Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Beneath The Snow

Game Master Orannis

Five adventurers brave the cold land of Irrisen to investigate a mysterious cave supposedly comprised entirely of adamantine.


51 to 100 of 355 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

"Well! It sounds like you have something in mind you want me to do. I do love traveling. Tell me all about it. I just might agree to go!" she says with a smile while looking at Vedic.


HP 8/8, AC 14, Fort +1, Ref, +2, Will +3, Per +7, Change Energy 9/9

"It is a treasure hunt, of sorts." he says, pointing to the map on the table. "I believe that somewhere up this pass is a "shadow nook", a... dark place, tucked away out of sight. A cave perhaps. Somewhere inside it is a relic I have long sought. A key made of black metal that will open a door that many things are hidden behind, including the harpoon this one seeks."

The pass is thick with ice and snow. Someone with wings could anchor rope points and help get past the places that make the pass unassailable. I can offer a substantial reward to any group who brings me the key."


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1: AC 18, FF 16, touch 12; HP 28/28; Init +8; Fort +5, Ref+2, Will +1; Perception +5, SM +1

Thorgar grunts and steps forward,

"I didn't follow half of what you said, but if your coin is good I'll go - assuming you need muscle. But what if you reasoning is wrong? I don't want us risking our life for nothing, we should paid for our trouble in case you are sending us on a wild goose chase. I don't mean to be disrespectul, I just can't follow your reasoning, and that map hardly fills me with confidence. Speaking of which what do you think is substantial?"


HP 8/8, AC 14, Fort +1, Ref, +2, Will +3, Per +7, Change Energy 9/9

"I offer five hundred gold crowns for the key. If I am wrong, which is doubtful, and you return empty handed, I will pay fifty for a detailed map of the area."

Liberty's Edge

Male Ratfolk Bard 1: AC 17, FF 15, touch 13; HP 10/10; Init +4; Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +2; Perception +5 SM +3

five hundred gold pieces!!!

Thordan eyes lit up, tail swashing all over

Wow wee that's a lot of shinies Thorgi! Come on I am sure you can seek death there too!

Of course I hope Lady ermmm....I didn't get your name but you look like an angel to me. So Lady angel will you help us?


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1: AC 18, FF 16, touch 12; HP 28/28; Init +8; Fort +5, Ref+2, Will +1; Perception +5, SM +1

"Five hundred is enough to get me moving. Hope you are right elf, but either way I'll not be sorry to be on my way." Thorgar says, slamming a fist into his palm and smiling visciously.

"I've everything I need, when do we leave. I say save the introductions we'll have plenty of time while we are moving, there isn't so much daylight up here that we can afford to waste it." Sosaying the big man retrieves a well used pack from beneath the chair he had been occupying previously and slings it over one shoulder.


Male Aasimar (Angelkin) Monk (Ki Mystic/Weapon Adept) 1: AC 17, FF 13, Touch 17; HP 1/11; Init +3; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +5; Perception +7 SM +9

The sound of the barbarian's meaty strike snaps Haaken's head up, and straightens his posture. "As a leaf rides the wind, a man may choose his Wyrd.", Haaken's voice resonates.

"Would the wind carry this leaf with you?", he asks, his eyes focusing on the strange group next to him.

Liberty's Edge

Male Ratfolk Bard 1: AC 17, FF 15, touch 13; HP 10/10; Init +4; Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +2; Perception +5 SM +3

You are an awfully big leaf...but do join us please. Only person I know that pass wind is Thorgi here.


Thordan Silentail The Neverfail wrote:
You are an awfully big leaf...but do join us please. Only person I know that pass wind is Thorgi here.

"Be nice little one." Raven gently chides.

Liberty's Edge

Male Ratfolk Bard 1: AC 17, FF 15, touch 13; HP 10/10; Init +4; Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +2; Perception +5 SM +3

Yes Lady Angel. I am sorry Mr Leaf. Thordan bows before Haaken.

We make a nice team don't you say Thorgi?

Thordan beamed.


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1: AC 18, FF 16, touch 12; HP 28/28; Init +8; Fort +5, Ref+2, Will +1; Perception +5, SM +1

Thorgar glances around at his prospective new companions and lets out a booming,

"Ha! Well we already make for a pretty far fetched tale, might as well have an adventure the skalds can get their teeth into. Come then, before a talking bear, and a gillman show up to complete the set. Even in hundreds coin only goes so far."

With that the barbarian strides over to the door and yanks it open, glancing out to the horizon and sucking in a bracing breath of cold air.


Male Aasimar (Angelkin) Monk (Ki Mystic/Weapon Adept) 1: AC 17, FF 13, Touch 17; HP 1/11; Init +3; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +5; Perception +7 SM +9

"I am named Haaken, but as much a leaf as any other.", Haaken says returning Thordan's bow.

