Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


3,101 to 3,150 of 26,346 << first < prev | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | next > last >>

Evil GM

His hand extends still holding the 6 gold, "I'm feeling the need to stuff a pipe."


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Always time fer a smoke. Good day te ye.

Duncan moves off to the side of the gate to allow the guard to make his turn. Once the man is appropriately looking in the other direction he ducks through the gate and cuts away left, out of sight. He waits but a moment for Shinon and Andrea and stomps off along the wall.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea darts in with Duncan and along the wall. Shall we wear our masks for this fight? Andrea has made sure to keep her mask in her 'battle bag' that contains the healing potions.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon steps through the gate and removes a mask from his pack. "Whether you guys wear one of these or not, I'm putting it on. Being a mercenary in this area is bad enough, but being a successful one is worse, and I'd rather not chance that my fame is well known here. If ever I was to find someone I made an enemy of, it would be in this part of the city."

Shinon places the mask over his face, along with adding a top hat with a feather.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31 (Does Shinon notice anything out of the ordinary?)


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea will put her mask on when they closer to the area that the Bastards lair at. Let us hope that the others are not hung up by that guard.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Duncan trots along but allows Shinon to take the lead. The elf was a fine sneak despite lacking durability. He already had his helm (with Ragathiel likeness face plate) on.
Lead on Trigger, let's try to not start the party without everyone else though.


Evil GM

Shinon there is nothing out of the ordinary. You get the usual eyes ofr the street kids, and few groups hanging out together. There are several merchants and smiths open for business, their shops are tattered.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Perhaps Duncan can disguise himself and wait for the others, giving them a wave when they come up the street.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon will approach the church, doing his best to remain unseen by hiding in the alleys and will give it a thorough examination from his hiding spot.

Stealth: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27
Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

When do John, Orsin, and the others arrive?


Evil GM

Here is a general map of the city of Westcrown. You can see Vizio's Tavern, where you first met Janiven, the safe house, the stables and lastly where the temple of Erastil is located. Not much detail in the map but it provides points of references.

CITY MAP


Evil GM

As you approach the old Temple of Erastil you can see a few old abandonaed and boarded up two-story buildings nearby. The faded signs reveal a chair-carpentar, shoemaker, tailor, and wood carver. There are several ruined building in addition. Roughly 50 feet from the temple is the old hitching post with a roof over it, there are rocks and rubble under the roof which can serve as location to hide.

The temple itself is 45 feet long and 25 feet wide, you can see only one door. There is, also, a 10 by 10 foot bell tower attached to the bottom sturcture and it rises three stories into the air.

Shinon's scouting the area confirms there is only one door.

Where are you watching the temple from?


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

I'm watching the temple from a roof on a building that is adjacent to a building adjacent to the temple.

Shinon nods. "Alright then. Andrea, make me disappear."


Evil GM

As Shinon creeps around the temple to get a closer look he can spy a bow and arrow slit in the bell tower, a symbol of Erastil. There a a few windows roughly 4 feet off the ground but they are grimy and caked with dirt. The bottom 3 feet of the structure is old mortar stone, the remaining structure is weathered wood and clay.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

When Shinon is ready, Andrea wiggles her fingers and breathes a prayer.You will have three minutues. Shinon's form goes transparant and then vanishes completley.

Don't dally.

Andrea will be near Shinon, close enought o cast the spell but out of sight.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon grins as he spots the symbol. "Now there's a god who knows how to have a good time," he whispers to himself. After Andrea casts her spell, Shinon creeps slowly up to the front of the temple.

Stealth Check: 1d20 + 34 ⇒ (2) + 34 = 36

Once Shinon is at the front, he will listen closely to the door, attempting to hear anyone behind it.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

If Shinon can hear anyone, he will take a step back and try to open one of the windows and climb through. If Shinon does not hear anyone, he boldly attempts to open the door.

Disable Device (If Door is Locked): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25


Evil GM

John rejoins Orsin, Janiven, Fiosa, and Larko near the norhtern gate. Their they see 4 guards looking bored manning the gate, there is dual guard house rises up 30 feet into the air. There is bulky Sergeant standing in the right doorway fiddling with the edge of his greataxe.

"Halt, state your business!" One of the guards bellows out as the group approaches.


Evil GM

Shinon the door is a thick weathered oaken door that has carvings of elk, huntsman and farmers. The door looks like it has endured the nature, and the fall of the northern districk relatively well, except for one chuck missing near the upper left side with looks like it had taken an axe chop to it. There is brass plated key hold and handle.

