Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


4,801 to 4,850 of 26,346 << first < prev | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | next > last >>

Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Keep who safe? You and Delour or the audiance? I have no idea. I wouldn't put too much stock on that though, since this is supposed to be a deadly play I suspect the Hellknights will be on hand in case any monsters try going off the stage.

Andrea is clutching the script and seems to be rambling as she leafs through it.

So what will your part be doing? Remember that Thesing seems to have something up his sleeve.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin's good cheer is slowly returning to himself, but it smacks of gallows humor. "My part? Lazarod? Oh god, I'm completely off-book and I don't even know. Robahl did say that I'll be in nothing more than a loincloth in the first act. Maybe the blonde little worm will try to finish me off quick."

Andrea, I've left the door wide open for some bedroom humor with that set-up.

"Even without my armor and weapons, I will still have my magic and my song. I'll do my best to keep the audience interested, but I've been watching you all rehearse and in truth, I believe we will all need to step up our performance if we hope to see this charade through."

"I'm happy to coach anyone who feels they need it, but I don't know if it will do us much good. Even I'm beginning to fade after this sort of rehearsal schedule."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

I have a potion of Shield of Faith that can help protect you and apotion of Protection from evil. Don't forget your own resources. If something tries to attack you with a weapon, a scroll of Burning Disarm can make them drop their weapon.

Little worm? OHOHOHOHOHO! I must say I never even noticed the intrusion

Andrea's eyes turn to John. John.....Since you have been quiet here, how about you pitch in. I believe Nymmis is the only actress we haven't spoken with. How about you flex those mighty muscles and perhaps slip her a heads-up that Delour is planning to have her maimed. An extra ally on stage can be very helpful.

Time for another to join the Leigon of Shame

Yes, we might as well practice some more. Andrea hands out scripts to everyone.


Male Half-Elf Rogue (Trapsmith) 4 Fame 3 HP 28/28 Init +8 AC 19 Touch 14 Flat 15 Fort +1, Ref +8, Will +3 (+2 vs Ench) Perc +14/convo-hidden +18/traps +22

We probably need to act out our parts as realistically as possible. Sounds like we might have to hurt each other. Unless doing deadly damage then just need to be ready to heal between acts. Would be nice if we could get regeneration on Orsin though. He is probably going to the worst of us all.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

"I'll probably have to fall to the back if--when we find ourselves engaged with a beast onstage. And if the trials are as deadly as they read, I would sooner trust John or Duncan's health to hold out longer than my own. And even then I may not be able to help much, I can only infuse my songs with so much magic before it disintegrates into pointless warbling, but I'll do what I can. We're all in this together and these sick diversions have already taken too many lives as it is. Who knows, maybe these plays will lose their allure after we all come out of this alive?" A wistful smiles plays across his sweat-stained face as he realizes, crestfallen, the foolishness of his optimism.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Duncan stands tall, for a Dwarf.
If it comes down to it. All a ye get behind John an Me. We'll get ye through it.

The dwarf spoke with conviction. He would keep them alive.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19
Tweaker wrote:
We probably need to act out our parts as realistically as possible. Sounds like we might have to hurt each other. Unless doing deadly damage then just need to be ready to heal between acts. Would be nice if we could get regeneration on Orsin though. He is probably going to the worst of us all.

Well we can use the flats of our weapons then.


M NPC, Actor/Director

The big day of the procession arrives and after make-up and costumes the director gets everyone lined up for the march. He looks a lot more subdued then normal, and he is without insult. "We will walk over, get the crowd fired up and excited, have a quick look a the stage," he explains. "After that everyone will be in the greenroom to Act I, "The Condemnation" He smiles at halfheartedly at Orsin.


Evil GM

The wind has picked up noticeably as the procession begins its march. The street is lined with well wishers cheering the colorful troupe. Red and yellow roses petals are tossed at your feet. When the group finally reaches the river they are met by a comfort barge to take you to the other side. While stepping on the barge a waiter hands each person a glass of sparkling wine.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea is rather subdued as well as the make-up is applied and the she marches out with the others. She accept sthe wine but does not drink it, wanting her head to be clear as they cross the river, her mind still turning ove rand over.


Evil GM

There are several other waiters walking through the crowd on the barge with appetizers: stuffed mushroom with crab, skewers of shrimp, toasts bites with sliced beef and pork, to name a few items. There is plenty of beverages pouring freely for those invited few.

