Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Beneath The Snow

Game Master Orannis

Five adventurers brave the cold land of Irrisen to investigate a mysterious cave supposedly comprised entirely of adamantine.


301 to 350 of 355 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Andoran

Male Ratfolk Bard 1: AC 17, FF 15, touch 13; HP 10/10; Init +4; Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +2; Perception +5 SM +3

I believe its the opposite of south...might be not so opposite but a little to the opposite of south and a little to the west I think, at least that's what the wise elf pointed Mr Leaf.


Persistant Conditions: No ambient light, Uneven Floor (group 2 only) Current Map Loot Sheet

The map seemed to indicate that they would be traveling up into the mountains. They had crossed through the forest at the foothills and were now far enough up that the trees were very sparse. On this side of the river there was no path, but the map seemed to indicate that they simply needed to follow the face of the mountain until they found a switchback that would take them higher.

Perception, DC 10:

There are strange multicolored lights in bands across the sky. You didn't notice them earlier before you reached the bridge. Maybe because it was earlier in the day.

Perception, DC 15:

The wind that had been whipping at the mouth of the woods was gone here. This area is very still and peaceful.

Perception DC 20:
Twilight has come quickly. It's still bright enough from the snow reflection and the bright full moon to see clearly, but not for very far. Already, the forest on the other side of the river has disappeared from view.

Survival DC 14:
Now that you are above any wind breaks, there should be lots of it. Also, it doesn't seem like it has been enough time for it to get this dark.

Knowledge Arcana DC 16:
Stories of Bridge Trolls do not usually concern trolls as they are commonly known. Instead, they refer to a type of fae creature that has more in common with a hill giant or ogre than with trolls.

It was twilight now. They were moving away from the last of the light. In the distance the horizon showed them a line of raised shapes looking something like long blunted teeth coming out of the ground.


Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

You know, sometimes the dice roller is crappy.


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1: AC 18, FF 16, touch 12; HP 28/28; Init +8; Fort +5, Ref+2, Will +1; Perception +5, SM +1

Survival: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Male Aasimar (Angelkin) Monk (Ki Mystic/Weapon Adept) 1: AC 17, FF 13, Touch 17; HP 1/11; Init +3; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +5; Perception +7 SM +9

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26 Finally a little love.

"I've spent my entire life in the mountains, and even though it was mostly in monastic seclusion, I think this place strange and uncanny. Have any of you noticed the strange lights in the sky? Or the absence of wind when it should be? Also, the light fades too quickly, I believe."

Haaken pauses, motioning to the forest and the sky.

"I think we should be on our guard. What say the rest of you?"

Andoran

Male Ratfolk Bard 1: AC 17, FF 15, touch 13; HP 10/10; Init +4; Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +2; Perception +5 SM +3

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Survival: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5
Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (7) + 0 = 7


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1: AC 18, FF 16, touch 12; HP 28/28; Init +8; Fort +5, Ref+2, Will +1; Perception +5, SM +1

Thorgar exhales in dark amusement,

"I always think we should be on our guard, but we're in Irrisen now, this is a land of magic, blood, and snow. We'd best use what light we have to make for our goal, I'll keep my blade drawn."


Persistant Conditions: No ambient light, Uneven Floor (group 2 only) Current Map Loot Sheet

They trudged on through the crunching snow looking for the pass.

Twilight never passed. The moon was still full in the sky and the swirling pink and blue aurora drifted lazily. There were no tracks on the ground anywhere. No hint that anything had moved since the snow had fallen. It was as though they were alone on some empty alien world.

The "teeth" slowly rose in the distance as they walked, becoming clearer and larger. They were standing stones. Some kind of henge. A ring.

Once they got close enough the could see that there was no snow inside the circle. Only thick, lush clover.


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1: AC 18, FF 16, touch 12; HP 28/28; Init +8; Fort +5, Ref+2, Will +1; Perception +5, SM +1

Thorgar scowls at the stones,

"I don't like the looks of these stones. Perhaps they have something to do with the unnatural twilight and the lights? Looks like they are a gateway to the fey world to me."

How large are the stones. Are we talking Stonehenge size? Thorgar smash?

Andoran

Male Ratfolk Bard 1: AC 17, FF 15, touch 13; HP 10/10; Init +4; Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +2; Perception +5 SM +3

Do you think it's warm inside? Reminds me of home. Furry paws...

Thordan ran forward abruptly towards the lush green circle.


"Stop!" Raven yells. "We don't know what they are!"

