Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


3,851 to 3,900 of 26,346 << first < prev | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | next > last >>

Male Half-Elf Rogue (Trapsmith) 4 Fame 3 HP 28/28 Init +8 AC 19 Touch 14 Flat 15 Fort +1, Ref +8, Will +3 (+2 vs Ench) Perc +14/convo-hidden +18/traps +22

Tweaker sees them helping the armored man climbed and wondering if the water was a type of torture. He is impaled on spikes and not likely to be able to free himself. If rope passed to him then he points to a spike and then his leg and back.

Edit: I see the ability to climb but am I able to do so while spiked? And what negatives do I have?


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Oh LOL, we are ignoring the poor impaled man.

Andrea waves to John and starts pointing at the other person in the pit.

Edit: So after John gets the man unspiked he can help push him up the rope.


Evil GM

John certainly would have helped you unimpale yourself, he'd even give you a cure light.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Evil GM

Tweaker you are without armor, so not armor check penalties at all.


Male Half-Elf Rogue (Trapsmith) 4 Fame 3 HP 28/28 Init +8 AC 19 Touch 14 Flat 15 Fort +1, Ref +8, Will +3 (+2 vs Ench) Perc +14/convo-hidden +18/traps +22

Climb: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Climb: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Tweaker attempts to go slowly and pull himself up the rope after the man in armor helps him with some healing magic.

He thanks the group at the top when he reaches it and waits to say so to the armored man as well. He does move to a safe wall and slide down it.


Evil GM
Robbgobb wrote:

[dice=Climb]1d20 +5

Tweaker attempts to go slowly and pull himself up the rope after the man in armor helps him with some healing magic.

You make it the first part fo the way. Feel free to make your other checks together.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea lets the big strong men help them up


Male Half-Elf Rogue (Trapsmith) 4 Fame 3 HP 28/28 Init +8 AC 19 Touch 14 Flat 15 Fort +1, Ref +8, Will +3 (+2 vs Ench) Perc +14/convo-hidden +18/traps +22

I am getting in a hurry and realized that I would need 2 checks to get out of the 20 feet at half speed speed. I hit submit when I mean preview sometimes.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5
Andrea1 wrote:
Andrea lets the big strong men help them up

THANK YOU, Andrea. The group needs to know that I'm more than impeccably dressed and fabulously cultured. ;)


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Just feel those bulging muscles Fiosa. Don't you just want towrap yourself around him?


Evil GM
Tweaker wrote:
I am getting in a hurry and realized that I would need 2 checks to get out of the 20 feet at half speed speed. I hit submit when I mean preview sometimes.

sorry to be Debbie downer but climb is 1/4 your normal movement. CRB 90, so it will be a total of three checks to hit 20ft.


Male Half-Elf Rogue (Trapsmith) 4 Fame 3 HP 28/28 Init +8 AC 19 Touch 14 Flat 15 Fort +1, Ref +8, Will +3 (+2 vs Ench) Perc +14/convo-hidden +18/traps +22

I was always told half speed so never looked it up. Already learned something new.

Climb: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Climb: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


Evil GM

you are able to get up using the rope and the wall. Once out of the pit you have sound again, you are not deaf!


Male Half-Elf Rogue (Trapsmith) 4 Fame 3 HP 28/28 Init +8 AC 19 Touch 14 Flat 15 Fort +1, Ref +8, Will +3 (+2 vs Ench) Perc +14/convo-hidden +18/traps +22

Tweaker gives his thanks and does moves to a safe wall to slide down it.


Evil GM

You can see the carnage of three dead hellhounds nearby and through the door are several bodies of tieflings. One you recognize as a leader, he was a sorcerer by the name of Ostengo.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

"Andrea, perhaps you can see if he's alright?" Orsin offers, looking at the wet, bloodied half-elf.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea checks out the newcomer. Just who are you and why were you in that pit?
Andrea pulls out a CLW potion for the half-elf to drink if Orsin thinks he is OK.


Male Half-Elf Rogue (Trapsmith) 4 Fame 3 HP 28/28 Init +8 AC 19 Touch 14 Flat 15 Fort +1, Ref +8, Will +3 (+2 vs Ench) Perc +14/convo-hidden +18/traps +22

Name is Tweaker. Was hired to make traps for this place but was enslaved and forced to finish the job. The pit was the pay for finishing Tweaker slowly allows the healing potion to cover his lips and flow down his throat.

CLW potion: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

I feel much better now thank you though still sick. It is probably from being down in the pit and no food or drink. I know that you have the leader laying on the ground out there.

Tweaker leans back against the wall and rest.

I have the calendar and days of week for Golarion. Just not sure what day it is. Will wait for them to get John up before I offer them the information I have about the traps.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Well it looks like your lucky day. I am Andrea and I am here with my friends to finish off the Bastards for royally pissing us off Andrea looks over at the one laid out. The leader of The Bastards? Fellow named Pavleen? I heard that name once.


