Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


3,551 to 3,600 of 26,346 << first < prev | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | next > last >>

Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Ye ain't thinking straight boy. Stupid to go in with no backup. This head is a challenge not a warnin'.

Duncan sighs.

Bah, an I thought I was crazy. Fine, we go now, but let's stop by Grumm's an grab the 10ft ram fer the door at least.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

It will be a trap no doubt, we do need to keep our eyes open for ambushes. If Maurice is near enough we can notify him. I believe Areal would be very interested in protecting our flanks as well.


Evil GM

A forewarning. If you are going back to Gruum's that's fine but you will be cutting it close to the evening and the dangers that lurk. What are you doing with the head?


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

We can keep it as proof in order to get the nod to kick down the Bastard's door


Male NPC, Human Warrior1, Fighter1

Fiosa huddles next to Ermolos and they share a few private whispers, Ermolos' hand checks on his great axe. As the group appraoches the gate heading back into the westcrown proper. He pulls up and waits for Duncan, or one of the others, to take the lead with the dottari guardsmen.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea nods to Duncan, indicating he should take the lead.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Duncan marches up to the Guard, looking Battle ready and Grim.

Afternoon, I be Duncan and this Here Armiger be John Deos. We be the mercenaries, who along with Dottari Sergeant Maurice an 'is dottari boys kilt the Goblin King.
We be off to rout those Tiefling Bastards o Erebus what been killing nobles and harassing the merchants. Sorry fer being direct but those scum just sent us a pressie (he holds up the bag) and they got one o our own. Ye need te let us through. PLEASE.

Diplomacy1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Fame1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16


Evil GM

Two guards stand there with opened mouths looking at he dripping canvass sack. When the duty sergeant steps forward, opening the gate. "Aye, remember you from the other day with Sergeant Maurice. Come on through." He reaches out for the bag, "Lemme see."

"Where'd gee git it from"


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

The Bastards sent a boy holding the bag. They gave him a coin and bread to hand it to us and taunt us.


Evil GM

The Sergeant whistles when he sees the chopped off head. "We're understaffed today...pol'tics, th' second squad no showed." Shakes his head "I'll git word te Maurice...he's suppose te be workin' the southdocks."

"Whatcha needin te dothe job?"

"I'll send word fer a squad te support'cha but it'll take sum time, gonna get dark 'fore ye git back-up."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea drew in a breath . Be a wasp, sting and survive to sting again.

Duncan, feel free to disregard this, but if we wait unti dawn, we can ensure that we can have the ram and a cordon of dottari to keep them from escaping. Or least we can get the ram. I leave it to you to decide.


Female NPC, Halfling

"we can't wait till dawn...she'll be dead!"


Evil GM

The Sergeant states, 'I can git ya a ram from here."


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Ain't fer waitin. Gotta bad feeling our friend is gonna die if we ain't quick. We'll be INSIDE the place before dark or we die tryin'.
Keep the head fer Maurice's leutenant and thier coin callin card. If we ain't successful, mebbe it's enough evidence t'get enough squads ta assault the place. Even if we fail they'll be weakend by our efforts. Ye should attack at dawn if ye can. They be in fer a hard night o fightin' I tell ye! If we win, we'll meet yer squad wit thier Leader, bound or dead. Ram would be appreciated. And a couple o tower shields if Ye got em. Need a shield roof over our heads while we smash our way in.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon narrows his eyes. "We don't need their help. Give us a ram and as much oil as you can possibly spare. I'll handle the rest."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea nudges Duncan. Perhaps a tower shield as well. She looks over at John.

Also, Duncan, before we go in I will cast the miracle Shield of Faith on you. We'll need to drive inside as quick as possible. Is everyone is top shape?


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging
Andrea1 wrote:
Andrea nudges Duncan. Perhaps a tower shield as well. She looks over at John.

Asked for 2. One for John and Ermolos to hold above our heads while Duncan holds the ram. Protects again'st archers or bombs. ;)


Evil GM

The sergeant nods thoughtfully, "Josh go git him a shield and a ram.' A few minutes later John and two others emerge with the shild and carrying the portable ram.

By this time the Lieutenant come down and receives a quick briefing from the Sergeant. He looks at the head and exhales deeply, "That's the Miseppe nobles personal sword." He looks at everyone, "I do wish we had the second squad here, I'd go myself. Duty bound to stay on my post."

"I'll send a pigeon to the Miseppe family, they should make haste to bring their arms up here," he assures.


Evil GM

I read it as large shield, did you change it to two tower shileds?

"Can't provide oil...can't have the ruined distict catching on fire...sorry. Besides, that could burn others. too much risk there."

"Josh change that large shield to tower shields...think we have them in the supply room."


Evil GM

Josh comes back with a second large shield, ahaking his head "Ain't no tower shields anywhere....budget cuts?"