Liberty's Edge

Male Ratfolk Bard 1: AC 17, FF 15, touch 13; HP 10/10; Init +4; Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +2; Perception +5 SM +3

And I am Thordan here! I am on a very very important mission here. And that big hairy man there is my new friend who is seeking death. His name is Thorgar but I call him Thorgi because he says I can call him that but don't really tell anyone about because I think he doesn't thinks it's quite manly. Anyway I glad you can join us Haaken the leaf

Thordan rushed behind Thorgar and imitates him breathing in the cold air.


Male Aasimar (Angelkin) Monk (Ki Mystic/Weapon Adept) 1: AC 17, FF 13, Touch 17; HP 1/11; Init +3; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +5; Perception +7 SM +9

Haaken turns to Raven and asks,"Shall we share our dinner with Thorgar and Thordan on the road, Lady Angel?", smiling at her new title.


"Well, I am happy to share the table. As to my food, that all goes to me." she says with a smirk.


HP 8/8, AC 14, Fort +1, Ref, +2, Will +3, Per +7, Change Energy 9/9

"Four. A meaningful number." the elf smiles. "There are things to know before you leave.

While you are in the 'shadow nook', eat nothing, not even what you bring yourself, and avoid mirrors. The stories indicate both would be mistakes."

Passing the map all the way across the table, he points to the bar of music he has added to one corner.

"Somewhere inside will be a door or chest that can only be opened by this music."

Perform (any instrument), DC 11:
The three notes indicated create the chord E flat minor.

"I believe making any other sound in the chamber where that door or chest lies will be very dangerous. I do not have a description of the room, or the locked object that should be inside it, besides the phrase "harp of everwinter". I hope that will be enough to let you recognize it when you see it."

"I would recommend bringing cold-weather clothing and equipment, plenty of rope and climbing tools, and light sources. If you have horses, have them stabled. They will not make the climb."

Liberty's Edge

Male Ratfolk Bard 1: AC 17, FF 15, touch 13; HP 10/10; Init +4; Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +2; Perception +5 SM +3

Music?

Thordan took out his stringed instrument and started strumming to the tune.

Perform Stringed: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Ok I think Thordan got it


HP 8/8, AC 14, Fort +1, Ref, +2, Will +3, Per +7, Change Energy 9/9

"Yes, that is the chord. Remember, no other sound. Only that."

Liberty's Edge

Male Ratfolk Bard 1: AC 17, FF 15, touch 13; HP 10/10; Init +4; Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +2; Perception +5 SM +3

Thordan kicked Thorgar in the leg.

Owww..Thorgi try not to snore when we are in there...ok so Lady Angel, Haaken the leaf, Thorgi lets go find this hallowed spear.


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1: AC 18, FF 16, touch 12; HP 28/28; Init +8; Fort +5, Ref+2, Will +1; Perception +5, SM +1

Thorgar glances down at the rat, and shakes his head,

"I'm pretty sure I'm still asleep having met you lot, so not snoring'll be tough, but I'll do my best. I leave the music and such to you lot, I'll pick up a few pitons and some more rope and catch you up. I don't want to have to explain you all."

The barbarian stomps off and catches up to the group a few minutes later, moving with surprising speed.

Purchasing 5 pitons, a grappling hook, and 50 feet of hemp rope for 2.5gp, he already has 50 feet of silk rope.

Liberty's Edge

Male Ratfolk Bard 1: AC 17, FF 15, touch 13; HP 10/10; Init +4; Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +2; Perception +5 SM +3

what about scroll of healing? Vedic wanna sponsor lol?


Persistant Conditions: No ambient light, Uneven Floor (group 2 only) Current Map Loot Sheet

Sorry, no dice there. I'll rule that the general store carries the supplies to make a healing kit as well as two potions of cure light. Feel free to go shopping.

Liberty's Edge

Male Ratfolk Bard 1: AC 17, FF 15, touch 13; HP 10/10; Init +4; Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +2; Perception +5 SM +3

Ok anyone has extra gold to spare?


HP 8/8, AC 14, Fort +1, Ref, +2, Will +3, Per +7, Change Energy 9/9

"Good luck. I will prepare for your return with the key." The elf said with a gleam in his eye.

"Then the way to many things will be unlocked to us."


Persistant Conditions: No ambient light, Uneven Floor (group 2 only) Current Map Loot Sheet

After a short shopping trip and some arrangements to stable their horses while they were away, the unlikely group headed out.

Frostbark sat at an intersection of a number of mountain passes, many of which were snowed in this time of year. Warning signs half buried in snow dotted the intersections to the main road warning travelers to turn back during the cold seasons.

One of the signs they ignored.