Andoran

Male Ratfolk Bard 1: AC 17, FF 15, touch 13; HP 10/10; Init +4; Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +2; Perception +5 SM +3

However it's too late as Thordan landed in the middle of the green circle.


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1: AC 18, FF 16, touch 12; HP 28/28; Init +8; Fort +5, Ref+2, Will +1; Perception +5, SM +1

"Addled rodent!" Thorgar snarls rushing to the edge of the circle and glowering after Thordan.

"This cannot end well..."


Male Aasimar (Angelkin) Monk (Ki Mystic/Weapon Adept) 1: AC 17, FF 13, Touch 17; HP 1/11; Init +3; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +5; Perception +7 SM +9

Haaken's brow draws together in concern, as he quickly closes the distance to the edge of the circle. Hands on his staff, he begins to examine the ring, walking cautiously around the stones clockwise.


Persistant Conditions: No ambient light, Uneven Floor (group 2 only) Current Map Loot Sheet

GM Rolls:
[dice]2d20[/die]

Thorgar, the stones are quite large. 8-12 feet tall and 3-5 feet wide at the base. No horizontal stones across the top. Only ones standing vertical.

After a tense, anticlimactic moment, nothing much happens.

Thordan:
The clover is thick and soft. Practically plush. It's warm inside the ring. The stones have faint symbols etched on them facing inward.

Andoran

Male Ratfolk Bard 1: AC 17, FF 15, touch 13; HP 10/10; Init +4; Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +2; Perception +5 SM +3

Ahhhh...feels great Thorgi!!!

Thordan lie flat on his back movind all 4 of his limbs up and down brushing across the warm lush grass as if he is swimming in it.


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1: AC 18, FF 16, touch 12; HP 28/28; Init +8; Fort +5, Ref+2, Will +1; Perception +5, SM +1

"I don't like it mouse, this is a hard land, if it offers you something soft there's a hidden bard like as not," Thorgar grumbles, stepping into the ring with his blades held before him and maliciously trampling clover to vent his worry.

"Would it be so foolish to camp here? Part of me thinks it would, but then I'd feel a bigger fool if we camped in the snow and this place proved safe. Perhaps we ought to stay here with watches tonight and put some distance between us as this strangeness tomorrow?"


"Does anyone have a means to see if there is any magic about?"

Andoran

Male Ratfolk Bard 1: AC 17, FF 15, touch 13; HP 10/10; Init +4; Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +2; Perception +5 SM +3

Ohhhh me me me!!! Prancelin taught me this.

Thordan shut his eyes shut real tight as he twitched his whiskers squeaking.

Cast Detect Magic


Persistant Conditions: No ambient light, Uneven Floor (group 2 only) Current Map Loot Sheet

Thordan:
The stones are all exhibiting minor magic.

Thordan, Spellcraft DC 13:
It is Abjuration, something akin to an Endure Elements spell.

Andoran

Male Ratfolk Bard 1: AC 17, FF 15, touch 13; HP 10/10; Init +4; Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +2; Perception +5 SM +3

spellcraft: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14

Woot

It looks like its a spell very close to something Prancelin taught me when he mentioned about survival tactics. It seems to endure elements these stones...intresting!! Can i take home one??

Thordan looks at the stone inquisitively trying to budge it to put it in his backpack like his ratfolk tinkering nature.


Persistant Conditions: No ambient light, Uneven Floor (group 2 only) Current Map Loot Sheet

The stone is 8 feet tall, about 3.5 feet at the base and probably weighs 4000 pounds.

Andoran

Male Ratfolk Bard 1: AC 17, FF 15, touch 13; HP 10/10; Init +4; Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +2; Perception +5 SM +3

Thogri!! Can you help me break this rock?? i would like a piece for fiona!!

After huffing and puffing Thordan gave up sitting panting on he grass.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

He noticed a small pebble and decided that a pebble in this area is bound to have rubbed off some of the magical effects and put it in his backpack with a satisfied grin.


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1: AC 18, FF 16, touch 12; HP 28/28; Init +8; Fort +5, Ref+2, Will +1; Perception +5, SM +1

"Well I suppose that seems harmless enough, we sleep here then, Thorgar says, giving the sky a beseeching look, give me strength. He sets up his bedroll and hones his sword for a while,

"This swift twilight is throwing me off, what time is it truly can anyone guess? Perhaps we should simply take advantage of these stones while we have a chance and head for our destination in the morning light, if it does not go awry to."


