Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


4,101 to 4,150 of 26,346 << first < prev | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | next > last >>

Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

Will: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

I'm assuming that the iron holy symbol is Asmodeus' since we werre told that Pal was a cleric of Asmodeus.

John will take the holy symbol assuming that it is Asmodeus'.


Evil GM

Andrea you read the notes in the chest and realize its a detailed list of crimes committed and loot taken from the locations:

The gems have a value of 700 GP (there is a 100GP pearl and 100GP diamond in those gems)

The jewery has 1130 GP value, (there are two nice rubby pendent worth 200GP, a jade brooch worth 250GP) and two signet rings (House Grulios and House Missepe) The young noble would ask for his ring back.

You are clueless regarding the weapons.

You do know the weaponmith that died recently, you heard that story from Arael, was with out hier and these weapons are from his shop.

The gems and jewerly match up to the ledger and the shop keepers that were robbed.


Male Half-Elf Rogue (Trapsmith) 4 Fame 3 HP 28/28 Init +8 AC 19 Touch 14 Flat 15 Fort +1, Ref +8, Will +3 (+2 vs Ench) Perc +14/convo-hidden +18/traps +22

Why else barricade the place? I am confused on your question.


Evil GM

John that is correct and you take the full damage from his channel 6 HP.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19
Orsino 'Orsin' Bessatte wrote:

"'Check the other passages'? You don't mean to say that we're staying the night in this place?"

Orsin absentmindedly casts detect magic on the pile of items that have been so lovingly gathered by Andrea.

Well it is almost dark, we can't very well stay at the inn that we got thrown out of. I don't think we would be able to make it back in time. Plus we have all this lovely treasure.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Lucrezia continues talking to Andrea while they work. "I've seen you hanging out at the Mermaid's Grotto a fair amount. That where they nabbed that young noble fellow and his guardsman. Got me there as well. I just happened to walk outside at the wrong time. Guess they didn't want to leave any witnesses."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19
Tweaker wrote:
Why else barricade the place? I am confused on your question.

Were you asking me? To Orsin, we are very far away from a good place to stay due to night falling.


Evil GM
Tweaker wrote:
Why else barricade the place? I am confused on your question.

You must be tired because youe eyes are failing yoru appraise ability. You do know the weapons are masterwork in qulaity and the jeweled short sword ahs 300GP Ruby in the hilt.

FYI, you can't walk the street in westcrown at night there are shadow bests that prey in the evening unless its a well lit street. This in not lt well.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19
Lucrezia Villanova wrote:
Lucrezia continues talking to Andrea while they work. "I've seen you hanging out at the Mermaid's Grotto a fair amount. That where they nabbed that young noble fellow and his guardsman. Got me there as well. I just happened to walk outside at the wrong time. Guess they didn't want to leave any witnesses."

Yes, I have been there a few times. Tracy would know me best. I guess we can return the signet rings so the noble families can mourn for their dead sons.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin glaces around at the squalor of the chamber the group is in, his upper lip curling in disgust. He releases a tiny sigh as he sheathes his sword, knowing that they're in for the night. The blade, still slick with tiefling blood, squelches a little as it enters the scabbard.

Orsin makes a mental note to get the longsword serviced at Gruum's the following day.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

"You don't think we will have an issue with that fire devil again do you?"


Human, NPC

'Well, Lucrezia this is the Brotherhood of Westcrown that I mentioned briefly in our cage." She extends her hand. Then turns to Tweaker, ""I'm sorry, I'm Janiven...you are? how did you get here?"

The Missepe noble grins, "So that rumor is true then there is a brotherhood of Westcrown...damn proud ot meet you."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19
John Deos wrote:
"You don't think we will have an issue with that fire devil again do you?"

I don't know. We have no idea if it was connected to the Bastards.


