Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


351 to 400 of 26,346 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Evil GM
Kenji Masada wrote:

Kenji goes over the contents of the box carefully.

Appraise on book:1d20+1

Taking ten on the bars for a total of 11 Appraise

Appraise on Coins:1d20+1

Appraise on the box:1d20+1

I shrug and shut the box tucking in into my rather empty pack.
"We move soon. Befor more knights or bakemono come."

He will ask others to examine the box once we are sure we are safe. He's not hoarding it. Oh I at least know whats up with the bars.

The dice Gods were not with you last night with your checks.

The 7 Iron Trade Bars are market with the Sky Citadel's dwarven markings. Each is bar is worth 20 GP.

The remainder looks foreign to your foreign eyes.


Evil GM

You have been in the sewers long enough now to realize there is pattern that is emerging with the junctions, they are coming around approximately every 90 to 120 feet. The next junction that occurs happens to be four way crossroads. There is a 12 inch plank across the sewage trench in your immediate direction. DC10 acrobatics or long jump check. Currently the sewage and trench is on your left hand side.

Then across the way, there is a wider 2 foot crossing. No skill check is required.

The left hand corner has a larger area where pipes are running from on the wall. There is a larger cesspit in the middle of the intersection where the drainage is flowing into. The sound of running water is continuous.

There are no markings on the corner of the wall that is closest to you. However, if you turn right at the intersection there is a doorway that is 15 feet away. It's an oak door that covers the same archway design as the other two doors you have seen.

What are you all doing?


Male Human(Minkakian) Martial Artist lvl 2 (Int +4) (AC17)

I am following the leader wherever he may go.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Indeed. Shinon can't really see anything, so he is following Andrea, probably occasionally brushing her shoulder with his hand to make sure she's still directly in front of him.


Human, NPC

Janiven whisper in Shinon's ear, " A few should go check out the room...just in case, it is an access or there is potential threat.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon startles at the human woman's proximity. Her hot breath on his ear sent a shiver of both confusion and alarm up his spine. He quickly spun around backed away from her, almost falling into Andrea. "R-right," Shinon muttered after he was a safe 10 feet away from her. "Alright. Hey, guys, let's go examine that room. There might be a way out. But there could also be a threat...John? Would you mind opening the door? I'll cover you with my bow."

Shinon walks over to the door and slowly draws his bow. He takes a deep breath and reaches shakily for an arrow, readying an action to fire into the room if he sees an enemy.


Shinon is so uncomfortable from Janiven's actions that I will actually be applying the shaken condition to him for the next 5 rounds while he tries to get ahold of himself. With that in mind (and the fact that Shinon would be shooting through an allies's square) here is the to-hit of his potential attack.

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Perhaps Duncan and John could go since Duncan needs no light and can peer into the room without alerting anything to his position

When the party next has some light, and she is able to, Andrea will take out a sheet of paper, ink and inkpen and draw a small map of where they have been.


Male Dwarf Warrior 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Duncan moves to Andrea. Take out a dagger or something girl. I'll cast a light on it an you cover it with yer slip. I'll look in in the dark. If something happens, bring the light out.

Duncan casts light under the material when Andrea is ready.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea pulls out a coin that can be hidden in her purse.


Evil GM

The door 15 feet down from the intersection is made of thick stained Oak, crafted with beams and iron framework, there is lever handle to operate the door mechanics.

Can everyone provide an order as to who is near the doorway? Is anyone guarding the flank near the intersection? Who ever is guarding the rear needs to make a perception check.

Shinon nothing like let getting the willies when you are on edge.


Evil GM

Since you guys are lost in the tunnel the boy, Morosino, slips bck to walk next to Janiven, for the marching Order. With that change the order looks like this:

Duncan
Andrea
John
Shinon
Morosino, the boy
Janiven
Kenji

Is this ok with the group?


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

"I'm ready, lead the way." John says to Duncan. When he gets to the door John will listen for anything on the other side.
Perception1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

I believe Duncan and John are heading up to the door. Andrea stays where she is and keeps against the wall.


Evil GM

John

John's Perception:
You hear the sound of splashing and a rhythmic clink, clink, clink, clink, clink. It is a smooth sound and steady.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

"It sounds like there is some kind of machine in there." John mentions to Duncan. John then opens the door.


Evil GM

Insdie the room you see a 30 by 30 room filled with a large cesspit and a mechanical wheel that is spinning using hydraulics. The walls are covered with the similar mold tht ws found in the goblins lair.

Lining the back wall is rack with a few assorted tools, pick-fork, hoe and shovel, only the shovel looks usable.


