boatswain and master-at-arms.”

Mr. Plugg points at the tall skinny man with the whip and the golden grimace.

Not giving you any time to respond Mr. Plugg continues.

“Now, I don’t give a damn who you are or what you did in your past lives, what I need is a rigger and one of you lucky sods is going to fill that post. Up to the main mast with all of you, first one to the top gets the job, and it’s a better job than you’ll get else wise.”

”Best to get a move on.” Says Master Scourge from behind you as he unfurls his whip with anticipation.

Actions and Climbing the rigging:

you are free to say something and take a full round of actions.

If you choose to climb you can deliberately try to fail the test, however, by making a Bluff check opposed by Plugg’s Sense Motive skill to get away with it. If you wish to race to the top of the mast you need to make a series of Climb checks.

Climbing the rigging requires a DC 10 Climb check to reach the crow’s nest, 60 feet above the deck. Remember that you climb at one-quarter your normal speed (or half speed with an accelerated climb) so each PC will need to make several Climb checks. If your speed is 30ft, then you require 8 successful climbs in a row.

If you use accelerated climb you can climb more quickly than normal. By accepting a –5 penalty, you can move half your speed (instead of one-quarter your speed). You can do so for any number of your climb checks.

However, if you fail your climb attempt by less than 4 you make no progress, if you fail your climb attempt by 5 or more you will fall.


If you do fall you can try and catch yourself, to catch yourself on the rigging it is (DC = 20).

Otherwise you take damage as per normal, 1d6 per 10 feet you fall.


Gunslinger 1, HP 10/10, NL-HP 0/10, AC 17, T 14, F13, F +2, R +6, W +2 Init +4, Perc +6

Profession Sailor 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Aldon looks to the shore and to the direction their are headed. Seems they didn't waste any time in getting us far away from our port.

He sits and listens to the speech of the Captain and tries to think if he has heard of the name of Barnabas

Profession Sailor 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Knowledge Local 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

He looks at the rigging, looks to Master Scourge with his whip handy and thinks about defying the request, but instead he shrugs and decides to climb.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 5ft
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 10ft
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 15ft
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 20ft
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 25ft
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 30ft
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 Aldon misses his holding but catches on and continues to climb
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 35ft
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17 40ft
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18 45ft
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 Aldon again misses his holding, and curses to himself. He swings himself over and continues to climb
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16 50ft
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 Aldon nearly slips and falls, but hangs on tightly. He shakes his head and continue on
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 55ft
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 Aldon slows his pace slightly before continuing
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 60ft

Aldon makes it to the top of the crowsnest and looks out across the sea. He finally smiles, he was at home on the sea, even if it was with a bunch of dishonorable pirates


Male Dwarf Alchemist (Grenadier) 2 HP: 14/14 AC: 15 FF:13 T:12 F:+4 R: +5 W:+1 Init:+2 Perc: +5

Profession (Sailor) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Marn looked out to port peril for a moment. If only he had had his gear, he would have simply jumped ship and would have been there in no time at all. If only he had had his family's iron ship now, that thing would plow straight through this wretched excuse for a boat.

"You expect a Dwarf to climb? I'll take my chances with your other job." He wasn't really afraid of them. They just said they were short on people so they wouldn't kill him and the sting of the lash only burned for so long.


Female Human (Adopted Halfling) Cleric / 1 // Rogue / 1 -- HP 13/13, NLHP 0/8, AC 16, Touch 13, Flat 13, F +2, R +4, W +6 / Init +2, Perc +3

Profession sailor check 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
first climb check 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 still on ground
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 up
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 up
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 nothing
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 nothing
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 up
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 fall
roll to catch self 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Knowing it useless to try talking at this point, Thea walks over to the rigging, still staggering a bit. I don't know if it's what all I drank last night or if they used a normal sized pirates dose taggit, but I swear the ship still feels like it is spinning.

After one failed start, Thea manages to make some upward progress, but then stalls a bit before she manages to climb a little bit further before she finally looses her grip on the rigging and falls to the deck with a little thud.

damage from fall 1d6 ⇒ 2


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Marn - "There's always one. Mr. Plugg says with a sneer. "Master Scourge!"

Master, scourge lets loose with his whip delivering a blow.

