Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


3,451 to 3,500 of 26,346 << first < prev | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | next > last >>

Evil GM

Duncan and Shinon - disregard the additional catching on fire and reflex save.


Evil GM

RD2: Mid RD recap

Shinon - snapped string. Was hit for 5 HP of damage, possible gear on fire.

The Good Guy, Fiery death - attacked Shinon for 5 HP of damage, FE attacked John for 1 HP of damage and possible burn for 2 rounds. John needs to do a reflex save DC 11.

Fiosa - hiding wiht kids.

Duncan

John

Janiven -stepped up 5 feet to J11, and shot the devil for 3 HP of damage.

Andrea - cast mirror image.

Ermolos - stepped up to I,8 and missed.

Orsin - inspiring courage next rd.


Human, NPC

RD2 - Janiven takes a five foot step and fires her bow.

longbow: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 1 = 171d8 ⇒ 8

The arrow burns as it hit the fiery flesh.

---

Ermolos Steps up five feet. I8

Gr AXE: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 71d12 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

missing wide


Evil GM

Andrea where is your copy located? By the way...that's a trick to tease Fiosa with.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

I9. Unfortunatly it isn't tangible so I can't double team Fiosa.....I have to look into that clone spell.


Male Dwarf Warrior 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

RD2

In close with the Devil now, Duncan repeats his Strike.
Send ye Back ta Hell I will!

2 handed Blessed Power Attack, minus Buckler1d20 + 6 + 1 - 1 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 1 - 1 - 1 = 23
Damage1d10 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 3 = 9


Evil GM
Andrea1 wrote:
I9. Unfortunatly it isn't tangible so I can't double team Fiosa.....I have to look into that clone spell.

Can't be I9, the devil is in that hex, the bedding is on fire too.


Evil GM
Duncan Redhammer wrote:

RD2

In close with the Devil now, Duncan repeats his Strike.
Send ye Back ta Hell I will!

2 handed Blessed Power Attack, minus Buckler1d20 + 6 + 1 - 1 - 1
Damage1d10+4+3

You need to tell which hex you are moving too. H8 has the camp fire in it, so that is out. H9 in front of John is possible.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

J9 then


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

Reflex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
John will 5ft step to h10 and will strike the devil again.
Two-handed power attack: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 7 + 1 = 21
damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15


Evil GM

RD3: recap

Shinon - snapped string. Was hit for 5 HP of damage, possible gear on fire.

The Good Guy, Fiery death - attacked Shinon for 5 HP of damage, FE attacked John for 1 HP of damage and possible burn for 2 rounds. John needs to do a reflex save DC 11.

Fiosa - hiding wiht kids.

Duncan - mvoed to H9 and attacked, 9 Hp damage

John - five foot stepped to H10 and attacked 15 HP of damage

Janiven -stepped up 5 feet to J11, and shot the devil for 3 HP of damage.

Andrea - cast mirror image.

Ermolos - stepped up to I,8 and missed.

Orsin - inspiring courage next rd.

RD3:

Shinon
Devil
Fiosa - hiding wiht kids
Duncan -
John -
Janiven
andrea
Ermolos
Orsin

This round Orsin's inspire courage takes hold.

MAP RD3


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea moves up to H11 and casts Bane, sending a wave of ill power against their foes.

-1 Attack, -1 saves vs fear. Will save DC 14


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon sheathes his bow and draws his longsword.

Two separate move actions.


Evil GM

The fire elemental takes a five foot step behind Duncan but attackes the unarmored human.

FE: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 211d4 ⇒ 3
DC11 Reflex or burn for the following rounds: 1d4 ⇒ 3

The devil provides a horrendous chuckles, "Exxxxxxxxxxxcellent my brave souls" and then he spurts out a breath of fire that snags both Duncan and John.

firebreath DC 13 reflex for Half Dam: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 1, 1) = 5

Then he five foot steps into the fire and disappears. The fire elemental becomes the chard remains of the kitty cat.


Evil GM
Andrea1 wrote:

Andrea moves up to H11 and casts Bane, sending a wave of ill power against their foes.

-1 Attack, -1 saves vs fear. Will save DC 14

Its goine before you cast the spell, so save it.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

Reflex1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Reflex2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Evil GM
John Deos wrote:

[dice=Reflex1]1d20+2

[dice=Reflex2]1d20+2

You made the the reflex agaisnt he fire elemental, so there is no secondary burn. You missed the reflex with the firebreath so you take full damage from that.


Evil GM

Andrea:
From the earlier knowledge check you know this creature can as a swift action move between fires up to 100 feet away, similar to dimensional hopping.

The maniacal laughter can be heard outside "Enjoy my friends. SSSwwweeet dreams."

The window has now burned away leaving a dark opening that you can see the glimmering nearby fire. The basement access is clearly open for the night's creatures.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea instead uses another healing surge(2 out of 5) to heal themselves.

