Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


2,901 to 2,950 of 26,346 << first < prev | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | next > last >>

Evil GM

You overhear the caravan master complaining, "T'is shipm't be late 'eavin' to the Pitaz cuz sum mooorons went goblin huntin' and aint been ssse since. Cost us $%&^*& money..al readies. Ye be workin' hard and long days."

He is spitting as he talks, his fat face is swollen and beet red. "We's leavin' in two hours."


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon blinks in surprise and then puts on a smile and walks up towards the caravan master. "Good morning. My name is Shinon, and I'm a mercenary who works out of this inn. I don't suppose you have room for, say...six more on your trip? I have an able-bodied crew I could most likely gather in two hours and bring back here. However, before I do, I would like to hear a quick list of all the details about the job."


Evil GM

The Caravan Master eyes you, and wipes the spittle from his chin with his meaty hand. I's can use six 'ore swords, goi' ti the Riverlands...place called Pitax...ever 'eard of it...boy?"


Evil GM

"Pays good...scouts 6 silver day, brutes, 4 silver. still needs a cleric in case of 'ounds and disease...that pays 1 gold day."

He looks over you again, "Sez ye name again..didn't catch it. Had a group but they went gobo huntin'...never returned. Useless scum."Tthere ia healthy puddle on his stained tunic.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon crosses his arms. "If I agree to go with you and protect your caravan, it will be as an employee, and because you respect my skill and worth as a mercenary. Therefore, I expect to be addressed with respect, not 'boy'," he says crossly. Shinon puts up with a lot of crap from various people, but he draws the line at his employers.

Know (Local): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21 (Has Shinon ever heard of the Pitax?)

"I'm a scout. My friends are all bruisers, save one cleric. Four bruisers, a scout, and a cleric. Sounds like your caravan would be much safer with us around. And hell, I'm a generous guy. I'll even cut you a deal. You can have the whole package for just 3 gold per day. That'll save you an extra 2 silver each day. A fine bargain, if I do say so myself. Much nicer than you'd get from anyone else here."

When the caravan master asks him to repeat his name, Shinon points over his shoulder at the ranking board. "My name is Shinon. I'm a C-Tier mercenary, been at this business since the day I came of age. My only condition is that you call me by my name, none of that 'boy' stuff. Other than that, my bow and my skills are all yours."


Evil GM

Duncan puts in a half day at the smithy and as he exits the shop, he sees the dandy and cleric walking towards the shop.

I'm going to assume John from an earlier in game comment was a bit too drunk to leave the shop last night, so he would have crashed on a cot. Did you wake him before you left? He had a lot ot drink.


Male Dwarf Warrior 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Nah, let Grumm get some work out of him. If he can't handle his booze he can sweat it off

Duncan sees Andrea and Orsin coming and calls. Found ye self a new toy, Wasp? Fiosa will be mad. Bwah-ha!


Evil GM

For Shinon

You've heard that Pitax is in East at a great distance. Lots of bandits. But what sounds more familar to you is one handed guard and his group were heading to Pitax after his gobline hunt.

"ye be yung, so ye be a boy...one 'ho've sound purty. This be dangerous work...men only. don't need six scrawny do'nothings to babysit."


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

"Don't give him a second thought," Orsin says, regarding Andrea with a sunnier disposition. "That would be Thesing Uvula Something: a two-bit actor, a worse singer, and a soul bitter to have never made a career outside of Westcrown at the larger houses in Egorian and Kintargo. Shall we to the smithy?"


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Were they? Interesting...

"Scrawny do'nothings, huh? Well, I wouldn't say that to their faces. I've got a well-trained bulwark of an Armiger, who's well on his way to becoming a Hellknight. I've got a stocky, take-no-prisoners dwarf who cuts everyone down with his bastard sword. I've got a fast and lethal warchanter who uses magic to boost the power of the entire group, and can fight just fine without it too, and then there's me. I can put an arrow between your eyes from fifty yards, easy."

