Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Beneath The Snow

Game Master Orannis

Five adventurers brave the cold land of Irrisen to investigate a mysterious cave supposedly comprised entirely of adamantine.


151 to 200 of 355 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

Persistant Conditions: No ambient light, Uneven Floor (group 2 only) Current Map Loot Sheet

Raven's Will Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

GM rolls: 2d20 ⇒ (9, 18) = 27

It was like vertigo. The world seemed to tip. Thorgar and Raven went to a knee and seemed to become lost in their own minds, staring blankly.

Thorgar, Raven:
You have forgotten everything about the last hour. The last thing you remember is going to bed. You are Dazed for one round.

Haakan and Thordan managed to focus through the odd sensation. They saw the glittering mass reform between them. It began to dance slowly and beautifully in front of them but they both remembered the last time they had watched the entity's hypnotic dance and tore their eyes away.

The distant bells rang a chaotic, frustrated din in Thordan's ears

Haakan, Thordan, you may act normally.

Andoran

Male Ratfolk Bard 1: AC 17, FF 15, touch 13; HP 10/10; Init +4; Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +2; Perception +5 SM +3

Mr Leaf, i got a bad furry feeling. We need to stick together.

Thordan draws his scimitar.

perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


Male Aasimar (Angelkin) Monk (Ki Mystic/Weapon Adept) 1: AC 17, FF 13, Touch 17; HP 1/11; Init +3; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +5; Perception +7 SM +9

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18 Perception Check

"I'll not abandon you, little one", Haaken reassures Thordan. Then keeping his eyes averted, he let's his senses expand trying to glean what he can from the rest of the scene

Haaken is in a full defensive posture


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1: AC 18, FF 16, touch 12; HP 28/28; Init +8; Fort +5, Ref+2, Will +1; Perception +5, SM +1

Thorgar feels his stomach wrench as the world goes mad, his feet suddenly seeming a thousand miles away and his legs tremulous stilts beneath him.

Should we roll init, or are we already in some established order?

Andoran

Male Ratfolk Bard 1: AC 17, FF 15, touch 13; HP 10/10; Init +4; Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +2; Perception +5 SM +3

Alriggty Mr Leaf

Full defensive position too


"What is it you want?" Raven calls out to nothing in particular.


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1: AC 18, FF 16, touch 12; HP 28/28; Init +8; Fort +5, Ref+2, Will +1; Perception +5, SM +1

Dazed and confused Thorgar hears Raven's words as an accusation, and answers in a ragged hollow voice,

"I want to forget! I want to be done! I want to go back, never have done it, never have been. I want to be the man she saw, the man she loved. But I cannot, without her there is only me, and the blood calls... It sings a song of rage and ruin."


Persistant Conditions: No ambient light, Uneven Floor (group 2 only) Current Map Loot Sheet

Confused and tense, Thordan and Haakar brace for any kind of violence but it does not come.

Raven and Thorgar shake their heads and realize where they are, but for the life of them, they can't remember how they got there. Were they sleepwalking? What was this strange glittering cluster of lights?

As they watched, it zipped from one side to the other, seemingly trying to get in front of Thordan or Haakar, but they turned their eyes away at every moment.

Raven, Thorgar, since you can't remember, you don't realize the danger the lights represent. Please make another DC 14 Will save against the effects of the lights. If you can make a DC 12 Sense Motive check from watching the others try to avoid looking at it, you will gain a +4 bonus to your save.

If you fail, you become Hypnotized and begin following the lights at your base speed.

Your turn folks.


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1: AC 18, FF 16, touch 12; HP 28/28; Init +8; Fort +5, Ref+2, Will +1; Perception +5, SM +1

Sense Motive: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12

Thorgar's eyes gleam with fury, and his lips draw back into a snarl as a primal rumbling, like that of a cornered beast, eminates from his throat.

He turns around slowly looking at each being present in turn with hard eyes, mouse - friend, friend, friend, twinkling ball of unnatural spirit light - enemy.

"Arghghgharghaharghgahhhrrrrrrrrr!" He bellows, the thunderous cry echoeing through the eerily still forest as he raises his glowing sword above his head and bursts forward in a frenzied charge!

Will Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Rage PA: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21Damage: 2d6 + 13 ⇒ (6, 1) + 13 = 20

This might well be immune to normal weapon damage so I'll leave any description up to the DM DH.


Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Will Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

"What the...where did that....huh?" Raven wonders aloud.

Snapping to her senses

"What is that thing doing to us?" she exclaims.