Heal: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 4) = 8

That thing can move between flames at will. I have no idea if this building has been set on fire, but we need to douse everything in this room

Andre apoints at the burning bedroll. Ugh..blast, what can we use to close that window?


Male Dwarf Warrior 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Gotta Put the Damn Fires out

Duncan Begins casting Create Water over and over to kill the fire inside the room. 6gallons per round. Once that is out, he puts out the small fire outside the window without leaving the room.

As the room darkens Duncan Casts Light, touching the window sill so that the only open entry/exit into the room is Brightly lit.

Best the rest a ye calm down and get back t'sleep. I can renew me light spell every 1/2 hour an those night beast stay away from the light. John, find something to block the whole will ye. Just expose the sill a bit so I can keep the entrance lit. I'll take mosta the night. Swapping with Andrea if ye can cast a light spell. If not, then I'll stay awake. Had me sleep.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin pipes in, "Andrea needs a full night's rest to replenish the bulk of her magic. I can manage until tomorrow night and I know the light spell as well. Just wake me when you need me."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

After the fire is put out and things start being secured, Andrea goes tot he fruit cellar and knocks. Fiosa, the monster is gone. After the door is opened, Andrea helps soothe the children, dabbing tears away and rubbing backs.

I can cast light as well, but I do need my sleep to gain my prayers for the next day.


Male Dwarf Warrior 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Shouldn't be a problem then, we'll manage between us.


Evil GM

Duncan provide me with three pereption rolls during your watch.

---

Orsin:
Make a Will Save for me after you drift back asleeep.

---

Andrea:
Make a Will Save.


Male Dwarf Warrior 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Perception1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Perception1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Perception1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


Evil GM

Duncan:
You hear the same or similar manaical laughter along with the sound of crackling fire coming from nearby. The sound is stronger the during the second hour.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19
baldwin the merciful wrote:

Duncan provide me with three pereption rolls during your watch.

---
** spoiler omitted **

---
** spoiler omitted **

Rolling: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17


Evil GM

Andrea:
You can sense there is something trying to communicate with you telepathically but your mind shelters you from the communication. It does cause you to flip flop around in your sleep.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

mmf..Nn...Whazzat..Nah. Eh..Mother..Sorry..

Emily rolls over and curcls up against Andrea's side, sucking her thumb as the priestess fidgits in her sleep.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

As the darkness rolls in and Shinon's eyesight fades, he nods to Duncan and lays down in the corner of the room, closing his eyes and falling asleep.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15


Evil GM

Orsin:
Here kitty kitty...crackle...burn...the house...kitty kitty here to burn the building. The sound of screaming rings in your ears as your eyes flutter awake."


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin throws himself up from his sleep, panting as tiny channels of sweat stream down his warm face. The ragged breaths become less labored as the bard collects his senses, recognizing the unfamiliar setting once more.

He looks to Duncan from his place on the floor, slowly rising.

"I can't sleep. I'll take the rest of the watch from here. Any reason to only keep the ligh only on the window sill?"


Evil GM

The sun rises a few hours later, there is no other incident in the abandoned basement for the group.

"I'm 'ungry 'mily? the little voice whispers.

"Is it safe now,"another voice asks.

"Yeh, yeh, is it safe? That was close...like the when it got Mufhta last week....it was...found us again." The oldest boy states.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea wakes, her back somewhat sore from the rough sleeping arrangements. Noticing that Emily was curled next to her, Andrea lightly movesaway. Time to wake up, Emily. Andrea says.

Tiptoing to the window, Andrea moves the cover aside and kneels, praying for her spells for the day and centering her mind after all the chaos of the previous day.

(Guess Andrea will be down for an hour while others RP with their new protegees. :)


Evil GM

Janiven looks round at the group and is considering the group. What to do with all these kids. Certainly, they would have died...if that thing was harvesting their souls. Her face perplexed, "So when do you want to begin that mission?" The question hanging out to the group as a whole.

"My thoughts are I can lead these kids out a breach in the wall then head to another gate in the Southwest. Maybe the one we used with the horses. I could secure them at the stable and get Gorvio to assist there." She looks around, "It'll take me some time to do this before I get back, that could kink the mission plans."


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon frowns. "I don't know...I don't know if that's such a good idea. All of these kids along with you might attract some unwanted attention and if it's just you you might not be able to protect them all. No offense to your skill, Janiven, but you can't be everywhere at once."

Scratching his chin and thinking hard for a moment, Shinon nods. "Okay. Duncan and I never got a chance to really scout out the temple yesterday. So why don't we split into two groups? Fiosa, John and Orsino can go with Janiven and take care of the kids, while Andrea, Duncan and I will scout out the temple and do our best to discover some entrance or any information that might help us. Then when you all finish you can meet with us near the temple and we'll strike them down as a group."


Male Dwarf Warrior 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Let's get the kids to safety. I'm hoping we could manage it without you but if yer really wanting t'be part of it, we can put it off. The kids come first. I ain'tsure why but that devil ain't done. Heard it again but the attack didn't come


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea hears this as she prays and decides that since the day is pretty much decided, she respectfully ceases praying for spells.

