Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


3,751 to 3,800 of 25,193 << first < prev | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | next > last >>

Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 18/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Andrea goes around quickly Stabilizing the not yet dead Bastards.

John! Are you ok? How is everyone injurywise?

Andrea takes in the room now that they have a breather


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Fine, wasp, fine. Might wanna check John though.

Duncan sheaths his bastard sword across his back and takes in the scene, collecting weapons and looking for flasks, wands or potions.Perception + DetectMagic1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 18/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Might want to leave that for later, Duncan. Plenty of time for looting after we put the boot to the leader's face. Orsin, please keep an eye on the door you are near.

Andrea examines John to see how he is.

Heal: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

He smells a lot but I don't see anythign wrong.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

If ye say so girl. Be a shame to miss a wand or something that could turn the tide for us though.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin stands at the door, listening for noises from the other side.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


Evil GM

John is physically fine and the small of corruption dissipates. It was the corrupting touch bloodine power.

A quick search detect magic scan reveals a scroll case that contains two parchments on the spellcaster:

Scroll 1:
Obscurring Mist
Identify
Disguise Self

Scroll 2:
The first spell is missing
Magic missle x2
Cause Fear

The spellcster has a tanglefoot bag, two potions of CLW, 1 potion of CMW, masterwork studded leather, masterwork dagger, 75 GP.

The three tiefling thugs have studded leather, light maces, light crossbows, a dagger each, simple thieves tools, 27 GP each.

---

Orsin you think you hear some shuffling behind the simple wooden door.


Evil GM

There are two doors in the area before you, one heading east which is near Orsin, and the other north near John.

There are the six brick-lined crypts each containing a stone sarcophagus.

Knowledge religion or local, if you want.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 18/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

I am awake!

Andrea examines the crypts.

Know-Religon: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


Evil GM

Andrea the names appear to be dead priests of Erastil.


Evil GM

Lucrezia Only:

Lucrezia two nights ago while at the Mermaid’s Groto, Pearl was entertaining a young foppish noble of the Missepe family. You’ve seen in him there often and his flavor is for Pearl’s talents. You know his family is in the shipping business and Alphonse Lourdou is friendly towards him.

You were outside two nights ago in the well-lit side alley when the young noble and his entourage were leaving the Grotto, when all of sudden the attack happened. The lights dimmed by darkness and there were several muffled screams. Your quick reflexes failed you when several well placed saps knocked you unconscious. You woke up the next day in a cage, stripped of all your gear and wearing only a male’s tunic. Your hands are bound and you appear to be underground in a cavern.

In the cage next to you are the bound young noble and one of his guards. Later in the day, there is a commotion in the room and the tiefling by the name of Palaveen, who you know leads the famed Bastards of Erebus bandits, instructs another tiefling to negotiate with them. He points to noble’s guard and they pull him out of the cage. They have him kneel before the cage and with one massive swing the guard’s head is separated from his shoulders. “That is my negotiated answer! Now throw the messenger in the cage with the other tramp…they have value!”

A manacle woman by the name of Janiven lies at your feet her eyes begin to flutter open as she regains the light of day.


Evil GM

Tweaker Only:

Tweaker while at “Tiny’s Shop” about a week ago, a couple of tieflings came in and inquired about enhancing security at their place of business. Crime had been escalading in their neighborhood. Tinker had you step out from the back room and listen to their needs. They mentioned wanting to secure a front doorway with magically enhanced burning hands spell, and they explain that they already had a person to cast the necessary spells; they simply needed your talents at setting the trap.

They also mentioned wanting to guard their precious goods in a basement with various pit type traps.

For this, they gave Tinker and Tweaker each 50 GP, up front., along with the promise of another 100 GP once the traps were set. It didn’t take much for the two of you to agree that Tweaker would set the traps.
Unbeknownst to you at the time those tieflings were the Bastards of Erebus, which was quite unfortunate for you. They shanghaied you, stripped of you weapons and gear, forced to work and set the traps. In addition, they took the money they gave you back and then some. You are completely gearless and wearing only your trousers and shirt. When they finished with you, they tested the pit trap by binding your hands and feet together and tossing you in. You’ve been there without food or water for 2 days, you are down 10 hit points as you lay there impaled by three spikes. To your surprise, a headless body joined you at the bottom of the pit about 3 hours ago.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Lucrezia couldn't stop herself from letting out a gasp of shock as the guardsman's head bounces away from his body. Staring for a moment, she;s brought out of her shock by the indignation she feels at Palaveen's words.

Just who the hell is he calling a tramp?! They didn't actually think I was one of the Grotto's whores did they?

After the guards toss the woman in and shut the cage door, Lucrezia moves over to her and tries to help her up into a sitting position.

"Just take it easy. I know my head's still ringing from those bastards too. My name's Lucrezia, what's your?"


Evil GM

One of the tiefling thugs picks up a small rock and throws it at the cage, "Shut yer face."

