Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


3,501 to 3,550 of 25,171 << first < prev | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | next > last >>

Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

"That is agreeable. Besides, Andrea, Janiven, and I are more than capable of handling ourselves should negotiations turn sour." He looks back to Duncan, Shinon, and John. "And I trust we'll have reinforcements nearby?" He gives a sly wink.


NPC, H/Elf
Arael wrote:

After roughly an hour and half Areal arrives, "So, I see you all have picked up a few new friends," smiling as he rubs a little kids head. After a few pleasant moments he gets the adventurers attention and draws them into a small private room.

"Another Misseppe noble went missing last night. A little different this time...a coin was left in his carriage, which was hijacked, it had a devil's head on it." His expression is one of concern.

I forgot to mention the following:

That the young noble's entourage was murdered, including his driver, and two of his body guards.


Human, NPC

"Well, how do you want to approach the subject with Bastards?" She pauses, "Knock on the front door? Tack a note?"


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

"It's a long shot, but what if we were able to track down that tiefling we rescued last night? We could pay him to deliver the message. The Bastards are likely to hear him out and unlikely to kill him, am I right?"


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

So, shall we rest some, or head out right away? Andrea lightly neatens Emily's hair. Areal, there is a concern about the children. Last night we were attacked while we were with the children by a devil called a Ukobach. It seems it was specifily hunting the children. We need to keep them away from sources of flame since that devil can leap between fire sources.

Andrea nods at Orsin's suggestion. That sounds like a possibility, unfortuatly we don't know his name, but having a neutral party try to arrange things might work best.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Ye are welcome to talk to em. But me and Shinon at least will be in the shadows as backup. We won'tdo nothing till ye give the word.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Yes, Thank you, Duncan. If we are heading out today, I should finish my prayers and some of us are still wounded from last night.


Human, NPC

Janiven looks astounded, "Track down the tiefling nearly killed by our group last night? He suggested that he was working for the dottari, but healing him did not make him a friend. If you really want him as the messenger, perhaps Maurice can help but caution there..." Clearly not enthused by the idea.

"What if I went alone and posted a note asking for a meeting, I'm familar with the approach...I can get in and out undetected."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

I have no objection.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

"I defer to your judgement in this matter," says Orsin, giving Janiven a courteous nod. "In the meantime, may I inquire after Amaya...?" He cranes his neck as he looks about the premises.


Human, NPC

"We can ask for a meeting at the old Tamble Gardens in the dead sector, we can ask for a 3 to 3 meeting there. It's an overgrown garden now but it once was spectacular. There are penty of places to hide to keep an eye out on negotiations.

"Andrea or Orsin either of you care to write the brief note, say at 4:00pm for the time?


NPC, H/Elf

The young lass is at work, she did ask about you yesterday though." Hinting and teasing the bard slightly.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

I will finish my prayers for when we next head out. will you write the note Orsin? You are our most eloquent speaker.

Andrea retreats to a quiet place and starts focusing her mind to bring the knowledge of Eagle's Splender and Zone of Truth into her mind.

Feeling a light touch on your shoulder, Andrea turns to see Fiosa standing there with a concerned look on her face.

I'm sorry if I have been acting so bizzare. I..have been struggling to keep myself from unraveling, I still feel her in my mind. A scar from her anger. Andrea places her hand on Fiosa's, her eyes filled with pain.


Female NPC, Halfling

Fiosa simply nods and begins to pray without a verbal word.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

"I confess, I am still a newcomer to this whole operation. Perhaps it would be best if Andrea wrote the note. She, after all, has had more time to participate in the ongoing investigation."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Andrea will eventually finish her prayers with Fiosa, her mind settling into calm again as the miracles slip into her memory. Lightly stroking Fiosa's hand, Andrea heads to the others. Does anyone need healing from last night? I have plenty of potions.

Andrea listens to Orsin's suggestion. Very well, perhaps you could offer some suggestions. Be my editor. Andrea smiles slightly and gets some writing paper.

To the 'Bastards of Erebus'

We wish to speak to you about the incidents in the last few days regarding the blacksmith and the Misseppe noble and your involvement or lack thereof. We propose a 3 to 3 meeting at the Tamble gardens in the Dead Sector at 4:00 pm.
We offer this as a chance to peacefully determine your goals without there being futher bloodshed.

Andrea then shows Orsin and Janiven the note.


Human, NPC

Janiven lookss strangely at Orsin rejecting writing the note, " Andrea you can do it, a short note please."

Orsin tell her a few thing you think shoud be in the note.