Shinon:
You don't hear a sound coming from inside. I need you to make a reflex save for half damage. burn: 2d4 ⇒ (4, 2) = 6 As your jiggle the handle you hear a growl from inside.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

DM Only:

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Shinon frowns as he hears something from inside growl at him. "What in the...ah!"

Shinon steps back as he feels a blast of heat coat his entire body. "Why you..." Shinon raises one foot and slams it against the door.
Strength check: 1d20 ⇒ 1


Evil GM

Shinon roll a dex check to see if you stay on your feet or end up on your arse.

Shinon Only:
half damage, so it is 3 HP

Duncan and Andrea can make a perception check sound, for a loud thump coming from the front of the building.

DM Only:
perception check form bell tower: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

"HALT! WHO GOES THERE!, the temple bell begins to get rung loudly.

So much for simply scouting to gather information. It should be interesting with half a party.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Dex check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Shinon sighs and quickly moves to the other side of the building, standing stock still and waiting for the guard to leave.

Stealth check: 1d20 + 54 ⇒ (4) + 54 = 58


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Duncan, That was Shinon wasn't it? He did it again didn't he? Let us leave, if he wants keep doing this I will not aid him.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Y'mean ye honestly thought he WOULDN'T start somethin'. I don't call him Triggercause he's a good shot lass. I came specifically cause I knew this would happen. The lad has time. Hopefully he's smart enough to get out. If not....that's why ye got ME.


Evil GM

"Intruders....Intruders...the bell continues to ring.

I need Duncan and Andrea to place themselves, at or near, the outside of one of the building described above. Tell me which one. If you are going to try to enter one of the buidlings let me know that too.

When you move the it's a +20 not +40 on stealth checks. The kick, and move to the side is at +20. The next round if you stay still it bumps up to +40. CRB 302 You have 9 more rounds of invisiblity left. Given the time it was cast, you climbed down and scouted the entire building, then tried the handle and so forth.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Well..Andrea will be with Duncan. Near the wood carver? Or Shinon did say he was on a building adjacent to a building adjacent to the temple.
SO most likely there.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Like shinon said. Put us on the roof of an adjacent building. Preferably one with a straight. run to the gate.

Girl we need t'get downstairs now. Cast disguise self on ye, t'look like a Hellknight in armor.
If we need t'run, hopefully they won't chase to hell knights running fer reinforcements, aye?

Duncan completes his spell and suddenly he appears as a 5'8 hellknight in plate. Short for a human, but tall enough to appearhuman at least. His bastard sword looks like a hellish themed Greatsword. His helm, however is unchanged.

Leave something Trigger will recognize out of the illusion.

Back.in 1 1/2 hrs.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

I didn't memorize a disguise spell because I had a charm spell for the prisoner. Andrea gritted her teeth. If Shionon hadn't of screwed up I wouldn't have needed one anyway. Andrea gets off the roof with Duncan and removes her mask if need be. If we walk together then we can still make it, you are escorting a prisoner or I am your healer.


Evil GM

The woodcarver is the closest buidling to the front of the temple, the shoemaker is the closest building to the rear. the others are a bit farther back.

The tiefling in the bell tower is looking through the arrow slits at the various buildings.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

He stopped ringing the bell and yells out. "Looks like two people climbing down the woodcarver building!


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea swears Shinon, you utter moron. Time to run Duncan.


Evil GM

'HELLKNIGHT RAID!!!!'


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon will also make a dash for the gate. Hopefully he should be able to get there in 9 rounds.

Stealth Check: 1d20 + 34 ⇒ (12) + 34 = 46


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

As soon as they hit the ground, Duncan smacks Andrea on the rump and says, Go Lass, run from cover to cover so they can't shoot ye in the back.

He pumps his Dwarven legs as fast as they will carry him,
THE TRIGGER IS SPRUNG MOVE MEN!!

He powers along, Ignoring the weight of his armor. Should they make it to near the gate, he pulls off to the side, out of the gate's line of sight.
Wasp, with me. Hopefully they be battening down the hatches, should be safe.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea picks up her hem and runs into cover so she won't get an arrow in the back. As they near the gate, Andrea pulls aside with Duncan. Theya re probably running out the back door after setting a fire. I really doubt the Bastards would fight Hellknights.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Duncan laughs, Let's hope they leave their valuables then.


Evil GM

"Two are runing like scared pigs."


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

As Orsin and the others approach the gate, he swears that he heard some strange commotion from far on the other side. His well-trained ears pick apart the distracting noises and zero in on the source of the ruckus.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Alright a 22, not bad, what does this tell me?


