Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


2,651 to 2,700 of 26,346 << first < prev | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | next > last >>

Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

1d20 ⇒ 11
Durned stupid, sonofa...


Goblin NPC

"Heheheeh...phat dwarfy fall on his arse." His chuckles loudly lowering his guard slightly. "gonna stabbity you." Clearly this goblin is missing a card or six from his deck.

He starts to sing between giggles.

"GoblinKing gonna stabbilty you....stabbity you...stabbity you.
Goblin King gonna stabilty you ."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea keeps holding. Duncan, I think the honors shoudl go to you to handle this one.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

"Hey! Lay even one green finger on the short guy and you'll be answering to me, pal! Your fight's right here, so come get some!" Shinon draws an arrow and shoots it at the Goblin King, trying to get his attention.

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23 (Inspire Courage and Bless)
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Son of the Big Boom? I wonder if there is another goblin in there.


Goblin NPC

"Stabbity stabbity do...I like to stabbity stabbity you...it's sooooooooooo fun to stabbity stabbity you till ye are blue."


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

The goblin king is giving me the urge to jazz scat.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Oh why didn't I memorize silence?

Andrea pulls out a nail file and does her nails.

Just follow the link right Here Safe for work. :)


Evil GM
Orsino 'Orsin' Bessatte wrote:
The goblin king is giving me the urge to jazz scat.

Is your action continuing to inspire courage?


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

I hope so, or otherwise Andrea is going to have another flasjhback. ;)


Goblin NPC

RD 2 Remaining Actions: John, Orsin, Andrea std action

"Me gonna kill phat dwarfy. Eat 'is brain...yum yum yum in my tummy."

The goblin king adjusts his thorny crown on his head.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea stays put since she doesn't want to crowd in with Duncan and the others since they seem to have things well in hand.

Andrea keeps her crossbow at the ready in case any goblins decide to creep back for a sneak attack.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Well, maintaining the performance is a free action and we're super cramped as it is, so...

Orsin grips his blade tightly with both hands in front of him, letting his aria ring across the crumbling walls of the manor.

He a standard action to fight defensively while continuing his inspire courage performance.

Shooby scooby diddly doo doo baba bop bow.


Evil GM

RD2 Recap:

Maurice - Held action protecting the rear
Goblin King - missed throwing his javelin at Duncan
Duncan - Duncan moved and attacked missing and failing on his butt.
Shinon - moved up then hit for 4 point so damage.
Ermolos - held action protecting the rear
John -
Orsin - continuted to inspire courage
Andrea - held aciton readying to heal

John still has his Rd 2 action.

RD 3 Initiative:

Maurice - Held action protect the rear
Goblin King - Jabbed at Shinon but missed.
Duncan -
Shinon - Missed his arrow.
Ermolos - continues to hold his action to protect the rear or step into the combat if needed.
John -
Orsin - Moves up to D8 and lets a sonic noise flow. The Goblin King makes his save.
Andrea - Hold ready to heal.

Round 3 begins.

John take your Rd 3 action too.


Goblin NPC

DM % on who to attack:
50 and below Duncan, 51 and higher is Shinon. 1d100 ⇒ 67[/dice]

The goblin King refocuses his attention on the pointy ear bastard, "Nassssty elvies, ye are." Jabbing his short sword at Shinon's gut.

Short Sword at Shinon: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 91d4 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

A 23 missed? Wow. This guy is tougher than I thought. Also, he rolled a natural 1. Doesn't he have to make a Strength check to avoid dropping his sword?


Evil GM
Shinon wrote:
A 23 missed? Wow. This guy is tougher than I thought. Also, he rolled a natural 1. Doesn't he have to make a Strength check to avoid dropping his sword?

Yes a 23 misses, he is the goblin king. I missed the 1, I was only saw the 9.

DEX Check for Fumble: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

He hangs on the sword.

John's game will use the strength check for melee weapon fumble, Dex check for ranged weapon. I use Dex for both melee and ranged weapons.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

If Orsin can manage it (and assuming the goblin king is still alive), he moves to gain line of sight to the enemy. Using a standard action he casts ear-piercing scream at the goblin king. He continues to inspire courage as a free action.

Fort save DC halves damage and negates stun.

Sonic damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea holds once again, not wanting to move far from the group while combat is still going on.


