Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


251 to 300 of 26,346 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Duncan not the Most agile dwarf there was attempts to cross.

Acrobatics1d20 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 1 - 4 = 10


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon gasps and falls back into the pit, re-emerging and gasping for air, choking on the slime and muck and...other stuff.

Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Climb Check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Oh Goddess please give us the strengthto continue our mission! Is their anyplace where we can secure a rope?

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


Evil GM

Duncan steadies himself, arms out to the sides, slowly tiptoeing forward till he finally makes it to the other side...safely.

Andrea your perception check realizes that you have a dwarf you can tie a rope to.

Shinon one more Fortitued DC 12 save at a +4, since you now know to close your eyes and mouth as you are climbing.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Rope? Rope? I am afriad I didn't buy one. Errr.. It seems that Shinon has the only rope...the poo covered slippery rope..

Crickets chirp in the awkward silence.


Evil GM

The boy tries to jump the trench.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Edit: There is a splash.

Fort: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (20) + 0 = 20


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon frees himself from the degradation once more, and feels his cheeks burn as he watches the group observe his failed attempts to climb to cleanliness. Glaring at the wall, Shinon cracks his knuckles and seizes one side, gripping it firmly, and then grabs the other side as well, and pulls himself out of the swamp, feeling the disgust and embarrassment pile up.

Fortitude save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Climb Check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

As Shinon climbs out of the trench, he spins around and reaches out, grabbing Morsino's hand and yanking him out quickly. "Are you alright?"

Reflex save to avoid falling in: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19


Evil GM

Morsino's save:

climb: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 3 + 2 = 24 He scramble up easily enough.


Evil GM

Remaining members to cross:

Andrea, John, Kenji, Janiven.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea asks Shinon to get out his rope and have Duncan brace, and have Janiven/John brace the other side. Making sure to keep a grip on the robe, Andrea heads across.
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon opens his totally-sealed, not at all muck-covered backpack, and pulls out his nice, dry, silk rope. He tosses one end to Janiven across the bridge and ties the other end around his own waist. "Go ahead. We don't have time to waste here." He gives her a reassuring look.


Human, NPC

The rope would provide +2 to the check.

Janiven scurries across quickly

acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 2 = 15


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

"Alright John, Kenji. You guys better hurry up as well. And don't worry about falling in, the water is nice and warm," Shinon said, with a grim face.


Evil GM

This leaves John and Kenji and I would be shocked if kenji falls in.

Everyone looking down the tunnel in the direction where the goblin ran can make a perception check.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

Acrobatics:1d20 - 3 ⇒ (7) - 3 = 4+2 for the rope is 6

Fort save:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Climb1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Well atleast I'm out?


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Well, it had to happen sooner or later on the Filth Fever thing.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

The sad part is that we can't hang around to watch hellknights go poo-diving


Male Human(Minkakian) Martial Artist lvl 2 (Int +4) (AC17)

I travel with the others keeping my vigil as they search the room. They lead on and though I hear banter, I am unable to make out quite what they found or are even talking about. Then we come to this trench. I watch as the elf falls in and the others crawl across. Mildly amuzed but also disgusted too.

When my turn comes I merely focus and balance across. Taking Ten will result in a 17 +2 for rope makes a 19 on my acrobatics check. Since the lowest score that made it across was 10, I assume I make it. Once across I look to the others. "So, how much further too safe house?"


Evil GM

John's Contact with the sludge.

DM Only:
John needs to make two consecutive saves Fort DC12.
Onset: 1d3 ⇒ 3
Effect Con: 1d3 ⇒ 1
Dex: 1d3 ⇒ 2

Andrea provided a good summary in the discussion. The group opened the door to a store room and found a nesting with a pretty shell and ring, along with a bug collection.

From there you all went up to a sharp right angle bend that had a bit wider ledge, you discvered a goblin's spear and loin cloth. He dived into the sewage which was the big splash some heard. He was swimming, or bathing, when he heard the group's voices. He panicked and took off running.