Shrugging and turning away, Shinon puts one hand up in a wave of farewell. "Not to mention, my group was the ones who just put down all those goblins that took out the 'men' you were planning to hire. But hey, you're the client. You can choose which soldiers to hire. Though the fact that you let Sabrina walk out of here when you need warriors who can protect you even in the face of death tells me all I need to know about your judgment of a mercenary. Have a pleasant death!"

Shinon starts to head for the door, but he'll stop if he hears anyone calling for him.


Evil GM

Shinon make a fame check...1d20+yoru fame points.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea slips her arm into Orsin's as they head off to Grumm's Thesing..Thesing..Oh! Andrea giggles wickedly. I do believe I have heard of him, although not in the manner he would want. A friend of mine named Tracy has seen him slumming about the Red Lights, word has it that his performance there is just as bad on the stage. They draw straws to see who has to put up with him.

Andrea fans her face cattily in the manner of a noblewoman's fan. In any event I shall think no more of him indeed. To Grumm's!


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

John woke the next morning to find himself still at the smithy. He was then put to work by Duncan's boss, who said it was to sweat the alcohol out. John then made a mental note never to party here again.


M Dwarf, HP 71, NPC, fighter3/Expert5
John Deos wrote:
John woke the next morning to find himself still at the smithy. He was then put to work by Duncan's boss, who said it was to sweat the alcohol out. John then made a mental note never to party here again.

"Boy, ye hold yer booze like that cleric and 'er little bush friend." He chuckles loudly. "go find Duncan, he probably went ti ye spec'l place.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Can I take 10 on this? Haha, just kidding.

Fame Check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Edit: Argh! What a disappointment.


Evil GM
Shinon wrote:

Can I take 10 on this? Haha, just kidding.

[dice=Fame Check]1d20+2

Edit: Argh! What a disappointment.

A few patrons who bother to acknowledge your existence basically laugh at your statement. The bartender tosses his wet dirty bar rag in your generla direction which brings about other laughter. The caravan master feels vindicated.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

I crawl away to lick my wounds...It's okay. Of course they don't know about it, it was only 24 hours ago...

Shinon sighs in annoyance and walks outside, frowning to himself. "No respect. Ah well. I'm not doing this for the fame or the glory. I'm doing it to help everyone in that stupid shop, and everyone else out here in this city."

Shinon thinks for a moment, before deciding that he should probably spend the rest of the day trying to gather some information about these so-called Bastards of Erebus.

Gather Information check: 1d20 ⇒ 11
Seeking information on the Bastards and on Jospuph's disappearance. Also, wishing the bard was with me...


Evil GM

Throughout your day you get a lot of strange looks and shrugged shoulders. One shocked lady would say, There are devil bastard sons in WESTCROWN? A look of panic on her face.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon facepalms. "Clearly I'm in the wrong section of town...but this doesn't make any sense. Where would there be rumors of this if not the part of town where everyone gets robbed? Don't tell me these Bastards are actually operating out of the Regicona...that's suicide."

Frowning and contemplating everything, Shinon decides to head back to the temple and see if anyone's there so he can plan out his next move with the rest of them. Shinon walks towards the temple.


Evil GM

So Andrea and Orsin can see and actually her Duncan jobbing at you on the street.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

John will also follow Duncan out the door.


Evil GM

John eventually checks up to Duncan as he is heckling Andrea and Orsin.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea turns her nose up at Duncan. I must insist that you not call Orsin a toy. He is a gentleman and a fine warrior. Just what happens later is none of your affair.

Andrea turns to Orsin. I think he has besmirched your honor. You must simply challenge him to a duel!


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin raises an eyebrow at Andrea, smiling. "There isn't anything I 'must' do, simply or otherwise! And a 'toy' is among one of the kinder things I've been called today."

Regarding Duncan and John, he asks, "Where's the archer?"


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea pouts. Indeed, I hope Shinon hasn't decided to go on one of his solo hunts again. In any event, I believe we can give Orsin more information about our line of work if it is agreed on? Andrea is talking about bringing Orsin into their special circle of friends. What do you think, Duncan? John?


