Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


3,801 to 3,850 of 26,346 << first < prev | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | next > last >>

Male Half-Elf Rogue (Trapsmith) 4 Fame 3 HP 28/28 Init +8 AC 19 Touch 14 Flat 15 Fort +1, Ref +8, Will +3 (+2 vs Ench) Perc +14/convo-hidden +18/traps +22

Tweaker turns his head at the flash of light and vibrations. Bet that hurt. Glad he didn't land on me. Would say hello but would do no good.

Tweaker closes his eyes and waits. He wonders if the armored guy was alone.

Looks like my character almost never got a chance to act.


Evil GM

The poor headless man has been thoroughly pressed into the impaling spikes.

On the brightside he has plenty of sharp weapons.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Did something happen? I don't hear John.


M Dog Guard

After the John's fall the hellhound in I8, moves up 10 feet and bites at Duncan.

smiting bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 201d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 2 = 10

The bite sinks in the dwarf. Two points is smite damage. As a chunk of hairy flesh is ripped from the stocky man's calf.


Evil GM

RD1 Crypt recap:

Initiative:

Orsin - send an ear peircing tune a the dog
Shinon - struck the dog with an arrow.
Andrea - made room for others to go bay.

Helldogs -The hellhound by the door missed his bite on John and was struck by the sone, an arrow and duncan's sword, it's dead.
one other heall bound took an action and bit Duncan for 10 HP of damage.

Duncan - opened hte door moved 10 feet and killed the hellhound in by the door.

John- moved in front of Duncan to attack the hellhound in I9, but triggered an hidden trap falling down 20 feet.

Fiosa - held, no room to move in.
Ermolos - moves up behind Duncan.

RD2:

Initiative:

Orsin - sing and hurts the dog in I( before it jumped down.

Shinon - missed shot at hellhound in I9.

Andrea - stepped up and converted bane spell to CLW. Giving Duncan 8 HP back.

Helldogs - the dog in K8 bites at Duncan doing 9 HP of damage; the dog in I9 took 2 HP of sonic damage and then leaped down into the pit wiht John and Tweaker. The dog in K8 was killed by Duncan.

Duncan - Killed the dog next to him. moved up to J8.

John

Fiosa - moves in front of Andrea and near the door.

Ermolos - creeps up another 5 ft, itching to jump the pit if the path clears.

RD2 Crypt Tunnel Map


Evil GM

RD2:

Shinon will fire at the hellhound in I9 with his bow.

Longbow: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 81d8 ⇒ 4
DEX check for Sring snapping DC10: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

His string dow not snap but arrow misses.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

I just need to make some healing spell scrolls. Duncan, switch with Ermolos so you can heal up with a potion.

Andrea sees that Duncan will not be able to get out of the way in time and 5' steps up and converts her Bane spell to Cure light wounds

CLW: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

"The entrance is still blocked and something's happened to John!"

Orsin launches another devastating aria at the fiendish hounds, aiming for the creature at I9.

Devastating aria: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 divided by 2 = 2 sonic damage.

Orsin curses at the weakness of his attacks. "There's no room to maneuver in here and I'm useless right now if I can't gut something!"


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Pull back Duncan! So we can more room to fight them!


M Dog Guard

Rd 2:

The dog in K8 bites at Duncan.

bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 231d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

it's used it smite already.

Taking a seonc chunk of dwarf flesh form his body.

---

The hellhound In I9 I barking at the hole, crouching. The sound can not be heard by John and Tweaker. Suddenly he pounces down aiming at the armored man.

acro roll: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34

He doesn't seem to take any damage from the leap down. He biting at John.

smiting bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 111d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 = 8

He misses his attempt to bite John and is standing on John's shield eyeing Tweaker.


Male Half-Elf Rogue (Trapsmith) 4 Fame 3 HP 28/28 Init +8 AC 19 Touch 14 Flat 15 Fort +1, Ref +8, Will +3 (+2 vs Ench) Perc +14/convo-hidden +18/traps +22

Wonder what he is doing now. He sure is stinking the place up and breaths too heavily. Too tired to open eyes.