There is a bit of chop on the river water as the gulf swells from the onshore breeze. The barge unties and casts off.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Lucrezia will quietly endure the make-up process, though she refuses to look into a mirror to see the finished results. Bad enough I have wear all this s~*! on my face, I don't even want to know what the hell I look like with it on.

Once on the barge, Lucrezia stands near the side, looking down into the water. Not quite the kinda boat I'm used to being on, but it's nice to be out on the water. She waves away offers of food, feeling too nervous to eat or drink now.


Evil GM

Lucrezia:
As the barge disembarks from the dock, you know this is not going to be an easy ride across the river. the river is rough and crashing over the side. The barge is making nearly no progress as it keeps getting pushed up river.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Lucrezia give a loud sigh as she observes the choppy waters and lack of progress the boat is making. Heading back to her little group, she comments: "Well, looks like this boat ride may take a bit longer than expected. Barges like this are meant for just lazing about on good weather days not for getting anywhere in rough water. Damn thing may even be putting us ashore further up river than planned. Idiots in charge must've been more concerned with appearances than with actually getting us there on time."


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

"Any chance this weather might cause someone to fall off, or is it only going to cause us to go off course?"


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"Well, I'd feel a lot better if'n you and Duncun would stay near the middle of the boat. Even a little wave can cause someone to loose their footing and slide or roll off the deck and with ya'lls armor you'd sink like a damn rock."


Evil GM

The nearly flat-bottomed barge begins to rock and roll with the the 3 to 4 foot swells. Several other passengers are not having an easy time of it as they hurl over the edge. One unfortunate gentleman lost into the upwind which sprayed his clothing. The 30 minute barge ride is well over an hour now and the other side is still a distance off. The director nervously paces the deck.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

profession sailor check 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Can I guess the odds of us making it to the other side or of us getting carried all the way out to sea?


M NPC, Actor/Director

Lucrezia you see the barge drifting and know its off target but the captain and crew seem to be handling the incident well. You don't really think you will drift out to open water.

The director is mumbling to himself, "no time for a walk through...no time...how am I suppose to be ready! Incompetent idiots sailing this barge."

It is pretty obvious to Lucrezia that the director knows nothing about sea vessels as this is not have sails.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"Well, the crew seem to be competent and handling the situation well, but I just don't think they'll manage to land us where they're supposed to." Lucrezia motions over at the director. "That fat idiot is right though. I doubt we'll have enough time for a walk-through or really any kind of rehearsal. I'm really gonna hate having to go into this damned play so unprepared."


M NPC, Actor/Director

The barge finally lands downstream from the intended dock but everyone is safe and sound on the other side. Unfortunately as you approach the theater the line is long with carriages dropping off the patrons. The show looks like it's going to be standing room only but time is at a premium.

Robahl gets everyone into the theater with 7 minutes to spare before curtain call. He rushes everyone into the greenroom (stage right), and quickly reminds everyone to have splendid performance. "I will be back in minute to lead those in ACT 1 to the stage.' He lets out a deep breath and disappears for for few minutes.

The green room is spacious but unfinished. It has plenty of delicate foods and drinks present. You have a couple minutes to buff. If anyone is putting a buff on now, let me know in spoiler, along with the length of time the buff lasts. The play is lengthy so there is a chance some buffs can time out.

---

Rough 4 minutes later Robahl comes back looking a bit more pale, You'll all do jut fine....fine I say...hit your marks out there and have f..f..fun. Remember you lines that's important. I need to go introduce a stage hand will escort the first group. Come with me Madame Visbaronetness Aulamaxa for you your aria."


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Buffs:
Orsin casts heroism on himself which should last for 40 minutes.

Orsin will also be using bardic performance if he has time before he has to 'take the plunge' so to speak in any of the trials (assuming he has time). That way, I can use saving finale to reroll a bad save if need be.

I won't be available for the next hour and half, any rolls you want me to make now and you can put them in context while I'm gone?