Persistant Conditions: No ambient light, Uneven Floor (group 2 only) Current Map Loot Sheet

The warmth inside the circle and the softness of the clover was a much needed repast from the harshness of the journey so far. They did not even need to light a fire.

Sitting inside the circle looking out onto the frozen landscape was a strange sensation.


Persistant Conditions: No ambient light, Uneven Floor (group 2 only) Current Map Loot Sheet

That night twilight never ended. Every watch passed in a frozen moment just before the fall of night. The aurora danced overhead painting the white canvas of the landscape in mirrored blues and pinks. No animals cried. No birds flew. It was serene.

It was hard to judge the passage of time. The moon did not rise or set so much as it just made a loop about the sky. Eventually everyone awoke rested and refreshed.


Persistant Conditions: No ambient light, Uneven Floor (group 2 only) Current Map Loot Sheet

"Wot's all this then?" a heavily accented voice said.

Approaching the ring of stones was a group of six armed and armored humanoids carrying shields and spears. They looked like goblins but they were nearly the size of orcs. Their armor was trimmed in thick furs and they wore white cloaks that blended into their surroundings well.

How they got so close without being noticed was anyone's guess. They didn't look particularly stealthy.

One of the two in front made a 'tisk'ing sound with his wide, toothy mouth. "Outsiders. In our ring. That just won't do, Rem."

"Naw, it sure wont, Seke." he partner said with obviously false sincerity. "Think we should thrash, 'em?"

"Yeah. Lets."

GM dice:
5d20 ⇒ (7, 13, 10, 8, 20) = 58

No one is flat footed during the Surprise Round. The enemy is armed with shields, spears, spiked armor and javelins.

Initiative

Raven and Haaken
bad guys
Thordan/gar

Raven, Haaken, you may both take a standard action before the bad guys act.

Map


Male Aasimar (Angelkin) Monk (Ki Mystic/Weapon Adept) 1: AC 17, FF 13, Touch 17; HP 1/11; Init +3; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +5; Perception +7 SM +9

Drawing his sword Haaken centers himself at the threshold of two of the monoliths, "It would seem we have visitors. Shall we greet them?"

Readied Action: Full Attack on any opponent entering a square Haaken threatens.


Raven draws her bow.

"Why yes, of course! It would be rude of us to keep them waiting." she says to Haaken.

Ready action: If they reach the outer edge of the stones she will fire but before they are in melee range.


Persistant Conditions: No ambient light, Uneven Floor (group 2 only) Current Map Loot Sheet

Unexpectedly, the group of goblinoids fans out into a longer line and stomps forward a few steps brandishing their spears forward, joking with each other and taunting the four travelers.

"These blokes, they don't know what they're in for."

"Pantywaists. Look at that one. He's a bloomin' rat."

The two in the rear line launch nasty looking javelins.

Javelin Attack to Haaken: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Javelin Attack to Thorgar: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Profession Soldier or Knowledge History/Nobility DC 12:

They are using an archaic battle formation designed to destroy lightly armored skirmishers and/ disorganized militias. It was heavily used until the advent of cavelry. The formation relies on the unit being close together and guarding each other while focusing spear attacks on one target at a time.

Sense Motive DC 14:
They are waiting, trying to goad someone into approaching them.


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1: AC 18, FF 16, touch 12; HP 28/28; Init +8; Fort +5, Ref+2, Will +1; Perception +5, SM +1

Sense Motive: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18

"Grrrr that made me so angry I better just skewer myself on your spears," Thorgar sneers drawing his greatsword as he steps up to take cover behind the standing stone.

5ft. to Q14, move to draw sword.


Male Aasimar (Angelkin) Monk (Ki Mystic/Weapon Adept) 1: AC 17, FF 13, Touch 17; HP 1/11; Init +3; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +5; Perception +7 SM +9

The javelin sailed towards the monk's head with deadly purpose, missing it's purchase when Haaken casually flicked his head to one side, as if to toss a rogue hair back into place.

"I see you come bearing gifts. Please present them!", Haaken's voice rang.
Haaken readies his action as before

Andoran

Male Ratfolk Bard 1: AC 17, FF 15, touch 13; HP 10/10; Init +4; Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +2; Perception +5 SM +3

Thordan wiggles his furry backside at the intruders.

Does this look blooming to ya you mashed up green slimy face midgets!!

He then started singing and dancing to a tune that is rather comedic.