Non-lethal damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

"Get a move on ye lubber, we tell you what we expect on this boat. He yell's.


Male Dwarf Alchemist (Grenadier) 2 HP: 14/14 AC: 15 FF:13 T:12 F:+4 R: +5 W:+1 Init:+2 Perc: +5

Marn grinds his teeth at the lash but doesn't move an inch. Soon it would be just another scar. To be honest, it hurt less than the nail through his hand a few years ago. "I'm not falling down a ladder for your entertainment." His voice was relatively calm though clearly seething underneath. "Give me a job and I'll do it, but I won't climb those ropes."

Yes, he's stubborn to a fault and already plotting on how to take his vengeance


Female Human (Adopted Halfling) Cleric / 1 // Rogue / 1 -- HP 13/13, NLHP 0/8, AC 16, Touch 13, Flat 13, F +2, R +4, W +6 / Init +2, Perc +3

Getting back up to her feet after falling from the rigging, Almathea slowly gets back up on her feet as the dwarf is whipped for his refusal. Eying the mate with the whip warily, Thea remarks: "I don't think dwarves are known for the climbing ability. He'd likely end up with a broken neck if he tried and then you'd be down another hand." Let's see if playing on how shorthanded they are gets him any slack.


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Almathea you hear someone from the crowd make a harrumph sound.

"What do you know bout bein a dwarf. I climb just fine" You see a surly dwarf standing amongst the pirates, he has long white hair and a bear. What's evident about him is his long angular nose.

"But ye can't swim worth a damn Narwhal, even with that rudder on yer face!" Another pirate barks to some laughter.

lol Marn, I wouldn't have it any other way :)

Marn - Master Scourge lets loose with another lash from his whip with a growl of anger at your defiance.

Non-lethal damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 Oh ouch!

The hard blow hits you in the head and you fall unconscious to the deck.


Female Human (Adopted Halfling) Cleric / 1 // Rogue / 1 -- HP 13/13, NLHP 0/8, AC 16, Touch 13, Flat 13, F +2, R +4, W +6 / Init +2, Perc +3

Poor little Almathea's down already. :)


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Aldon:

Although you hadn't spent much time in port peril before you went to the bar you did happen to hear some pirates talk about the wormwood and Barnabas Harrigan a few days ago. They seemed surprised to see it in the harbour.

What you can gather from what you remember is that he's a pirate free captain of the shackles and apparently a good one, or he had been, there are rumours that he'd lost his fortune and his crew not too long ago. As to how you don't know.


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Almathea don't worry the whip was for Marn not you.

I also forgot to mention that before you start climbing you aren't sickened any more.


Female Human (Adopted Halfling) Cleric / 1 // Rogue / 1 -- HP 13/13, NLHP 0/8, AC 16, Touch 13, Flat 13, F +2, R +4, W +6 / Init +2, Perc +3

Ah, good to not be unconscious then. As for the sickened part Thea was just blaming her hangover for her poor climbing ability. :)


Male Undine Oracle 2 (Dual-Cursed Oracle), HP 20/20, NL-HP 0/20, AC 15, Touch 11, Flat-Footed 14, F +2, R +1, W +5, Init +1, Perc +3

As they approach the man in the hold, Avakor looks upon the tar and feathered man his pity. What could this man have done to deserve such treatment. It'd likely not take much on this vessel.

He shields his eyes from the glare as they come up the hatch onto the main deck, pausing for a moment in the startling light, and earning a not so gentle nudge from the thu... errr... pirate behind him. He stumbles slightly, the motion drawing a twinge of pain from his right calf.

As he surveys his surroundings, he can't help but let a smile creep across his face. Out to sea again... I love this feeling.

Profession(sailor) Check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Not too far out. We're still within sight of land. I could easily make it back, but.. He looks at the others pressed with him and the crew around. No, I'd be shot to death before I could make it to the water, or at least beaten senseless. Besides, I cannot leave these others here to this fate.

Avakor notes the faces of the Captain, the first mate, and the boatswain. In so doing, he makes a mental note, Don't talk to the Captain. Right. Sounds like sound advice here. He gulps.

After Plugg makes the speech about the rigging, he looks up to the top of the main mast and sighs. His shoulders slump as he walks towards the mast, "Not exactly the ideal job for a chef."

