Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


3,651 to 3,700 of 26,346 << first < prev | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | next > last >>

Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

'We should deal with the wizard first. Then the mummies."
I don't see the map.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin nods at John's remark. "Agreed. There's no guarantee that the silencing spell from this wand will work, but if it does, any spellcaster will be easy pickings." A look of menace plays across the normally reserved bard's features.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Up then, since it is narrow, Duncan and John should take the lead. Perhaps Ermolos,Fiosa and Orsin can keep an eye on the door and stairway.


Male Dwarf Warrior 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

I'm in first. I take a spell better than any o ye! C'mon

Duncan rushes up the stairs.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

"I need a line of sight to get the wand's spell off. Best if I'm just behind the front line," Orsin insists.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Works for me


Evil GM

At the top of the belltower you see one tiefling, he is yells "I surrender...I surrender."He has an arrow in his shoulder.

There is nobody else there.

It's been 2 minutes since you have entered the building when calculating remaining life on spells used.


Male Dwarf Warrior 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Duncan approaches the tiefling with caution, blade ready.
Perception1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

As he gets within 15ft he calls, Lean over the side wall with yer hands behind her back fer tyin'. One wrong move and ye go over. Choice is simple. Cooperate an Live. Resist an die.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea counts down the remaining time as she keeps an eye out and turns to the others.

I have little doubt that the Bastard's leader will attempt to use Javiven against us. Threaten to kill her if we continue. I have no doubt that he will do it as well considering what has been done before. If this is the case, we should make him more afraid of not dying, intimidate him into beliveing we will hand him over to the Hellknights for torture, or even finding Kuthonites to punish him if he kills Janiven.

Andrea hears a small gasp from Fiosa. A threat. A threat. I am not so far gone into hate that I would do that. I would give him a quick death rather than that.

Andrea clasps Fiosa's hand. I would never do something like that in front of you and mean it.


Evil GM

"D..d..don't push me over." as he complies with the request.


Evil GM

The tiefling is obviously hurting with the arrow and loss of blood. He has great difficulty pulling his arm behind his back in order to be bound.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

"Where did the others go?" John will ask the Tiefling.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea keeps an eye out as Duncan deals with the tiefling. She rolls the senseless but stable bodies into a corner in case they need fighting room. Anyone who can, check the supplies up here and see if they have oil. If they do have mummies, we will need to set them on fire from a distance, getting in close combat with them is a disaster waiting to happen.


Evil GM

"In the Crypt below the Temple." he replies to the towering man.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

"Can you tell me who your leader is?"


Evil GM

You can see 5 light maces, 5 light crossbows, a total 91 bolts. There are 81 GP, 27 SP on the two tables in the gambling pots. There is another 63 Gp, 78 SP, 59 CP. There are 8 diamonds chips. There is no oil.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Blast. We'll leave this for later. No time for looting!


Evil GM

"Paleveen he worships Asmodeus."


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

"Was he the one who cast the magic earlier? If not who was that, and how many magic users do you have?"


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea roots around in her pack as Fiosa reappears after the magic spell fades.

What a time to leave the alchemst's fire back at the safehouse.

Do they really have mummies?


Evil GM

"N.n..n..no that was one of the other spellcasters, his name is Vethamer."


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

"So your boss is a magic user?"


Evil GM

He smiles weakly at Andrea's question. 'Palaveen has all kinds of wierd shyte. Not sure if its a true mummy but he is working on all kinds of stuff. Don't see most of it."


Evil GM

"yes, he worship Asmodeus and has his divine favors."


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

"Do you have more Spell casters, or is it just the two?"


Evil GM

"A sorcerer...the mummy...looking thing."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

So. Were all the things the Bastards did just greed? Revenge? Give us a reason not to rack up a huge pile of bodies here because we are very close to doing it. We tried to make an attempt not to kill the lot of you but you know..HEAD IN SACK! If that was our friend none of you would be getting out alive.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

"One last question, how many are there down there?"