Tweaker is just laying there trying not to move.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Fiosa, Shinon. I want to conserve spells so if Duncan takes more damage I will healing channel, but this will heal the downed Bastards. So get ready to stomp them on their head if need be.


Female NPC, Halfling

Don't do that, let me chip in with a cure spell. Fiosa nudges up in frong to Andrea but next to the open doorway.


Male NPC, Human Warrior1, Fighter1

If Duncan and Orsin gets their arses out of the way, I'll leap the pit and flank 'em."

"Boss brain that damn thing already."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Don't risk your pretty neck too much. The only one that gets to bite it is me.


Evil GM

Duncan was down to 19 HP, then took 10 Hp of damage. Leaving him with 9 HP, when he was healed for 8 by Andrea bringing him to 17 Hp, and then took one more bite for 9 HP. Currently at 8 HP. Ooch


Evil GM

Lucrezia:
There are several tiefling running around grabbing weapons, you can hear the echo of barking from a tunnel. Janiven says, "They're here."


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Yer kidding right lass, Got em where I want em!

1 hand Divine Favor, PA Destructive Smite1d20 + 5 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 2 - 1 = 26
Damage1d10 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 2 + 1 = 11

Confirm Crit?1d20 + 5 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 2 - 1 = 12
Damage1d10 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 2 + 1 = 10

Duncan Steps over the body of the now dead dog and moves up one square, allowingothers into the room but keeping the remaining dogs from attacking anyone.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Ya, Duncan hits hard but doesn't have the staying power of a front line fighter.

Duncan! Get your hairy ass back here! not that I know his ass is hairy


Evil GM

There is only one dog remaining above ground. the other one is in the pit wiht John.

Duncan if you moe up five more feet, others can get by you.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Baldwin:
"Who are "they" exactly?" Lucrezia tries to look down the tunnel. "Are they guardsmen or mercs hired by the young noble's family?"


Evil GM

John still has his RD2 Action, he can post when he can.

RD2:

Initiative:

Orsin - sing and hurts the dog in I( before it jumped down.

Shinon - missed shot at hellhound in I9.

Andrea - stepped up and converted bane spell to CLW. Giving Duncan 8 HP back.

Helldogs - the dog in K8 bites at Duncan doing 9 HP of damage; the dog in I9 took 2 HP of sonic damage and then leaped down into the pit wiht John and Tweaker. The dog in K8 was killed by Duncan.

Duncan - Killed the dog next to him. moved up to J8.

John

Fiosa - moves in front of Andrea and near the door.

Ermolos - creeps up another 5 ft, itching to jump the pit if the path clears.

RD3:

Initiative:

Orsin -

Shinon -
Andrea -

Helldogs -
Duncan -
John

Fiosa -

Ermolos -

RD 3, Crypt Tunnel


Evil GM

Lucrezia:
"They are the Brotherhood of Westcrown."Make knowledge local roll.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Watch your step Duncan


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Baldwin:
knowledge local 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22


Evil GM

It is a DC Acro roll to long jump the pit.


Evil GM

Lucrezia:
You have heard stories about a group calling themselves the Brotherhood of Westcrown who have been cleaning up the streets. They found a dead brewer in the sewers; they attacked a group of Hellknights wannabes who captured a half-elf do gooder known as Arael. They freed him and he is rumored ot be the leader. Mercants and commoners seem to be excited about them.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Orsin, you should probably go ahead. We will keep an eye on the rear.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Duncan, despite grevious wounds, steps up to the last hound and continues to do what he does best.

1 hand Divine Favor,PA1d20 + 5 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 2 - 1 = 16
1 hand Damage, PA, Divine Favor1d10 + 3 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 3 + 2 = 18

Wasp, ye gotta stop telling me how ta do me job! Help John!


M Dog Guard

She is the nervous motherly type.

Before Duncan and do that actio,n the dog will try to bit him.

Smite Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 71d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 = 8

He misses and Duncan's attack does kill the dog.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin moves up to the square just ahead of Duncan, passing through friendly squares with ease. His blade shimmers with a brief radiance as the power of his arcane magic courses into the blade.

Longsword: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Longsword, two-handed Arcane Strike Power Attack: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

EDIT: Oh, well, nevermind then. ;)


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

*grins*


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Perhaps she should adopt some of those orphans.