Frostwood pass led through a copse of evergreens that had grown up around a small stream that ran down from the mountains. A handful of log cabins breathed smoke from their chimneys marking where the local woodcutters and trappers made their homes. A burly bearded man stared at them as they passed, rubbing his eyes and looking again before shaking his head and going back to chopping firewood.

As they neared the edge of the snow-blanketed wood the road became more and more untraveled. Soon they were simply trudging through snow and guessing where the road was.

Then suddenly, as they pushed through a particularly deep drift, Thordan simply vanished into the snow with a muffled yelp...

Thordan, please make a DC 10 Reflex save

Liberty's Edge

Male Ratfolk Bard 1: AC 17, FF 15, touch 13; HP 10/10; Init +4; Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +2; Perception +5 SM +3

Thorgi!!!!!!!

Reflex save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21


Persistant Conditions: No ambient light, Uneven Floor (group 2 only) Current Map Loot Sheet

Thordan:
You're fine. You just managed to find decent sized hole that had filled up with snow. No damage. DC 14 Climb or Acro check to get out (or others can haul you up)


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1: AC 18, FF 16, touch 12; HP 28/28; Init +8; Fort +5, Ref+2, Will +1; Perception +5, SM +1

Muttering darkly to himself Thorgar draws his sword and uses a foot to kick away the snow in search of the rodent. He's probably just found a hole, but there are dark things this close to Irrisen..

Liberty's Edge

Male Ratfolk Bard 1: AC 17, FF 15, touch 13; HP 10/10; Init +4; Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +2; Perception +5 SM +3

Climb: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2

Thordan tries climbing up the side of the wall but it was slippery with snow as he keeps falling backwards.

Owww...Somebody please help!!! Mr Leaf can you ask the wind or Lady Angel to help me??!!!


Male Aasimar (Angelkin) Monk (Ki Mystic/Weapon Adept) 1: AC 17, FF 13, Touch 17; HP 1/11; Init +3; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +5; Perception +7 SM +9

Haaken advances gingerly towards Thordan's voice, using his quarterstaff as a probe to find the edge of the opening. "Remain calm, Thordan, we're coming!"


Raven jumps down in the hole with Thordan.

"Grab on." she says.

Once Thordan has latched on:

Raven spreads her wings majestically, and she takes off.

Fly: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31

I actually made the DC to fly upwards! Woot!

She flys up about 100' and then circles around. With the loud flapping of wings, she sets down next to the group and puts the little guy down.

"Don't say I never did anything for you." she says with a sly smile.

Liberty's Edge

Male Ratfolk Bard 1: AC 17, FF 15, touch 13; HP 10/10; Init +4; Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +2; Perception +5 SM +3

Wow!!!! That was the single most funest moment Thordan has experienced in his entire furry life!!! Do that again!!

Thordan looks at Lady Angel with admiration.


"Normally it hurts to fly like that. Former injury flares up when I try to ascend. It seemed to be ok this time." she says while stretching a bit.

Liberty's Edge

Male Ratfolk Bard 1: AC 17, FF 15, touch 13; HP 10/10; Init +4; Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +2; Perception +5 SM +3

Alright. Someday I will write a song about you. May I have a feather? Thordan likes to collect stuff that impresses him a lot.

Thordan looks curiously at her wings.


"Here is one that fell out. Treasure it well."


Persistant Conditions: No ambient light, Uneven Floor (group 2 only) Current Map Loot Sheet

DM Rolls: 2d20 ⇒ (3, 9) = 12

Raven:
During your short flight you see a small group of travelers down the road the direction your group came from, back by the woodcutters's house. They appeared to be talking with him. One sees you flying and points. It's hard to make out from the distance, but they seem quite surprised.

As the pair land they find the others looking into the pit that had swallowed Thorgar.

It was just a sink hole. Nothing more than an embarrassing inconvenience to a man, but to the small ratkin, it had been a greater danger.


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1: AC 18, FF 16, touch 12; HP 28/28; Init +8; Fort +5, Ref+2, Will +1; Perception +5, SM +1

Thorgar stares up at the winged woman with the rat clinging onto her and thinks of owls. But he has to admit the feat is impressive, it must be wonderful to be able to fly, the number of times I wish I could have flown away...

"Are you two done arsing about?" he asks gruffly, "I am not in the mood to scrape up rat pancakes."


Thorgar the Childeater wrote:

Thorgar stares up at the winged woman with the rat clinging onto her and thinks of owls. But he has to admit the feat is impressive, it must be wonderful to be able to fly, the number of times I wish I could have flown away...

"Are you two done arsing about?" he asks gruffly, "I am not in the mood to scrape up rat pancakes."

"We are all unhurt fortunately. Shall we press on?"