As he approaches the rigging, a though crosses his mind. I doubt I can make it far, but I'd rather face that whip than fall from such a height.

He pauses for a moment, focusing inward on the energy within himself, a pulsating rhythm, sounding so much like the song of a whale set to the beating of the seat of life, a heart. He says something to himself, intoning it softly, and making a quick gesture.

In Aquan:

"Song of life, dance of the heart, guide my hands and mind."

Spellcraft DC 15:

Avakor is attempting to cast Guidance upon himself. Yay! No need for material components!

Assuming that he is able to get his spell off:

If needed:

Concentration Check:

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Avakor grabs ahold of the rigging and makes a valiant attempt at looking like a complete failure in the rigging.

Assuming that he isn't able to get his spell off:

Avakor cries out in pain from the lash and staggers momentarily. He pauses to get his bearings about him before grabbing ahold of the rigging and making a valiant attempt at looking like a complete failure in the rigging.

Bluff Check:

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 +1 for the Guidance spell

Not a bad attempt if I do say so myself... I hope. Avakor fights to keep the anxiety of the inevitable lashing to himself.


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Avakor I'm not exactly sure what you tried to do here, did you try and cast guidance on yourself to bolster your bluff?


Male Undine Oracle 2 (Dual-Cursed Oracle), HP 20/20, NL-HP 0/20, AC 15, Touch 11, Flat-Footed 14, F +2, R +1, W +5, Init +1, Perc +3

Yes. I was under the impression that I didn't need to pick what check before casting. I just reread the spell, so yeah, that's what I wanted to augment, my Bluff check. Sorry about that. I've... hmm... never cast that spell before and made a bad assumption. My bad.

Also, was I not clear enough in the description? I was trying to be flowery about it, but I noticed after rereading it, that I didn't really declare the casting itself.


Male Elf Inquisitor 1 / HP -1/9, NLD 0, AC 16, Touch 13, Flat 13, F +2, R +3, W +5 / Init +3, Perc +10

Perception Check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Knowledge(nature) Check: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8
Intelligence Check: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17
Profession (sailor) Check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Sorry for my long absence there! I've been super busy at work and had the first chance right now to sit down to my computer!

Alrighty then, says Lex to himself, best get climbing. If a pressgang is what Besmara charted for me, then why disagree? Lex chuckles softly to himself must be the blasted taggit, I usually would. He grabs his stomach, but sets his teeth to climbing.

Climb Check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 Lex grabs the rope, but his hands still damp from his waterlogged clothes, slips off almost instantly.
Climb Check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13 Progress 1/8
Climb Check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13 Progress 2/8 (15 ft)
Climb Check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11 Progress 3/8
Climb Check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 Damn, just can't get my holding right here.
Climb Check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21 Progress 4/8 Lex smiles, halfway to the crow's nest. (30 ft)
Climb Check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17 Progress 5/8
Climb Check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17 Progress 6/8 (45 ft)
Climb Check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 Can't continue...
Climb Check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 Lex loses hold!
Reflex Save! 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 Fail. Lex falls for 4d6 ⇒ (4, 5, 3, 6) = 18 damage.
(or is a fall from 45 ft 5d6? here's that damage roll then 5d6 ⇒ (2, 1, 2, 2, 6) = 13 Either way, Lex falls unconscious and is dying. At either -9 or -4 HP

On his way down, Lex prays aloud, Besmara, spare me!


Gunslinger 1, HP 10/10, NL-HP 0/10, AC 17, T 14, F13, F +2, R +6, W +2 Init +4, Perc +6

Ouch Lex!


Female Human (Adopted Halfling) Cleric / 1 // Rogue / 1 -- HP 13/13, NLHP 0/8, AC 16, Touch 13, Flat 13, F +2, R +4, W +6 / Init +2, Perc +3

Thea visibly winces as the poor fellow's body hits the deck with a loud thud. It is becoming rather easy to see why this boat is so short handed.

Thea leans over Lex's body as she checks to see if he is still breathing. Using her body to hide a slight hand movement she quietly prays for a small healing.

Untrained Stealth 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
clw 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
the descriptor for the spell is V/S


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Okay it seems each of you has attempted to climb or attempted to avoid climbing so we can continue

Sense motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

While the others climb, your attempt to bluff your way out of it goes noticed and unappreciated by Mr. Plugg Avakor.