Rock thrown: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 2 - 4 = 151d3 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2

50%under it hit Lucrezia, 50% and higher your guest: 1d100 ⇒ 68

As the rock hits the other person in the cage, her fluttering eyes drift back to unconsciousness.

---
The leader yells, "Get rid of this useless waste," as he kicks the body on the floor.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin shushes the others, silently beckoning them over to the door. He tilts the crown of his head at the wooden barrier, indicating to the others that they should give it a listen.

Welcome Lucrezia and Tweaker!


Evil GM

Duncan, John, Andrea can make perception sound check; Orsin can make it at a minus 2.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Lucrezia settles for just glaring at them and thinking of all things she'd like to do to them if only she had her weapons and wasn't in a cage. Bunch of m@#$%f#$%g bastards.

Lucreza watches the Bastards and tries to take a look at the lock on the cage when they're not paying her any mind.
perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18


Evil GM

Lucrezia:
It is a high quality lock, difficult but not impossible to pick, if only your hands were free.

I will use some spoilers now as the others are on a parallel track right now as then entering the complex.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 18/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Did anyone hear something?


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23


Male Half-Elf Rogue (Trapsmith) 4 Fame 3 HP 28/28 Init +8 AC 19 Touch 14 Flat 15 Fort +1, Ref +8, Will +3 (+2 vs Ench) Perc +14/convo-hidden +18/traps +22

baldwin:
This is what I get for taking a job in the city. If I get lose and out of here, I think they will have to pay in blood over coin Tweaker thinks after seeing the head. He turns over so as not to see the head. It is imperative to escape now. Tiny might not even be alive to send help.

Are the ropes behind my back or in front? What penalties do I have to escape artist and how many tries can I take? Figure with no water that I am fatigued.

To see if Tweaker hears any of the fighting from the basement. Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17


Evil GM

Tweaker for now put your posts behind spoilers for me. There are parallel events happening right now and the main group doesn't need that detail yet...insert evil laugh.


Male Half-Elf Rogue (Trapsmith) 4 Fame 3 HP 28/28 Init +8 AC 19 Touch 14 Flat 15 Fort +1, Ref +8, Will +3 (+2 vs Ench) Perc +14/convo-hidden +18/traps +22

Beat you to it by a few seconds *shivers*


Evil GM

John and Andrea definately hear loud growling and barking coming from the other side of the north door where John was fighting the spellcaster.


Evil GM

Tweaker:
You have the body down there with you...it's missing the head. You see nothing to help you and since you built helped to build you tomb...I mean pit, you know the walls are nearly impossible to get a finger and toe hold. It a good 20 feet high too. Besides your hands are bound behind you and they are wrapped in a burlap bag.


Male Half-Elf Rogue (Trapsmith) 4 Fame 3 HP 28/28 Init +8 AC 19 Touch 14 Flat 15 Fort +1, Ref +8, Will +3 (+2 vs Ench) Perc +14/convo-hidden +18/traps +22

baldwin:
Oops misread that. I was thinking head thrown down. Is the body stripped or just tossed down? Tweaker will try and worm his way over and use his mouth to try and find something to help him if the body is clothed.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

"I'm fine Now. We should go through this door and see where that barking is coming from."


Evil GM

Tweaker:
A ripped up and now bloodied tunic and loin cloth only. His body has multiple brusies, most are petty recent. He hs warriors build and old battle scars too.


Evil GM

Lucrezia:
The lady eventually wakes up about an hour later. The room has quieted down a bit except for some moaning from a nearby cage. In that cage you can see the young noble from the other night bound.

The lady would nod appreciatively, "I'm Janiven. I've friends that should be coming.Shhhh, don't let 'em hear us." Indicating the guards in the room.


Male Half-Elf Rogue (Trapsmith) 4 Fame 3 HP 28/28 Init +8 AC 19 Touch 14 Flat 15 Fort +1, Ref +8, Will +3 (+2 vs Ench) Perc +14/convo-hidden +18/traps +22

baldwin:
Tweaker will try and use the body's feet as a way to try and scrape the burlap sack off his arms. If that doesn't work then will have to wait for blood to drain and dry to use the spine as a sharp object. If that happens then Tweaker will make sure to kick body on stomach.


M Dog Guard

There is big thud on the door near John, scrapping on nails and loud barking now.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

GM:
Lucrezia nods her head to acknowledge that she heard Janiven. I'll gladly help anyone fight these motherless bastards if they can get me out this gods be damned cage.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 18/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Bad Dog!

Andrea looks at the door. If there are just dogs behind the door, we might be able to leave them for now and check the door Orsin is near. Jogn's door could just lead to a kennel.


Evil GM
Tweaker wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Tweaker:
Right now you are struggling not to impale yourself any further. You have at least on of the spikes break off and sticking into your left leg, you thing the tip of another my be in your gut but you really can't tell. Why did tell them to place a silence spell over the false floor illusion.

Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Duncan hands the scrolls to Orsin and takes his Sword out again. Pick a door. Me an John'll clear the other side. We keep goin' till the place is clear an we got Janivien back

There is murder in the dwarf's eye.


Evil GM

Lucrezia:
Janiven smiles and nods Is that the Missepe boy that went missing?[/b]


M Dog Guard

Duncan and John are itching to get to the thudding dog...loud barking the sound hellish fury on the other side of the door.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 18/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

North door then! Get ready for their charge.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Alright. Goin in. John, right behind me.

With one hand, Duncan opens the door, ready to chop down should a rapid dog jump out.

1 hand attack, Divine Favor, PA1d20 + 5 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 2 - 1 = 18
Damage1d10 + 3 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 + 3 = 9


Male Half-Elf Rogue (Trapsmith) 4 Fame 3 HP 28/28 Init +8 AC 19 Touch 14 Flat 15 Fort +1, Ref +8, Will +3 (+2 vs Ench) Perc +14/convo-hidden +18/traps +22

baldwin:
I think evil GM has me sitting and waiting for a rescue.


Evil GM

As John gets his shield low to take the brunt of the rushing dog, Duncan reaches from John's left hand side and pushes the door open.

initiative:

Helldogs: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Andrea: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17
Duncan: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
John: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Fiosa: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4
Shinon: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Orsin: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19
Ermolos: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Initiative:

Orsin
Shinon
Andrea
Helldogs
Duncan
John
Fiosa
Ermolos

Crypt Tunnel Map

As you all enter the tunnel I will add addditonal avatars to the map.

Round 1 Begins:


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Baldwin:

Lucrezia keeps her voice down to a whisper as she answers Janiven's question. "Yes it is. He was visiting a, uhm, tavern that I work at." Lest Janiven get the wrong idea, Lucrezia quickly add, "I'm a bouncer there."


Evil GM

RD1:

The elf threads his masterwork longbow using his precision he fires a the hellish looking midnight hound yapping at John.

Longbow: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 241d8 ⇒ 4

The arrow bites hard but the dog continues to viciously hold its ground.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin, trapped behind John's hulking armored frame, releases another bolt of song, sending ripples through the air that cascade into the hound blocking the entrance (J-K?9).

Devastating aria: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Result is divided by two against creatures, resulting in 2 sonic damage.

7 rounds of bardic performance remaining.


Evil GM

The high pitched sound make the pup whine a bit but he contineus to aggressively block John.


Evil GM

The helldog have reddish fur and look evil with fiery eyes.

Helldog bite, plus smite on John: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 71d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 2 = 10

The bite comes up empty.

The others hold until someone enters the room then they will act.

The dog doesn't know John's alignment so it's trying for the most damage possible.

Actions remaining in RD1: Andrea, 3 of 4 Helldogs (Holding), John, Foisa and Ermolos. Duncan posted his Rd1 action earilier and I will fit slide it in after Andrea.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 18/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Back from dinner!

Andrea casts Guidance on John (+1 any roll) and 5' steps to the left (K7 or K8) so Duncan and John have more room to move


Evil GM

Duncan cleaves the hellhound in front of John into as he steps through the door. Duncan has taken 10 feet of his movement. Are you moving anymore or are you stopping. If you are moving tell me where you are heading. Plus I need you to make a perception check.

Anyone moving through the door needs to roll a perception check.

MID-RD1 Map Crypt Tunnel


Female NPC, Halfling

Fiosa and Ermolos are stuck in the back and they don't wan tto charge past Duncan, John or Orsin this round, so the hold up for now.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

Knowledge(Planes): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
John makes sure that these dogs are not from another plane, then moves past Duncan and attacks the dog at i9.
Attack with power attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14


Evil GM

John you are certain that these dogs are not true hellhounds from another plane but they are certainly transformed in nature. You've heard about a process where dogs can be fed a supplemental diet that includes tiefling blood, which if the dog survives will transform it into a hellhound. These dogs appear to be nearly transformed.

As you move pass Duncan you step on the floor in J9 and you disappear without a sound.

fall damage: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 3) = 6
piercing attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
Number of spikes: 1d4 ⇒ 4
Damage per spike: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

You take fall damage but not spike damage. You are at the bottom of 20 ft pit that has sheer polished walls. in the pit is a headless body and a half starved, parched looking half-elf that is injured.

Falling object on Tweaker's head: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 141d6 ⇒ 5
50% and lower the armored man tumbles on Tweaker: 1d100 ⇒ 52

Fortuantely for Tweaker the hulking man falls on the headless body.

----
Duncan, Orsin and Shinon see John disappear when he steps in front of the helldog. The illusion covering the floor disappears and there is no sound involved with the fall or crash.

Edit: I had to change the dice formula regarding the fall on Tweaker and it modified the result.

3,751 to 3,800 of 25,193 << first < prev | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.