Male Half-Elf Rogue (Trapsmith) 4 Fame 3 HP 28/28 Init +8 AC 19 Touch 14 Flat 15 Fort +1, Ref +8, Will +3 (+2 vs Ench) Perc +14/convo-hidden +18/traps +22

I was addressing Orsin but was doing so without directing my comments. Tweaker is thinking about other things and just sort of spoke his mind.

Andrea, I was speaking about the question for staying the night. Sorry, I was thinking about other things. I am not good with determining the value of things. Traps is what I am good at so was not thinking when I spoke.

Sorry if I offended anyone. I was not thinking about what I said. I am told that is a bad habit of mine.

Tweaker sort of withdraws into himself and just helps the party as they need him to.


Human, NPC

"You know, the teiflings have this place pretty well protected as hideout...I doubt anyone or thing will bother us here, espeically baracaded inside."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea examines the notes that were on the desk


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"Are we barricading ourselves in this room or is there another door down the hall that would be better?"


Human, NPC

Janiven looks at the noble, "Yes, the Brotherhood exists...will we have a problem with any authorities?"

The young noble laughs at her suggestion, "No problem from me or my family, he points towards the Grulios noble...that family has been looking for him and they get along very well with my family. You will have no problem and perhaps we can help one another." He pauses,"its good to have all kinds of friends."


Human, NPC
Lucrezia Villanova wrote:
"Are we barricading ourselves in this room or is there another door down the hall that would be better?"

The temple upstairs is the only door we saw. But there are other stairs we ran by to get here."


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"Well then, I guess I'll check the other room for blankets and such before we hole up in this room for the night." Lucrezia goes out into the room they just came from and grabs whatever blankets and bedding she can see.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

YE DAMN KILL STEALING THIEVES! Next time I announce I I'm killing someone, ye let me dam well do it! An I'll point out I STILL KILT THE WIZARD, while stuck to the Damn floor and John and Ermolos git over here and give me a damn hand. I call it on the breastplate too. I kilt the most o anybody so I get Firsties I tell ye!

The Dwarf, who had been strangely silent till now gave vent to his fury. He started using his Cesti to begin damaging the goop, though in truth he was quite relived the fight was over. He was out of Judgements, spells and Smites. Spent.

Wasp, can ye help the other Noble boy?


Evil GM

The notes on the desk are in infernal. There is a request for more skeletal wolves to protect the hide out. there is a second note that is penned asking why "the Council" won't grant a meeting.

The note on the floor reads:

"Palaveen- while we appreciate the work of the Bastards, the Council never intended this association to be anything more than that. We shouldn't need to remind you that if your tiring applications continue, we'll need to solve this problem in a manner less concerned with your continued good health"


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

John will follow Lucrezia to make sure that she doesn't get into any unexpected trouble, and to help.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Lucrezia sees a half-elf man who wields a longbow and a halfling woman
in the room you were caged in appearing to be keeping watch.

These are Shinon and Fiosa who accompanied the group.

Both nod as you search for blankets.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Lucrezia sees a half-elf man who wields a longbow and a halfling woman
in the room you were caged in appearing to be keeping watch.

These are Shinon and Fiosa who accompanied the group.

Both nod as you search for blankets.


Male Half-Elf Rogue (Trapsmith) 4 Fame 3 HP 28/28 Init +8 AC 19 Touch 14 Flat 15 Fort +1, Ref +8, Will +3 (+2 vs Ench) Perc +14/convo-hidden +18/traps +22

Tweaker will assist getting the dead noble out and preparing him in something that will allow him to be moved without the family having to see the body unless they wish to.

Kill stealing? I know what gold stealing and such is but what do you get with kill stealing?

Tweaker moves over to Andrea and asks quietly Ma'am? What is firsties? Why is he upset? He seems more mad now than when the bad people were hitting him


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea leaps into the air as Duncan starts yelling.

I'm sorry, he died due to the negative energy the tielfing cleric was using. I was too far away to help.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19
Tweaker wrote:

Tweaker will assist getting the dead noble out and preparing him in something that will allow him to be moved without the family having to see the body unless they wish to.