Evil GM

I need on performance roll from you Orsin, if you can make it. That will get us through the non-combat ActI


M NPC, Actor/Director

There is a thunderous applause form the crowd when Robahl steps on stage. "Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to the premiere event at this Grand new theater. I'm sure the crowd will fine this show as entertaining s the actors. Let me extend my humblest thanks to eh Church for providing the - how shall I say? - punch in tonight's spectacle. And also my thanks and gratitude to our illustrious and benevolent lord-mayor, Aberian Arvanxi, along with our other anonymous donors." With a wave and deep bow he exits the stage.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Perform (sing): 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 11 + 2 = 23

(Subtract four if you need Perform [act])


Evil GM

GREEN ROOM

Here is a map of the greenroom which is stage right.

Stage right is to the right of Center stage as you look out from the stage and towards the audience.


Evil GM

A reminder of each person's character in the Play:
Thesling - Haanderthan (co-star and accuser)
Orsin -Lazarod (co-star and accused)
Lucrezia -Dentris (Druid friend)
Andrea - Tybain (bumbling Paladin Friend)
John - Drovalid (Torturer)
Tweaker - Fargus (fool)
Duncan - Manris (Dwarf fiend)
Calseinica - Ilsandra (love interest of Lazarod's)
Visbaronetness Aulamaxa - narrator and vocals


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

What's the druid's role in this? Is it on the side of the accused or accuser?


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

I will be down for work for a couple of hours as well, will post asap


Evil GM

Act 1: Condemnation

A high-backed obsidian bench stands upcenter. As the curtain
rises, HAANDERTHAN himself perches there, an awesome
figure of power looming above the shackled forms of LARAZOD,
TYBAIN, and DENTRIS. The other members of the COUNCIL,
including the sultry ILSANDRA, flank out stage right and left of
HAANDERTHAN’S tribunal bench. The hulking bearded devil
BAILIFF stands over them, spiked truncheon in his scabrous red,
leather-like hands.

Haanderthan (Thesling) Stands:

"The accused stands before this court on several counts of failed conspiracy, evidenced thereof by the industrious interrogations of
the court’s own Seeker, Drovalid Vorclune, administered
with his usual diligence and severity. In these interviews
Vorclune gathered from notable sources, only a few of
whom survived their conversations with the lash, that
Larazod of the Rilsane held audience with undesirables—
the topic of their whispered covenant the activities of
none other than myself. A most serious affair. Service to
Asmodeus’s ever-darkening glory is never without risk
of menace, betrayal, and threat of doom. My family and
I have long suffered the bumbling attempts of assassins
who would tear at our dark lord’s visage as casually as
they befoul their mothers’ beds."

{There is crowd gasping a the charges}

Hannderthan proceeds to proclaim Lazarod, Dentris and Thybain guilty of the charges.

Ilsandra then calls for a tribunal to permit the Six Trials to take place. If they survive the trials then by Asmodeus' law they are innocent.

{the crowd cheers...Trial, trial, trial}

Haanderthan sneers at the bedded tramp..."You doddering sack of bones my Asmodeaus take you all."

Lazarod announces that "neither he, nor his companions of faith are guilt of the treasons levied that it is the magistrate Haanderthan's lies that will be revealed."

{gasps from the crowd...blasphemy}

Only the characters mentioned in ACT i are on stage at this time. Orsin's performance was stellar and the audience is entralled when Act II begins.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Duncan looks on from behind the curtain from the right of the stage.
The lad is doing well so far. Hope it holds.


Male Half-Elf Rogue (Trapsmith) 4 Fame 3 HP 28/28 Init +8 AC 19 Touch 14 Flat 15 Fort +1, Ref +8, Will +3 (+2 vs Ench) Perc +14/convo-hidden +18/traps +22

Tweaker has a few potion bottles on his person secured to not bounce around with the Spiderclimb potion secured somewhere safe. He figures when he is bouncing around stage, he can drink from a potion bottle for no effect unless he needs the Spiderclimb.

Sounds like the first act is going great. Be glad when this is over.

I played on this map last week at my in person game. Also found this posted on the forums yesterday looking for a map. Westcrown Map and was curious on if was usable for me to reference.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

I'm back!

Orsin takes the necessary exit at the close of the first act. Joining the others in the greenroom off to stage right. He seems more alert than yesterday, more present. He begins changing into his costume for the second act. He doesn't mind being scantily clad on stage (he DOES have Str 18, after all), but in a production this deadly, he'd rather be in armor with a good blade at his side.

"Everyone ready for Act II?" he asks the others, a little out of breath as he swiftly dons his costume and gear.


Evil GM

ACT II has Orsin stripped of clothing but a loin cloth actually.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

I am sure Andrea and Lucrezia appreciated the sight.