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

I think Duncan wanted a large shield and requested the tower shields to hold over our heads and give one to John since he often leaves his at the base, unless he already has his.

The large shield would be adaquete, correct Duncan?


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

That's fine son. More than I hoped. Now we gotta go get it done.

Duncan gives the shield to Ermolos and the other to Andrea. John already has a large shield.

Allright let's go. Gotta get a break in before dark.

The Dwarf sheathes his weapons and Carries the 10 foot ram and walks through the gate.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin follows the others through the gate, his expression still somewhat sullen. Mercy is a weakness we can't afford. And now Janiven is paying the price.

He fastens the mask around his face once they're out of sight of the guards. He helps Duncan with the ram if need be.


Evil GM

Many residents of the ruined district take shelter as the adventurers walk through the area on a mission.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea urfs a little at the shield since she has never handled one before. Shinon, since Duncan,John and Ermolos will no doubt be holding the ram, would you keep an eye on our flank until we get inside? I have little doubt they would try to attack from the rear.

Andrea also pulls her mask over her face and urges the others to do so as well.

So Ermolos Andrea and John would be holding up shields? Just want to make sure.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

GM call if we can do it. Romans used to have men arranged in 4s.
2 on the ram, 2with shields raised overhead. course they had REALLY long rams and HEAPS of blokes doing this, but should easily work on a door (I have kicked a few in pretty easily or a sledgehammer at the lock works well.) The ram may be overkill, but the reach is needed since the door is trapped and may be barricaded.


Evil GM

It'll work, I need ot reread the hardness rules and breaking odf doors but that won't take lone. The shiled will offer some protection but certainly not total cover. Many a door have been kicked in while gaming with less than a ram.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon keeps his eyes peeled behind him, searching for any sign of enemies, his arrows sharpened and ready for slaughter.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Once we get inside I recomend that Fiosa and I concentrate on keeping everyone healed. If one of us is struck down, we try to pull them out of melee and use miracles and potions. If a Bastard is down, and we are able to, we can try to stablize them if we want captives, but don't hold back, not anymore.


Evil GM

As the group continues its march ot the front door, shuffling in assualt order. There are two tieflings in the bell tower you notice as you turn the corner.

Perception:
1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 2 = 181d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 2 = 22

As soom as group gets within 50 feet ofthe tower the bell begins to ring frantically.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

If we are going to hit the door running we should start casting our spells now.

Andrea looks at Duncan. No matter(whatever) what happens in there, thank you for giving me a chance.


Evil GM

Is Shinon invisible and checking the door?


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Do you want to examine the door, Shinon? If you do, I will turn you invisible.


Evil GM

The belltower continues to sound the intruder alarm, two crossbow bolts fly at the group from under the hitching post roof. The tieflings there are under partial cover when you are 70 feet away. They have rubble to stand behind.

crowbow 1, Ermolos: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 31d8 ⇒ 6
crowbow 2, Orsin: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 181d8 ⇒ 6
Dex check on crossbow 1's string: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

The attacks are against Ermolos misses and his string snaps.
The attack on Orsin sinks deep in the flatfooted dandy.

There is a crossbow from the belltower against Andrea.
crossbow belltower: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 171d8 ⇒ 8

The bolt sinks deep into the cleric.

There is a second tiefling in the belltower. He seems be to be waving his hands and focusing on Duncan and John...when his finger tips glow and there's burst of green light.

Magic missile John: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Magic missile Duncan: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Both of the green missles strike the heroes.

EDIT: The crossbow from the belltower has height advantage so there should have been an additonal +1 against Andrea, but it didn't matter in this round.


Evil GM

Initiative:

tieflings: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Ermolos: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Andrea: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16
Duncan: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
John: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Shinon: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Fiosa: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Orsin: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Initiative:
Ermolos
Fiosa
Tieflings
John
Duncan
Andrea
Shinon
Orsin

Rd1 Begins:


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon glares at the crossbowman in the belltower. "Why you..."

He draws an arrow and fires it at the man, then turns and glares at the roof. Shinon calls loudly to them, "Anyone who dares to attack the human maiden has to answer to me!"

Longbow attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Longbow Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4

If Andrea or Duncan casts bless on their turn, add +1 to my attack roll.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea curses. We either need to kill the crosbowers or ram our way in.

Looks like we won't have time to check the door unless we kill the crossbowers

Andrea holds her shield up and casts Bless +1 Hit +1 Saves vs. Fear for 3 minutes. Andrea will move with the group.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Too late fear scoutin' just, break in, and the archers ain'ta problem

Duncan slowly increases his speed into a run, so the others can synchronize their move and smashes into the door for all he his worth.