Evil GM

Orsin you har a chruch bell ringing. There is not rhythm to it, it seems a bit frantic and certainly not on the the hour or half hour chime.


Evil GM

Andrea and Duncan make a perception check please.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin exchanges a worried glance with the others and approaches the guards.

"Pardon us, but we need to get by!"

His kerchief mask is already on by this point.


Evil GM

Janiven tugs Orsin's kerchief down as you approach. Don't look suspicious.

"PARDON HIM...HE NEEDS TO GET BY. The first guard responds.

There are a few snickers, then another person responds, "EXCUSE US, MR. MAYOR NEEDS TO GET BY....STEP ASIDE."

A third member joins in the fun, "THAT'S NOT THE MAY'R, OR THE DUXOLAS, OR THE PARALICTOR BUT WHO COULD THIS BE TO DEMAND US TO STEP ASIDE?"

A fourth interrupts, "IT MUS' BE NO...NO ..COULD IT BE? AN ACTOR!" The whole squad is laughing at your expense.

"Step aside dandy and move along back to the safe opera district."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Duncan, when and if Shinon rejoins us, hold him down. I am going to box his ears.

Andrea looks very disgusted. They are going to either be gone or fortified for who knows how long.


Evil GM

Andrea only:
You see a few droplets of blood heading down the road towards the gat. Enough to track.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea points the droplets out to Duncan. Is that blood trail moving? It is headed towards the gate. That might be Shinon. If Duncan wants to follow, so will Andra.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon will reappear a few rounds later next to the gate, glancing around for any signs of his allies. "Well...that could have gone better," he mutters, taking his hat off and slipping his mask from his face.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea will start following the blood trail with the determination that would make a bloodhound woof in approval. When she sees Shinon, she has a very unpleasant look on her face and starts chasing after him. Shinonnnnnnnnn!


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon grimaces in anticipation. "Oh crap! Um, hiii Andrea! Fancy meeting you here!" He quickly ducks behind a pillar.

A few seconds later, a young humanoid with a slender build wearing slightly singed studded leather armor and a rather familiar-looking cloak steps from out of the shadows. Who it is, no one can be sure, for the person's face is hidden by a strange mask.

"Why hello, young acolyte of faith," the being says, its voice betraying its gender as male, which Andrea could not have known otherwise due to the power of his mask. "Seek you the half-elf who was just here? I fear he has made haste towards the Market District. That way," He raises one cloaked wrist, his fingers emerging to point in a direction beyond the gate.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea thuds into you, her hands boxing your pointy ears and making your head ring.

What was that all about? We were just going to have a look and then geteveryonenotalerteveryBatards inthere.! Whack thud smack. You promised you wouldn't do anythinglikelast time this is the %#&@%@ third time!

*biff*
*pow*
*uppercut*

Thirdtime THIRD time! Back at thetavern where you got an axe in your head and in the sewer where you took off with the bandit and LET THE RATS STRIP THE FLESH OFF MY LEGS!

Andrea leaves the beaten ranger in the dirt and stomps back tot he gate.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

"Look, we haven't much time, so I take it there's a...toll that must be paid for us to get through?"

Bluff to innuendo that we can bribe him: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Duncan sees the blood once it is pointed out to him and drops the illusion. He follows and seeing Shinon's attempt to deflect Andrea's anger barrels in and stands VERY close.

Ye are REAL quiet when ye wish ta be lad. But ye keep making stupid choices that put us at risk as well an I swear I'll make ye a foot shorter so's then ye'll know how te keep ye head down. Scoutin means watching and listening and learning due foe's routine and weakness. It does not mean try and break in on ye own an leave yer backup outside where they can't help ye. Next time you feel like doin that go by yeself and save me walking along.


Evil GM

The guard stammers a bit.

Then a Sergeant steps out and intercedes in the matter, I see six well armed mercenaries needing access through this gate, perhaps you are following a dwarf, a half-elf and a woman?" He shrugs. "Don't know what your purpose is ...perhaps, you are chasing a bounty, perhaps a fugitive but YES it has a mild toll to get through the gate." He is puffing on a cigar, "Seems you are in a hurry and the long way around the outside of the wall would only cause delay and possible escape of your querry...I'm happy to open the gate for a modest $25 gold per head." His brown smile is crooked.

Orsin, John, Janiven, Ermolos, Fiosa, Larko

3,101 to 3,150 of 26,346 << first < prev | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.