Turning around she weighs in Whatever we do for this day has pretty much been decided when that devil appeared. From what Duncan has said it has marked the children for death and thus will no doubt try attacking when our group is seperated. So, My suggestion is that we take the children back to the stables as Janiven has suggested and then determine how to deal with it. As it stands our mission against the Ba...Bad people in the temple is on indefinate hold. Andrea catches herself before she swears in front of the children..

Frankly I am wondering if we should even attack. Areal says they are linked to the deaths but just how? A name on the door? As foolish as it sounds I woudn't be surprised if negotiation works better. From what we have seen the tieflings here have legitamete grievences against non-tieflings and they may very well be a vigilante group like ourselves.

Andrea takes a sip of water. After all, there have been numerous murders against nobles and merchents that have ended up in the sewers with no connection, that we know of, to the tieflings. There might be another group doing these murders and framing the outcasts would work very well for shifting blame. The tieflings get blamed and wiped out by either the Hellknight,Dottari, or us and it gets labeled a public service instead a miscarriage of justice.

Pant pant pant.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

"I think Andrea and Duncan have it right. The children are now our first priority and after our encounter with the titling last night, I too have my doubts regarding the ... Sigh, 'Bad People of Erebus'. The real question however isn't if diplomacy is our first option, but if it's an option at all. We may have to simply accept that ote events xan't be reasoned with and must be neutralized with force."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Well, if we do attempt to negotiate, we will need to present ourselves as a group, or at least try to leave a message, even as simple as dropping a note at their door. Andrea helps Fiosa feed the meger remains of the rations to the children. Areal and now I have the ability to divine if someone is speaking the truth and even if attempting to approach is possible. A few simple spells can head off a massacre on both sides, or let us know that force will be our only option


Human, NPC

After providing the remaining the rations to the children, she gets them ready for journey. "We are going to take you to better place today..." touching a few small hands. "Anyone want to feed some horses or pony." Several excited faces look up and starts to lead the way to a breach.

The group is able to slip out of the ruined district without any major concerns. There are a few questioning eyes at the western gate but they wave you through.

The look on Gorvio's uncle's face at the stable was without joy seeing all the kids. His mood was tempered when Janiven handed over a few coins. He grumbled, then walked away.


Human, NPC

"So, anyone have any ideas now?"


NPC, H/Elf

After roughly an hour and half Areal arrives, "So, I see you all have picked up a few new friends," smiling as he rubs a little kids head. After a few pleasant moments he gets the adventurers attention and draws them into a small private room.

"Another Misseppe noble went missing last night. A little different this time...a coin was left in his carriage, which was hijacked, it had a devil's head on it." His expression is one of concern.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin looks to Arael and asks as plainly as possible, "Do you think there's any chance for diplomacy with these people?"


NPC, H/Elf

He looks at Orsin deadpanned, "Diplomacy by force, they are murderers...they leave their coins to flaunt their power. They want to be a big fish in the city's criminal network. And they believe they are above the law."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea sighs. Why am I started to think like this? The reason Orsin and I are now wondering about this is that we believe that it is possible, as foolish as it sounds, that they are a vigilante group that strikes against those who seek to harm other tielfings. We have seen that there is at least one human arsonist who gets a wink and nod whenever he burns down building in the North side.[/i]

[b] As for the deaths and kidnappings, it is simple to drop a coin or carve a name in a door to blame someone else. You and I, Areal have the means to divine the truth. I say we at least make sure before we kick down their door. If they have done these things, I have no further complaints, let us drag out as many as we can and then question them. Surely John, as an aspiring Hellknight and you, a follower of Imodae(sp) can see the value of making sure this is true justice.

As for your comments about their heritage, does that really matter? If it does, then it applies to me as well. After all, my swaddling clothes was a graveshroud and my rattles made of bone. Andrea lets her hand find Fiosa's. Is it nature or nurture?


NPC, H/Elf

He looks a bit oddly at Andrea, "Not all tiefling have evil intent, but to believe that they are vigilantes is simply naive."

He looks over to Orsin, "Is it possible that there is another vigilante group comprised of tieflings operating in the city ...yes...there are rumors of a special dottari force doing such work,...but...that is only rumor."

"The Bastards of Erebus are rotten to the core. Try to negotiate and they will make you pay for that mistake, there are times when talk works but not in this group."


Human, NPC

Sensing the tensions mounting Janiven comes up with an idea, "Andrea and Orsin if you are keen on trying to meet, I will go with the two of you to try to parlay." She looks back at Shinon and Duncan ..." let the hotter heads stay back on this one." She looks around at the others.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea nods. That sounds satsfactory. I apologise for any difficulties I have caused. Andrea wipes her sweaty face. I have been feeling ill these last few days, the stress has been getting to me.

3,451 to 3,500 of 26,346 << first < prev | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.