"As ready as I will ever be." Hmph, the songbird's got a decent body on him. Despite being a bit nervous, Lucrezia determined to see this though.


Male Half-Elf Rogue (Trapsmith) 4 Fame 3 HP 28/28 Init +8 AC 19 Touch 14 Flat 15 Fort +1, Ref +8, Will +3 (+2 vs Ench) Perc +14/convo-hidden +18/traps +22

When Tweaker gets his chance, he bounces around the stage and tries his best to be a little in the way but not enough to ruin anything. He tries to do a cartwheel past in between the actors.
Cartwheel: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

Tweaker acts nonchalant when grabbing a potion bottle of water of his side and drinks it to then proceed to flap his arms like he can fly.
Sleight of Hand for potion bottle: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

After his diversions then he tries to blend into the background and disappear by moving to the curtain and pulling it around himself waiting for the act to be over.
Tweaker can't act: 1d20 ⇒ 20

Don't know if I can get any bonuses for doing extra but figured wouldn't hurt. Didn't want to just put a roll out there.


Evil GM

ACT II: Trial by Torture.

The three prisoners Larazod, Dentris, and Tybain led onto the stage the jeers of the crowd. Awaiting them are Haanderthan and his Torturer, Drovalid. As the crowd sees the victims of traitors, a table with a giant wheel is brought forth. The crowd gasps in "ohhhhs' and Ahhhhhs":

HAANDERTHAN

"Good Keeper of Pain, Tormentor of Liars and Demonsuckling
Miscreants, we are honored by your presence. Show
these supplicants the favor of your stinging lash, and with
rack and fire, purge lies from their lips. Break their souls, and
let the mad and guilty appall our ears no more with ranting.

DROVALID

"Magistrate Maleficarum, I come before you a simple hand
whose lash is guided by the greater glory of Asmodeus,
may my scourge do him and this devoted tribunal proud.
With your permission I shall begin our first trial.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Back on for a little bit

Orsin, your well formed butt is going to be hanging in the wind out there. T take these potions and drink before you head out.

Shield of Faith (+2 AC 4 minutes)
Protection from Evil (+2 AC+ other bonuses against evil 4 minutes)

Remember Orsin, Thesing said he had a surprise foy ou, so I wouldn't be surprised if he tries to screw you over while you are on the wheel

Can we slow down a little? I won't be able to properly respon until later


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Oops, my bad. I guess I'm now nekkid then. Bah, whatever.

Orsin drinks the shield of faith potion just before the start of the second act, drinking it down as he strips.

"I don't know if I'll need the evilguard draught. John's to play the torturer, remember?"

"Right then...", he says, returning to take his place on stage before the curtain lifts once more.

Am I effectively flat-footed during the whipping? I've got the +2 shield bonus to AC, so right now, with no armor or Dex to AC I'm rocking a 12.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Maybe Tweaker can run off with the lash and while John chases him I can heal us up while all eyes on on John and Tweaker. Remember, Fools are more than bumbling clowns.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"True, but they need to see enough blood to be satisfied."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea quickly looks around to see if she can see Nymmis,(sp) the actress that Delour said will be in the cleric's line of fire. and speak when Delour is not near

My dear it is such a delight to be working with you. Hopefully we will be able to put aside any rivalries and produce a great play with the guidance of the divine and their servants that we will not come to any harm

Bluff check to pass along message that a rival of Nymmis is planning on having a cleric bring harm to her during the play

Bluff: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Fffff! two points!


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Aid another!

"She right, Calseinica. Things are bound to get a little beastly out there."

Bluff: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29


Evil GM

Yes the folks getting whipped are FF.

Calseinica responds, "This is only for show nothing real is going to happen Madame Aulamaxa told me that herself." Smiling widely.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Sense motive to see if she has the brains of a tuna?

Of course my dear. Of course.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Wait, it says chicken of the sea? So is it chicken or tuna?


Evil GM

ACT II continued:

Remember your parts.

HAANDERTHAN (Thesling)

"Begin at your leisure, Tormentor. End this fool’s mockery
of our court with cleansing agony

Enter the Device and other implements of torture. Drovalid begins
administering agonizing pain upon a stoic Larazod.

John whips Lazarod 1 Time. Larazod is on the wheel, DC15 Fort or take 1 HP non-lethal stretching damage.