"Master Scourge!" Mr. Plugg points at Avakor, "Three fer that one!

"My pleasure!" Master Scourge says with a smile.

He lays into you with three lashes.

1d3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
1d3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
1d3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Avakor you take 13 Non lethal Damage.


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Almathea Before you are able to act to heal Lex Mr. Plugg notices that Aldon has made it to the top. "looks like we have a new rigger! You'll report to me for your job"

He then yells to one of the newer looking recruits whom you don't know.

"Sandara get These landlubbers ship shape, I need em up and at it, and stop that one from dying." He points at lex.

You see a red headed woman, very attractive, with black leather pants, a billowy white shirt and a black tricorn run from the group of other new recruits to Lex's side.

You both make it there at the same time.

Perception Check DC 10 - Almathea only:

You notice she has an Ebony Holy Symbol in hand and it appears to be one dedicated to Besmara, a small skull and crossbones on a chain. The taller red headed woman winks at you.

"Don't worry lass I'll get yer friends back on their feet" She whispers as you both kneel down beside Lex.

She seems to concentrate gripping her small symbol of Besmara and closing her eyes tightly and mumbling to herself

2d6 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6 + 2d6 ⇒ (6, 1) = 7 + 2d6 ⇒ (6, 2) = 8 You all feel a rush of energy and are healed for 21 points of damage.

Aldon - Mr. Plugg orders you down from the rigging. When you get their the other's are coming too and seem to be non the worse for having fallen.

The red headed woman moves back into the crowd of pirates.

Okay then, which one of you can cook Mr. Plugg says....

Hope this post is okay, it was a bit rushed. I need to run to work...right now. I'll check in later


Gunslinger 1, HP 10/10, NL-HP 0/10, AC 17, T 14, F13, F +2, R +6, W +2 Init +4, Perc +6

Aldon grabs on to one of the riggins and zip lines down to the deck. He notices the other press ganged crew members that were forced into climbing the rigging are all in bad shape.

This is slavery! A vow to end this once I get the oppertunity!


Male Undine Oracle 2 (Dual-Cursed Oracle), HP 20/20, NL-HP 0/20, AC 15, Touch 11, Flat-Footed 14, F +2, R +1, W +5, Init +1, Perc +3

Avakor falls from his place in the bottom of the rigging at the first lash, crying out increasingly loudly with each lash. As he picks himself up from the deck, his vision swims from the pain. He can barely stand, his legs feeling weak. In his mind, he can see the bright crimson lines etched across his back. He closes his eyes, focusing inward again, largely ignoring the talk going on on deck.

Suddenly, the healing warmth washes over him and breaks his focus. He looks up to see the woman holding her holy symbol and feels the next wave of warmth wash over himself. He smiles a moment and steadies himself, trying to shake the lingering weakness from his legs and arms. After the last wave washes over him, he walks over to join the rest in front of the first mate and boatswain.

When Mr. Plugg asks for a cook, Avakor steps forward, half-way holding up a hand. "I can, sir. Been preparing food for ships for years now."

A job I can handle. Hopefully it'll give me the time I need to get a better handle on this place. It's far more brutal than any of the other boats I've ever been on. His back itches in the places he was struck at that last thought.


Male Elf Inquisitor 1 / HP -1/9, NLD 0, AC 16, Touch 13, Flat 13, F +2, R +3, W +5 / Init +3, Perc +10

Only a second, in Lex's mind, after he hit the ground, he feels a wave of warmth crash on his body and opens his eyes. Not a scratch from that 45 ft fall! Lex sits up and smiles at the women kneeling around him.

Thank you, I believe, if I'm not much mistaken, I owe ye my life. The name's Lex Sequitur. At the attractive red-head holding Besmara's holy symbol, he smiles, I'm one of Besmara's faithful as well, an inquisitor. Seeing the others gathering near the first mate and boatswain, Lex starts making his way over, but not before bowing to the ladies and saying, I hope to speak with ye again, miladies, and have a proper introduction.