Persistant Conditions: No ambient light, Uneven Floor (group 2 only) Current Map Loot Sheet

Thorgar's mighty swing passes right through the cloud of glittering lights, scattering it slightingly. It vibrates for a moment and reforms.

It seems quite agitated, but undeterred.

Anyone who'd like to can make a Knowledge Nature or Knowledge Arcana check.


Male Aasimar (Angelkin) Monk (Ki Mystic/Weapon Adept) 1: AC 17, FF 13, Touch 17; HP 1/11; Init +3; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +5; Perception +7 SM +9

I'd love to, but alas...

"It's trying to lure us somewhere. I doubt it's intentions are honorable.", Haaken replies.


Knowledge: Nature: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22


Persistant Conditions: No ambient light, Uneven Floor (group 2 only) Current Map Loot Sheet

Raven:
You have heard of Wisps before. This seems something like that. They are supposed to be Fey creatures, which don't enjoy the touch of cold iron. It also might be a creature of winter, which generally don't like fire. It seems to be harmless except for it's ability to mesmerize and confuse. According to legends, Wisps are amoral tricksters who take joy and amusement in making people suffer.


Persistant Conditions: No ambient light, Uneven Floor (group 2 only) Current Map Loot Sheet

Thordan, I'm moving forward. Since you didn't act last round I'll assume you were confused or unable to think of something to do. You get a +2 to one action this round as a consolation prize.

The Glittering cluster of light pulses and drives itself through Thorgar, coming out his back in a swirl of agitation.

Thorgar:
1 point of Cold damage, Fort save please

Your turn folks.

Andoran

Male Ratfolk Bard 1: AC 17, FF 15, touch 13; HP 10/10; Init +4; Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +2; Perception +5 SM +3

Oh i thought i am in defensive position. sorry

Seeing Thorgar attacking the Wisp, he narrowed his eyes and twitched his whiskers.

Thorgi I am coming for you!! He brandished his small scimitar as he charges towards the wisp standing beside Thorgar slashing against the wisp.

Attack Roll: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17(Charge Bonus)
Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Spoiler:

HP: 10/10
AC: 15 (-2AC from Charging)


Persistant Conditions: No ambient light, Uneven Floor (group 2 only) Current Map Loot Sheet

The mouse man's blade wicks right through the cluster of lights, hitting nothing but air.


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1: AC 18, FF 16, touch 12; HP 28/28; Init +8; Fort +5, Ref+2, Will +1; Perception +5, SM +1

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Thorgar frost crackling upon his scraggily beard and hacks at the wisp once more, the power of his swing is formidable, but again merely passes through the spirit.

GW with PA: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22Damage: 2d6 + 13 ⇒ (5, 2) + 13 = 20

Andoran

Male Ratfolk Bard 1: AC 17, FF 15, touch 13; HP 10/10; Init +4; Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +2; Perception +5 SM +3

Thorgi you ok?


Raven tries to attack the wisp.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Persistant Conditions: No ambient light, Uneven Floor (group 2 only) Current Map Loot Sheet

Raven, did you see the spoiler earlier regarding your knowledge check? Also, what you you attacking with?


DM Doomed Hero wrote:
Raven, did you see the spoiler earlier regarding your knowledge check? Also, what you you attacking with?
Raven Wildflower wrote:
Raven stands, draws her scimitar and immediately moves into the shadows just beyond the campfire for a cloak of secrecy while she begins a search.

"It's a wisp! They don't like cold iron or fire. Thorgar, grab your torch and hit it!"


Male Aasimar (Angelkin) Monk (Ki Mystic/Weapon Adept) 1: AC 17, FF 13, Touch 17; HP 1/11; Init +3; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +5; Perception +7 SM +9

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Haaken, hearing Rave's warning, spins and tumbles over the fallen torch, in a sudden burst of movement. Haaken settles gracefully on his feet, the guttering brand held in his left fist.

Not sure how many actions that is, but I'll end my turn there just to be safe.


Persistant Conditions: No ambient light, Uneven Floor (group 2 only) Current Map Loot Sheet

Picking up a reasonably sized unattended object during a move action is free, same as drawing a weapon. You still have a Standard left. The torch was at Thorgar's feet and the Wisp is next to him. You can end your tumble adjacent to it if you'd like.


Male Aasimar (Angelkin) Monk (Ki Mystic/Weapon Adept) 1: AC 17, FF 13, Touch 17; HP 1/11; Init +3; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +5; Perception +7 SM +9

Alrighty then! Torch Attack:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Haaken lunges at the swarming lights, the torch traveling in a wide arc.