Human, NPC

You should offer a few coin, 10GP, at delivery of the note to prime the pump and a promise of another 100GP, if they show and negotiate in good faith.

Areal places a small bag of 100GP on the table. "Put it to good use."


Human, NPC

Janiven says, "Loooks good but indicate the good faith money. They may come to rob us but at least we have them in the open."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Andrea nods and works on the note again.

To the 'Bastards of Erebus'

We wish to speak to you about the incidents in the last few days regarding the blacksmith and the Misseppe noble and your involvement or lack thereof. We propose a 3 to 3 meeting at the Tamble gardens in the Dead Sector at 4:00 pm.
We offer this as a chance to peacefully determine your goals without there being futher bloodshed. As a small token, we offer this 10 gp and will offer 100 gp if you agree to to show and negotiate in good faith.

Andrea thinks. Should we wear our masks for this meeting?


NPC, H/Elf

Looks good seal it with wax but first sign it the Brotherhood of Westcrown." Perhaps some of the fame will be known to them.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Andrea signs the note with 'Brotherhood fo Westcrown' and seals it.

It would be prudent for Shinon,John and Duncan to position themselves at Tamble gardens early in case hostilities start.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Let's drop it off now then, I wanna check out these gardens and have hiding spots well and truly picked out before thay get there.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

"I couldn't have written it better myself," says Orsin smiling.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Andrea nods and smiles at Orsin. Thank you, let us just hope that our choice is the correct one and least we made the attempt.

Andrea then gets her gear ready, giving the children a few last head pets as she waits for the others. Heading out when they do.


Human, NPC

The troup sets back out for the ruined district, the gate shift has changed and there is no toll to get through this time. Janiven first leads everyone by the Ramble Garden (I mispelled it previously) and shows the group an area where the meeting can happen. You find plenty of interesting spots for cover around.

Janiven bids here goodbyes and head off towards temple to deliver the note. "Back soon, find good places to avoid getting jumped form the behind."

The Ramble Garden was once massive city park but the years of neglect have left it little like its former glory.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Well, Shinon. Let's find a couple of spots to shoot. Better see if we can put John in charge distance.

Stealth check to hide. If the right roll sux, Duncan can watch Shin on and John and use their stealth roll via Stealth Synergy feat.1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


Evil GM

You have plenty of time to locate a few trees to hide in or behind that will put you roughly 60 feet from where the clearing the meeting is to take place. John and Ermolos can find secure locations about 70 feet form the center of the clearing to comfortly hide.

Fiosa is able take up a rear position.

Assuming neither Orsin and Andrea actually went with Shinon, then they are able to be near the center of the clearing waiting for the meeting.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon nods and positions himself in the trees on the opposite side of the temple's Bow and Arrow slit. He will hide in the shadows and cover, and ready himself to deal with any problems.

Stealth: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26
Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25
Shinon will ready an action to fire upon any creature in his line of sight that makes a hostile action towards any member of the group.

Longbow Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Longbow Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7


Evil GM

Janiven leaves the park area and heads to the former temple. After two hours, she still has not returned and it's approaching the designated time to meet. The park remains deserted, except for your group laying in wait.


Evil GM

The appointed hour comes and there is no sign of either Janiven or the Bastards yet.

About 15 minutes past 4:00 o'clock a small shadow can be seen on the far side of the clearing. A white flag hangs from stick and a street urchin emerges carrying something in his other hands. He is clearly nervous as he hesitantly walks forth toward Orsin and Andrea,

"I'm j...j...ju...just a mmmmmmessenger...dddon't shot" the boys stammers.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Wow, talk about post lag. Didn't see all these posts until just a few minutes ago.

Andrea narrows her eyes. Perhaps Areal was right all along.

Andrea makes soothing sounds. We won't hurt you child. Please tell us what you have for us.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


Evil GM

He approaches and places a sack on the ground, then backs up, "Palaveen had one of his goons grab me off the street and brought to him at their hangout. He gave me a silver, and roll, to deliver this to you." Clearly uncomfortable as he continues to backway.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Thank you. Andrea gives him another silver and send shim on his way.

Andrea looks at the sack.

Just how big is this sack? Large enough to keep a head in?

Orsin, please detect if this is magical before we open it.


Evil GM

The sack does seem to be bulging and yes, approximately the size that can fit a head and tie up.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Did it clink when it hit the ground or did it squelch?!

Getting ready to gear up for some good old fashioned Calistrian vengence. i.e Kill them and take their stuff.


Evil GM

The squishing splat sound as the boy let it go aroung two inches from the ground. There are a few flies buzzing around the tied bag.

"C..c..can I go?the trembling boy asks.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

"You're free to leave."