His mucky tracks crossed a small wooden plank. There Shinon fell in and had a very hard time getting out, the boy Morosino fell in and John fell in.

Those that fell in had to make Fortitude saves, all but John succeeded.

For the most part the group is lost, the tunnel looks like a mirror image to Janiven but everything is opposite from what she remembers, who I have moved into the background so the group makes the decisions.
Basically you all made a wrong turn, or missed, a turn. The Hellknights are somewhere behind you.

There were a lot of post but very little substance.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Duncan looks to Jenavine.
If you don't know where we're going nomore, lass, I say we take the first exit we find. We can reorientate on the surface and head somewhere safe. Me smithy has clean water and will be closed by now


Evil GM

Correct me if I'm worng but the group has covered the light and is following Duncan by having one hand on the shoulder, or body, of the person in front of you.

Now that the group is across the sewage trench, Duncan can see what looks like a 4 and half foot, towered shield propped up against an arch way on his right hand side. There is an outline of a stone archway that is being covered by the shield. Remember the tunnel is only 5 feet tall. The sewage is on your left hand side now. The mucky foot prints end there.


Evil GM

Janiven nods her agreement to the dwarf.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Duncan whispers, Ssshh!

Pulling the person behind him down to his level and whispering, Possible goblin hiding in a tunnel on me right. Gonna put me light up.

Not waiting for an acknowledgement, Duncan casts light on the clothes of the person behind and turns to face the shield in the tunnel...

DM feel free to bot me for the next 6 hrs. Just remember Duncan is aggressive with actions but conservative with spells. ;)


Goblin NPC

Good morning everyone, we have initiative.

Goblin1: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Goblin2: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Goblin3: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Goblin4: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

Duncan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Andrea: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14
Shinon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Janiven: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
John: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Kenji: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Initiative Order:

Goblin3
Andrea
Goblin4
John
Janiven
Kenji
Shinon
Duncan
Goblin1
Goblin2

There is a small 10 foot long worked hallway of smooth mason stone that is visably moist with a green fluorescent glow to the walls. The glow casts a soft light increasing vision one step. The hall ends in the middle square of a small room that is 10 foot deep and 15 foot wide. There is an assortment of loose debris in the room, including an overturned desk and four middens of rags and leavy material. The desk is turned over in the middle 5 foot square, and is 5 feet within the room. There is a similar soft glow to the room.

There is a goblin behind the table, which has a slot cut out of the middle and a spear is protruding from the slot. There is a goblin on either side of the table each holding two dogslicers in the non-broken condition.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Action #1: Shinon will draw an arrow and fire it at the closest goblin, but he will choose a goblin who is not within melee combat over closest if possible.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Action #2: If a goblin gets within melee range of Shinon, he will drop his bow as a free action, draw his longsword as a move action and attack the goblin.

Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6


Male Human(Minkakian) Martial Artist lvl 2 (Int +4) (AC17)

I move into position so I am at least 20 feet from the nearest goblin and set up a defensive stance. +2 to my AC

If it is too far to get within 20 feet of a gobby in one move action, then I forgo the +2 AC and double move.


Goblin NPC

As the party moves down the short 10 foot hallway and begins to fan out in the 15 foot wide room, Goblin#3 pokes at the first one down the hall that enters the room.

Goblin3 Spear: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 81d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

This attack is against the first one who moves into the room. If nobody moves into the area it will be the dwarf due to his aggressive nature. The party must get through this square in order to fan out. There will be two Aoo for the anyone person that moves into the center square then out of the square (either left or right to fan out) as the square is a threatened square. It is threatened by two goblins. Given the format, I do foresee Aoo being of limited use in the campaign unless it is there is a clear bottle neck similar to what have described. I thought I would give it try to see how it works out.

