Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


3,401 to 3,450 of 26,346 << first < prev | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | next > last >>

Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Perception1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon groans and leaps over to the window, drawing his arrow and narrowing his eyes. He glances over to Duncan and nods, beckoning him over to the window as well.

Shinon readies an action to fire an arrow at any creature who enters his line of sight and line of effect through the window.

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Longbow Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Evil GM

You can smell the wood of the window begin to crackle from heat and flame. A pine smell beginning to fill the cellar as the smoke flitters around the wooden frame.

I nned to spend some time mapping the basement out. I don't all the smae maptools downloaded at the office as I do on my laptop.I've noted you action Shinon but everyone wait till to take actions.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Oh, hell no.

Can I tell if the fire is spreading around the entire building or if it's just focused on the window?


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Andrea's eyes widen in panic as the realization hits her. CHildren! Hunch down! Fiosa! We need to get some cloth to put over their faces.

Andrea starts getting whatever that can serve as a mouth cover, once again sacrificing a her robe if need be. Come children, time to play
Conwell the Red Arrow!
Andrea makes mentain of the popular childrens story of the dashing rogue as she fashions crude bandit masks for them.

Duncan! Time for water!


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Duncan casts create water at the top of the window, so it runs down to soak the wood, delaying it from burning through.

Find a blanket Wasp an I'll soak it so ye can run out wit the kids


Evil GM

John wakes up with the smell of smoke.

The window frame is clearing a blaze now. It doesn't seem to ahve spread - yet. the basemsent is stone, mortar, and dirt. The ceiling to the basement is wood. The staircase that is wooden rubble. Your recollection is the first floor was stonework.

MAP WITHOUT PCs

E3 and F3 is the stairs that is mostly missing and rubble. definately not enough to use. D& is the one window that is wooden and on fire now. I 13/14 and J 13/14 is the fruit cellar with the door.I've put a few children that are still sleeping on the map, the others are packed in the fruti cellar already.

I'm having trouble getting the token tool set up on this computer, so I don't ahve the characters avatrs yet. I will need to add those when I get home.


Evil GM

"Fire...fire is my friend"
"Fire, fire will not bend."
"Fire, fire is my friend."

The cheery voice sings from outside the burning window.

"Don't cha worry, I'll be in soon."
"Don't cha worry, I'll burn ya soon."


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

Whispering to the others "What is going on?"


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Orsin, Shinon! Get this blanket to Duncan! Andrea keeps helping the children.

Edit:

John! Someone is setting the house on fire!


Evil GM

Here is the map with the PCs.

MAP RD1

"Soon I'll be in the window and all will be fine."
The strange voice continues.

The sound of Orsin snoring is quite loud.


Evil GM

The window continues to burn away, there is sound of screeching from outside. "Here's a present for the kiddies." as a terrified horrific sound and flaming ball of busts through the fire. Shinon arrow pierces the charred flesh of the dead cat as it flops down in F7.

A wicked laugh cuts through the air.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Spellcraft to ID the spell, if the fire is magical1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

Duncan casts Create Water on the window again, Somebody hit me a damn blanket.


Evil GM

Out of the dwindling inside cooking flame emerges a 3 and half foot, flaming man that stands no taller than a child. His face is elongated, his nose the like a a knife while his eyes flicker wiht crazed menace. He is holding a fiery pitchfork which he quickly flicks with his wrists.
Embers fly in Duncan's direction.

Surprise round attack from behind the parties focus:

Embers: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 301d6 ⇒ 3

The ember strike Duncan's side.

confirm critical: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 231d6 ⇒ 6

Duncan is severely blistered by the fiery embers. The wild cackles punctuates the creatures joy.

I will roll the initiatives, Orsin gets a +10 to his fort to wake up.

EDIT: Duncan has the Westcrown Firebrand trait gives him an attack in the surprise round. He can take that first.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Fort: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13

OF COURSE, lol!


