Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


3,601 to 3,650 of 26,346 << first < prev | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | next > last >>

Evil GM

Mid-RD 2 recap:

Ermolos - jogging with others to get to door.

Fiosa - Cast CLW and touched Orsin healing for 2 HP

Tieflings - crossbowman 1 hit Shinon for 4 HP damage; Crossbowman 2 hit Orsin for 7 more HP of damage; Belltower crossbowman hit Shinon for 6 HP of damage

John

Duncan

Andrea - channeled healed 6 HP to the party.

Shinon - taken 10HP of damage from tieflings.

Orsin - took an additional 7 HP of damage.

Duncan or John make a Str check DC18 for ramming the door and breaking it open. +2 for the portable ram and +2 for the other one assisting. This is the RD 2 action. Move is to get there std action is the ram.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea had channeled and healed everyone for 6 points in round 2


Male Dwarf Warrior 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

John is stronger. I'll assist.


Evil GM

I'll DMPC the John's strength check roll.

Str Check vs DC18 break: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 2 + 2 = 26

The door busts open with Duncan and John following the ram into the temple.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea follows, keeping her shield up


Evil GM

I'm going to wait till everyone has their RD2 action, then I will re-roll initiative for the first inside encounter. I'll put a map up a that time.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin chugs down one of his cure light wounds potions, struggling to keep up with the group and, you know, not die.

Potion of cure light wounds: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

The potions are CL 5 because Arael created them, correct?


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon groans and ducks into the tower, drawing a potion in his off hand.

Move action to move inside the temple, standard action to draw a potion of cure light wounds.

He glances back at Andrea. "Thanks for that. Are you alright?"


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

My wounds are better, but I am still *CENSORED FOR DISAPROVING MODS* PISSED OFF!


Evil GM
Orsino 'Orsin' Bessatte wrote:

Orsin chugs down one of his cure light wounds potions, struggling to keep up with the group and, you know, not die.

[dice=Potion of cure light wounds]1d8+5

The potions are CL 5 because Arael created them, correct?

They are normally 1d8+3.


Evil GM

RD 2 recap:

Ermolos - jogging with others to get to door.

Fiosa - Cast CLW and touched Orsin healing for 2 HP

Tieflings - crossbowman 1 hit Shinon for 4 HP damage; Crossbowman 2 hit Orsin for 7 more HP of damage; Belltower crossbowman hit Shinon for 6 HP of damage

John - used the portable ram and broke the door down.

Duncan - double moved 30 feet to assit breakign door down.

Andrea - channeled healed 6 HP to the party.

Shinon - taken 10HP of damage from tieflings. Moved insdie the temple drew out a healing potion.

Orsin - took an additional 7 HP of damage. Drew and drank a potion healing 5 HP, sitll outside temple.


Evil GM

Spoiler:
tieflings: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Ermolos: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Andrea: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16
Duncan: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
John: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Shinon: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Fiosa: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Orsin: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Initiative:

John
Orsin
Shinon
Andrea
Duncan
Ermolos
Fiosa
tieflings

MAP RD 1, INSIDE


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Missing Ermolos in the pile-up?

Andrea looks to Fiosa. I will cast an invisibility spell on you, so you can help us without exposing yourself. It will last three minutes or until you attack someone. You can heal us without breaking the spell.

Assuming Fiosa has no objections, Andrea casts Invisibility on her (Three mintues or until broken)

Andrea will then move inside when the others move further in.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin throws the empty bottle to the ground, letting it shatter on the stone and packed dirt below. He pulls out a stronger potion, uncorking it with his teeth and drinking down its contents greedily.

Potion of cure moderate wounds: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (3, 6) + 5 = 14

Okay, I definitely remember the CMW's having a CL 5, but if not I'm back at full anyway.

Orsin then takes his five-foot step to F8, his back up against the wall.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Don't drink too much, it will go to waste if we get pin cushioned again. Orin sees Andrea wave her hand over Fiosa and the halfing woman vanishes from sight.

If you delay your move some, you might be able to get in after Duncan moves.


Male Dwarf Warrior 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Duncan casts Divine Favor and pushes Past John to E6 drawing his Bastard sword as part of the move.

Adjacent to John, Duncan's AC is 21. Andrea did you cast shield of faith on me yet. If so AC is 23.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Not yet, I channeled last turn and my action this turn is to turn Fiosa invisible so she doesn't get crossbow'd and then move inside with the others. I'll SoF you as soon as I can


Evil GM
Andrea1 wrote:
Not yet, I channeled last turn and my action this turn is to turn Fiosa invisible so she doesn't get crossbow'd and then move inside with the others. I'll SoF you as soon as I can

That by the way is an excellent plan, so is not sporting many HPs.I bumped her up 1 NPC adept level so she wouldn't go down on one shot - er, most likely.

