Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


3,051 to 3,100 of 26,346 << first < prev | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | next > last >>

Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

"I suppose it's up to the group to decide if Fiosa comes or not. But what about Janiven? She can hold her own in battle and we could use all the help that we can get. If the squad idea is out, let's at least bring more than six blades with us. Duncan, do you think Ermolos would come if we asked him to?"

Shinon stops for a moment. "Extra blades, huh?" He hangs his head as he hears an energetic female laugh booming in his mind. "Can't believe I'd even consider inviting her...nah. That's crazy. She's way too reckless for an infiltration and assassination."

Scratching his head, Shinon tries to work out the numbers. "Well, if we have Janiven with us, then obviously Arael would stay behind. So that's me, Janiven, Maurice, Ermolos, Andrea, Duncan, Orsino, and John. Eight soldiers. Eight soldiers and a medic, if Fiosa joins us. Those odds definitely sound better than six."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea looks a little dissapointed in Areal's suggestion that Fiosa say out of combat. Yes you are correct. Fiosa should stay with you and Janiven to keep watch.

I agree with Areal, Janiven has seen where the Bastards stay but not us. Some hidden scouting will be very helpful in seeing where we can strike. My invisibility spell can be useful for say Duncan or Shinon to examine the grounds. Plus we can do a little shopping for the items to capture any Bastards.

Andrea accepts the potions. You are very generous, I must say that I have plenty of the potions you gave me yesterday. A good sign that we didn't need all of them. Andrea smiles lightly and pats her bugling satchel of potions. Thank you for the restoration potions to help cure my sickness. Andrea offers anyone extra potions from her satchel.

I have a whopping 6 potions of CLW in Andrea's satchel left over from the last fight. Dip in if you want.

As for magic, If we wish to capture I can pray for a spell called 'Hold Person' that can briefly paralyze, or as Duncan has seen, a blast of sound can send them reeling.

Andrea replies to Shinon. If we have such a large group, we might want to be in two squads. of course there is the danger of splitting our forces. As for Maurice, I don't know if he would be available for direct combat, having him stand by with some dottari might be better.

After other chime in on their opinions.

From what I read about that devil our captive talked about, we have a very serious poroblem if he is unable or unwilling to call it off. Remember, he said his family would be the summoners so disposing of him would only make it a certainy of their wrath. I reccomend that we don't seperate ourselves for the forseeable future, Shinon especially since you were so rough with him. I can prepare spells that can bless our weapons but we will have no idea where or when the devil will strike if it is called.


Human, NPC

Janiven responds to Shinon's suggestion that she enter the church, "I'm best used with my bow at a distance, that church is not that big. It is going to get mighty cramped inside. I can direct a few of the Brotherhood from a distance to make sure we box them in, no escaping." She looks around.

"I would be surprised if any dottari can actually come with us. Wasn't Maurice off yesterday, so he had time. Duncan or John can ask though at least get us through the North gate without being stopped and questioned, remember there are some less honorable that serve in the dottari"

"Arael can stay back with the other Brotherhood members, no need to put everyone in harms way."


Male NPC, Human Warrior1, Fighter1

"Wild horses won't keep me out of the fight."


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon nods. "Okay, so Janiven and I will stay outside and provide ranged support while Ermolos, Duncan and John can rush inside and beat the tar out of them. Andrea can paralyze people with the will of a god (Glad she's on our side, by the way), and Orsino, you can...er...sing!"

"As for the scouting mission, leave that to me. I promise, I won't do anything stupid this time," he adds quickly, smiling at Andrea. "Andrea and one other person, come with me. When we get near the church, Andrea can cast her spell, and I'll search the grounds. Meanwhile, Andrea and the other person can watch each other's backs and if I need help, they can run in and help me retreat. We will not engage the enemy unless we are literally backed into a corner. Sound good?"


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea nods. That sounds agreeable.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

"You know I can do a lot more than just 'sing', Shinon. A handful of bisected goblins and a goblin king with a fatally ruptured ear canal are proof of that. Otherwise, yes, sounds good."


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Aye, the boy'll come. He can fill any holes wit his Great axe. Speaking o holes. Some talkin tactics might be in order. Nothin more orderly than a dwarven army an I been part o one or two. I'll keep it simple.

Duncan begins to draw on the wall with some chalk.
Outside and outnumbered: Form a box with me and Duncan on the side o enemy advance.
Or if we got walls at our sides or backs, line abreast with Shinon and Andrea at the back.
The idea is protect the casters and archers and.NOT get flanked.
Outside and numbers in our favor: We Surround and Pound.
Inside is our best bet. Especially for this job. Me an John can fill a 10ft corrider pretty well with our Swords and Shields. The rest o ye can work it out but keep at least 1 sword at the back.
Corridors are best for indoors. Enemies can't get t'our casters and Shinon is pretty good at shooting into melee. Keep me an John on our feet and enemy numbers matter a lot less. The weakness is area spells our casters take em out first. Shinon..Readying a bow shot to hit a man as he casts can put him off so he loses the spell.

He wipes his drawings off the wall.