Male Half-Elf Rogue (Trapsmith) 4 Fame 3 HP 28/28 Init +8 AC 19 Touch 14 Flat 15 Fort +1, Ref +8, Will +3 (+2 vs Ench) Perc +14/convo-hidden +18/traps +22

Bastards? Who are they? I was just hired to help make their place secure against crime that was getting out of hand. They wanted burning hands trap on the front door and the pit trapsss here. I even suggested the silence spell to go over the false floor illusion. The one over there Tweaker points at the leader is the leader of the group. I don't remember names at the moment after being robbed and put to work.

Tweaker asks if there is more water or possibly some hard tack to chew on.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea gets a waterskin from the others and hands it to Tweaker. The Bastards of Erebus. A tiefling run gang that has been kidnapping and murdering nobles in westcrown. Andre also gets some hardtack or rations for Tweaker.


Male Half-Elf Rogue (Trapsmith) 4 Fame 3 HP 28/28 Init +8 AC 19 Touch 14 Flat 15 Fort +1, Ref +8, Will +3 (+2 vs Ench) Perc +14/convo-hidden +18/traps +22

I suspect that if they have anyone then it would be after these pit traps. I did not see much of the place as just been working here to get thrown in when they were done. Glad I did not suggest for them to poison the spikes. Tweaker tries to smile at the attempt at a joke but it looks more like a frown.

I will help however I can. I will be at a small disadvantage without my gear but should be able to help with some locks and possibly traps if you want my help. Thank you for all your group has done for me and that is all I can do to pay you back at the moment.

Am I fatigued or exhausted?


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea helps strip the 'mummy' of it's gear

tanglefoot bag, two potions of CLW, 1 potion of CMW, masterwork studded leather, masterwork dagger, simple thieve's tools

This will no doubt help for now until you get your gear back.

Checked the gear as 'borrowed by Tweaker'


Male Half-Elf Rogue (Trapsmith) 4 Fame 3 HP 28/28 Init +8 AC 19 Touch 14 Flat 15 Fort +1, Ref +8, Will +3 (+2 vs Ench) Perc +14/convo-hidden +18/traps +22

Thank you. The tools will be the greatest boon. Hope Tiny is ok. His tools for building traps were what I used. I will do what I can to be off help in a fight.

Tweaker cleans off the gore the best he can before donning the armor.

So I don't forget. Puts me at Ac 16/13/13 and damage +4 1d4+1. Will get that on profile later if gear is not found soon.


Male Dwarf Warrior 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Duncan puts his bow away and draws his bastard sword again. Let's get goin. We only got a few spells left an' the longer we wait the more prepared they are getting. John, get yeself sorted out an you an me in front. The sneak can check fer traps, then git outta me way. Ye ain't proper geared and I ain't gonna stop swinging ta look after ye. Ye can finish off any tieflings we drop.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Wouldn't your warhammer be more appropriate? A good solid thunk of a blunt object sounds much more satisfying. Or beat them down with your cestus! They utterly unworthy of staining your best blade with their blood!


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5
Andrea1 wrote:
Wouldn't your warhammer be more appropriate? A good solid thunk of a blunt object sounds much more satisfying. Or beat them down with your cestus! They utterly unworthy of staining your best blade with their blood!

Orsin affectionately crooks his arm around Andrea's and gently yanks on her to pull her out of her vengeful reverie. He addresses the priestess with relaxed sarcasm. "Calm down, Calistria. So long as we kill them, that's all that matters."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

I..er..I think I will need a nice nap and hot bath after this is over. Andrea looks ashamed of herself and the danger she has put Janiven in.


Male Half-Elf Rogue (Trapsmith) 4 Fame 3 HP 28/28 Init +8 AC 19 Touch 14 Flat 15 Fort +1, Ref +8, Will +3 (+2 vs Ench) Perc +14/convo-hidden +18/traps +22

Calistria? I didn't notice what type of priestess she was before. I have to concur that I could use a nap and bath. Who skin is this? I have not been called a sneak before. I am someone who enjoys working with traps. Just let me know when you are ready. About the pit traps. They are located at...

Tweaker shares his knowledge of the hallway. He awaits for everyone to get together and proceed. He continues to chew on the food while waiting though not eating much. Seems like he might have experienced not having food and water before.


Evil GM

Tweeker:
You know the dead tiefling whose gear you are wearing is one of the leaders - sort like a lieutenant. You did not meet the lead honcho yet- Palaveen; however, you did meet two other leaders - Vethamer, who is a sorcerer brother to the one laying dead, along with Dravaano the Digger. Digger is like a sergeant in command.

As far as the set up of the tunnel, you know there are various exits leading out of the tunnel which wrap around into a center core room. Those exits go into some of the buildings nearby, you trapped one of the buildings. Just keep verring right and the tunnel will end into a big room.


Evil GM

DM:
perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17

Lucrezia:
Janiven whispers, "Dogs stopped barking that's good news. When those tieflings start to take combat actions, I'm going to yell and scream that may draw some attention."

You see another two other tiefings head through the door to your left. You've counted the leader and four thugs, so far.

Make a perception check.


Male Dwarf Warrior 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

DM is awake. Yay!


