Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


4,601 to 4,650 of 26,346 << first < prev | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | next > last >>

Female NPC, Halfling

Fiosa giggles, along with Lucrezia, "Ohhhh she does."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19
Lucrezia Villanova wrote:
"But Andrea, I thought you liked your bosom pinched?" Lucrezia tried to keep an innocent expression on her face, but failed miserably and began to giggle.

Andrea smirks It depends on who is doing the pinching and how. I can show you the proper techniques from The Book of Joy later on.


Evil GM

To Orsino's dismay by the time he exits there are only few diehard stragglers waiting for his appearance. They ooh and aw with his late arrival but all the journalist have long departed. Perhaps the performance will make up for the the poor manners?


NPC, H/Elf

The troupe makes their way back to the temple and the others are there waiting for him.

"Greetings everyone."

JOHN:
I forgot to send the runner to your mentor, we can assume you received word and have come to the temple. Plus, you still need to do your weapon/armor shopping. What are you looking for?


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Oh god, I hope so.

Orsin, a little dismayed to see so few remaining, does his best to salvage the situation. He continues with the others when its time to go, but does his best to greet and weakly smile to those dedicated enough to wait for him. He curses Thelsing in his mind, vacuously looking for someone to blame.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea will accompany the others back to the safehouse and help herself to a refreshing ale, washing away the heat of the stuffy opera house. Greetings. I believe we will be presented with another city improving oppurtuniry?


NPC, H/Elf

"Right you are. We may have found a way to grab the night back form the creatures that roam so freely." Arael exclaims. "This is Ailyn Ghontasavos, she travels from Absalom and she is a Pathfinder."

Know Local rolls.


Male Half-Elf Rogue (Trapsmith) 4 Fame 3 HP 28/28 Init +8 AC 19 Touch 14 Flat 15 Fort +1, Ref +8, Will +3 (+2 vs Ench) Perc +14/convo-hidden +18/traps +22

Know Local: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Interesting. Don't know if I can remember that last name though.

Greetings and welcome to Westcrown


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

local 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Know-Local: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

Hmm.. Welcome to Westcrown, I don't believe I have heard of you .

Andrea looks at Areal. This does come at a good time, we have been discussing about making an attempt to slay or even capture a shadowbeast
I believe the Missepe's still have their bounty on them and if we can get a corpse, it would be an excllent moral booster to the city.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin's ears perk at the news that Ailyn is a Pathfinder. He offers a friendly nod, "Hello again, Lady Ghontasavos. You failed to mention your esteemed credential when we met last."


Evil GM

Anyone getting a DC10 or higher:
You know the city has a long closed down and rumored heavily locked Pathfinder's lodge, known as Delveheven. It was forcibly closed decades ago House of Thrune loyalists, even before Aroden's death.

"Andrea, we met briefly before at the Lord Missepe's party for your group, or at least we were all together at the same event." She bows low to you.

"I've spent several years researching the rise of the House of Thrune and I think I can link the shadow beasts, and that proof was discovered while doing some research on the old Delvehaven Lodge. Unfortunately, I've hit a dead ends, and the answer may lie inside Delvehaven itself."

She spend a few moments to let the news sink in then proceeds, "I can't enter the lodge myself, as it is not officially sanctioned, but I'm sort of freelancing right now. However, if an independent group could find a way in ... say to combat the shadow beast legacy, we may be able to work together."


Evil GM

She smiles at Orsin, "yes, that was the last dead end that I hit. Yhe Thrune simply rewrite or tear out the history from books when they chose to change it."


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

"That sounds promising. What exactly do you suggest?"


Evil GM

"Well you can't just go waltzing in the lodge, it is trapped, warded, deadly and only Thrune knows what lurks there now. Even with a skilled Trapsmith," she nods at Tweaker. [b]"You may get by a few trick and magic but some alarm would eventually trigger and that would bring the Rack down on you, to say the least."

She goes and helps herself to goblet of wine tasting the vintage. "The keys to those locks reside in one place - Aberian's Folly - yes, the mayor's home." She lets out a long breath "Inside the mayor's home, Aberian's Folly, will be a complex puzzle box known as a Chelish Crux, and that is likely contained in the Mayor's vault a place known as, the Asmodean Knot.


Evil GM

"Is it possible to sneak into Aberian's Folly?" She shrugs and grimaces "Possibly but not without much casualty." She smiles at Orsin, But that is way I wanted to see your performance because Janiven has come up with a better method....er, we think."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea doesn't look pleased. This sounds like some cruel joke; we need to complete some horribly complex series of events before we can get an item that allows us into the next series of horribly complex events.