That's enough fer today. We should get ourselves ready. John, ye mind letting Maurice know what'shappening? Me an Shinon can scout the place.a bit today if ye want. I got a spell or two can make me look like a Derugar or another dwarf. Shinon is getting to be a good sneak when he stops threatenin everyone, so we might be best to look about. Or y'know, we canjust assault blind. Wouldn't be the first time. Gotta get me some o them sneaky elf boots or quiet me armor somehow


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea listens and is impressed with Duncan's grasp of tactics. I agree scouting is good. I can make myself look like someone completly different with magic similar to what Duncan uses so our identities will be unknown. Once we get closer, I will conceal Shinon for his scouting.

Andrea is ready to go for scouting at least today.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon stares at Orsino in surprise. "Wh- that was you? You're the one who killed the goblin king?! You kill-stealing jackass!" He groans and slams his fist into a wall. "Man, and I totally had that guy too...ah well. Fine, I didn't mean to offend you or anything."

Shinon nods to Andrea. "Alright then. Let's get going before it gets too dark. I can't exactly scout the place out if I can't see and am also being mauled by shadow beasts."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea will head out with Duncan and Shinon. Just tell me when you want to scout, you will have three minutes to looka round.


Evil GM

The three of you get to the northern gate and dottari guard there stop you. A four young guards stop forth with a scrowl on their faces, "Halt! State your business."

This is not the same group that knew Maurice.


Evil GM

John when you arrive at the dottari headquaters you learn that Maurice and his squad are out on assignment.


Evil GM

Orsin, Ermolos, Fiosa, Janiven and Larko leave the safehouse about two hours after the the first group leaves. Providing some time for the others to get to northern gate and scout out a bit.


Evil GM

John Only:
I forgot to tell you a couple things on the salikotal devil, so you recall these things as you travel to the dottari headquarters. You know they have an ability that they focus on daily before they perform their contract. These vegneances are called Fideicide, Necrocide, and Omnicide. You recall that necrocide has to do with the victim being animated as zombie under the control of the devil. They others need to be researched.

Lastly, they are masters at stealth.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon frowns and steps forward. "Good afternoon, gentlemen! Is there a problem? We are simply walking through the city. Is the gate closed for some reason?"


Evil GM

Shinon you know from living in the city that the northern gate is always locked and that access is typically limited. Basically, a means of separating the undesirables.

The gaurd looks at you and replies, "No access beyond this point by order of the Mayor. Now, beat it."


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Ah, yes, I think I remember something like that being mentioned back when we were at the east gate. My mistake.

Shinon frowns. "I can understand why you'd lock the gate to keep those on the other side out, but why won't you let us in? Protecting the safety, prosperity and...cleanliness...of our city is all well and good, but should it really come at the expense of our freedom? Please, sir. My parents are living in the Dhaefelen Marches and this is the quickest way to get there, especially since that commotion at the east gate."

Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 20


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea nods. Indeed sirs, we don't want to cause any worries and are fully aware of any difficulties there might be. Openign the way for just a few momments surely won't cause trouble for you and the city, correct?

Aid another diplomacy 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28


Evil GM

"You don't look like the Mayor and certianly don't dress like the Mayor." The others laugh.

"There have been recent disturbances in the northern district, for the safety of everyone including those who are only passing through on the shortest route, the gate remains locked. The punishment if I break my command is harsh." This surly man looks at you, "Besides what's in it for me?"

Diplomacy to influence takes 1 minute of time, and this lot is no-nonsense.


Evil GM

Shinon, Duncan and Andrea can make a perception check.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Perception (+2 if involving humans, half-elves or half-orcs): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30

Shinon frowns. "Oh, I didn't know that there was a real threat up there. Thank you very much for your concern about our safety, guardsman. We're lucky you were posted here. Well then, we'll just find a safer route. Have a nice day!"

Shinon leads the other two into an alley a few blocks away. "Even if we could bribe them to open the gate for us now, there's no guarantee they'd open it when we came back, and there's definitely no guarantee that the guard on shift tomorrow will accept the same bribe, so it's not exactly useful to us to scout this out if we find a conditional method through the gate. The first step of our scouting mission is to find a reliable way through. Did you guys see anything?"


Evil GM

Shinon Only:
You saw a man looking down at scene and he signaled to another guard who was standing in doorway off to the right. He held up one hand with his fingers spread.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2
baldwin the merciful wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

DM Only:
You mean like he was holding up five fingers? Like the number five?

Evil GM

Shinon Only:
correct.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2
baldwin the merciful wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

DM Only:

There's a use of the Sense Motive skill that allows you to understand secret messages that are attempting to be relayed to you. It uses body language as well as words, so would I be allowed to make the check (at a penalty) to understand what he's trying to tell me even though I can't hear him?

Just in case
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13


Evil GM

Shinon Only:
yes you can use yoru sense motive to detect secret message but in this case with your roll it is an automatic miss. His bluff score is higher than your roll. Plus, he is not necessarily trying to tell YOU anything. To you he could simply be stretching his sword hand.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

DM Only:

Alright then.