Run is worth 80ft.
Reflex save vs the magic trap1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Spellcraft vs magic trap on door 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

John will double move toward the door.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin uses a move action to draw the wand of silence from his bell and takes aim at the bell in the belltower. He flicks it sharply along with uttering the command word, "Shh!".

The bell is now silent (no save) and casting spells with verbal components within a 20 ft. radius of the bell is impossible.


Male NPC, Human Warrior1, Fighter1

Ermolos and Fiosa both quicken their paces. Ermolos holding on the shield overhead. "Run Duncan."


Evil GM

The one of the two tieflings aim his crossbow and fires. The other is restringing his, while he yells, "Spring the trap NOW."

crossbow 2 at Orsin: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 221d8 ⇒ 5

Confirm Crit.: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 221d8 ⇒ 6 Ooch

The bolt slices straight into the Orsin's side, winding him as he picks up his pace. His color leaving him.

The belltower crossbowman shoots at the Shinon.

crossbow belltower at Shinon: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 1 = 81d8 ⇒ 6

Missing widely.

While the other tiefling lets another magic missle go at Duncan and John.

MM at Duncan: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
MM at John: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

After he lets his green orbs loose, he disappears under the siderail.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Yesh. I really feel responsible here.

Andrea keeps moving after casting Bless and then channels

2d6 healing 1 out of 5 used.

2d6 ⇒ (3, 3) = 6 healed to our group.

This is for round 2 of course


Evil GM

RD 1 Recap:

Initiative:

Ermolos - Ermolos quickens his pace with Duncan.

Fiosa - Quickens pace with the others

Tieflings - Crossbow 1 is restring his bow; Crossbow 2 crit on Orsin 11 HP of total; Crossbow in Tower misses shooting at Shinon, Tiefling took 4 HP of damage from Shinon. Spellcaster his John 5 magic missle, Duncan magic missle 4 HP. Spellcaster then ducked away.

John - picking up pace.

Duncan - running with ram.

Andrea - Cast bless +1

Shinon - Shot the tiefling who hit Andrea during the surprise round.4 HP of damage to the tiefling.

Orsin - hit hard by the tiefling 11 HP of additonal damage. Used his wand of silence to quiet the bell.

Initiative:

Ermolos
Fiosa
Tieflings
John
Duncan
Andrea
Shinon
Orsin

RD2 Begins.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Wait, didn't isn't the magic missile slinging tiefling in the belltower? If so, he can't cast with verbal components on account of the silence. It's cool if it's a Silent Spell, but I just wanted to 2x check you caught that.

EDIT: Nevermind, thought we were in Round 2 already. So that first volley of attacks was a surprise round for them, I take it?

Current hp: 22 - 6 - 11 + 6 = 11


Evil GM
Orsino 'Orsin' Bessatte wrote:

Wait, didn't isn't the magic missile slinging tiefling in the belltower? If so, he can't cast with verbal components on account of the silence. It's cool if it's a Silent Spell, but I just wanted to 2x check you caught that.

EDIT: Nevermind, thought we were in Round 2 already. So that first volley of attacks was a surprise round for them, I take it?

Current hp: 22 - 6 - 11 + 6 = 11

The tieflings have had 2 attacks:

Surprise round
RD1 - The tieflings actions are before Orsin's. So your silence occurred at the end of the round.

RD2 the bell is quiet.

Orsin was hit for 6 pts in the surprise round and 11 pts in the RD1.

The group is 30 feet from the front door. Using the ram on a double move action for Duncan the door can be struck in round 2. The DC to break the door is 18 its a sturdy good door. This is a strength check. (CRB175) The portable ram gives a +2 bonus and the second person adds another +2 to the check.(CRB156)


Female NPC, Halfling

RD2:

Fiosa touches Orsin speaking "May your regain yoru health."

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Well, it's better than nothing..she is only an adept.


Male NPC, Human Warrior1, Fighter1

RD2:

Ermolos has his great axe inhand and a shield in the other.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19
Fiosa Sweettooth, wrote:

RD2:

Fiosa touches Orsin speaking "May your regain yoru health."

[dice=CLW]1d8+1

Well, it's better than nothing..she is only an adept.

Hopefully that will change if we can get out of here. ;_;


Evil GM

RD2:

Tiefling Actions:

With his string restrung the crowbowman shoots at Shinonn
crossbow 1 at Shinon: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 161d8 ⇒ 4

Hitting the half-elf wiht his bolt.

Sensing a potential kill on hand the crossbowman shoots at Orsin once again.
crossbow 2 at Orsin: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 211d8 ⇒ 7

"Die you fancy swine."

Being struck by Shinon deadly aim, the crossbowman returns fire.
crossbow Belltower at Shinon: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 2 + 1 = 171d8 ⇒ 6

"May the hells swallow your soul.

3,551 to 3,600 of 26,346 << first < prev | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.