Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


301 to 350 of 25,193 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

Damage1d8 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


Evil GM
Kenji Masada wrote:

I struck the gobbo with a furious jab as I moved in only to just dodge an incoming attack from the second. I then unleash my fists of furry on the fresh one.

Attack 1:1d20+2 For:1d6+2
Attack 2:1d20+2 For:1d6+2

If the fresh gob dies before my turn, I aim my attacks at the one I hit last turn.

If that one is dead I return to Janiven and the boy.

You second attack hit, Goblin 2. Blooding his face.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 18/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Attack is standard melee so I miss.


Goblin NPC
Duncan Redhammer wrote:

Duncan weave his heavy hammer as through it were a feather and attempts to bullrush his goblin (the one carrying the dogslicers) into the wall to knock him prone.

Bullrush1d20+3

Aoo on the Bullrush

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 111d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Human, NPC

drops her bow and draws her longsword and swings at the goblin1, who is prone:

Janiven: 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 4 = 171d8 ⇒ 1-slicing into the beast


Evil GM
Duncan Redhammer wrote:

Duncan weave his heavy hammer as through it were a feather and attempts to bullrush his goblin (the one carrying the dogslicers) into the wall to knock him prone.

Bullrush1d20+3

He was able to step slightly to his side to avoid the bullrush.

Right now everyone but Shinon has completed Rd 2, and goblin 1, has not gone yet. I will hold till Shinon takes his action.


Evil GM

Rd2 Recap: So far. The blanks are the actions to be taken.

Goblin 3 jabs at Duncan and missed
Andrea did Hand of Acolyte and missed
Goblin 4 missed Duncan
John pulled long sword and hit Goblin 3 for 7 pts Damage
Kenji hit goblin 2 with one of his flurries for 7 pts damage - Goblin2 isDEAD
Shinon -
Duncan failed bull rush, provoked an Aoo that failed
Goblin 2 - DEAD
Goblin 1 -

So far, how the goblins look:

Goblin 3 damaged but still looks pretty healthy
Goblin 4 is damaged and looking unsteady
Goblin 2 is DEAD via Kenji
Goblin 1 was knicked

When Rd 3 comes around here is the initiative again:

Initiative Order:

Goblin3
Andrea
Goblin4
John
Janiven
Kenji
Shinon
Duncan
Goblin2 - DEAD
Goblin1


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Flank the slippery buggers
With multiple allies in the room, Duncan 5ft steps to get a flank
(or sticks with his goblin if no flank available)

2 handed attack1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 (add +2 if a flank is available)
Damage1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 18/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Just posting my action for when Round 3 comes up.

1. Andrea snarls at the goblin in the muck and mutter under her breath as her hand reaches out, blood oozing from her fingertips as she gathers her power.
Bleeding Touch attack. Attacks touch AC, 1d6 damage. 1 use out of 6 used.
Bleeding Touch: 1d20 ⇒ 151d6 ⇒ 1
2.If the goblin is out of reach(as in can't hit unless I tumble in the muck) Andrea delays again.


Evil GM
Andrea1 wrote:

Just posting my action for when Round 3 comes up.

1. Andrea snarls at the goblin in the muck and mutter under her breath as her hand reaches out, blood oozing from her fingertips as she gathers her power.
Bleeding Touch attack. Attacks touch AC, 1d6 damage. 1 use out of 6 used.
[dice=Bleeding Touch] 1d20;1d6
2.If the goblin is out of reach(as in can't hit unless I tumble in the muck) Andrea delays again.

Unless Shinon bull rushes him, or kills him with an arrow, you will get the next PC attack, since you are top of the order. The Goblin was prone in the square directly behind you. Yes, a 15 Touch attach does him damage.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

Assuming Goblin 3 is still alive after Shinon, John will attack it again.

Attack with Power Attack1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Damage in case it hit1d8 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Alos AC is where you want it. It does assume I'm wearing my shield.

If Golbin 3 was killed by Shinon, John will instead attack Goblin 4. Either way john will 5ft step to try and set Goblin 4 up for a flank.


Evil GM

I'm still waiting on Shinon to take his turn. I don't think Shinon gets a clear shot at the Goblin 3, so his options are to shoot into melee with either Goblin 4 or Goblin1. John, there is a table preventing a 5 foot step to get to Goblin 4, besides Goblin3 is standing there. Goblin 4 is basically in a corner, with goblin 3 to his left as he faces the PCs. Gobline 4 can't be flanked in his current position.


Male Human(Minkakian) Martial Artist lvl 2 (Int +4) (AC17)

Just hanging by waiting to put gobbo....whatever is i front of me out of its misery.


Goblin NPC

Sewer goblin 1 will try to poke Andrea wiht the spear:

Goblin 1: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 111d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4miss


Evil GM

Rd2 Recap: So far. The blanks are the actions to be taken.