Shinon frowns, trying to make sense of what he just saw. "Well, it doesn't matter. Okay then. Duncan, Andrea, do either of you have any suggestions? This wall is what's keeping us from our raid."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

After the move to soemwhere else. It looks like we will need to find a different way in. I believe Maurice did talk about how we could travel through a more round about route when we fought the goblins but it would take longer. Perhaps we should try that way?


Evil GM

Andrea Only:
You see man in the window looking down at the group and then over to another man in the doorway to yoru right.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Plus we are being watched by a man in a window who is perhaps signaling someone else. Andrea whiseprs. So We should try another route or come back when the gaurd that are friendly to Maurice are here so we can pass through. Our scouting mission is comprimised most likely and I wouldn't be surprised if The Bastards have an accomplise here.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon frowns. "Well, we're already here. Let's go ahead and try this other route. Hmmm...now then, I bet if we could find a map of the city we could plan our way around it."

Know (Local): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30 (Is there anywhere around here that sells maps of Westcrown?)


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Ye dolts! He said what's in it fer me? And the e looked to the boss fer a price. I bet ye if we make Iman offer he'll let us through.


Evil GM

Shinon you recall seeing a cartographer's shop "Longgy's and Latty's" about a half mile south of the gatehouse.


Evil GM
Duncan Redhammer wrote:
Ye dolts! He said what's in it fer me? And the e looked to the boss fer a price. I bet ye if we make Iman offer he'll let us through.

You need to make the perception check to determine if what you observed. You can also make a sense motive - hunch check.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Perception1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Sense Motive: Hunch1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon narrowed his eyes. "As I said, Duncan, we could bribe him, but that won't help us get past the gate tomorrow. It could be a different guardsman, someone who won't take the bribe. We can't take that chance. The entire point of the scouting mission is so there are no surprises and the real mission goes smoothly. We've run into this problem, now we have to solve it. And we can't solve it by bribing the guard."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

I have 15 gold that we can use to get in. I don't know if it will be enought ot get out.


Evil GM

Duncan Only:
You see a man in the second floor window looking a thte group then over to another man in a doorway to the right of you. Your hunch is he set the price to permit you to go through the gate. duncan remembers the corruption that is rooted int eh the city.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

"Very well, Could you leave them a message that John wants to talk to them."


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging
Shinon wrote:
Shinon narrowed his eyes. "As I said, Duncan, we could bribe him, but that won't help us get past the gate tomorrow. It could be a different guardsman, someone who won't take the bribe. We can't take that chance. The entire point of the scouting mission is so there are no surprises and the real mission goes smoothly. We've run into this problem, now we have to solve it. And we can't solve it by bribing the guard."

Ye kiddin' right? Kid this place has LAWS that govern bribes. Actual written laws. He can take one if the crime is small and gives is boss a cut.

I'm not kidding. There's quite a bit about it in the Cheliax book
We can look around if ye want, but a bribe is as likely to work tomorrow as now.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon nods. "Alright. Duncan, you're the only one of us who has a steady job with an employer that you don't owe some five thousand gold to. Care to make this gentleman an offer?"


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin grabs a red kerchief from the safehouse to wrap around the lower half of his face for when the mission begins. Turning down the renewal of his contract in Egorian for a life of freelancing in Westcrown has made his popularity in the opera circuit unsteady. Orsin doesn't need to add scandal to his growing list of problems.

He waits patiently with the others. Turning to Janiven he asks, "So...your friend Amaya...is she part of....all this?"


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19
Shinon wrote:
Shinon nods. "Alright. Duncan, you're the only one of us who has a steady job with an employer that you don't owe some five thousand gold to. Care to make this gentleman an offer?"

Andrea hands over a pouch with 15 GP and 12 PP to Shinon/Duncan. This is all I have left besides copper. The rest was spent on the loan, tithe to Areal and supplies for scrollcrafting.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Keep yer gold lass.Duncan grabs some coin from his pocket.

Duncan walks up to the guard, Shinon and Andrea in tow.
Sorry bout the pretty time wasting words, soldier. We be chasing a bounty behind that gate.
How's about 2 gold per head fer letting us through? If we have luck in there, more than happy t'pay fer coming back later. If we don't have luck, well then ye made 6 gold and we ain't
troubling ye again. Fair enough?

Duncan holds out a hand as though to shake it, palming the gold.


Human, NPC

Janiven smiles, "Why yes, Amaya the glass blower, is part of this small but righteous group." Amaya seems to have struck a chord with this young man.


Evil GM

He stares at you and cooly replies, "Bribing a guard is crime but worse than that is insulting a guard with such a nominal amount. Now, I can turn my back on an open gate for say 15 GP per head." His charcoal eyes not blinking.

I don't have the book you mentioned.


Evil GM
John Deos wrote:
"Very well, Could you leave them a message that John wants to talk to them."

The duty guard takes down the message and slips it in a box with squad number printed on it, presumably it is their message box.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea bumps Duncan and puts 5 PP into his hand wether or not he wants it.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Course, I wouldn't want to insult a guard o the most lawful city in the inner sea. 5platinum fer ye to go have a smoke fer a moment and remove the slight.

He holds out his hand again.

3,051 to 3,100 of 26,346 << first < prev | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.