Those who play video games no doubt knows what I am talking about.


NPC, H/Elf

"I'm not going to lie to anyone, this is a hard event but the payoff if successful is rewarding...We've never been so close to an answer. If that answer helps us free the night..." he trails off.


Male Half-Elf Rogue (Trapsmith) 4 Fame 3 HP 28/28 Init +8 AC 19 Touch 14 Flat 15 Fort +1, Ref +8, Will +3 (+2 vs Ench) Perc +14/convo-hidden +18/traps +22

This sounds bad. Looks like they want to use Orsin abilities and only one show is a sure audience grabber from reading his research posts makes this sound bad.

So Orsin is the key to pulling this heist off?


Evil GM

Janiven steps in now and begins to explain the infiltration plan, May Arvanxi loves the theater...he was at the show this afternoon actually. His favorite type of plays are blood sport or murderplays. Sort of a kinky get off for him we think." She looks around the group.

"His favorite play in this genre is 'The Six Trials of Larazod", and as luck would have it, a very prominent director is coming into town in two days time to start his casting call. What makes this version different is its is the full uncut version which has not been performed for many years. The play is to take place at the newly renovated 'Nightshade Theater' on the nobles island, Parego Regicon."


Evil GM

"Actually everyone is the key to this heist...as you ALL will audition for roles in the play." She looks at the fearful trapsmith and then the dwarf's blank expression.

"The Mayor always invites the actors into his home for multi-day party if he enjoys a particular show, so you will have nearly unfettered access to his manor with his invitation."


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

"Wait, wait, wait for just a moment," Orsin says, his voice now regaining the strength and composure he demonstrated on the stage earlier in the afternoon. "I had heard rumors that the mayor fancied these 'suff plays', but do you mean to tell us he has a history of putting on these kinds of performances? Surely this can't be his first."


Male Half-Elf Rogue (Trapsmith) 4 Fame 3 HP 28/28 Init +8 AC 19 Touch 14 Flat 15 Fort +1, Ref +8, Will +3 (+2 vs Ench) Perc +14/convo-hidden +18/traps +22

Ummmmm...... I think there is a flaw in the plan. I try not to be noticed so being in a play sort of is the opposite of that. Isn't there another choice? Being a stage hand?


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Lucrezia is quite surprised at being told she's going to be auditioning for a play. "But I've never acted in a play before. Surely I wouldn't actually succeed in winning a role in any audition?"


Evil GM

"The Mayor will probably want you to come in costume, and those costumes have weapons so the guards are going to let you in with gear on!"

"The only real disadvantage is the nature of the play itself. It was once banned because of the violence and deaths that occur are very real and there were no...um, in the original ...version...survivors of the play. But...but it is typically performed by criminals or drunkards off the street, not trained combatants."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

While Orsin will no doubt be able to aquit himself well, I believe Duncan and John will end up rather lacking, no offense. My skills are rather lacking as well beyond 'Stand in one place and look pretty.'

Andrea sighs. These sorts of plays are perfectly fine with the other establishments? Plus just how deadly are the Six Trials? What sorts of danger will we be facing? No survivors indeed, but certainly onlookers no doubt went on and on about what happened.


Male Half-Elf Rogue (Trapsmith) 4 Fame 3 HP 28/28 Init +8 AC 19 Touch 14 Flat 15 Fort +1, Ref +8, Will +3 (+2 vs Ench) Perc +14/convo-hidden +18/traps +22

How does the director explain survivors? Or is it just no one survives because they all hack away at each other and the play doesn't say everyone dies?


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

"This is sick."

"It's a perversion of the theatre. I'm not saying I'm opposed to bloodsport, but it belongs in the arena, not the playhouse." Orsin seems to be unusually zealous on this matter. He's no stranger to violence, but there's something else that resonates poorly with him in this matter.

"Also, I've read the play. It's very poorly written."


Evil GM

"Traditionally only wretched, half-starved convicts have participated in the past, thus it's no small wonder that no one has yet survived the performance. The convicts probably couldn't act....you all have Orsin, who Can act. Certainly a well-armed and successful group of adventurers can do the play justice."

This play has not been here in decades, don't know of any onlookers."


Evil GM

"It may be poorly written but the stage is suppose to be fabulous and the special effects breath taking."