Perform Bardic Performance Will Save DC14
Fascinate (Su): At 1st level, a bard can use his performance to cause one or more creatures to become fascinated with him. Each creature to be fascinated must be within 90 feet, able to see and hear the bard, and capable of paying attention to him. The bard must also be able to see the creatures affected. The Distraction of a nearby combat or other dangers prevents the ability from working. For every three levels a bard has attained beyond 1st, he can target one additional creature with this ability.

Andoran

Male Ratfolk Bard 1: AC 17, FF 15, touch 13; HP 10/10; Init +4; Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +2; Perception +5 SM +3
Thordan Silentail The Neverfail wrote:

Thordan wiggles his furry backside at the intruders.

Does this look blooming to ya you mashed up green slimy face midgets!!

He then started singing and dancing to a tune that is rather comedic.

Perform Bardic Performance Will Save DC14
Fascinate (Su): At 1st level, a bard can use his performance to cause one or more creatures to become fascinated with him. Each creature to be fascinated must be within 90 feet, able to see and hear the bard, and capable of paying attention to him. The bard must also be able to see the creatures affected. The Distraction of a nearby combat or other dangers prevents the ability from working. For every three levels a bard has attained beyond 1st, he can target one additional creature with this ability.

Sorry, well inspire courage then. +2 competence bonus on MYSELF only.


Raven lets loose at one of the javelin throwers.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8


Persistant Conditions: No ambient light, Uneven Floor (group 2 only) Current Map Loot Sheet

Raven's arrow manages to find a way through the line of shields to slap into one of the two loudmouths. He grunts.

"Oof. They ain't as dumb as they look, Seke."

"Naw, they're dumber, Rem. When you throw things at the rat he starts singin'

The line of spears advanced to the edge of the ring, thrusting forward at Haaken and Thorgar. The pair in the back split up a bit to continue their barage of javelins at Raven and Thordan.

Thorgar:

B1 attacks Thorgar: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
B2 attacks Thorgar (cover penalty included in roll): 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 - 4 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Haaken:

B3 attacks Haaken: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
B4 attacks Haaken: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Raven:

Bs attacks Raven: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Thordan:

Br attacks Thordan: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

map


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1: AC 18, FF 16, touch 12; HP 28/28; Init +8; Fort +5, Ref+2, Will +1; Perception +5, SM +1

Thorgar looks down at his blood and back up at the goblin, the sound of his own heart beat thunders through his mind and in hsi minds eye black blood crawls across his fingers writhing and screaming. He steps forward, cracks his neck and swings, but catches the tip of his great blade against the standing stone sending sparks flying, but coming nowhere near his foe.

Greatsword Rage vs B1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9Damage: 2d6 + 11 ⇒ (3, 6) + 11 = 20

Andoran

Male Ratfolk Bard 1: AC 17, FF 15, touch 13; HP 10/10; Init +4; Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +2; Perception +5 SM +3

Bearing a rare look of seriousness on his face, Thordan prance and skip from stone to stone and strikes at the foe Thorgar just attacked.

Moved to P14 beside Thorgar

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Damage: 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Spoiler:

Bardic Performance: 7/7 Rounds


Male Aasimar (Angelkin) Monk (Ki Mystic/Weapon Adept) 1: AC 17, FF 13, Touch 17; HP 1/11; Init +3; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +5; Perception +7 SM +9

I know I'm a little out of turn here but...

As Haaken dances and weaves through the barrage of spear points his left arm sweeps forward, firing a dart at one of his attackers.

Attack at BR 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Damage 1d3 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Raven attacks the same one as before.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8

sigh


Persistant Conditions: No ambient light, Uneven Floor (group 2 only) Current Map Loot Sheet

Thordan's Acro check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
AoO against Thodan: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Thorgar's mighty swing goes wide, deflecting off of one of the massive stones with a spark. The rest of the group is more successful.

Thordan narrowly avoids the thrust of a spear as he slips in and slashes beneath a shield with his tiny scimitar, opening a gash on one of the goblinoid's ankles. It hops up and down comically for a moment and fixes the mouse-man with a murderous glare.

Haaken launches a dart that catches the loudmouthed goblinoid in the face unexpectedly. It's well trained reflexes brought it's shield up in time to deflect Raven's arrow.

"Bugger! That blighter spiked me in the face!"

His partner only laughed at his friend's misfortune, causing a contagious chuckle to spread through the rest of the squad, angering the wounded one further.

"Shut yer face, Seke! Boys, less laughin' more stabbin'!"