Evil GM

As Tweaker leads the group through a side tunnel, it becomes clear that this is different construction. The walls and floor are roughly dug and not polished as before. About mid-way in tunnel there are stairs on the left leading up but he shakes his and points forwards where there is a sharp right hand turn. He waves Duncan to move up.

MAP SIDE TUNNEL HEADING NORTH

MAP HEADING EAST

Everyone can make a Perception check, including Lucrezia.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Baldwin:

Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

"Shall I yell my head off with you? Maybe throw something any bastard running by..." Lucrezia looks for anything to throw, like that rock they threw at them eariler.


Evil GM

Lucrezia:
You can see two tieflings take position near the tunnel opening. Another mummy looking tiefling is giving orders, "hit 'em with darkness first." He then pulls out wand and taps it on his palm.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Baldwin:
throwing anything I can find at them 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

As soon as it looks like they are casting with that wand, Lucrezia throws whatever she can find at them and yells as loudly as she can. "They have a wand of darkness! There are two m@#$%f%%^# tiefling bastards at the tunnel entrance."


Evil GM

Lucrezia:
Naturally, I did not make this easy for you as your hands are bound. Prior to your warning yell, you can make 3 Dex or Sleight of Hand checks DC14 to loosen the knot. If you fail can reroll. They are not paying attention to you yet. You do see a rock nearby and some of your gear is across the room.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Baldwin:
dex 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
dex 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
dex 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


Male Dwarf Warrior 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Perception1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


Evil GM

The tunnel the group is coming through is dark with no natural light. Other than Duncan a light source is needed. Towards the end of the tunnel it appears to be even darker.

Lucrezia:
You are able to loosen your knot arount your hands. Wiggling your fingers free finally. The tunnel's few torches have been extinguished and it is pitched dark. The area is eerily quiet, except for the sound of a few crossbows being loaded.

DM:
janiven's attempts to untie her knots.
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

She grimaces after the first attempt her hands hurting form the rope.
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
She eventually slips her knot too. Her human eyes unable to see far.


Evil GM

Duncan is unable to hear much other then squeeking chainmail which sounds like nails on a chalk board.

Any PC with over a DC15 Perception check:
An unknown female voice echoes through the darkness, "They have a wand of darkness! There are two m@#$%f%%^# tiefling bastards at the tunnel entrance."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Awake!

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Andrea squints as her gaze is blocked by the column of people ahead of her.

I heard a woman yell "They have a wand of darkness! There are two m@#$%f%%^# tiefling bastards at the tunnel entrance."


Human, NPC

"Orsin...Duncan ... John...wat...,<thud>

---
"Cut the wenches throats next time." a male's voice rumbles.

"Ye k'epye trapshut or else,"the deep voice growls at Lucrezia. You can barely make out the darker shadow given the lighting.


Male Dwarf Warrior 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Sounds Promising. John, Stay right by me side

Duncan casts Light and touches John behind him, both allowing the Humans to see and marking the big man as an anchor for the group. He Then moves down the tunnel Shield up and looking for an attack AC 21


Evil GM

John resembles the big locomotive coming through the dark tunnel.

Tell me if the marching order works.

Marching Order Map rounding south ben.

The Cooridinates are a bit messed up laying onto the Paizo map but you get the idea.


Evil GM

As the rescuers round the bend three bolts whiz by and two small balls of magical light hit.

bolt1 Duncan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 221d6 ⇒ 3
bolt2 John: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 181d6 ⇒ 2
bolt3 John: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 171d6 ⇒ 2

The first pierces the dwarves bicept.

The balls of energy strike John and Duncan.

MM Duncan: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
MM John: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Each causing pain.


Evil GM

Duncan you can see parts of four tieflings, three holding crossbows on either side of the tunnel. Two on your left, one on your right looking south down the tunnel. There is, also, another mummy looking tiefling in the rear with some cover for the wall. He has a wand but the glowingenergy came from his fingers.

John has less light and can only make out one figure in the dim light.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Marching order looks good to me Going to be out for lunch and stuff for a couple of hours so bot me as needed. Andrea will channel if Duncan,John and others get hit bad (2d6) 4 uses left)

If she gets melee'd, she will defensivly use Copycat (1 Mirror Image for 3 rounds 6uses) and fight with her mace

If she gets wounded she will drink a CLW potion (5 of them)


Evil GM

Init:

[tieflings: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Andrea: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (7) + 0 = 7
Fiosa: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1
Orsin: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8
Ermolos: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Lucrezia: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Duncan: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
John: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Shinon: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Janiven: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Tweaker: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Init Order:

Lucrezia
The Good Guys - Tiefling
Ermolos
Shinon
Andrea
Tweaker
Duncan
John
Janiven
Fiosa
Orsin

I will put the map up when more light in in the tunnel on John's move or if another light source is lit and brought forth.

NOTE: I orginally typed this Init out in the discussion thread, when I realized the error I copied and pasted it on the game thread but it reshuffled the Init order. I'm sticking my the original order in the discussion thread. I don't want to retype the order out.

3,851 to 3,900 of 26,346 << first < prev | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.