When Mr. Plugg asks if he can cook, and hears the undine say he can, Lex sighs in relief. It's one thing to cook for yourself meat that you've hunted yourself over a fire you've made yourself, but somehow, Lex didn't think that satisfaction would pass to a hungry, tired crew of rough and tumble pirates. He was also thankful that Mr. Plugg had, apparently, found his rigger, and would not need to risk death again on the ropes. Awaiting Mr. Plugg, Lex takes a deep breath and makes his face impassive, stowing the cheerfulness of two pirate ladies both rushing to his aid. He somehow thought Mr. Plugg and the man with the whip would mistake his gratitude to the ladies sent by the Pirate Queen for not taking the obviously well-used whip seriously.

Sense motive to gauge Mr. Plugg's attitude toward Lex:
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11


Male Dwarf Alchemist (Grenadier) 2 HP: 14/14 AC: 15 FF:13 T:12 F:+4 R: +5 W:+1 Init:+2 Perc: +5

The moment he comes to Marn grumbles. He'll get them for this. By the time he's done with them they'll be throwing up their innards.

For a moment Marn though to come forth as a cook, even though he was an absolute disaster at anything by Dwarven cuisine, which didn't amount to much. Cooking would give him a great opportunity for revenge. But then the undine volunteers and Marn decides to leave it at that. There were other ways to get back at them.


Female Human (Adopted Halfling) Cleric / 1 // Rogue / 1 -- HP 13/13, NLHP 0/8, AC 16, Touch 13, Flat 13, F +2, R +4, W +6 / Init +2, Perc +3

Well now, a fellow cleric. Wonder how she ended up on this ship. Giving Lex a smile, Thea stands up and steps back a bit to give him room to get to his feet. He seems like quite a polite fellow, hopefully he can manage to not come so close to dieing again. I've no idea how much effort they're willing to spend keeping us healed up if we keep failing their little tests. She follows the group and ends up trying to stand on tiptoe trying to see the person talking now.


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Lex:
You are unable to tell much about Mr. Pluggs feelings towards you in particular but you detect that he has a healthy disdain for all of you and probably most people.

"Hmm the fish thinks he can cook, well if he can't I'm sure Fishguts can always use more fish meat in his stew. Maheem take this one down to Fishguts." Mr. Plugg points to Avakor.

"As for the rest of you ye'll be swabs and report to Master Scourge here." He says to the rest of you. Pointing at Aldon he says. "Your with me."

"And the rest of ye get back to work, the show's over fer now!" He yells at the rest of the crew.

Master Scourge steps in front of Almathea, Marn and Lex and he coils his whip up into a tight circle.

He says Fer yer first day ye'll be swabing this deck from bow to stern. Buckets and mops are over there and holystones as well You see a collection of mops and buckets with water as well as sandstones which appear to be used to scrub the deck.

"Well what are ye waiting for, get a move on! He barks.

Mr. Plugg walks swiftly along the deck talking to Aldon, "You look as though you've spent some time at sea so I won't spend much time explaining how the sails work, your job is to work the lines today, raising and lowering the sails. Get to it"

With that he walks off leaving Aldon standing next to the rigging.

Important Info about the AP:

So in this AP it may be apparent by now but the pirates seem to expect you to work for them. You have each been assigned a job, and every day you will be assigned a new one...unless you mutiny today.

In anycase, what happens is you are assigned a job and you must tell me how you want to work at the job that day or if you want to do something else.

I will be adding a resource on the Campaign information page that will outline in one section the description of the Job, in another section your options for working at the job.

The idea behind the structured actions is to make sure one character doesn't decide to explore the entire ship in one day and talk to the entire crew. And also to represent the structured life of being on a ship at sea.

That means you get one day time action, one evening action and up to two night actions, if you choose to take them, although your chance of getting exhausted increases for each Night action.

What would be convenient for me, when posting your day to day activities is if you followed the "guidelines for day to day action" section.

This system may seem restrictive but I think it's the best way to move this campaign forward. If we all choose our day actions, then I post, then you choose your night action, then I post, it increases the time spent on day to day activities a great deal, rather if you post what your desired plan is for the entire day initially that means we can move the story along a bit faster and still allow each person the opportunity to impact the story.

Please note that if something happens in the first half of the day and you then decide to make a different evening action you are welcome to let me know.

