Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


2,701 to 2,750 of 26,346 << first < prev | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | next > last >>

Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Appraise 1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Appraise 2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Appraise 3: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

That chest looks sellable perhaps. If we spend a little to restore the throne, we might get back more than we spent.

Andrea looks at the merchent. Working with nobles? Did anyone looking like an agent come around to pay them off?


Evil GM

"Nothing that I saw, but I heard voices and then the goblins would talk about getting rich and expanding their kingdom in the northern district. Nobles, have a funny accent even if they know the language of lesser folks...easy enough to spot. I doubt it was any one of note...probably an agent or a minor birth right." He seems a bit toxic in his tones when describing the nobles, he is only a merchant and probably have had some bad dealings in the past.


Evil GM

"I own Libane's Haberdashery on Bull Street. Make an honest living...at least try to...don't have much to pay you for the trouble but I can come up with 500 gold, and get you some supplies at discount. Course you have my gratitude...who are you by the way." He notices Maurice for the first time, "Sergeant thank you."


Evil GM

The loot piles consist of the following items:

Medium sized items:

Longsword, high quality
spear, high quality
dagger, high quality
2 longsword, high quality
4 chain shirts
2 Longbows, quivers (33 arrows total)
Holy symbol of Asmodeus
5 greatclubs

Small items: Goblins size:

short sword, high qulity (GKing)
27 broken dogslicers
7 non-broken dogslicers
2 Short bow, quivers, high quality
17 leather armor assorted
3 msw leather armor
13 wooden shields
12 short bows, quivers
23 spears
Thorny crown.
light oak shield, high quality (GKing)
Chain shirt (GKing)

The merchant would go over to these items and tell you these are his markings and his goods. "I thank you for you help, I will gladly give you the ale and wine."

5 Barrels of Ale (30 GP each)
1 Cast of Wine (250GP)
Assorted dried goods (value 200GP)
3 Bolts of cloth (210 GP)
Assorted dry goods (750 GP)

There is, also, an unopened locked chest.

You do have quite a few goblin prisoners to deal with: 3 adult males who surrendered, 13 children, 9 women. You did observe at least one sergeant who was gaurding the doorway leaading to the king flee, presumably down into the sewers.


Evil GM

Andrea's Appraise checks:
Andrea the weapons and armor look good to you but nothing real special to your eye. You are confident that the chest has 150 GP value and the throne can be restored to a value of 75 GP (it's currently worth 15 GP and will take about 10 GP of labor and material to get it to its resale value.) Do you have detect magic?


Evil GM

The Haberdaher looks at Orsin and his eyes go wide and he smiles for the first time, "Orsino Bessate...my pleasure. I was fortunate enough to catch your last performance with this year opera The Winter of White Rosesh. You sang opposite the lovely, Calseinica Nymmis. He puts his hands on his heart when he mentions her name.

Extending his hands, I have lots of finely made suits and hats that you may be interested in. "To have a celebrity, such as yourself, come to my shop would do wonders for business."

His is hopping around, using a spear shaft to help him, as you all notice he is missing his right foot and some of his left toes.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Oh...masterwork leather that's too small for me to wear. You're so evil, Baldwin.

Shinon will walk over to the locked chest and search it very thoroughly for traps. He then searches the goblin king's clothing for any signs of a key. If he finds none, he will attempt to open the lock (unless it's trapped, in which case use my Disable Device roll for disarming the trap instead of unlocking it, with a +1 extra bonus from my trapfinding class feature).

Perception to spot traps: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19
Disable Device to Open chest: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19
baldwin the merciful wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

No detect magic right now, lol.

This chest and throne can indeed be restored and made more valuable with a little work. We'll need the wagon again it seems. Much of the weapons are ordinary, I think some of them might be masterwork. Unfortunatly I do not have any way to see if the items are magical at this time. Wine? Oh, thank you. Such delicious wine I am sure. Andrea looks very happy to get some good wine.

Andrea turns to the rest of the group. Before we go on any spending sprees, we should remember that we have a significant loan to pay back. As for the prisoners. Andrea indicates the goblin women and children. Tell any who can understand that they have a head start to flee the city and not return.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Ack, so much to catch up on!

Orsin pants heavily, catching his breath in the wake of the goblin king's demise, seeing the evidence of his spell as the cause of death. As the others question one another about what transpired, he remains silent, afraid to damage his fragile relationship with the others.