DENTRIS (Lucrezia)

"Fools, my good master may be a fool of a tiefling, but if you
think to wrack his spine, and wheedle mewled recantation
from his black lips, you are even greater fools than he.
Larazod is no coward, and he sneers in the face of pain
with true faith in Asmodeus—he cannot waver. He faced
Abyssal Tyrants and hordes of their slime-ridden minions
in battle. His coal-black soul did not quake then. He stands
resolute now. You cannot break his spirit."

John whips Dentris three times.

DROVALID (John)

"Recant half-breed. Admit your twisted falsehoods, serpent tongued
traitor!"

LARAZOD

"Even an ocean of agony cannot turn truth to lie.
More bone-crunching, skin-flensing torment.

John Whips Larazod. The wheel turns and gives 1 HP non-lethal. DC15 Fort to negate wheel damage.

DROVALID

"Recant and end this trial! Swift death shall embrace
you and Asmodeus smiles upon those who admit their
falsehoods—he may not rend your soul completely, may
leave some semblance of your spirit intact."

John Whips Larazod.

LARAZOD

"I recant… nothing! Grind on, honeyed torment. Sing
sweetly as I may, no cries of “recant” shall you hear. I hate
lies, as I hate demon-loving traitors."

More torture. John Whips Larazod.

LARAZOD

"Had enough, Magistrate? Can you withstand it any longer?
Please give in and recant, for the only torment I cannot
bear is your continued duplicity. Recant, Magistrate!
Recant your own lies, and Asmodeus may have mercy on
your slimy soul."

John Whips Larazod. The wheel turns and gives 1 HP non-lethal. DC15 Fort to negate wheel damage.

TYBAIN (Andrea)

'Ha! Even in the face of soul-crushing pain, he taunts
this ridiculous Magistrate of Hell. Hear me, Aroden,
if Asmodeus has such as Larazod in his employ, all our
efforts are doomed. Would your white fist command such
steadfast loyalty as this one here, who laughs at death and
grins at the grimmest pain."[b]

John Whips Tybain three times.

ILSANDRA

[b]"(Aside) Such a sweet voice. I long to hear his screams
more—ah, but to elicit them myself, with a soulburning
kiss, and an aching embrace. This torture is
most stimulating, though I do hope the Tormentor
doesn’t mar the tiefling’s choicest parts. Leave off those!
They belong to me alone!"

DROVALID

(Exhausted) "Recant!"

LARAZOD

"Never! Lash every inch of flesh from me, leave only a bloody
ruin where I stand—that skinned wreck of a man will
gurgle only truth and never recant."

Drovalid ends torment and casts down his whip.

DROVALID

"He is as unbreakable as a marble tide—dragon’s scale would
have shattered long ago—and yet he stands unbowed. No
lie can evade this unholy lash of mine, gifted to me by
Asmodeus himself. Larazod must speak the truth!"

HAANDERTHAN

"Fool! Continue the trial, you’ve yet to probe deep enough
into his soul’s painful lies!"

DROVALID

"My work is done. My findings true. You have never doubted
my hand before. Why do you so now? Could it be this
tiefling speaks true? Are you allied against our august
master of darkness?"

HAANDERTHAN

'Mind your place, Tormentor! You speak blasphemy in the
face of this land’s own Magistrate Maleficarum. Beware,
your words endanger your very soul. Take you this halfbreed’s
part? Then you would join him on his trials? Don’t
be a fool."

DROVALID

"If Asmodeus wishes it so then my soul stands with his. If
my hand has failed you, then I shall burn for it. I shall face
the remaining five trials at Larazod’s side.'

HAANDERTHAN

"So be it, traitor. Your rending death, and his, shall be my
vindication. Bring on the second trial!"


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Fort Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Fort Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Fort Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

This is nothing, this is nothing. I whipped myself bloody when I prayed to Urgathoa.

Andrea is strapped to the wheel and grits her teeth as John looms over her.

Calistria is the Wasp, the scourge as well. I will endure.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Lucrezia will her body to be still as she resists her instinct to fight back against the one hurting her. I can't hit John. Just like I couldn't hit the first mate for lashing me when Marcus and I we caught doing something we shouldn't have been doing in the crow's best.

Lucrezia tries to focus on that memory instead of what's happening to her right now.

4,801 to 4,850 of 26,346 << first < prev | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.