One other thing, Rum rations, every evening, before your evening and night time actions, pirates are required to drink a rum ration, its meant to keep the crew docile, it increases your charisma but it fatigues your character, if you are already fatigued from failing certain work rolls you become exhausted and that will also impact your evening rolls if you choose to drink the rum. If you choose not to drink the rum then you must make a stealth check to dispose of it un-noticed.

Another long post with tons of information, Questions or thoughts? Let me know in the discussion thread.

The jobs for Day 1 were as follows:

Swabs, Almathea, Marn and Lex must Swab the decks. Aldon must Work the lines. Avakor, I'll get to your job in the next post.

Please see the daily work assignments section for the appropriate rolls needed to succeed at your job and the daily actions for how you can go about influencing the ship or succeeding at your task.


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Avakor:

A tall Mwangi man with dark skin a scowl and long dreadlocks walks up to you and motions for you to follow him below deck.

You follow him back down the stairs, passed the cages in the cargo hold and into the galley.

He stops there. "Fishgut's new help, maybe you'll be able to make something tasty out of this one."

The Mwangi man turns and leaves you standing in the doorway of the galley by yourself.

The galley is filled with pots and pans, cutting blocks and any number of cooking implement. Several Chickens peck at the floor. Empty Alcohol bottles litter the tables. There are two doors, one across the room from you with a lock on leading to a room it which would be at the very stern of the ship and another door to your right.

A rather fat man stands stirring a pot of...something. He has a chefs hat and apron on, both of which have seen much better days, and neither have been washed in a long time. He has large brown side burns coming out from his hat, a wide mouth, with several teeth missing. He appears to be a human in his late forties.

A peculiar rooster sits on his shoulder.

"So they think I need a cooks mate do they? Well I guess I could use the help. Start by cutting up those fish over there. And don't you think of adding one of my chickens into the pot! Name's Ambrose, Ambrose Kroop, just call me Fishguts or Kroop your choice, I don't care."

Although he seems rough he doesn't seem to be a mean man.

Today you will be cooking with Fishguts, He'll do most of the cooking so you don't have to. See the "cooking" section in work assignment section on the campaign page for details and the daily actions section for options as to how you can work or what you can do.


Male Elf Inquisitor 1 / HP -1/9, NLD 0, AC 16, Touch 13, Flat 13, F +2, R +3, W +5 / Init +3, Perc +10

GM:
Who is Nathan on the crew list?

Day 1: Daytime: Work Diligently
Swab the Decks: Strength check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Rum Ration: Drink
Charisma Bonus: 1d4 ⇒ 4
Fatigued: 1d8 ⇒ 8 hours
Fort Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Day 1: Nighttime: Entertain
Feeling extremely raucous and tipsy from the rum, Lex decides to sing an old sea chanty for the crew's amusement.

Perform (sing) Completely untrained I might add ;-): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

How does recovering from fatigue work if one does not choose the "sleep" action?


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Each PC can normally take two ship actions each day, one during the day and one at night. A PC can also attempt to take up to two additional ship actions during the middle watch in the dead of night (any nighttime ship action marked with an asterisk), but to do so the PC must make a successful Constitution check (DC 10, +4 per extra ship action taken) or be fatigued for the next day.


So if you sleep after two action, 1 day, 1 night (or evening as I call it) you will sleep your eight hours and recover fully. But if you do one or two night time actions the chance exists to not only become fatigued or remain fatigued if you were from the day, but also if you fail a Con Check at night you may become exhausted for the next day which will hamper you for the next day and all your rolls.

Does that help?


Male Elf Inquisitor 1 / HP -1/9, NLD 0, AC 16, Touch 13, Flat 13, F +2, R +3, W +5 / Init +3, Perc +10

Yeah, I was just wondering why anyone would choose the Sleep action if you can take 1 nighttime action and still recover fully. Also, what kind of gambling can you do? And did the pirates leave any of my pocket money alone when they kidnapped me?


Female Human (Adopted Halfling) Cleric / 1 // Rogue / 1 -- HP 13/13, NLHP 0/8, AC 16, Touch 13, Flat 13, F +2, R +4, W +6 / Init +2, Perc +3

Day one actions:
work diligently
str check 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Almathea rolls up her sleeves and gets to work. May as well do what's expected today. Maybe I can a chance to explore another day when we aren't watched so closely.