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1: AC 18, FF 16, touch 12; HP 28/28; Init +8; Fort +5, Ref+2, Will +1; Perception +5, SM +1

Sorry to point this out, but isn't that only true when your BAB is +1 or greater? For the drawing a weapon bit at least.

Thorgar hears Raven's words as if from a great distance, and his eyes focus on the flame as Haaken snatches it up.


Persistant Conditions: No ambient light, Uneven Floor (group 2 only) Current Map Loot Sheet

Meh, I'll give it to him. Picking things up during a tumble is pretty darn easy. I generally figure if it's something I'm personally capable of, it should be easy for a fantasy hero.

The cluster of lights juked unexpectedly, dodging the burning brand. It definitely seemed as though it wanted to avoid the flames

Andoran

Male Ratfolk Bard 1: AC 17, FF 15, touch 13; HP 10/10; Init +4; Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +2; Perception +5 SM +3

[b]Burn evil light!![//b] Thordan squirls high pitch voice obviously excited at this new development.


Male Aasimar (Angelkin) Monk (Ki Mystic/Weapon Adept) 1: AC 17, FF 13, Touch 17; HP 1/11; Init +3; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +5; Perception +7 SM +9

Seeing the wisp evade the torch with such obvious fear Haaken presses the attack, swiping the torch in a warding arc. 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

"Raven is correct, Thorgar, it flees the fire! More torches and we can defeat it."


Persistant Conditions: No ambient light, Uneven Floor (group 2 only) Current Map Loot Sheet

It was difficult to fight the thing without inadvertently looking at it. So caught up in the surge of hope that came with the discovery that it feared the torch, the group forgot the danger.

The glittering cluster of light pulsed again.

Will Save DC 14 against memory loss, same as last time.


Male Aasimar (Angelkin) Monk (Ki Mystic/Weapon Adept) 1: AC 17, FF 13, Touch 17; HP 1/11; Init +3; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +5; Perception +7 SM +9

Will save:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
The wisp's swirled before Haaken, and he felt it's will surge against his, but he stared defiantly at it and swept it's influence aside.

Andoran

Male Ratfolk Bard 1: AC 17, FF 15, touch 13; HP 10/10; Init +4; Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +2; Perception +5 SM +3

will save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

The wave hit Thordan in his excited state. The change was immediate as he stared blankly towards the light.


Will save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Raven goes to swing at the wisp. As she looks at the light she suddenly stops and just stares at it.


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1: AC 18, FF 16, touch 12; HP 28/28; Init +8; Fort +5, Ref+2, Will +1; Perception +5, SM +1

Will: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Thorgar rushes forward dropping his sword to the icy earth as he pulls a torch from his scabbard and thrusts it into the flame held aloft by Haaken. Taking care to keep his back to the wisp until he is ready to strike.

Standard action to get the torch lit seem reasonable?


Persistant Conditions: No ambient light, Uneven Floor (group 2 only) Current Map Loot Sheet

Sure.


Male Aasimar (Angelkin) Monk (Ki Mystic/Weapon Adept) 1: AC 17, FF 13, Touch 17; HP 1/11; Init +3; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +5; Perception +7 SM +9

Haaken meets Thorgar's eyes and gives a quick nod. "Ready?"he asks.

Flourishing his torch he lunges at the glittering lights.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Persistant Conditions: No ambient light, Uneven Floor (group 2 only) Current Map Loot Sheet

The fast cluster of sparkles dodges, and drives itself through Haakan's arm.

1 cold damage, negated by your cold resistance.

Back to you guys.

Andoran

Male Ratfolk Bard 1: AC 17, FF 15, touch 13; HP 10/10; Init +4; Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +2; Perception +5 SM +3

will save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

Thordan spoke his head and saw Thorgar and Mr Leaf branishing their torches. Following suit he chases after Thorgar to geysers a torch


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1: AC 18, FF 16, touch 12; HP 28/28; Init +8; Fort +5, Ref+2, Will +1; Perception +5, SM +1

"Ready," rumbles Thorgar moving around to flank the sparks with Haaken and thrusting the blazing torch into the mass of swirling lights.

Torch: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23 I have not added the improvised weapon penalty.

The torch entry says treat a torch as an improvised weapon doing damage equal to a gauntlet and 1 fire damage. Since we are trying to use the fire maybe 1d3 - which I have in my head for torch fire damage might be appropriate?