Goblin 3 jabs at Duncan and missed
Andrea did Hand of Acolyte and missed
Goblin 4 missed Duncan
John pulled long sword and hit Goblin 3 for 7 pts Damage
Kenji hit goblin 2 with one of his flurries for 7 pts damage - Goblin2 isDEAD
Shinon - Held action.
Duncan failed bull rush, provoked an Aoo that failed
Goblin 2 - DEAD
Goblin 1 - missed poking at Andrea

So far, how the goblins look:

Goblin 3 damaged but still looks pretty healthy
Goblin 4 is damaged and looking unsteady
Goblin 2 is DEAD via Kenji
Goblin 1 was knicked


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 18/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Looks good. I like the recaps.


Goblin NPC

Rd 3, and Recap of actions posted.

Goblin 3 will try to pierce the dwarf with his spear.

Goblin3: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 61d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 - miss

Andrea touch attack on goblin 1, causing 1 pt of damage

Goblin 4 will try to hit the dwarf with both dogslicers;

Dogslicer1: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 161d4 ⇒ 2 hits
Dogslicer2: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 171d4 ⇒ 2 hits

Four points total damage to Duncan.

John crushes Goblin 3 and slices him in half.

Janiven swings her longsword at Goblin 1

Janiven's att. on Gob1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 211d8 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4

Kenji - ?

Shinon -?

Duncan's attack on goblin 4 misses.

Action is back to Kenji. He can move to attack Goblin number 4, or pick an alternative action. Shinon is up again, I will wait for his aciton. I will permit Shinon two attack rounds for the one he held (Rd2) and the new round (Rd3)

Goblin 4 is terrible shape.
Goblin 1 looks in bad shap too.


Male Human(Minkakian) Martial Artist lvl 2 (Int +4) (AC17)

I turn to goblin 4. "Shine!" I move in and jab.

Attack:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 For:1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

If I can five foot to him I would do a Flurry instead
Attack 1:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 For:1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Attack 2:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22 For:1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

If for whatever reason I cannot do the aboves, I simply stand there and look unpretty.

O.O wow 6s on all damage rolls? What are the odds?

Gonna wait an see if the flurry is even possible before I roll to confirm.


Evil GM

Yes you can 5 ft step, it was a diagonal.The goblin crumbles in a bloody mess with fractured jaw, and torn off ear.

The goblin had 1 HP left, but nobody could hit him. Goblin 1 is the remaining monster.

Everyone in the room: Duncan, Kenji and John and make a perception check


Male Human(Minkakian) Martial Artist lvl 2 (Int +4) (AC17)

Perception:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Sorry guys, was at work. Now then, time to get a piece of this!

Shinon quickly unloads two arrows into the goblin and attempts to bring it down all at once.

Attacking Goblin 4

Attack 1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Damage 1: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Attack 2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Damage 2: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Evil GM
Shinon wrote:

Sorry guys, was at work. Now then, time to get a piece of this!

Shinon quickly unloads two arrows into the goblin and attempts to bring it down all at once.

Attacking Goblin 4

Attack 1: 1d20+5
Damage 1: 1d8+1

Attack 2: 1d20+5
Damage 2: 1d8+1

Goblin 4 is down but we will call it Goblin 1. Firing into melee -4, you still hit and he is dead.

You notice that that Goblin one is naked...missing his loin cloth.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon groans and averts his eyes from the goblin nudity. "Guess we found the owner of our missing loin cloth," he announced, turning to the group. "Well, that was fun," he continued drily. "Wonder how many more goblins are down here trying to kill us. How much farther until we reach the surface, Janiven?"


Evil GM

Kenji you notice a small coin pouch hanign around the Goblin2 neck.

Inside it: is the following GP: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

The goblin has remanants of leather armor, and two dog slicers that are in descent working order. There are 5 short spears around the room.

There is also a small box behind the table.

Everyone else in the room can make a perception check. The goblin outside by the sewer is naked and there is a single short spear with him.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 18/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Andrea pants, the effects of her first real combat rushing through her system. Are they all dead? We need to leave here at once! Does anyone need healing?


Human, NPC

Janiven replies, {b]"We got turned around inthe tunnel, so I think this way is taking us the indirect route. There are several access to the surface but we could have risk on the surface with the Hellknights."[/b]

There is a surface grate outside the room, it is small 6 by 12 inches...basically a drain. You can see that it is getting near dusk perhaps only an hour or so available.


Male Human(Minkakian) Martial Artist lvl 2 (Int +4) (AC17)

I point at the goblin with the pouch. "The Chiisai bakemono has coin." I don't take it but rather I move to investigate the box. I take it and look it over. Is it locked?


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon walks over to the grate and peers out of it, trying to see if he can spot any hellknights nearby.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

M'fraid I ducked when I shoulda weaved girl. I'll accept a touch if yer offerin.