Just keep your head low, Orsin. There's no need to steal glory from perfect strangers.

"Perhaps his heart failed him?" he offers, quietly enough to not warrant a response.

He watches the others tend to the prisoners and treasure, reflecting on what had just happened. These people...they're strong. And moral. Surprisingly so, in fact. Maybe I should ask them about Gregorio.

No, not yet.

The haberdasher's voice interrupts his thoughts and he smiles at the man's undue delight. Orsin grabs the man by both shoulders in a friendly gesture. "I would be honored to come see your wares, Master Lisbane. And thank you for your kind words. Westcrown's appreciation for theatre seems to rival that of Kintargo in my esteem. I'll be certain to secure you a seat for my next performance."

He turns his head towards Andrea as she mentions the possibility of magical items.

"Magical, you say? Let me have a look. Pardon me for a moment, sir."

Orsin hums to himself a spell of detect magic as he gently handles the items in question, examining them with care.

He speaks softly to Andrea as he looks at the items. "What is this debt I keep hearing so much about. Are you in any trouble?" If he catches her eyes, his gaze is honest and sympathetic.


Male Dwarf Warrior 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

The debt is to a Loan shark. Took it on t'bring Maurice's pal back from th' dead. Got us in deep it did. Anyone speak gobbo? I'll try Dwarven an Orc, but that's all I got.

Duncan tries all 3 of his known, languages and gestures with a shoo shoo type motion with his hands.

He then takes his time to carefully examine the weapons and armor.
Craft: Weapons1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Craft: Armor1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Profession: Blacksmith 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

BOY! Come look at this. Wanna see if yer eye is good.

Looking over the gear, and regarding Maurice, Duncan did not wish to speak too freely about Grumm. He gives Andrea a hard look when she speaks the smith's name. Ally or not, the Man WAS Dottari and the group did act illegally, now and again. The less he knew the better.

I can look around, but Ye'll be hard pressed t'find a smith worth a damn who'll buy Dogslicers fer price. Terrible and usually filthy weapons. They made from whatever trash a gobbo finds, that can hold an edge.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea shakes her head. Perhaps shouting in orc or common with lots of pointing can get it across.

Remembering the merchant talked about someone hiring the goblins, Unfortunately it seems that with the goblin king dead, their identity will remain a mystery.


Male NPC, Human Warrior1, Fighter1

Ermolos walks over to Duncan and starts to shift through the items.

blacksmith1, weapons: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
blacksmith2, armor: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
blacksmith3, misc: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

He looks at a few weapons and quickly separates them from the others.

The medium sized longswords, the spear, dagger.
The small short sword, two short bows.

The armor and the other goods he is less certain.

He looks says, "The dogslicer may have market but not much...least we can do is get them off the streets melt 'em down to make ashtrays."


Evil GM

Orsin you know the following

Orsin's Knowledge:

items are magical:
Small items:
short sword
one light oak shield

Medium items:
one longsword
one dagger


Goblin NPC

The goblins look at the strange hairy dwarf yelling at them in strange languages. Blank eyes on their faces, a few little ones begin to cry again. Huddling tightly together.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

"Andrea, your suspicions were correct. A few of these items are indeed magical. I don't know what sorts of enchantments they possess, but the small short sword and oak shield are both spelled, as are the longsword and dagger."

Orsin kneels before the goblin prisoners and tries greetings in Infernal, Halfling, and Elven.

As unlikely as this is, my Operatic trait gives me a +2 bonus to decipher Azlanti, if that's what they're speaking. Do I know enough Azlanti to cobble together a "hello" to check?


Goblin NPC

Your smooth voice and softer delivery soothes the crying children but they all begin to shake their head back and forth.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin makes a Perform (act) check to pantomime the groups suggestion that they flee Westcrown.

Perform (act): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21


Evil GM

Rusty says, "The larger weapons were my party's, that's my dagger it's has a small enhancement on it, that's me sword too pointing to one of the masterwork longswords. You can have them with my gratitude." showing his stub, "That longsword is enchanted, it was Josh's, but he won't be needing it now."


Goblin NPC

The goblins nod and get up and a huddled mass. Hesitantly, moving not sure if it's a trick.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin breathes a sigh of relief.