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

"Saying that I can act is a bit of an overstatement, really. I can sing in a costume on stage, but actually acting well is another matter entirely. Of course, from the sound of it, this play is more bloody spectacle than gripping narrative."

Orsin will pull Janiven aside when there's a free moment to ask her what she knows about the mayor's history with these murder plays. Likely, it will be after the group has come to a decision on how to proceed.


Evil GM

Yaz looks up "There's a difference Orsin?


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Another important matter is just what will we be able to bring with us into the play. If we can at leasts bring a modicum of our equipment then I am more agreeable but I will not hobble myself with wooden weapons and burdensome costumes.

Andrea looks quite serious about this. Dying in combat because you got involved in it is one thing, but putting oneself on the platter just so the Mayor can fondle himself watching us die is most certainly not. I'd rather we take our chances breaking into the manor while the Mayor is watching the play.


Evil GM

"Could you try to infiltrate Delvehaven but that is a death wish without the key. Maybe you can get in the Mayor's house but that is one of the largest houses in the city and you will likely get caught or worse. This is an open invitation and access to the house and the Mayor. Many questions could be answered with that type of access," Ailyn mentions.

"It's your decision."


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"Could those of us ignorant of the arts receive a summary of the play?"


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Without looking at Yaz Orsin replies, "Shut up."

"Well, we clearly aren't drunkards and convicts and there's little doubt that we can handle lethal danger better than most, so you must think we will all survive if you're seriously suggesting it."

"...you do think we'll survive, don't you Arael?"

The phrase "access to the mayor" echoes in the bard's thoughts.


NPC, H/Elf

"Of course, I think all of you will survive."


NPC, H/Elf

Arael looks up and begins with his summation, "The story is about a trial of Lazazod once a high ranking member of society that is accused of of conspiracy. He faces six tests or trials to prove his innocence."


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5
Arael wrote:
"Of course, I think all of you will survive."

"That's reason enough for me then. I'm in."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19
Orsino 'Orsin' Bessatte wrote:
Arael wrote:
"Of course, I think all of you will survive."
"That's reason enough for me then. I'm in."

Oy vey

How long will we have to prepare? Perhaps get crash courses in not making fools of ourselves on stage.


Human, NPC

"Well casting the at 10am the day after tomorrow at the Limehouse Theater. Perhaps, Orsin can help out with the crash course?"


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"Will we need costumes too? How should we dress?"


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

"I'll do what I can, but stagecraft is an art that is difficult to master. Fortunately, it's also easy to imitate." A wry smile plays across the bard's face.

He pulls Janiven aside for a moment. "Janiven, please, the question I'm about to ask you is incredibly important to me and I need to know the full truth of it. Does the mayor have a history of putting on these sorts of murder plays?" His eyes stare straight into Janiven's unflinchingly.


Human, NPC

"They give the costumes. The director, Robahl Nonon is calling for real adventurers over established actors, so look the part go in gear." Janiven looks at Orsin, "I heard today that performer's circuit is quite upset."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea sighs. Very well, let us make the attempt, but I want to find out as much about this play as possible. A script, perhaps a chance to sneak into the theatre and see what we will be facing..


Male Half-Elf Rogue (Trapsmith) 4 Fame 3 HP 28/28 Init +8 AC 19 Touch 14 Flat 15 Fort +1, Ref +8, Will +3 (+2 vs Ench) Perc +14/convo-hidden +18/traps +22

Read discussion before all this as was dealing with final first day of school issues and my dinner

Tweaker is almost in a panic. He is twisting his hands and looking like he is trying to decide if it is time to leave and go his separate way from the group. Being put on display for a noble's thank you was one thing but to actually be paraded upon a stage of blood and gore for others amusement doesn't strike him as keeping a low profile.

Why would I be needed? Sounds easy enough for them without me. Traps and dim light are my things.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea puts her hand on Tweaker's. Your skills could indeed very very helpful. As I said, if we can sneak in and see what this play will be about we can be at an advantage. If they plan on throwing us to the lions, we can drug their meat.


Human, NPC

Several sets of eyes turn to Tweaker then Janiven responds, "Did you miss the comments on traps, the puzzle-box known as a Chelish Crux? There should be plenty of traps requiring your services." Her hands raised upward.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

I think Tweaker is more worried about going up on stage for this. Although your skills could be very useful depending on what threats we face.


Human, NPC

"You will go to the casting call together and its at the Limehouse theater, the director owns the place and that's where the practices will take place.

4,601 to 4,650 of 26,346 << first < prev | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.