Evil GM

"Other than those mentioned, there is Digger, and maybe 10 or 12 others, mostly thugs and rogues."


Evil GM
Andrea1 wrote:
So. Were all the things the Bastards did just greed? Revenge? Give us a reason not to rack up a huge pile of bodies here because we are very close to doing it. We tried to make an attempt not to kill the lot of you but you know..HEAD IN SACK! If that was our friend none of you would be getting out alive.

"Your friend and the others are alive...or at least t..th...they were l.l.l.last I saw." He looks blankly at Andrea. "he wants m..membership into the Council of Thieves is why."


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

"Very well, I have no other questions. If no one else has any questions, you can leave."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea goes back down to play with the dog.

Does doggie wanna tummy rub?


M Dog Guard

The dog will get submissive once again when people come down the belltower stairs.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

As the group is heading down the stairs,John will say "Here is the plan. Orsin, start with using that wand to inconvenience the casters, then you and Ermolos will start dealing with the thugs and Digger. Shinon focus your fire on their leader, he will have a holy symbol like this one." John will show shinon his holy symbol. "Duncan deal with the other caster. I'll deal with the "mummy". Andrea and Fiosa stay out of the silenced area and back us up with spells."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Understood


Evil GM

The stairs heading down into the crypt leads down a hallway, which turns left, amd ends at a simple wooden door. A short message has been artfully carved on the door, but it has been marred with slashes from a sharp instrument.

The natural light from outside ends at the left turn.

Edit: When you get to the end of the stairs and hallway down, the turn left is 5 ft wide, 10 ft long. I need to know the light sorces and who is holding the light. Andrea how much buff does the party have from your spells?


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Perception to examine the message: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Shinon should examine the door.


Evil GM

Andrea you recognize that the message is religious in nature. You can make a know - Religion.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Know Religon: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

edit: Andrea passes this along to the others. A prayer to Erstil. Appropriate for a crypt.


Evil GM

Andrea:
"Praise and thanks to those who spent their lives in service to Eristil - their work strenghtens us all."[/b]


Evil GM

Shinon looks a the door and checks for traps,

Spoiler:
Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

He doesn't seem to find any traps and the door is not locked.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea will cast guidance (+1 on any roll) on the one who goes through the door first.


Male Dwarf Warrior 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Let's get to it. I'll go first.

Before he opens the door, Duncan will recast Divine Favor on himself again, then enter with his bastard sword in hand.


Evil GM

Crypt Map

The door opens.

Who is carrying the light sources. Andrea you are nearing 2 and 1/2 minutes in time for your buffing spells, invisibility. How much time do you have left? provide me the marching order too.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

3 rounds I guess we have yet to light any sources. Duncan has the Darkvision so he is best off right now.


Evil GM
Andrea1 wrote:
3 rounds I guess we have yet to light any sources. Duncan has the Darkvision so he is best off right now.

You have plenty of time before opening your death door to light a torch.:-)


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea casts Light More than enough time


Male Dwarf Warrior 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Duncan casts light on John's Shield.


Evil GM

As Duncan opens the door this is what can be seen. Actually the folk in the norther part aren't seen yet but I didn't want to create another map.

Cyrpt RD1

Initiative:

Spoiler:

tieflings: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Andrea: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6
Orsin: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14
Duncan: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
John: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Shinon: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Ermolos: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Fiosa: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5

Initiative:
Tieflings
Orsin
John
Duncan
Shinon
Andrea
Ermolos
Fiosa

Rd 1 begins:


Evil GM

RD1:

The tiefling standing near the door. Hex G8 Fires his crossbow at Duncan.

CB1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 31d8 ⇒ 3

Dex check does the string snap: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

It has tension but the string holds tight.

The others hold their action until there is a line of sight.

3,651 to 3,700 of 26,346 << first < prev | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.