"I think they understood me. We too should make haste."


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

John will take the enchanted longsword "Don't worry, I will see that this sword is well used."


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Still waiting to see what's in the chest


Male Dwarf Warrior 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Stumpy pointed out a second Longsword was magical.

Duncan holds up the other sword the handless merc points to.
This one? Shinon or Orsin , ye want it? Ermolos is being trained by me an a buddy t'use larger weapons an I prefer me bastard sword.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Looks somewhat embarrassed at Duncan's rebuke.

Maybe the goblins can be trained so we have our own flunkies. Perhaps we should let Rusty have his dagger since being unarmed in Westcrown is not a good thing. Andrea isn't really serious when she says this about the goblins and seems unaware of the double meaning in regards to Rusty.

OMG! 11 posts after I step out.


Evil GM
Duncan Redhammer wrote:

Stumpy pointed out a second Longsword was magical.

Duncan holds up the other sword the handless merc points to.
This one? Shinon or Orsin , ye want it? Ermolos is being trained by me an a buddy t'use larger weapons an I prefer me bastard sword.

One med longsword is magical, one med dagger, one goblin short sword and one small goblin sized light oak shield are magical. There are two msw med longswords, one msw med spear, three small goblin sized leather armor are msw, two goblin sized msw short bows.

The chest is trapped and you do manage to disable the device. A small poisoned needle trap.

The following items are in there:

Coins
73pp, 400gp, 420Sp, 4333 CP

Gems
moonstone (20gp)
coral (115gp)
violet garnet (307gp)
chalcedony (70gp)
Total Value: 512

Items
Scroll
Wand
Ring


Male Dwarf Warrior 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Right, well this is a lot to carry. If everybody is right. Me and Ermolos and Orsin can go grab a wagon from somewhere and come back ferall this. Maurice, weren't there some reward fer killing the Goblin king as well? Once me and the boys return we get the stuff and the prisoners somewhere safe. This is still a bad neighborhood. Then we're done ain't we?


Evil GM

Maurice looks at Andrea, "Dear...I appreciate what you did to secure the loan for us. My cut of the coin and gems can go completely to the repayment of the loan. I don't want anything from the weapons or goods the group earned. I'll, also, put my reward the merchants are paying for this job towards that debt."


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon sighs and places the needle on the ground, stamping it firmly with his boot. "Poison. Almost got me too. Annoying."

Sighing and looking up at the group, Shinon shrugs. "Okay then. Guess that's that. Good job everyone. Shall we head back now?"


Evil GM

Maurice nods, Yes, there is a 500GP reward offered by a sect of the merchant guild for the goblin King's death...we will be bringing his body back along with that darn thorny crown."

Plus, the merchant you saved will pay you 500 GP and give you discounts on yoru clothing needs. That's a huge boon for the diva int he group.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea playfully flutters her eyes at Maurice. Why darling that is so generous. Andrea is clearly teasing him when he said 'Dear'. The least we can do is share the wine and ale with you at a taven. Andrea looks at the piles of plunder. I'll start writing down what we can possibly get from this when we get back. I assume we won't be taking a look down that trapdoor to the sewer?
Andrea looks at the crown. Was this magical?


Evil GM

The crown is not magical and it's a direct access, no trapdoor leading to the sewer.

Maurice says, "Duncan...leave the boy here to guard the loot, I'll go with you maybe we can get some help from the guards to come seal this place off. I should be able to get us wagon and horse. Otherwise, the next group of squaters will move in by sundown."

With that he takes his long sword and hacks off the goblin sergeant and lieutenant's head. He tosses one to Duncan as he carries the other. Nobody should be stupid enough to mess with us, now.

Turning back around, "Looking forward to drinking many tankards of ale with the group."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

We should keep a hold of Shinon just in case he tries to wander off again. :)


Male Dwarf Warrior 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Fair enough, Maurice. Lead the way.

Duncan heads of with the guard sergeant, noticeably taking theenchanted light shield with him. He straps it to his arm before he leaves GM is it a light shield for me or a buckler?


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon rolls his eyes and looks up at the ceiling. "Geez, are you going to get on my case every time I do something you don't like, Andrea? It's not like I was decapitating babies or torturing wolf cubs in there, you know."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea pats Shinon's arm.