Human, NPC

The remaing folks near the intersection (Kenji and Shinon need a perception)

perception Janiven: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
perception boy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


Male Dwarf Warrior 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Some sorta flow drive. Bring yer light girl. There may be some stairs up or an exit.

Perception1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14


Evil GM

Andrea, John and Duncan you do not see anything resembling stairs. There is a side ledge about 2 feet below the water line in the cesspit. The wheel is large, hydraulic and seems to be moving the sewage underground. Perhaps towards open water.

The tools are broken, except for the shovel


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Why do I have the feeling that we are going to be crossing that ledge? The hellknights might be more preferable." Andrea shines her light around the room and marks her crude map.


Male Human(Minkakian) Martial Artist lvl 2 (Int +4) (AC17)

I follow the others. Once in the room with the machine I look at it and the pool. "Sewer may be home if we not find a way out soon. I take a brief look. Taking 10 on perception for a total of 17


Evil GM

Kenji you hear the clink of armor echoing and heavy boots tramping on the ground ...very near.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Well it looks like we will have to turn around and cross some boards.


Male Dwarf Warrior 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

The waste exit line will head out. We could follow it but the exit end could be grated or too narrow.


NPC

There a are voices of confusion, arguing coming down from the sewer tunnel. The voices are getting closer and are coming from the left tunnel. Suddenly, there are three knight armigers appearing from another jucture.

John, Andrea and Duncan do not see this as they are in the pump room, and are not involved the frist round of action.

Initiative time:

Armiger1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Arminger2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Arminger3: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

kenji: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
shinon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Janiven: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Rd2: John, Andre and Duncan can join the fun

John: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Duncan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Andrea: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9


Evil GM

Here is the initiative Order

Armiger 3
Janiven
Kenji
Shinon

Rd 2 add
Andrea
Duncan
John


NPC

Armiger 3 stops short noticing the criminals on the other sideof hte sewage tunnel. He is roughly 30 feet away and standing near the 2 foot wide plank ridge. He quickly calls to arms and shots:

1=Janiven
2=boy
3=kenji
4= Shinon

attack on: 1d4 ⇒ 4

He aims and shoots at Shinon. Shinon: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Because of his hurried action he was unable to get a good aim, and his bolt twngs off the tunnel wall.

The men are dressed in Chain Shirts, helmets, heavy boots, long swords, crossbows.

Remember that Armiger's are HellKnights in training.


Human, NPC

Janiven pulls her bow and takes aim shooting at Arminger 3, the one who just shot.

Janiven's Bow: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 191d8 ⇒ 6striking the Armiger cleanly with a loud thud.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon will let loose an arrow on one of the knights, catching him off-guard.


Shinon attacks Armiger 2, who will be flat-footed against his attack.

Shinon is still shaken (4 rounds left)

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


Evil GM

Note that because the route of travel is not direct to get to the enemy any one who wants to cross the first plank needs an Acrobatic check DC10. There are 15 foot of planks and it is careful movement, 3/4 speed, if you want to increase the speed add 2 to the DC check for normal speed.

The second bridge does not require a skill check. Armiger 3 is at the other end of the second bridge (another 15 feet away) Arminger 2 and 1 are 5 feet behind Arminger 3.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea grits her teeth and pulls out her light crossbow, debating on using a spell before deciding to load in a blot.

1.Move action to pull out crossbow and load it I believe.


Male Human(Minkakian) Martial Artist lvl 2 (Int +4) (AC17)

What are my options?


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Well you could move to block them from advancing until Duncan and Joe move to get in front, perhaps try to knock one into the sludge or beat one down. I seem to recall you were at the back with the others


Male Human(Minkakian) Martial Artist lvl 2 (Int +4) (AC17)

As best I can tell I am not close enough to engage but I have the best chance of crossing the plank.

Acrobatics:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

I move up to the second plank and hold a defensive stance. +2 to my AC.
I turn to the others. This is a dumb move but Kenji doesn't know how good these guys are. "Run! I hold'em here! You get to safety!" I stand valiantly ready to hold off the enemy.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Kenji, don't die when you don't have to. Get back here.


NPC

Armiger #1 shots at Kenji with his light crossbow.

Arminger2 shooting at Kenji: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 121d8 ⇒ 8

His hurried shot misses the nimble man.

Armiger # 2 shoots at 1d4 ⇒ 4 at Shinon

Shooting at Shinon: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 151d8 ⇒ 8

With bullsese accruacy the bolt peirces Shinon's flesh.

Both #1 use their move action to reload, #2 is pulling a small vial.


Evil GM

Rd 1 Recap

As John, Andrea and Duncan take a quick look around the pump room, the remaining members of the party are engaged by Hellknight Armiger's (Hellknights in training) at the the fourway sewer juncture.