Evil GM

Orsin moves up to D8 and scrunches on the wall near the doorway.

fort: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19 He shakes off the effects.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon spots the goblin king rushing towards him and instinctively raises his bow in both hands, barely managing to parry the goblin's short sword. Grinning, he hops back and crouches into a close-quarters archery stance. "That's more like it! But you're too slow! So why don't you try being serious?"

He takes careful aim, his arrow pointed right at the creature's tiny heart, and shoots right at it.

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Evil GM
Shinon wrote:

Shinon spots the goblin king rushing towards him and instinctively raises his bow in both hands, barely managing to parry the goblin's short sword. Grinning, he hops back and crouches into a close-quarters archery stance. "That's more like it! But you're too slow! So why don't you try being serious?"

He takes careful aim, his arrow pointed right at the creature's tiny heart, and shoots right at it.

1d20+9
1d8+2

Missing terribly. In your next round action.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

For his 2nd round action John will attack
Attack with power attack: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 7 + 1 = 21

For his 3rd round action John will attack again.
attack with power attack: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 1 = 19


Evil GM

John swings his sword mightly twice and each time the small King ducks away. The whistling sword hits air only.


Evil GM

RD 3 Recap:

Maurice - Held action protect the rear
Goblin King - Jabbed at Shinon but missed.
Duncan -
Shinon - Missed his arrow.
Ermolos - continues to hold his action to protect the rear or step into the combat if needed.
John - Misses both his Rd 2 and Rd3 attacks
Orsin - Moves up to D8 and lets a sonic noise flow. The Goblin King makes his save.
Andrea - Hold ready to heal.

Duncan has his RD 3 Action remaining.

RD 4 Initiative:

Maurice - Held action protect the rear
Goblin King -
Duncan -
Shinon - Missed his arrow.
Ermolos - continues to hold his action to protect the rear or step into the combat if needed.
John -
Orsin -
Andrea -

Maurice and Ermolos continue to hold in the fourth round.

Round 4 begins.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Repeat of last round and unless someone takes a huge hit or more combatents appear Andrea will continue like this.


Goblin NPC

The goblin king jabs at Shinon once again.

Short Sword: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 181d4 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Piercing the half elf's body. "Hehehehe...ye bleed."


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon gasps in shock after firing his arrow, placing one hand on his stomach, trying desperately to keep pressure on his wound. He can feel the warm liquid pouring out over and through his fingers and he winces in pain. Shinon takes sharp breaths, panting heavily, trying to draw air into his body to replace the oxygen in his blood as it leaks out of the gaping hole under his ribcage.

None of this is an action, just Shinon's reaction to RD 4. Will post my RD 5 action when RD 5 starts


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Hearing Shinon yell, Andrea moves up to D,9. Got a big wound there? I have just enough for that Shinon.

If Shinon moves close, I cast CMW on him. If not, I stay there.

CMW: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (7, 6) + 3 = 16


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

John will try to hit the little devil again.
attack with power attack: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 7 + 1 = 25
Damage: 1d8 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 1 = 11


Goblin NPC

The goblin grunts in pain.

Duncan has his Rd 3 and 4 action to take, Orsin has his Rd 4 aciton.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Rd:3 Duncan will get up and close to flank with Shinon or John as available. 2 moves. DM placement (in a rush, not sure where everyone is)
Rd4: Hopefully in a flank (even better if adjacent with John) Duncan attacks.

1hand PA Divine Favor, Inspire1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 2 + 1 - 1 = 18(misses, even with a flank)

Stand still so's I can kill ye dammit!


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin swipes his hand forward, releasing another bolt of sonic energy as he continues his inspire courage performance. The brilliant sound of his manly baritone reverberates across the battlefield.

Orsin casts ear-piercing scream once more.

DC Fort 14 halves damage and negates stun.

Sonic damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5


Goblin NPC

Goblin King's Fort: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

The Goblin King's er drum pop and blood spurt out, he looks around briefly and falls to the ground...his huge eyes open and vacant. His thorny crown laying near his head.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Duncan watches the 'King' fall, Yer kidding? That's it?


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

The stunned condition also means you drop what you're holding, right? Did the Goblin King drop his sword?


Evil GM

The goblin king is laying on his sword. His chest does not appear to be expanding and contracting.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2
baldwin the merciful wrote:
The goblin king is laying on his sword. His chest does not appear to be expanding and contracting.