Orsin, would you have a look at this scroll, wand and ring?


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin examines the items, humming the same song of magic detection as he did before. Breaking off as he concentrates, he says to Andrea, "I have a pair of identification scrolls that could give us real insight as to their function. Should we use them?"


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

See if you can divine anything before you use your scrolls.


Evil GM
Duncan Redhammer wrote:

Fair enough, Maurice. Lead the way.

Duncan heads of with the guard sergeant, noticeably taking theenchanted light shield with him. He straps it to his arm before he leaves GM is it a light shield for me or a buckler?

My favorite shield a buckler.


Evil GM
baldwin the merciful wrote:
Duncan Redhammer wrote:

Fair enough, Maurice. Lead the way.

Duncan heads of with the guard sergeant, noticeably taking theenchanted light shield with him. He straps it to his arm before he leaves GM is it a light shield for me or a buckler?

My favorite shield a buckler.

It's an arcane wand

3 arcane spells
ring is magical, faint transmutation.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Because of some great oversight on my part, Orsin is untrained in Spellcraft. I have two scrolls of identify, but, RAW, I don't believe they'll allow me to identify without ranks in Spellcraft. Andrea, care to use them? If so, they're all yours.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

I have a little in UMD skill ( 5 ranks) so I might be able to pull it off.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin uses read magic (DUH!) to read the contents of the scrolls.

Orsin, a little thick-headed also grabs the wand and starts swinging it about hapharzardly, attempting to activate it blindly.

Use Magic Device: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

Oh HECK yeah, SUCCESS.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

The wand suddenly goes off and Andrea looks like Elmer Fudd after he peers down the barrel of his shotgun and Bugs pulls the trigger.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5
Andrea1 wrote:
The wand suddenly goes off and Andrea looks like Elmer Fudd after he peers down the barrel of his shotgun and Bugs pulls the trigger.

Sheesh, it's not like I was pointing it at you! ...I think.


Evil GM
Orsino 'Orsin' Bessatte wrote:

Orsin uses read magic (DUH!) to read the contents of the scrolls.

Orsin, a little thick-headed also grabs the wand and starts swinging it about hapharzardly, attempting to activate it blindly.

[dice=Use Magic Device]1d20+9

Oh HECK yeah, SUCCESS.

1= Andrea

2= Ermolos
3= Shinon
4= yourself
5= the merchant
6= the fighter
7= John
8-10 = misses

Roll a d10 to see the random nature of the wand.


Evil GM

Orsin's reading magic sees there are three spells on the scroll:

Detect thoughts , Web (2)

and then there is an activation word on the wand: "Shhhhhhh" that triggers when you figure it out.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Okay, here goes:

1d10 ⇒ 3

Shinon, my sincerest apologies buddy.

Also, baldwin's right about the Orsin and the haberdasher's clothes offer. This baritone's a little metro.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2
Orsino 'Orsin' Bessatte wrote:

Okay, here goes:

1d10

Shinon, my sincerest apologies buddy.

Also, baldwin's right about the Orsin and the haberdasher's clothes offer. This baritone's a little metro.

Don't worry about it. The dice hate me. That was proven when that damned noble brat crit me with saliva twice in a row. So, DM, am I silenced for the next 3 minutes?


Evil GM

The air sort of shimmers as Orsin fumbles with his words, "Shhhhhh....OHHHHHHH, I get it!" as the waves of translucent light hits Shinon and then expands out into a 20 foot radius. The area around Shinon is deathly quiet.

Be thankful he didn't say the word "Blaze"


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon opens his mouth to say something to the effect of, "Why the **** would you point that stick at me when you were waving it, moron?!" but absolutely no sound leaves his lips.

Shinon blinks and attempts to clear his throat. He feels himself swallow, but there is no sound from his throat. Shinon opens his mouth again and points accusingly at Orsino. "You stupid foppish brain-dea- What's going on? Why can't I hear myself talk? Oh my god, I'm deaf! YOU TURNED ME DEAF YOU SON OF A-"

Shinon continues to point at Orsino, his expression now clearly angry and his mouth continues to flap. "This better not be permanent or I will take my arrows and use them to draw a treasure map to your heart on your skin! And x marks the spot, jackass!"

2,701 to 2,750 of 26,346 << first < prev | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.