Armiger #3 shot at Shinon but missed with his bolt.

janiven shot at #3 and hit him squarely with an arrow.

Kenji nimbly crossed the narrow plank to hold off the enemy. He took up a defensive stance.

Shinon shot at #2 and wounds him wiht an arrow.

Armiger #1 shot at the defensive Kenji but missed.

Armiger #2 shot at Shinon and hit for 8 pts of damage.

Armiger #1 is reloading.
Armiger #2 and 3 are pulling out small bottles.


NPC

The knight at the end of the plank walk way quickly drinks something, then reloads.

DM ONLY:
Cure potion1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Here is the initiative Order

Armiger 3 -drank potion, reloading
Janiven shooting at #1 armiger but missed
Kenji
Shinon

Rd 2 added
Andrea
Duncan
John


Human, NPC

Janiven steadies her bow and twangs an arrow towards Armiger #1,

janiven shooting at Arm1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 81d8 ⇒ 4 but misses with her shot.

By the way, there is a blazing torch that has been dropped by one of the Armigers. So lighting is not an issue.


NPC

"By Order of the Rack, we command you to stop this combat and lay down your arms. You are all under arrest for conspiracy to commit High Treason and unlawfully engaging in combat with the Order of the Rack."


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon takes a crossbow bolt hard to the chest. Staggering, his earlier hesitation vanishes and he looks up with fire in his eyes. "Better watch out, because I'm serious now," he says to the Armiger coldly, his voice dripping with venom.

Blood starts to leak from his chest and it's obvious to any onlooker that one more attack like that and Shinon will be down for the count.

Shinon knocks an arrow and aims right for the Armiger's head, between the eyes. He lets it fly.

Yeah, 8 points is enough for Shinon to get over his earlier flustering, so he is no longer shaken. He's gonna own this guy.

Attacking the Armiger who damaged him:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


NPC

Arminger #2 takes an arrow to his gut and doubles over onto the ground, slumping.

DM only:
Heal: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21He stablizes

Anyone who cares to make a perception check can do so.


NPC

Kenji's action comes before this action.

Arminger #1, turns his bow on Kenji and fires.

Shot at Kenji: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 171d8 ⇒ 1 I believe he misses since Kenji took a defensive stance adding +2 to his AC.

His remaining movement is to reload.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon's Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Shinon narrows his eyes and glares at the two remaining Armigers. "Who else wants some?" he asks, dropping his bow and drawing a potion, popping the top off the vial and downing it in one gulp.

Free action to drop the bow, move action to draw the potion, standard action to drink it.

Healed for: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Obviously, this doesn't happen until Shinon's next initiative. If Shinon's hit points drop below 0 before then, stabilization check:

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10


Evil GM

Shinon you certainly hear more boots running towards on the ground. The sound is coming from beyond the direction that Duncan, John and Andrea are located.

Shinon your actions are noted for the next initaitive.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

As stated Andrea Uses her time to pull out her light crossbow and load it which should take up her time for the round I believe. If I can shoot, I aim at #1 and fire

1. 1d20 ⇒ 201d8 ⇒ 3

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23


Evil GM

Andrea as you exit the hydraulic room, you catch a flicker of light in your right eye coming from down the tunnel...approximately 60 feet away. The sound of boots, chain rattling and a booming voice, "There they are! STOP! in the name of Law. Throw down your weapons." three more armgers are approaching from your right side.

To your left comrades are engaged in ranged combat with a group of armigers.

I assumed during the surprise round that your party indicated there was trouble. So basically, the three of you were near the door. You can draw and load your crossbow, take a 5-ft step out of the room and fire. This format of gaming requires a lot of latitude and free roaming. I don't think anyone benefits for being absolute sticklers with this format. Yes you can shoot, just pick which side you are engaging. Also roll to confirm the critical hit with the light crossbow.

The folloing have not taken an action in RD2: Kenji, Duncan, John.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

We have threee more down this way! Duncan, John!

Andrea shoots at the Armiger #1 engaging Kenji and Shinon

critcheck: 1d20 ⇒ 9

*To Janiven* I take it that pliers and needles await those caught by the hellknights?


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

Hearing battle, John will put on his Tower Shield then exit the room and move in front of Andrea and the on coming armigers.


Male Human(Minkakian) Martial Artist lvl 2 (Int +4) (AC17)

On my turn, if I can I move forward to the nearest foe and jab.
Attack:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 For:1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Being in base contact with a foe gives any shooters a -4 to hit me or my foe. So unless the guy who shot at me has precise shot, he'd miss anyways.

If the above actions are not possible, Kenji takes a full round where he is and makes a full defense resulting in a +4 to AC.

"You not take any more heroes! You not defend own sity from monsters! You traitors!

351 to 400 of 26,346 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.