Kill stealing? I know what gold stealing and such is but what do you get with kill stealing?

Tweaker moves over to Andrea and asks quietly Ma'am? What is firsties? Why is he upset? He seems more mad now than when the bad people were hitting him

Firsties is first claim on loot gained through combat. Duncan is rather insistant on things, like killinh targets, hopefully you will get used to him.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"Thanks for help big guy, you got a name?" Lucrezia addresses the question to the armored man helping gather up bedding.

Lucrezia will take whatever she finds into the other room along with anything that looks like it will useful in barricading the door.


Evil GM

Andrea's your detect magic reveals the following items:

Palaveen breastplate

the morning star

the sorcerer's short sword

the scroll - with Orsin's read magic. They are arcane: shocking grasp, bane, shield, remove fear

4 potions

2 wands


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin uses read magic to decipher the contents of the scroll.


Male Half-Elf Rogue (Trapsmith) 4 Fame 3 HP 28/28 Init +8 AC 19 Touch 14 Flat 15 Fort +1, Ref +8, Will +3 (+2 vs Ench) Perc +14/convo-hidden +18/traps +22

Tweaker blushes at Andrea. Sorry about that. I haven't done things with a group often. Gruffness it sounds like. Seems like it fits him. Will leave you be now and thank you again for being patient.

Tweaker states he is able to help whoever needs it.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea nods and continues helping sort items, secure the place for rest and other duties. After everyone gets ready for rest, she curls up in a bed with the halfing woman and falls into a deep sleep.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

"My name is John"


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

He doesn't talk much, but he hits things very well.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin lays his body down on the floor and places his backpack behind his head. He snorts a little as he begins to fall into a deep, restful sleep.


Arrrooooooo. *scratch scratch*


Male Half-Elf Rogue (Trapsmith) 4 Fame 3 HP 28/28 Init +8 AC 19 Touch 14 Flat 15 Fort +1, Ref +8, Will +3 (+2 vs Ench) Perc +14/convo-hidden +18/traps +22

Go away. People are sleeping.

Scared out of skin: 1d20 + 18 - 10 ⇒ (11) + 18 - 10 = 19

Tweaker is startled awake and is almost in a panic before he remembers where he is. He makes sure to have his bow ready and that there is some sort of light handy.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Grumbling as he breaks himself out, Duncan heads over and tries to ID the magics and quality of the breastplate.
Detect Magic+Spellcraft1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

If any gear be better than yer own, start sorting yeselfs out. That devil might be back tonight. I'll take first watch.

Duncan barridaes the door with anything that isn't nailed down and continually renews his light spell.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Zzzz Snort...Zzzzzzzz

Stop snoring Andrea

*snort...Chocolate cake..


Evil GM
Duncan Redhammer wrote:

Grumbling as he breaks himself out, Duncan heads over and tries to ID the magics and quality of the breastplate.

Detect Magic+Spellcraft1d20+9

If any gear be better than yer own, start sorting yeselfs out. That devil might be back tonight. I'll take first watch.

Duncan barridaes the door with anything that isn't nailed down and continually renews his light spell.

Did you make those two Will Saves? How far down were you on your HP at the end of the battle?

As you study the breastplate you see it is a fine piece of equipment, it does have a large Asmodeus insignia on the chest which you figure will take several days of solid work to reshape.

John hands would naturally be drawn to the breastplate which is an honor to his deity. Obviously, Asmodeus found its last owner unfit to wear.

The aura is a faint abjuration.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Lucrezia assists Duncan with arranging a barricade in front of the door. "Wake me up for second watch."


Human, NPC

The watches go by uneventfully.

The next morning, Janiven, will sit with Lucrezia and Tweaker and and discuss the Brotherhood of Westcrown in more depth. She explains that a half-elf by the name of Arael and herself founded a small group of like-minded people who are dedicated in helping to improve the lives of the residents of Westcrown. She is hesistant to discuss rebelion or rioting as she knows that unlawful behavior will draw the attention of the Hellknights known as the Rack, whose purpose it is to squelch unrest.