Keeping an eye out for Master Scourge, Thea talks quietly to her fellow deck swabbers. "My name's Almathea. Too bad we aren't meeting under better circumstances."

Night time actions:

Almathea drinks down her rum ration, hoping it will help her forget the ache in arms and legs so that she can get some sleep.

rum effects 1d4 ⇒ 1
fort save 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

My that's some strong rum they've got on this ship. If their allowed to pick out their own hammocks, Thea tries to pick one near her fellow shanghaied crewmates or at least near the least threatening looking of the pirates.

her action will be sleep


Bard 1, HP 8/9, NL-HP 0/9, AC 12, Touch 12, Flat 12, F +1, R +4, W +2 Init +2, Perc +4

Sleep comes in very handy if you fail a con Check at work and then drink rum. At present your money has all been taken from you. Gambling options are as follows:


  • Arm Wrestling - Pretty standard
  • Hog Lob - A game of tossing a greased up ingot of lead covered in pig skin :)
  • Heave - A dangerous drinking game

Oh and Nathan on the crew list was someone else playing in a S&S campaign, when I linked all the data the first time it linked to that crew list for that campaign, should be the right one now. I think you just got to it before I could change the link :)


Male Elf Inquisitor 1 / HP -1/9, NLD 0, AC 16, Touch 13, Flat 13, F +2, R +3, W +5 / Init +3, Perc +10

As Lex is scrubbing the deck, Lex overhears Almathea. He responds, also quietly, when both are getting more holystones. Nice to meet ye, Almathea. He taps the wrist under his right sleeve. He spoke in little more than a whisper. I managed to keep my dagger, so should ye require protection, ye have my blade. Lex adjusts his sleeve again, and speaks more a little more loudly.

Do ye know who that other woman is? The one with the Pirate Queen's symbol? I wish to tell her the same.

If Lex and the woman who healed him should cross paths while working diligently, he will stop for a moment to tell her the same.


Male Dwarf Alchemist (Grenadier) 2 HP: 14/14 AC: 15 FF:13 T:12 F:+4 R: +5 W:+1 Init:+2 Perc: +5

Day 1
Work diligently
Str check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Marn flashes the woman a quick smile, "My name is Marn. Thank you for trying earlier. Now if those idiots don't start lashing me again I can actually patch you up if need be. Worked as a ship's surgeon for longer than some of these fools have lived, and I still have my kit."

Rum 1d4 ⇒ 2
Fort Save 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Evening
Influence?

That evening Marn went the ship talking to other members of the crew in order to figure out who on this ship was responsible for stitching people up and making ship repairs.

Diplomacy I guess 1d20 ⇒ 1

Night
Sleep


Male Undine Oracle 2 (Dual-Cursed Oracle), HP 20/20, NL-HP 0/20, AC 15, Touch 11, Flat-Footed 14, F +2, R +1, W +5, Init +1, Perc +3

Daytime with the Cook:


Day One - Daytime
Action: Influence (Ambrose Kroop)
Diplomacy Check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

"Long as you aren't looking to add me to the pot, I'll be sure to consider your chickens part of the crew rather than food for it." Avakor smiles to the cook as he grabs the first knife he can find and behinds to prepare the fish for cooking.

"My name's Avakor Maekridiz, but call me whatever you want, Fishguts. He pauses a moment. I do wonder though, Fishguts, how you came about that name? It makes me worry a bit for my own health." Again, he grins, a merry note to his voice.


Day One - Nighttime
Rum: Drink it!
Charisma Bonus: 1d4 ⇒ 3
Fatigue Duration: 1d8 ⇒ 5
Action: Influence (Guy in the Hold)
Diplomacy Check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 Doesn't include the rum bonus.
Note: In addition to trying to influence that man, if he'll let me get close enough, I'd like to see if there's anything I can do about the tar and feathers. I'll roll a Heal check just in case.
Heal Check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

After eating the meal that he helped Fishguts cook and downing the nightly rum ration, Avakor unsteadily heads into the hold just below the main deck, walking towards the tarred and feathered man.

Sir, I saw your... wounds... when I was coming up on deck for the first time. Do they still pain you? I could take a look at them for you. My name's Avakor Maekridiz. He offers a hand in greeting to the man.

1 to 50 of 519 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Black Sails on the Horizon - Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.