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

"I haven't seen Shinon since we got back from the goblin business. Who knows what he is doing." To Andrea "I agree that we should add him in, he could be a good asset."


Male Dwarf Warrior 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging
Orsino 'Orsin' Bessatte wrote:

Orsin raises an eyebrow at Andrea, smiling. "There isn't anything I 'must' do, simply or otherwise! And a 'toy' is among one of the kinder things I've been called today."

Regarding Duncan and John, he asks, "Where's the archer?"

Ha! This one seems immune Wasp, ye puppet master! Might need a bit more honey t'sweeten yer words. This one's hearin' none o it. Knew I liked im.

The dwarf pauses a bit at Andrea's suggestion.
Dunno. Don't know enough about im. How's about we take im along on the legit jobs fer a bit an see if e turns out? If e's a no good, we bush im aside. No offense lad. I like ye, but I'd hate ta hafta kill ye later, so's let's have a few dances fore gettin' in ta bed wit ye.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea takes in Duncan's words. You do have a good point about that. Andrea pats Orsin's arm. You did very well with the goblins, and I do believe you have excellent skills for helping us in other situations.

Andrea thinks some. Perhaps he can help us with aquiring information from a certain aquaintince of ours, someone who has responded poorly to attempts to aquire information. With Orsin's excellent speaking skills, we might just get the information we need to tie up a certain loose end.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin considers both their statements thoughtfully. He nods, thumb pressed against the underside of his chin, "No, you're right, that's only fair. But rest assured, I have more talents than I have fingers and toes and my skill with a blade is only one of them. Hopefully, I'll have the chance to show you all what else I can do."

He turns to Andrea, listening to her thoughtfully.

"Oh? Well, yes, I can be very...persuasive."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Hmm.. Well we might be able to have that sit-down with our 'friend' at a different location? A little enchantment from Orsin and I can losen tongues and some good speechcraft can help as well since I was unfortunatly absent when you were speaking to him.

Andrea ponders a little more. I do know of some locations. My apartment, or we can get an empty room at the bathhouse. A little coin will allow us to be in there no questions asked.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

"Well, where is this 'acquaintance' now?"


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea looks at Duncan. In custody, since he is suspect in some crimes as he is a member of a gang we are investigating. Andrea sighs as this is becoming more difficult. We are wary of his location slippinng out, but if Duncan and John are agreeable to it, we can take you to where he is.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

"Well, you can't possibly think I'd let you blindfold me as a form of compromise. It sounds to me like this criminal may be too dangerous though to move from wherever you're keeping him."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

You are correct, a blindfold would be far too rude. Andrea pauses. Duncan, I really think we should make the effort with Orsin.
Intuition, a hunch, or our previous expidition. Orsin would make an excellent member of our group.


Male Dwarf Warrior 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

That's fine lass. Show im where the bad man is. We got naught to worry about unless the Diva here turns out to be scum o sum sort, then HE's the one with the worries Bwah ha ha!

Duncan's expression turns grim.
Seriously kid, basically we be friends o the people o this city. Doin stuff like taking out goblin kings and bandit gangs is how we do it. Sometimes sanctioned by the dottari, sometimes not. Ye can't play wit us if ye're afraid a gettin yer pretty hands dirty. If that sounds, fine t'ye come along. If not, g'ere elsewhere.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin turns toward Duncan and looks him directly in the eyes. "I'm not from Westcrown, but this city took someone from me. Someone very important, and-- and I wasn't given the chance to say goodbye. Or to make things right by him. Westcrown snuffed out this shining light and-- and I have to do the right thing. Please, just give me this chance to set things right."

Orsin wipes a silent tear from his right eye before returning his gaze to meet Duncan's. His watery eyes are as steel, hardened to their purpose.


NPC, H/Elf

When the group fianlly arrives at the safehouse, you see Shinon is there along with Arael and Larko. The other members are off to their day jobs.

Areal will greet you Orsin, "I've heard about your deeds and assistance, for that I thank you." He shows more of his elf features than his human side. "Janiven and Amaya spoke well of you this morning."