Ooooh. Wait, what? Orsino, you kill-stealing son of a play-actor!


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon staggers a bit and steps over the goblin king's body to get to Andrea. After receiving her healing touch, Shinon cracks his neck and glances back at the king. "So, what the heck just happened? Why did the goblin king just spontaneously implode? Andrea, did you do this?" He glances back at her, with an eyebrow raised. "That's actually pretty impressive."


Evil GM

The goblin's castle is eerily quiet after the battle. There is a room through the doorway that the goblin king was defending.

Nobody said Orsin was a good singer, that is way he is moonlighting as an adventurer. Lol


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea shakes her head. I did not. I did here a loud screech so that may have had some thing to do with it.

Andrea breathes heavily and looks around, seeing the ruins that battle brought to the area. If that was indeed the Goblin KIng, it looks like the city has nothign more to worry about from him. I believe we should release the prisoners and search the area for any valuables.

Andrea gestures to where the prisoners are kept. I belive releasing chains are your speciality, Shinon.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon flexes his arms, testing to see if they still have any strength left after Andrea's spell. Hesitating, he nods and walks over to the prisoners, taking out his tools. "I'm not going to screw this one up, so watch my back, Duncan." Shinon focuses entirely on the task, pursuing every angle, not attempting to force the lock open until he is absolutely sure that the pick is in the perfect place. After two minutes of continuous work, Shinon makes the key move and tries to snap the lock open.

Take 20 on the lock for a total of 31 on the check. Will do the same for the other locks if it works


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea uses a healing channel (3 out of 5) once the prisoners are released.

Be healed!: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 6) = 12

Andrea nods after the rather impressive wave of energy seals anyone's wounds. That should get both of them capable of walking out of here, although I can do nothing for their missing parts.


Evil GM

You aren't checking to see if they are trapped?


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

I should have checked for traps, but I didn't, no.


Evil GM
Shinon wrote:
I should have checked for traps, but I didn't, no.

There is huge boom and Shinon is missing his right hand. Ok...just kidding. It was not not trapped.


Evil GM

Here is the complete Goblin Mansion to look at. I was showing bits and pieces throughout the encounter but this is the whole map.

ENTIRE MANSION MAP

The black area in B 12 is a sewer access. The room down the hallway is the throne room.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea starts rifling through pouches, sacks and boxes after seeing to the prisoners. Ermolos, please keep a look out as I search, there might be some goblins still around. Andrea critically examines a dogslicer. I doubt Grumm would want to even bother having these for scrap.


Evil GM

There are a variety of weapons and armor on the bodies and in the throne room and the hallway leading to the throne room.

When the gear is gathered and assorted in piles, I need the following appraise check. Check 1: Weapons, Check 2: Armor, Check 3: misc.

In the throne room there is a locked chest that is 2 foot long, 1 foot wide and 1 foot high. The chest looks like a nice quality. The thorn itself is an old cushioned chair wiht torn velvet cushions and chipped but formerly ornate arm rail cravings.

As far as the assorted pouches and pockets are concerned Andrea and the others find. 187 GP, 371 SP, 1729 CP on the bodies.

There are 5 barrels labels as ale in the throne room up agiasnt one wall, and a single cast of wine. Through out the rooms you do see several crates containing dried goods and there are 3 bolts of quality cloth. Check 4: A single appraise check will do for these items.


Evil GM

The two prisoners thank you over and over agian. The John recognizes the big fighter guy, who is missing his right hand, as the man in the adventurers shop. He was the one who asked John to join their group.

"Aye, many thanks, name's Rusty Harbin...me friends and I came up here for some quick coin before guarding the caravan but...."he stops, looks at his bloodied stump of a sword hand, "that turned against us." He kicks the dirt under his feet and looks toward s the firepit near the rear of the holding cell..."they ate 'em, Josh was still alive when they cooked 'em. Fed 'em to those deformed beasts."

The second guy is an older man, with wrinkly skin from being underfed and starved, "Name's Theo Lisbane, I'm a merchant." He is emotional and starts to sob...hugging the closest savior to him. "Been here a month....they ambushed me and my guards coming into the city...killed everyone, stole my goods of cloth, spices, and wine." He pauses, "I think they were working with some nobles...at times...from what I could make out...creating havoc. I'm greatly indebted to you all."

2,651 to 2,700 of 26,346 << first < prev | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.