Evil GM

[spoiler=Initiatives]
Duncan: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Andrea: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10
John: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Shinon: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Orsin: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6
Janiven: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Fiosa: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17
Emolos: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Fiery Death: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Anyone with knowledge Religion or Planes can roll an identification.

Shinon
The Good Guy, Fiery death
Fiosa
Duncan
John
Janiven
Andre
Ermolos
Orsin

MAP RD1


Evil GM

The unnatural sound of Orsin snoring and muttering in his sleep about pink unicorns is extremely odd at this stressful moment.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Know-Religon: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Get it!


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Religion 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


Evil GM

Know Religion or Planes DC15:
This is devil of some type. Devils have fire, poison immunities and damage resistance. This on tends to reveal is its connections with fire.The fire poker that it is carrying is deady.

Know religion/Planes 20:
The particular type of devil is known as a Ukobach an intelligenct and cunning outsider. It has Spell resistance and can fire leap which is similar to dimensional hopping. Beware its touch as it causes additonal damamge and it can spit fire if it chuggles oil.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

It is a fire devil called a Ukobach!It can jump between fires and is difficult to hurt with magic! USe our magic weapons! Andrea gets her magic dagger out.

Edit: I just remembered! They are vulnerable to silver and weapons blessed by the heavens! Plus they really like setting fires the right way.


Evil GM

Know Religion/Planes=23 and higher:
Good and Silver avoids the damage resistance. Ukobach's are more than crazed pyromaniacs, they truly enjoy the progression and order of a burn.

Its maniacal cackle continues as it stands in the middle of the fire.

Shinon Only:
You hear the following in your head. Don't you love the smell of dwarf burning...it's even better than chard kitty cat....but nothing beats an elven bastard burning....hehehhhehehheh


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

Knowledge(planes): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
"I don't remember ever reading about this type of devil, though luckily I did purchase a silver weapon." John will pull out his Silver mace and will strike the devil
two handed attack with power attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

John does not have his armor on at the moment so his ac is 11.


Evil GM

John - On your turn I will move you up 5 ft for your attack, if that is ok.

Edit: Remember anyone using a silver slashing or piercing weapon has a minus 1 on damage. Minimum 1 on damage. CRB 155


Human, NPC

DM Only:
HP: 5d10 + 5 ⇒ (8, 10, 1, 8, 6) + 5 = 38
Reroll 1's: 1d10 ⇒ 9
HP 46

The remaining children are in a frenzy but manage to get inside the fruit cellar. Janiven pushes Fiosa into the cellar, "Don't come out that door, protect them with your life." She begins to shove the fruit cellar door closed. Last chance to hide everyone.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon grits his teeth. "Damn beasts of Hell. Why is it here?"

He jumps back to H5 and launches an arrow at the beast. "Orsino, this place is going to burn down if you don't get your ass up!"

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Evil GM

RD 1:

Wis Check DC 15: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

The Ukobach spends focuses on the burning cat which bends and twists into a small fire elemental. The elemental attacks Duncan.

Elemental: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 181d4 ⇒ 2
burn damage Reflex DC11 or catch on fire RDs: 1d4 ⇒ 2


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea knows that her weapons are nigh useless against the demons and picks up any children she can get to and hands them off to Janiven/Fiosa so they can be put safely in the fruit cellar. I'll try to help after I'm done getting the children safe.

Edit: For her remaining action, Andrea will cast Bless (+1 Hit +1 Save vs Fear 3 minutes) Should be enough to cover the basement


Evil GM

Mid RD1 Update:

Shinon - struck the Devil for 1 HP damage. Streaming to wake up Orsin.

The Good Guy, Fiery death - twisted the dead cat into a fire elemental. the fire elemental attacked Duncan but missed. Hit by shinon for 1 HP damage, hit by John for 15 HP of damage bludgeoning weapon.

Fiosa moved kids into the fruitcellar

Duncan

John - stepped up 5 ft to G9 and attacked the Devil hitting with a silver mace for 15 pts of damage.