Perception1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11


Evil GM

A pine box that has been splatted with blood, it is ornate and it has an engraving of a man and women fornicating under a waterfall.

It does not appear to be locked.


Evil GM

Duncan your attention is on your wounds and you don't see anything in the room of interest.

Shinon you see a coin pouch around the goblin on the far left neck.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 18/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Andrea takes posession of the coin pouch and casts one of her few spells on Duncan.

Cure Light: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

I doubt we are going to be able to get through that grate.


Male Human(Minkakian) Martial Artist lvl 2 (Int +4) (AC17)

I open it.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon scoops the pouch up and examines its contents. "Stealing is despicable, but I will accept this small gift as an apology for your attempt on my life. Very generous of you," he said to the corpse.


Evil GM

Inside the box are the following:

A small chapbook, "Rusty Penskin's Most Excellent Guide to Life."
It is cheaply bound in a pigskin and parchment. Appraise DC12,

7 iron trade bars, marked with ruins DC 10 Appraise, or Dwarf can identify DC 5

33 copper coins, stamped with a ram on the back side. Appraise DC12, knowledge nobilit or merchant DC10

The box itself is DC 12 Appraise, or Religion DC10

pouch with; gold: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
silver: 1d25 + 5 ⇒ (22) + 5 = 27
Copper: 1d50 + 5 ⇒ (34) + 5 = 39

Shinon isnside the pouch is:

silver: 1d30 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 18/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

A fair windfall, now we just have to live to enjoy it.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

Perception1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
"These goblins are getting annoying, they are slowing our progress." To Shinon "Even though I had suggested it before, going on the surface now will bring to much attention to ourselves Since some of us decided to go swimming in the filth"


Evil GM

John you see the gaoblin behind the table has silver signet ring on his finger and coin purse.

Within the purse is 3 diamond chips worth 12 gp, 17 gp, 27 Gp; he also has a small topaz worth 24GP.

There is a piece of parchment in the purse too. It is a torn note Written to Jurul Ghard from Duxotar Iltus Mhartis: IOU 35GP

@Andrea - nope not getting through the grate. Not done tormenting you all yet.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon looks over at John's discovery. He approaches the human with a curious frown. "John, if you don't mind, I'd like to take a look at the ring you found..."

If John lets Shinon see it, Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17


Evil GM

XP for recent Goblin Lair Combat:

XP:
230 each

Shinon's knowledge local you know th its actually a House Vitraron ring, a lesser family that is tied to the Mezinas noble family.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 18/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Sigh. So it seem we will need to backtrack through the muck.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

"Sure" John hands the ring to Shinon. He then hands the bag of coins to Andrea "Here you seem to be holding all the money we have found, and you are not covered in filth."


Male Human(Minkakian) Martial Artist lvl 2 (Int +4) (AC17)

Kenji goes over the contents of the box carefully.

Appraise on book:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Taking ten on the bars for a total of 11 Appraise

Appraise on Coins:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Appraise on the box:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

I shrug and shut the box tucking in into my rather empty pack.
"We move soon. Befor more knights or bakemono come."

He will ask others to examine the box once we are sure we are safe. He's not hoarding it. Oh I at least know whats up with the bars.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon grits his teeth as he looks at the ring. He holds up the bag of silver he just retrieved and offers it to the human. "I apologize for asking, but do you mind if I keep this? This ring might be an important clue in regards to my investigation. Of course, I do not ask for you to hand over your spoils for free. So please, take this silver in exchange?"

Shinon's thoughts were racing. First Grulios, and now Vitraron? What was going on here? Were these goblins attacking nobles on the streets, or...Shinon's hand closes around the ring into a fist. If these nobles were getting involved in shady dealings, at least Shinon had some targets now. But a few rings wasn't enough to even convince him that they were involved. He needed to do some real investigating. At least he had a place to start, though.

Shinon had to admit, he was pretty lucky that Janiven had approached him today. He was already drawing closer to the truth than he had been in the few months since he had really gotten interested in the disappearances.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 18/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Of course This is so fantastic! Mother will finally be able to buy those new gravespider silk curtains!


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

"You can keep it. Now then shall we continue on?"


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 18/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Indeed, I wouldn't be surprised if those hellknights heard all the ruckus we made.Standard lineup as well travel?


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

"Indeed. Everyone keep a lookout, we don't want any more nasty surprises." Shinon got back in position behind Andrea and drew his bow, wiping sewage off it and grimacing.

As Shinon walks, he will keep his eyes and ears open:
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Cheers fer the spell. I'm in front. Lights out.
Duncan leads off again near the wall. at least hands on shoulders he didn't need to slow down...much.

He keeps an eye out for any exits they can use.
Perception1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 18/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Andrea gets in position behind Duncan.

301 to 350 of 25,193 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.