Andrea moves up to look down the pit. John! Are you seriously hurt? Oh drat, there is that dog. Andrea gets her crossbow out to shoot at the dog.

Crossbow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 201d8 ⇒ 7


Evil GM

John's RD2 attack on the dog in the pit.

PA without shield: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 121d8 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

he misses.

Shinon will step up and shot the dog in the pit.

longbow: 1d20 ⇒ 51d8 ⇒ 1

He misses.

---
John's RD3 action:

PA without shield: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 121d8 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

misses again


Evil GM

Andrea's bolt hits home on the dog in the pit.


Evil GM

Tweaker it's a bit hard to keep those eyes closed know the area is tight and the armed mand is fighting with the dog. Looking up sees a pretty face shooting down into the hole.

===
To Andrea's surprsie there are three people and a dog in the pit. One person is headless, while the other in the corner...un armed and with without any get.


Evil GM

Lucrezia:
You see the leader, and two other, tieflings go through a door leaving the others to guard the area.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

There are more people in the pit! A headless body and another body, I can't see if they are alive.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Duncan breathes a heavy sigh and slumps against the wall, now that the threats are gone. He pulls and drinks his cure Moderater Wounds.

2d8 + 5 ⇒ (7, 4) + 5 = 16

Well, at least I can feel me beard again.

He drags his granite hide to his feat.


Evil GM

Andrea you see an active fight in the pit but there is no sound coming from the hole.


Evil GM

Ermolos will pull his msw crossbow.

crossbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 121d8 ⇒ 8

his bolt misses without a sound.


Male Half-Elf Rogue (Trapsmith) 4 Fame 3 HP 28/28 Init +8 AC 19 Touch 14 Flat 15 Fort +1, Ref +8, Will +3 (+2 vs Ench) Perc +14/convo-hidden +18/traps +22

Guess he wasn't alone. Did he make his dog mad? Seems like there should be a better place for them to play. This silence is horrible. I want to scream at him to get me out. Hope they figure this out soon. Tweaker is wondering if he is delirious and just imagining these people.

Is that some sort of avenging angel up there? Hope she doesn't shoot me. I was here long before the others. They are trespassing on my hole. Tweaker is confused about what is happening.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Duncan shambles over to look in the Pit and Pulls his Composite longbow.
Ranged, Divine Favor, shooting in melee1d20 + 5 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 2 - 4 = 12
Damage1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 = 11

Aww, Shinon, have a go, yer the Shooter


Evil GM

Shinon takes ather shot.

longbow: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 261d8 ⇒ 5

The hell hound dies in mid-air.


Evil GM

Tweaker looks up, blood splattered on his face, and there are 8 eyes looking down at him and the armed man, who is flinging the dog off his armor. The hulk of man finally notices you as he wipes his bloodied sword on the mangy red fur. His hand spreads to say, throw me rope. He follows that up with a long drink from his waterskin then hands it over to stranger.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Gonna be away for 2-4 hours. Got night shift so I need some sleep. Duncan's standard mode is to stay adjacent to Duncan (for exra AC), one round KO stuff and basically be Wolverine, so stick to that Formula if you bot me. Given 1 round to Buff: Divine Favor.


Male Half-Elf Rogue (Trapsmith) 4 Fame 3 HP 28/28 Init +8 AC 19 Touch 14 Flat 15 Fort +1, Ref +8, Will +3 (+2 vs Ench) Perc +14/convo-hidden +18/traps +22

Tweaker takes the waterskin with a weak hand and pours some over his face to wash off the blood and wet his parched mouth. He just tries and let the water soak into his lips before even thinking about opening them. He just watches the people looking at him.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea gets a rope from Duncan and finds a good place to secure it. She then lowers it down to John and bullies Ermolos and Orsin into giving John help, :)


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin makes a Strength check to help the others up if need be.

Strength check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17


Evil GM

You can secure the rope and with Orsin's strength check you can manage, John and Teaker each need ot make a climb check.

this could be fun to watch with John's armor. 7.5 feet per round, so three checks. I suspect Tweaker is good at climbing.

3,801 to 3,850 of 26,346 << first < prev | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.