Janiven - held action but will close the door to fruit cellar.

Andrea - finished pushing kids in the fruit cellar. Holding remaing action.

Ermolos
Orsin

Orsin gets a +12 on his fortitude to wake up.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin's save: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25

"Nnn...nn...Glah, pink unicorns! Wait, wha- what the hell's happened now?!!" Orsin scrambles to prepare himself as smoke and fire fill the room.

Is waking a full-round action? If he has actions left, Orsin will tie the mask around his neck to prevent smoke inhalation.


Evil GM
Orsino 'Orsin' Bessatte wrote:

[dice=Orsin's save]1d20+12

"Glah, pink unicorns! Wait, wha- what the hell's happened now?!!" Orsin scrambles to prepare himself as smoke and fire fill the room.

Is waking a full-round action? If he has actions left, Orsin will tie the mask around his neck to prevent smoke inhalation.

You have one action remaining, either std or move, which doesn't matter to me.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Listening to Andrea's advice Duncan acts.

Magic Weapons aye?

Having gotten his rest before shift, Duncan Invokes his Judgement, Smiting-Weapon counts as magic for purpose of overcoming DRand attacks with a 2handed chop, stepping in with the swing.

2 handed Blessed Power Attack, minus Buckler1d20 + 6 + 1 - 1 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 1 - 1 - 1 = 24
Damage1d10 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 3 = 10

EDIT: Confirm Critical1d20 + 6 + 1 - 1 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 1 - 1 - 1 = 12
Damage1d10 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 3 = 15


Male NPC, Human Warrior1, Fighter1

RD 1:

Ermolos will move up. I 7 Drawing his great axe he chops down on the devil.

Gr Axe: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 61d12 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

The heat from the devil makes his hands slippery and he has a difficult time swinging his axe.

fumble check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14


Evil GM
Duncan Redhammer wrote:

Listening to Andrea's advice Duncan acts.

Magic Weapons aye?

Having gotten his rest before shift, Duncan Invokes his Judgement, Smiting-Weapon counts as magic for purpose of overcoming DRand attacks with a 2handed chop, stepping in with the swing.

2 handed Blessed Power Attack, minus Buckler1d20+6+1-1-1
Damage1d10+4+3

What are you attacking the fire elemental next to you?


Evil GM

End RD1 Update:

Shinon - struck the Devil for 1 HP damage. Streaming to wake up Orsin.

The Good Guy, Fiery death - twisted the dead cat into a fire elemental. the fire elemental attacked Duncan but missed. Hit by shinon for 1 HP damage, hit by John for 15 HP of damage bludgeoning weapon.

Fiosa moved kids into the fruitcellar, bars it shut from inside.

Duncan - attacks devil 10 Hp damage.

John - stepped up 5 ft to G9 and attacked the Devil hitting with a silver mace for 15 pts of damage.

Janiven - held action but will close the door to fruit cellar.

Andrea - finished pushing kids in the fruit cellar. casts bless.

Ermolos - moved to I9, nearly dropped great axe.

Orsin - woke up.

RD1- Remaining actions: Andrea and Orsin.

MAP Rd2

FYI: If you all don't describe how you move your character, I'm assuming it's in the most direct manner to the objective which means if there is an AoO, so beit. Even if there was a way to get there without an AoO.

RD2:

Shinon
The Good Guy, Fiery death
Fiosa
Duncan
John
Janiven
Andre
Ermolos
Orsin


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Nope. the devil


Evil GM
Duncan Redhammer wrote:
Nope. the devil

The fire elemental takes an AoO.

FE: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 91d4 ⇒ 2
DC11 or catch on Fire: 1d4 ⇒ 2

misses.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea casts Bless (+1 Hit +1 Save vs. Fear) Should be enough to cover everyone down here)


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Pardon my interruption, but if Duncan is still wielding his bastard sword he threatened a critical hit with that 19 on his attack roll.

Shinon frowns, seeing the devil's skin seal up the instant it is struck, and turns his focus to the elemental instead, launching an arrow at it.

Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Dex check to avoid breaking a string: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Shinon adjusts his aim too quickly and he tugs back the bow hard, snapping his string. Shocked, Shinon grits his teeth and steps back away from the devil.

Move action to give myself some room. Back to the wall.


Evil GM

RD 2:

The fire elemental moves five feet. F8

And attempts to slam into the nearly naked man, John.

FE: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 181d4 ⇒ 1
DC 11 or on fire for RDs: 1d4 ⇒ 2

John's skin is burned and his tunic catches fire for 2 rounds causing 1 HP of damage each round, unless he makes a reflex save.

---

The devil steps out of the fire and flicks its poker unleasing a flame.
Moves to I9 The bed roll is ablaze form the contact.

embers: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 251d6 ⇒ 5

1=Ermolos, 2= Shinon, 3= John, 4=Andrea
1d4 ⇒ 2

Burning Shinon with the fiery ember.

Edit: I need a relex save DC15 to avoid your gear catching on fire.

Duncan: I also, need one from you from the surprise round.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Round 1: Orsin fastens his mask and uses a move action to get up from prone.

Round 2: Orsin begins to inspire courage and uses his move action to draw his blade. He takes a 5 foot step to enter G11 (assuming he got up into F11 the previous round).

Since I'm at the bottom of the initiative, the +1 to attack and damage rolls for everyone starts Round 3.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2
baldwin the merciful wrote:

RD 2:

The fire elemental moves five feet. F8

And attempts to slam into the nearly naked man, John.

[dice=FE]1d20+4;1d4
[dice=DC 11 or on fire for RDs]1d4

John's skin is burned and his tunic catches fire for 2 rounds causing 1 HP of damage each round, unless he makes a reflex save.

---

The devil steps out of the fire and flicks its poker unleasing a flame.
Moves to I9 The bed roll is ablaze form the contact.

[dice=embers]1d20+10;1d6

1=Ermolos, 2= Shinon, 3= John, 4=Andrea
1d4

Burning Shinon with the fiery ember.

I moved already and my action comes before him. Am I still in range of his attack?


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea will 5' step back to i11 and use her Copycat Domain ability

Creates a single mirror image for 3 rounds 1 out 6 six uses used


Evil GM
Shinon wrote:
baldwin the merciful wrote:

RD 2:

The fire elemental moves five feet. F8

And attempts to slam into the nearly naked man, John.

[dice=FE]1d20+4;1d4
[dice=DC 11 or on fire for RDs]1d4

John's skin is burned and his tunic catches fire for 2 rounds causing 1 HP of damage each round, unless he makes a reflex save.

---

The devil steps out of the fire and flicks its poker unleasing a flame.
Moves to I9 The bed roll is ablaze form the contact.

[dice=embers]1d20+10;1d6

1=Ermolos, 2= Shinon, 3= John, 4=Andrea
1d4

Burning Shinon with the fiery ember.

I moved already and my action comes before him. Am I still in range of his attack?

of course you are.


Evil GM

RD2: Mid RD recap

Shinon - snapped string. Was hit for 5 HP of damage, possible gear on fire.

The Good Guy, Fiery death - attacked Shinon for 5 HP of damage, FE attacked John for 1 HP of damage and possible burn for 2 rounds.

Fiosa - hiding wiht kids.

Duncan

John

Janiven

Andrea - cast mirror image.

Ermolos

Orsin - inspiring courage next rd.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Duncan Reflex1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11


Evil GM

Duncan - During the surprise round some of you gear caught fire. You can randomly select one item.
1d6 ⇒ 5

The damage is to your gear, it costs a move action to jettison the stuff. If you choose not to remove it, but to move up instead, you take the fire damage too.

Edit: you need to tell me if you removed the burning items, you would not have been able to strike the devil then. If you choose to keep the item on then your hit succeeded but you took move damge.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Reflex save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

3,401 to 3,450 of 26,346 << first < prev | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.