Orsin then casts detect magic.


Evil GM

The boy scrambles off and there is nothing magical about the sack. You can see the bottom is of the canvass bag is wet with a crimson color. The flies continue to buzz around.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Danger Wil Robinson, Danger

Andrea goes up and looks inside the sack.

If Janiven's head is in the sack.

Andrea's face goes white as snow and her eyes widen, her teeth clench and blood trickles from her mouth as as fights to keep from screaming. Her eyes then narrow and she cloes the sack, ties it closed and turns to Duncan and the others, waving them up.

Duncan, John, Shinon. I will never question your actions again. Let us go and kill every single one of them.


Evil GM

It's not Janiven's head but it there is human's head. He has the look of warrior, one who has seen his fair share of battles. His head was chopped off between the 4th and 5th vertebrae, a clean hangman's chop. Between his teeth is a wooden coin displaying a Mammon devil's head coins.

You can make a Know: Nobility or local


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Know local: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Andrea shows the head to Duncan, John and Shinon. I believe we have our answer, and because of my poor choice they most likely have Janiven as well. If we are to rescue her, I suggest finding one of the bastards and capturing them for a prisoner exchange. Or else we risk Janiven's death.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin stands from his position kneeling over the head and lets out a heavy sigh. "Janiven is only their prisoner if she's even still alive. We should have known better than to place our faith in these murderers."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

I agree. I will defer to Duncan,John and Shinon on our future actions.


Evil GM

Andrea:
You remember Arael mentioning lat night's kidnapping of the Miseppe noble andthe murder of some of his entourage. Given the freshness of the wound, the warrior type face you think that this may be another of his bodyguards that was captured last night.

By the time you examine the head, it is pretty close to the 5 pm hour. It is the late Spring, Desnus, and the days are getting longer. It doesn't get to be dark until a little after 8:00 pm right now.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

This appears to be the head of the bodyguard of the Miseppe noble who was attacked last night.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Duncan looks at the head.
All right. We smash them. We see Maurice and show him the bag and tell him Janivenis missing. We are the hammer and his boys are the anvil. We grab a battering ram and smash our way, in. We send them all back to the hells and get Janivienout.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon stares at the head and narrows his eyes. "Janiven..." he whispers. Right now, a woman was in danger. Not just any woman, but a beautiful, caring woman who was dedicated to protecting innocent people and helping others in need. A woman who was concerned for orphans, for the wronged in the city, and whose only mistake had been volunteering for a mission that should have been as simple as walking up to a door and leaving a note. And because she had volunteered, she could be dead or worse at this moment.

A deep, deep anger wells up inside Shinon. A rage he hasn't felt in years. He calmly snaps the rest of the broken string off his bow and restrings it, testing the new wire.

"Killing these people is too good for them," Shinon says quietly. Unlike his normal, energetic and rushed voice, he speaks slowly, purposefully, taking a brief pause between each few words in order to choose his phrasing carefully.

"There is still...information...we need from them. This is not...Jospuph's...head. We find them. We figure out which one...is the leader. We tie the rest of them...together with some rope, and get the leader...and Janiven...out. Then we burn the temple to the ground, with the criminals trapped inside it. Even if...they have some kind of...resistance to the flame, from their hellish...blood, the building will...collapse upon them. Meanwhile, we stand...outside. And we make...their leader...watch. Watch...and listen...to their screams for...help. His help. And when he tries to go to them...we hold him back. We hold him back...until the last moment. Then...we let him go. Just so he can run...to his friends' aid...in time to see the entire thing fall down upon them. After that...his spirit...what's left of it...will be a simple task to break. Leave that...to me. Jopuph is...my problem."

Shinon is literally shaking with anger. His eyes are cold and cruel, and he's clutching the arrow in his off hand so hard that it cuts into the skin of his palm and blood starts to trickle down his wrist.


Male NPC, Human Warrior1, Fighter1

A passionate Ermolos speaks, "At most we leave word a the gate for Maurice - no time to waste trying to find him. I'm going in today - with or without - dottari backing me up." He glares with calculated rage at the others, "I owe a lot to her." He doesn't wait, he simply turns and begins walking out fo the Ramble Garden.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Andrea nods and stands. She pauses and then turns to Fiosa.

Fiosa, I...I'm sorry with all my heart that my choice has endangered Janiven. Andrea kneels down and hugs her tight. I'm such a fool.

Andrea then stands and looks to John. John, perhaps you should be the point of the ram. No doubt we will be coming under fire from them as we move in and your tower shield will be very helpful.

3,501 to 3,550 of 25,171 << first < prev | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.