Kenji 20 feet away from the goblins keeps you out of the room and right at the enterance where the towered shield was located. That shield is now paritially in the trench and off to the side of the opening, where the dwarf tossed it. Technically, you would not be able to observe anything other than the worked glowing hallway and the table that is overturned at the end of the hallway. Given this format, I find it is best to describe the area as completely for the everyone involved to visualize. Rather than piecemeal the scene.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

More goblins! I don't know if we can afford to fight with those hellknights on our tail. I don't suppose we could try to terrify the goblins into telling us where a way out is?

Since Andrea is once again stuck behind everyone, she can't do much and says this to Duncan after the goblin's attack. If the group gets mobbed..

1.Sticks her hand around Duncan if possible and does a touch attack on the goblin that attacked him. Bleeding Touch, 1d6 damage. I 1 use used so 5 left.
Touch attack: 1d20 ⇒ 31d6 ⇒ 1

2. If the goblins stay where they are, Andrea delays.


Evil GM
Andrea1 wrote:

More goblins! I don't know if we can afford to fight with those hellknights on our tail. I don't suppose we could try to terrify the goblins into telling us where a way out is?

Since Andrea is once again stuck behind everyone, she can't do much and says this to Duncan after the goblin's attack. If the group gets mobbed..

1.Sticks her hand around Duncan if possible and does a touch attack on the goblin that attacked him. Bleeding Touch, 1d6 damage. I 1 use used so 5 left.
[dice=Touch attack] 1d20;1d6

2. If the goblins stay where they are, Andrea delays.

You can move through friendly squares. The marching order was:Duncan, the boy, Andrea, Shinon, John, Janiven, Kenji. So, Andrea you are only behind Duncan, and the boy currently.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea will move the boy behind her so he is away from the goblins. Not much good due to the whiff.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

John will put on his tower shield,and will approach the goblin with the tower shield.


Evil GM

From the looks of things all PCs have gone, or are, holding an action.

Duncan will move down the hall, get swung at by Goblin3 who is using a spear from cover. Goblin 3 missed with his spear attack. Duncan will step to his left taking the AOO.

Goblin4: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 31d4 ⇒ 2 -miss

Duncan takes the second Aoo from the Goblin behind the table:

Goblin3: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 151d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 -miss, Goblin 3 has now used his only Aoo available this round.

Duncan's movement frees up the front space in front of the table for a friend to move into.

At this point, it looks like Andrea has made sure the boy stays outside the tunnel and on the walkway. Holding remainder of action. The boy would never have gone into the hallway and unless you were going to follow second this seemed like the logical interpretation of your action.

John has taken off his tower shield and marched down the hall directly infront of the table, providing cover.

Janiven holds her action and protects the flank and the boy.

Kenji has moved to the entry of the hallway and has held the remainder of his action as he takes a defenseive position.

Shinon has moved down the hallway 5 feet behind the tower shield. He does have a line of sight on Goblin4 and 2. He shoots at goblin 2, but misses with a 10.

Does anyone who has a remaining action care to do anything before the remaining Goblins act?

Current positoning of the PC's party:

Duncan inside the room to the far left directly infront of Goblin4
John inside the room center square, in front of the table and Goblin3
The 5ft sqaure to right is open and there is Goblin2.
end of the hallway looking into the room but behind John is Shinon.

Andrea is behind Shinon and in front of Kenji, unless she and kenji switch positions. It doesn't matter to me. I just want to create the visual picture.

The boy is to Kenji's left
Janiven is to Kenji's right

Edit: I corrected the line of sight that Shinon had on Goblin 2, and he did get the shot off and miss.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Bah we kill the vermin and wring the neck of the last to show us out

Duncan trusts in his armor and goes in first. Warhammer leading.
He attacks the goblin to the left holding the dog slicers. The one under the table has concealment so Duncan will take out the flanks first.

2 handed Attack1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Damage1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

As he brains the first gobbo he calls. Drop yer arms an I'll let ye live

Edit: Ninja'd by DM by 1 minute


Goblin NPC

"Squ%CLSOMEY&(^," the sweaty little creature belks in his fooul language, as Duncan brains him hard but somehow he is still up, gushing blood.