Obviously with these AP maps the grid and lines don't match up well with the lines on the map, so we need to bare with one another wiht the coordinates. I tried manipulating the gird yesterday but ite looked terrible.


Evil GM

To set the stage, you see two wooden tables that have some loose coin, cards and knuckle bones on them. they were obviously gambling befor eht bell went off. Fout chairs are near each table, in the north east corner is a stack of small wooden crates, a pari fo watr barrels, and on the far west wall is a small table. There is a hallway to the north west, and you see a tiefling clothing trailing him as he moves into the hallway. The southeast corner has an entrance to the bell tower. the place smells of beer, sweat and dog.

There is on tiefling exiting down the hallway as the door crashes open, there are four other tieflings in the room - two with light crossbows out and two with light maces out - and there is growling coming from a mangy one-eared dog near a table.

PC's inside the temple this round DC12 perception:
"Go get the mummies. We need HELP!"

PC's outside the temple this round DC16 perception:
"Go get the mummies. We need HELP!"

[


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14

Shinon turns to see a tiefling standing on the table in front of him. And then the dog to his left...not good. Shinon nods to himself tightens his focus. He taps his feet on the ground, feeling his body loosen up. He's still light on his feet. Good. He's going to need to be careful to not get hit by anything.

Shinon spends a standard action to take the Total Defense action, granting him a +6 Dodge bonus to his AC


Evil GM

Inside Temple Mid Rd 1 Recap:

Initiative:

John

Orsin drew and drank CMW 14HP

Shinon -total defense +6 to AC

Andrea - cast invisbility on Foisa

Duncan - Cast Divine Favor on self, moved ot EG

Ermolos - moved to D7 and missed his attack on D6 tiefling.

Fiosa - becomes invisible and takes her short sword out.

tieflings - the various attacks miss.


Male Dwarf Warrior 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Let's get it on!


Male NPC, Human Warrior1, Fighter1

RD1

Ermolos moves into the building to D7, he is in with a small wooden crate. Difficult terrain. Swings his ax at the tiefling in front of him.D6

Gr Ax: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 141d12 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

His ax whooses by the ear of the tiefling but misses.


Female NPC, Halfling

RD 1:

Fiosa accept the invibility gift and holds a CLW potion in one hand ready to give it to an ally, her +1 short sword gleeming in the other.


Evil GM

RD1 : tieflings and scaggy the dog

The tiefling in D6 swings his light mace at the man holding the great axe that barely missed.

Att on ermolos: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 211d8 ⇒ 2

Ermolos take the hit from the mace.

The tiefling on the table swings his light mace down on Shinon's head from the higher ground.

Att on Shinon: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 = 71d8 ⇒ 5

The mace misses.

The scaggy dog bites at Shinon's leg.

bite on Shinon: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 111d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

The jaws snap together empty.

The two tieflings in the rear aim at Duncan.

CB Att1 on Duncan: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 = 71d8 ⇒ 6
CB Att2 on Duncan: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 = 41d8 ⇒ 7

The two bolts ping off the wall.


Male Dwarf Warrior 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

HA! Missed me ye dolts! Me sword aim'll be better!


Evil GM

Inside Temple Rd 1 Recap:

Initiative:

John

Orsin drew and drank CMW 14HP

Shinon -total defense +6 to AC

Andrea - cast invisbility on Foisa

Duncan - Cast Divine Favor on self, moved ot EG

Ermolos - moved to D& and missed his attack on D6 tiefling.

Fiosa - becomes invisible and takes her short sword out.

tieflings - the various attacks miss.

John still has his RD1 action. I will wait a bit before I DMpc him.

RD2:

John
Orsin
Shinon
Andrea
Duncan
Ermolos
Fiosa
tieflings

INSIDE TEMPLE RD2

Rd 2 begins:


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

(Just holding until I see some others move, Can't get to Duncan just yet,, but I will try to act before the tielflings)


Evil GM

Andrea is too far away and the sound of battle muffles the words from inside the temple.


Male Dwarf Warrior 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

JOHN, Wake Up!


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin takes a standard action to begin his bardic performance, inspire courage (which affects everyone THIS round except John). He draws his masterwork longsword with his free hand, still holding the wand of silence in the other.

+1 competence bonus on weapon attack and damage rolls.