Thorgar:

B1 spear: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

B2 spear: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Thordan:

B1 shield bash: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Bs spear: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Bs crit confirm: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Thordan, even though that crit dropped you below 0, for some reason you are still conscious. Effectively you have the benefits of the Die Hard feat right now.

Haaken:

B3 spear: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

B4 spear: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Raven:

Br javelin: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


And with that hit of the javelin, Raven falls to the ground unconscious.

-5 HP.


Persistant Conditions: No ambient light, Uneven Floor (group 2 only) Current Map Loot Sheet

Raven:

You only black out for a brief instant, in spite of the pain. You feel kind of like you're dreaming. For the time being, you may act as though you had the Die Hard feat.


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1: AC 18, FF 16, touch 12; HP 28/28; Init +8; Fort +5, Ref+2, Will +1; Perception +5, SM +1

Thorgar steps forward lunging forward awkwardly trying to avoid the stones, bellowing in impotent fury.

Greatsword Power Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14Damage: 2d6 + 11 ⇒ (4, 1) + 11 = 16


Male Aasimar (Angelkin) Monk (Ki Mystic/Weapon Adept) 1: AC 17, FF 13, Touch 17; HP 1/11; Init +3; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +5; Perception +7 SM +9

Haaken twisted as the javelin reached towards his chest, spinning away from one, but unable to avoid the second. Haaken entwined it between his ribs and arm, recieving the force of the missile on his limb to protect the vital organs. A gush of blood signaling the hit.

Flowing with the force of the attack Haaken shifted closer to his opponent, his sword flashing out in a graceful strike.

Haaken is taking a full attack, using Flurry of Blows, I'll hold off on the second attack until I see the results of the first.

Temple Sword 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16, 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 @ B3


Persistant Conditions: No ambient light, Uneven Floor (group 2 only) Current Map Loot Sheet

Haaken, 16 doesn't quite beat their AC. That attack will miss.

Andoran

Male Ratfolk Bard 1: AC 17, FF 15, touch 13; HP 10/10; Init +4; Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +2; Perception +5 SM +3

Recieving the heavy attack Thordan feel unto the ground.

Furry Paws....Lady Fiona I am sorry....

In fear he takes a total defensive action.


Male Aasimar (Angelkin) Monk (Ki Mystic/Weapon Adept) 1: AC 17, FF 13, Touch 17; HP 1/11; Init +3; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +5; Perception +7 SM +9

Haaken follows his parried slash, with a backhanded swipe from his fist.

Fist1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 91d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Persistant Conditions: No ambient light, Uneven Floor (group 2 only) Current Map Loot Sheet

Map

Raven's Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6

With a grimace, Raven manages to slowly draw another arrow and fire again. The shaft glances off a shield and drives into the loudmouth in the back, who falls backward hard and lays on the ground for a moment before sitting up with a groan.

"Bugger me. Ow. Nice shot. Ow."

The rest of the group weren't so lucky against their well defended enemies, who countered back with shield slams and spear thrusts while the loudmouth called Rem picked himself up off the ground.

Thorgar:

B1 2WF Shield bash: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Then he 5' adjusts backwards between his two attacks
B1 2wf Spear: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Shield damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Spear damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

B2 2WF Shield bash: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14 Partial Cover from stone provides +4 AC bonus
Shield damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
His spear attack aims at Thordan, not you.

Bs Spear attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Spear damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

For this encounter you act as though you had the Diehard feat.

Thordan:

B2 2wf Spear Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Spear damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
His shield bash was aimed at Thorgar, not you

Haaken:

B3 Shield bash: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 Partial Cover from stone provides +4 AC bonus,
Shield damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

B4 2WF Spear Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Then he 5' adjusts towards you between attacks
B4 2WF Shield bash: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Spear damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Shield damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Raven:

You don't get attacked this round since you dropped the guy throwing javelins. Good job. He's standing back up now and looks about as hurt as you are.


Male Aasimar (Angelkin) Monk (Ki Mystic/Weapon Adept) 1: AC 17, FF 13, Touch 17; HP 1/11; Init +3; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +5; Perception +7 SM +9

Flurry of Blows/Perfect Strike @ B4

Temple Sword1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18, Damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
And assuming that doesn't drop him, Haaken will follow up with...
Unarmed Strike 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 Damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

I'll wait for the results to describe... or you can take the liberty to speed things up.

301 to 350 of 355 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Orannis' "Beneath The Snow" [Campaign Thread] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.