Actually I only moved Duncan in the room. You had the attack.Your timing is perfect.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea holds her position


Evil GM

I will wait for Kenji to post if he is making any additonal action, such as moving up in front of Goblin 2. The remaining Goblins will act after that.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Tough little bugger ain't ya.


Male Human(Minkakian) Martial Artist lvl 2 (Int +4) (AC17)

If I can move up and attack a goblin I will. Otherwise I stay put valiantly defending Janiven and Boy.

Attack if possible:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 For:1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Goblin NPC

Kenji, I will permit you to move up and attack this round.

'Whelp..skhyt, pffft,' the little beast growls at you as he takes a hit. He swings both of his dog slicers at Kenji.

Dogslicer1: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 71d4 ⇒ 4
Dogslicer2: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 161d4 ⇒ 2-looks like this misses yoru AC17

Goblin number one pops up from the sewer and jabs his spear at Janiven
Goblin1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 121d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 - missing


Evil GM

Round 1 Recap:

Most the items stay as I posted jsut above. Except, kenji did move up and engage in combat with Goblin2 inside the room.

From left to right:
Duncan, John, Kenji
Shinon is behind John
Andrea is behnd Shinon
janiven and the boy are outside and there is Goblin1 as popped out of the sewage.


Goblin NPC

Round 2 begins:

Goblin3 pops up from behind his table, holding his spear. He has partial cover. He pokes at Duncan...jabbity

Goblin3: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 81d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

"EYRYEYEYEYEYE," he squaks.

Initiative Order:

Goblin3
Andrea
Goblin4
John
Janiven
Kenji
Shinon
Duncan
Goblin2
Goblin1

In looking over yoru character sheets, I didn't see anyone who spoke gobloid.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Pity, they might have spoken orc or maybe common

Andrea spins at the sound of the group being attacked and steps out to glare at the sewage diving creature.

Die in the muck you love so much!

Hand of Acolyte attack. 3 used for day, 3 left.
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 151d6 ⇒ 2


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

John pulls out his longsword and attacks the goblin he moved to.
Is the ceiling still 5 ft high in this area?
Power attack with long sword1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23 19 I believe if the ceiling is still 5ft.
If it hit, Crit Conformation.1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17 13 if the ceiling is still 5ft


Male Human(Minkakian) Martial Artist lvl 2 (Int +4) (AC17)

I struck the gobbo with a furious jab as I moved in only to just dodge an incoming attack from the second. I then unleash my fists of furry on the fresh one.

Attack 1:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 For:1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Attack 2:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 For:1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

If the fresh gob dies before my turn, I aim my attacks at the one I hit last turn.

If that one is dead I return to Janiven and the boy.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Duncan weave his heavy hammer as through it were a feather and attempts to bullrush his goblin (the one carrying the dogslicers) into the wall to knock him prone.

Bullrush1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


Evil GM
Andrea1 wrote:

Pity, they might have spoken orc or maybe common

Andrea spins at the sound of the group being attacked and steps out to glare at the sewage diving creature.

Die in the muck you love so much!

Hand of Acolyte attack. 3 used for day, 3 left.
1d20+3; 1d6

Is this a touch attack? If so, you hit him.

If not, no damage.


Goblin NPC

Goblin 4 swings at Duncan with his dogslicers

Dogslicer1: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 71d4 ⇒ 1
Dogslicer 2: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 151d4 ⇒ 1

As the blades with holes in them whiz by the stout dwarf's ears.


Evil GM
John Deos wrote:

John pulls out his longsword and attacks the goblin he moved to.

Is the ceiling still 5 ft high in this area?
Power attack with long sword1d20+4 19 I believe if the ceiling is still 5ft.
If it hit, Crit Conformation.1d20+4 13 if the ceiling is still 5ft

The ceiling is 10 ft high in this room. You hit. No confirmation on the critical, he has partitial cover.

Roll your damage.

251 to 300 of 26,346 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.