Evil GM

GMPC'ing John's RD1 aciton.

John attacks the tiefling in D6 with his +1 Long sword long sword PA: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 231d8 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

With his precision attack he downs the tiefling in D6. He follows this up with a move into D5.

I will hold off on John's RD2 action. So far, Orsin has acted in RD


Male Dwarf Warrior 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

DM 1 rounds enemy ftw!


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

First one for the bonfire!


Evil GM

Andrea and Duncan why don't you take your acitons, I'll fit John and Shinon in a the end of the round.


Male Dwarf Warrior 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Cause I'm waiting to see if Andrea is gonna Shield of Faith me. I am also choosing between the guy threatening Shinon or John. John's action affects mine.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Will post to help things up.

Andrea slips in to E7, right behind Duncan and casts shield of Faith on him(+2 AC, 3 minutues I believe)

Just move some Ermolos, so Fiosa and Orsin can step in.


Evil GM

RD2:

John attacks the tiefling in D4,
PW Att: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 171d8 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Striking the tiefling down with his attack. Then John moves to B3 to geive the grup room to get inside.


Male NPC, Human Warrior1, Fighter1

RD2:

Ermolos moves to C3 and attacks the teifling in front of John in D2.

Gr Ax: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 151d12 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

The boy slices open the intestines of the foe in front of him growling, That's for the head.


Female NPC, Halfling

RD2:

Fiosa uses her invisbility to move to C7 and she monitors the party's health.


Evil GM

Those inside can clearly hear the yelling "Get the mummies we need help upstairs!"

RD 2 Actions remaining Shinon, Duncan, Andrea, tieflings.

EDIT: Andrea has acted by casting shield of faith on Duncan.


Evil GM

Mid- RD2 recap:

John - struck down one tiefling, stepped up, D3.
Orsin - inspiring courage.
Shinon
Andrea - shield of faith cast on Duncan.
Duncan
Ermolos -struck down tiefling stepped up next to John, C3.
Fiosa - moved inside invisible and out of the way, C7
tieflings


Male Dwarf Warrior 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Doubly Protected by Andrea's spell Duncan forgoes the use of his buckler for now and takes a 2 handed swipe at the Tiefling on the Table threatening Shinon.

2 handed PA, Inspired, Blessed, Divine Favor attack, minus buckler1d20 + 5 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 5 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 1 = 26
2 hand Power Attack, Inspire, Divine Favor Damage1d10 + 4 + 3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 3 + 1 + 2 = 13

Confirm Critical?1d20 + 5 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 5 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 1 = 16
2 hand Power Attack, Inspire, Divine Favor Damage1d10 + 4 + 3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 3 + 1 + 2 = 16

As Duncan lands a mighty blow, nearly cleaving the mans legs and severing a femoral artery he yells, Ha! Ye ain't getting in front o me in the count John!

He then moves around the table to pin the dog attacking Shinon in the corner
BAD DOG!


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

FATALITY!

Andrea hears the word 'mummy' and some thoughts pass through her mind that might be helpful.

Know-Religon: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19


M Dog Guard

The tiefling is missing his leg and he is clearly dead, the dog rolls submissively on its back exposing it's mangy belly to the the group..."er..r..r <whimper> r...r..." his tails nervously tucked.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

First orphans and now dogs!

Andrea's rage filled heart melts at the sight of the poor dog.

Aw..Puppy. Is puppy scared? We won't hurt puppy. Theres' a good lad.


Evil GM
Andrea1 wrote:

FATALITY!

Andrea hears the word 'mummy' and some thoughts pass through her mind that might be helpful.

[dice=Know-Religon]1d20+6

Andrea:
You definately know what a mummy is an undead creature. It has a curse and disease know as mummy rot which requires the removal of both the curse and dsease. Mummies are tend to be created as guardian. They are vulnerable to fire. They can creat despair when seen.

Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

If the Bastards have mummies we are in for a difficult fight! They are undead that can inflict cursed wounds and make you rot away and cause us to collapse in despair. They burn rather easily.


Evil GM

Here is the updated map. The main room of the temple has been cleared, with the dog whimpering before you. You heard footsteps heading back up the belltower, and the door is apropped open with a brick.

The hallway on the west wall is actually a stair case heading down.

What is the group doing next? I thik Orsin only ahd his inspre courage going for the round so he will drop that and not waste any more uses right now.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Up or down? They said they had mummies downstairs. There might be the wizard up in the belltower?

Andrea dings any non obviously dead Bastards with Stablize...for later.

3,601 to 3,650 of 26,346 << first < prev | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.