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1: AC 18, FF 16, touch 12; HP 28/28; Init +8; Fort +5, Ref+2, Will +1; Perception +5, SM +1

"Aye, like I said before there isn't so much daylight we can afford to waste it," Thorgar grumps, sheathing his sword and continueing to slog on through the snow.

"Names Thorgar by the way, don't want that spread around too much, not a criminal or anything, but I was a named man back in the day and I don't want to be remembered."


Persistant Conditions: No ambient light, Uneven Floor (group 2 only) Current Map Loot Sheet

The snow thinned as the group made its way into the trees. The evergreens were close enough together that their canopy created an impressive barrier against the snow. In many places the ground was actually visible. The density of the trees also served to cut the wind, making the inside of the wood a welcome comfort after the sharp cold of the open road.

The comparative warmth had melted some of the snow and caused it to re-freeze at night, coating the trunks and many of the branches of the trees with veins of ice and creating impressive icicles.

As comfortable as it was, after a few minutes it also became quite dark. It took their eyes a few minutes to adjust after the bright white they had become used to. The daylight was all but blocked out here, and it was getting later in the day. Soon they were going to need to provide their own light.

The combination of the dying daylight, the shadows and the ice gave the wood an etherial feeling. The the branches above them sparkled faintly like they were made of stars.

The path was fairly clear, used frequently when the pass was open. It had obviously been at least a few months since it had seen anything more than a lone trapper travel it's length.

DM rolls: 4d20 ⇒ (14, 7, 17, 19) = 57

Thorgar:

The wood is very quiet. You can make out every sound you and the others make very clearly.

Hakkan:

You notice what Thorgar notices, plus you see what appears to be strands of gossamer strung between the branches in the upper levels of the trees. It's difficult to see because of the dim light, but your darkvision helps you see further than the others.

Light level is currently at 20 feet of good lighting. Dim out to 40 feet. The canopy starts at about 20 feet up. The tree density is thick enough that it's difficult not to be within arm's reach of one at any given moment.


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1: AC 18, FF 16, touch 12; HP 28/28; Init +8; Fort +5, Ref+2, Will +1; Perception +5, SM +1

Thorgar draws his greatsword casting about the ice gilden gloom warily, and saying in a quiet voice,

"I do not like this, it is too quiet, forests are not this dead. I want to hear life before we camp, there is wrongness here. Any of you have light?"

Great description DH, very atmospheric.


"Unfortunately, no. I never had a reason to have a torch or similar."

Liberty's Edge

Male Ratfolk Bard 1: AC 17, FF 15, touch 13; HP 10/10; Init +4; Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +2; Perception +5 SM +3

Thorgi! I can help.

Thordan draws out his scimitar and touch it while squeaking. The blade as if heated started to turn orange white and light rays began to shoot forth from the blade itself piercing the darkness.

Thordan stretch out his left hand and squeaks as the snowflakes around him shifted a little outlining an invisible force pulsated from him.

Thorgi! I can see in the darkness. My mama always asked me to catch rodents in the carrot field and by furry paws it is sure dark at night.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Cast Light, Detect magic, and have Darkvision 60ft.


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1: AC 18, FF 16, touch 12; HP 28/28; Init +8; Fort +5, Ref+2, Will +1; Perception +5, SM +1

"Better, now let's move we'll want to make camp soon so look out for any likely shelter. I say we'll need a fire and a watch to, I don't suppose your magic'll last through the night will it rat?"

Liberty's Edge

Male Ratfolk Bard 1: AC 17, FF 15, touch 13; HP 10/10; Init +4; Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +2; Perception +5 SM +3

Nope Thorgi...and I am a mouse not a rat. Rats have big teeth. I don have big teeth Thorgi!


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 1: AC 18, FF 16, touch 12; HP 28/28; Init +8; Fort +5, Ref+2, Will +1; Perception +5, SM +1

Thorgar shrugs,

"Be a mouse then, but be a mouse looking for shelter. I'd prefer to be as close to warm and dry as I can get come morning."


Male Aasimar (Angelkin) Monk (Ki Mystic/Weapon Adept) 1: AC 17, FF 13, Touch 17; HP 1/11; Init +3; Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +5; Perception +7 SM +9

"Look and see." Haaken points to the gossamer threads stringing through the upper reaches of the canopy. It is a strange thing. Does anyone know the meaning?"


Persistant Conditions: No ambient light, Uneven Floor (group 2 only) Current Map Loot Sheet

Knowledge Nature check from anyone that has it.


Knowledge: Nature: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


Persistant Conditions: No ambient light, Uneven Floor (group 2 only) Current Map Loot Sheet

Definitely... um... ice strand... things. Yeah.

51 to 100 of 355 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Orannis' "Beneath The Snow" [Campaign Thread] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.