He proceeds to explain a few things about how he and his business partner, Janiven, have worked towards putting together a group of do-gooders, that are not rebels but individuals who want to make Westcrown a better place free from fear. They have named this group the Brotherhood of Westcrwon. He goes on a discussses how they want to weed out corruption, but he is careful to explain that most members of the government, dottari, Hellknights of the Rack, are good people there are pockets of corruption.

"We truly believe that a small group of like minded people can band together to improve the lives of the people in Westcrown." He is careful to avoid saying riot or rebels as he does not want to offend get the Hellkinght of the Racks attention, whose job it is is to crush insurgents.

"Is this something that you are interested in assisting Orsino Bessatte?"


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon looks up as the group enters the temple. "Oh, it's you guys. Welcome back. Listen, I was thinking that we should probably all give each other a location where we spend some of our time during the day, so that we can contact each other more easily when it's necessary."

He bows and extends a hand to them. "As it's my suggestion, I'll go first. I spend a lot of time at The Shark Net inn, which is in the South side of the Market District. It's where I've gone to pick up mercenary requests for the past five years."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19
Shinon wrote:

Shinon looks up as the group enters the temple. "Oh, it's you guys. Welcome back. Listen, I was thinking that we should probably all give each other a location where we spend some of our time during the day, so that we can contact each other more easily when it's necessary."

He bows and extends a hand to them. "As it's my suggestion, I'll go first. I spend a lot of time at The Shark Net inn, which is in the South side of the Market District. It's where I've gone to pick up mercenary requests for the past five years."

Andrea nods. That sounds reasonable. I work at the Westcrown Exchange, and of course many of us now Duncan works at Grumm's Sharpest.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin nods solemnly in reply, "Yes, very much."

"My apartment is just down the street from Westcrown Exchange. It's a large stone building with a red door. I'm in the third flat. Of course, I won't be there when rehearsals continue, but I don't know when that'll be."


NPC, H/Elf

Arael says, "We need to do something wiht the prisoner...question him, release him or give him the the dottari."


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

"If I may," begins Orsin, "Andrea and I believe that we might have the most luck in questioning this prisoner. I trust that meets with your approval?"


NPC, H/Elf

He nods and starts to lead Orsin to the room the prisoner is being kept. "Watch out for his spitting...he is deadly accurate...just ask Shinon."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea holds up a hand. Let us get the masks on. Andrea pulls out some hoods. It is best we keep our identities from him. Also, I have increased my abilities in casting miracles and have a charm spell that that can make him more agreeable. I do not know what skills Orsin has, but he might be able to produce the same effect.

Andrea finishes putting on her hood. What we really need to learn is if the Red Knives have the captives we are seeking or have kidnapped them. If they don't, then there is less reason to head into the sewers.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Right then. Let's start with words and the promise of coin. We can resort to magic if our first attempts fail."


Evil GM

The safehouse was once a Temple of Aroden and you can see a man bound to an ornate pillar that rises from floor to ceiling. There is a shallow water bowl near by. He is in a black tunic, his leathers and boots sit folding on a pew across the room. He has a nasty scowl to match his week of stubble.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Andrea, have you already tried seduction on this guy?


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon opens the door and looks down at the man. "Hey there. Been a few days. So tell me, are you feeling any more talkative today?" Shinon has not bothered to put his mask on, as the boy knows full well what his face looks like after having spit in his eyes. The thought of the memory makes Shinon's grip tighten on the door handle.

He walks into the room and draws his longsword, holding it pointed downward with the blade just a few feet from the boy's face. "He's all yours," Shinon says, looking at Orsino.


Evil GM

He looks up at Shinon and spits at him once again,

spit: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

As greenish luggy hits the elf squarely.

I barely remember the night I snuckered your mama...son, why would I bother talkin' to a pointy eared son of an alley wench.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Okay, yes. It's official. The dice hate me.

2,901 to 2,950 of 26,346 << first < prev | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.