However, she does discuss the need to weed out some of the government corruption, both bureaucratically and in the dottari (police). A big concern is that Westcrown is not like other urban areas where the people are free to walk the streets at any hour of the day. Westcrown's nights are not safe; it is common knowledge that the shadow beasts roams freely after dark. This is a concept that is not correct in her mind.

She says, "Our support is growing, there is REAL change in the air." She smiles broadly and motions towards the sleeping group, "The city owes alot to those folks...even though their personalities and styles clash at times, their hearts are in the right place. They are dedicated to the cause and each would willing die for it."

She hesitates the continues, 'Lucrezia we met under unusual ...er, um...situation but adversity has shown me that you wouldbe a welcomed addition...that is if it is something you would consider."

Next she turns to Tweaker, "You have an interesting skill set that we could use. I don't know you well but I would like you to think about joining us too."


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"I can tell you that the navy has its own problems of corruption as well. Its how I lost my job and now my own family doesn't want anything to do with me 'cause they think I'm the one that has disgraced them. What I'd really like would be to clear my name, but I suppose I would settle for at least helping to ensure no one else's life gets ruined due to corrupt officals. I think I'd like to help you folks out with your mission."


Male NPC, Human Warrior1, Fighter1

"So what are we doing wtih all the bodies?"

Ermolos then says, "Well does anyone want to give me hand in retrieving the headless guy in the pit... he deserves a better resting spot." He looks at Tweaker like its partially his responsiblity for the pit trap. "I assume the body belongs to the head that was given to us."

The noble Trent Missepe jumps to his feet to help out.


Human, NPC

"Arael and the others will be happy to have your help. The navy's loss is our gain.'


Female NPC, Halfling

Fiosa sitting eating a bit of breakfast with Andrea, John and Shinon admits,'I've never been so scared in my life...don't know how you do this all the time. I..I..i mean its dangerous ....really dangerous, not the romantic story stuff wither." her eyes big now, It's exciting but at any moment death lurks...I..I..I need more guidance.


Evil GM

Shinon comes over to Janiven and the two new faces, "I'm
Shinon by the way,
...he does not extend a hand though. He seems a bit reserved.

"I need to take the Grulios noble back to his family for, his sister is worried to death and asked that I try to find him." His eyes down, "I'll be gone for a few days at least...maybe longer, a few things to do and think about." He is almost embarrassed to say it, "The matron of the House Grulios has an advisor that...um...er I sort of..." blushing a bit, "Well, I don't want to say anything else!" He turns around and repacks his gear for the fifth time.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

I passed 1 ref and missed the other. I easily made the Will save vs Color Spray. Duncan has crazy high saves between Strong Fort and Will base saves, +5 racial vs Magic and Poison AND His knowledgeable Defense bonus when he ID's a hostile spell. So I treatedDuncan as stuck and after combat just attacked it till it broke

Duncan is a bit annoyed at the symbol of Asmodeus but wasn't, so stubborn as to not upgrade his defences. "One Goal, ANY weapon." Was a common saying among inquisitors.
In the morning he Dons the breastplate, breathing an apology to his Emphryal Lord, Ragathiel.
Metaame - assuming +1 Breastplate for char sheet? Or Agile Breastplate?

He looks at Lucresia and Andrea. The two a ye should consider me Chainmail and the other breastplate from that Tiefling. We only gonna get 1/2 value from Grumm. The man's gonna skin me when e sees me. Let's make sure we strip this place clean. Still gotta pay fer bringing that guard back.


Evil GM

Lucrezia there is scraggy dog that made his way into the cavern after Andrea went to check on it. He brings you a bone of his, granted it looks like a tibia bone, but he is friendly enough.

4,101 to 4,150 of 26,346 << first < prev | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.