Male Aasimar (Angelkin) Monk (Ki Mystic/Weapon Adept) 1: AC 17, FF 13, Touch 17; HP 1/11; Init +3; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +5; Perception +7 SM +9

Didn't know there was a penalty for attacking with the torch...I'll just leave it up to the DM to sort it out, like I have damage. I can start doing that if it helps, though.

Glancing at his arm, Haaken moves with the barbarian to harry the sparkling entity. Swiping at it with the brand to drive towards Thorgar.

Torch Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


Persistant Conditions: No ambient light, Uneven Floor (group 2 only) Current Map Loot Sheet

Even with the improvised weapon penalty, Thorgar still hit.

The cluster of lights has a surprising amount of resistance when Thorgar smacks it with his burning brand. It reminds him a bit of hitting a class bottle, and has much the same effect.

The lights shatter and dissipate leaving the faintest bell-like echo of terror and loss ringing in Thordan's confused ears.

The four stood with cloudy breath, looking at each other and scanning the dark for further danger. The quiet of the forest made their breathing seem heavy and loud.

End combat


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1: AC 18, FF 16, touch 12; HP 28/28; Init +8; Fort +5, Ref+2, Will +1; Perception +5, SM +1

Thorgar blinks in surprise, and with gritted teeth manages to force back his fury, leaving himself panting with fatigue.

"I do not like fighting things that don't feel the bite of steel," he declares vehemently, "what happened one moment I was going to sleep, next I was here fighting this spirit."

Andoran

Male Ratfolk Bard 1: AC 17, FF 15, touch 13; HP 10/10; Init +4; Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +2; Perception +5 SM +3

Furry paws..it's gone??

Thordan recovering from its state of trance.


Raven suddenly looks around like she lost something.

"Um, does anyone remember where we camped? I just realized that I don't remember how we got here."

She begins looking around to find the tracks that everyone made.

Survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Andoran

Male Ratfolk Bard 1: AC 17, FF 15, touch 13; HP 10/10; Init +4; Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +2; Perception +5 SM +3

Come on do not be silly it's just right ther.......

Thordan frowns before sniffing the air around.

Hhmmmmm Thorgi did you pass wind and blow me away from my bed??


Male Aasimar (Angelkin) Monk (Ki Mystic/Weapon Adept) 1: AC 17, FF 13, Touch 17; HP 1/11; Init +3; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +5; Perception +7 SM +9

"I'm at fault. The creature drew me away, and everyone here followed to aid me.", Haaken frowned. I apologize to you all., Haaken looks pointedly to Thorgar.


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1: AC 18, FF 16, touch 12; HP 28/28; Init +8; Fort +5, Ref+2, Will +1; Perception +5, SM +1

I think you should have forgotten that Haaken.

Thorgar grunts, frowning at Thordan in puzzlement before addressign Haaken, "Not a man, or whatever's, fault when he is ensorcelled. Spirits like to grasp at the minds of men jealous of our solid lives. Now lets follow our tracks back to camp and get some sleep, can't afford to be loosing day light."

Thorgar will take 10 for a 13 to track their steps back, which I believe should suffice with the snow?


Persistant Conditions: No ambient light, Uneven Floor (group 2 only) Current Map Loot Sheet

That will do.

Cold and tired the group trudges back with nothing to show for their late night adventure but shivering bodies and confused and frustrated minds.

gm rolls: 4d20 ⇒ (15, 11, 2, 19) = 47

As they near the camp the fire has burned low, little more than embers now.

Raven:
A white fox streaks away into the darkness as you approach.

In the light of the dying fire the group is able to make out that the camp does not seem right. Thorgar's pack is overturned and clothing, blankets and food strewn about.


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1: AC 18, FF 16, touch 12; HP 28/28; Init +8; Fort +5, Ref+2, Will +1; Perception +5, SM +1

Grunting ambivilently Thorgar gathers his possessions, and says,

"My watch now, get some sleep."

He takes adds some more of the felled tree pieces to the fire and munches on some of the scattered wandermeal. The animals are welcome to this rubbish, tomorrow I'll hunt - the mouse moves slowly enough that I should be able to keep pace.

Andoran

Male Ratfolk Bard 1: AC 17, FF 15, touch 13; HP 10/10; Init +4; Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +2; Perception +5 SM +3

Thorgi....yawn...i...wil...help.....

Thordan fell into a deep sleep as he lap beside the dying embers..

151 to 200 of 355 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Orannis' "Beneath The Snow" [Campaign Thread] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.