Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


2,601 to 2,650 of 25,172 << first < prev | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | next > last >>

Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

At this time Bless is gone. We had a minute to heal/buff/talk and whack downed goblins so our beloved +1 has vanished.

Perhaps we should spread out a bit, there might be some kind of spellcaster in there and considering how the one in the sewer made us retreat, we best not risk it.


Evil GM

There are two ways in. The one in front of Duncan where two humans are chained to the wall there is small opening that will require squeezing to get in. The second one is a doorway. Tell me which hex each person is in on the map.

Goblin King Map


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Which hex has the doorway?


Evil GM
Andrea1 wrote:
Which hex has the doorway?

The small doorway is at F5, but it requires squeezing.There is second doorway for room where the humans are chained is at D5/6 which is in the back of the room. The larger doorway is at H8, where Ermolos is standing. There is a second door at the back of the room in Hex D9.

That is a rubbish pile in hexes F7/8, crates in E11 and D10; rubbish in C9, wood pile in C10. These hinder movement. C5/6 is fire pit and you need to get closer to see what else is around it. E 3/4 has broken crate and you need to get closer to make out the other items.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

John will have positioned himself at g,8.


Goblin NPC
Duncan Redhammer wrote:

Has he come out? Are we in position as Duncan ordered?

Then come out an let's be done with it. Ye've been breakin the law. So yer leavinin chains or on a slab. Yer choice.

Duncan cast Divine Favor. How long does BLESS have left?

"I'sssss knowsss the sound of babi kilzing rock picker from 20 ft away."

"Come git me! Goat luuuver"


Goblin NPC

The prone goblin scurries to the corner when John approaches. Moves from hex G9 to G11


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon grins and draws his bow. "Ready for the final battle then?" Shaking his head at Andrea's outburst, he walks over to her and rests his hand on her shoulder gently. "Come on, now. I wish it were easier, too, but the world isn't black and white. No one is all good or all evil. Just because these goblins were criminals, it doesn't mean that they didn't have families. In fact, a lot of bad things in the world are done for inherently good reasons. I can attest to that myself."

Turning to the doorway, Shinon knocks an arrow. "But good reason or not, they're still criminals. If it was a mostly victimless crime like thievery or vandalism, I'd probably let it go. But kidnapping? Those people in chains there, they have families too, I bet. So those goblin babies aren't the only ones crying right now. Unfortunately, we don't get the easy job, Andrea. We have to pick a side. And I, for one, choose the side that lets me rescue the people in chains, rather than the ones who put them there."

Shinon moves up to G7 and waits next to John, allowing Duncan to move through first before squeezing into the doorway himself.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Andrea puts herself at H,& if no one else wants that hex


Evil GM
Andrea1 wrote:
Andrea puts herself at H,& if no one else wants that hex

Is that H7?

MAP Inside mansion

Is this map pretty accurate for everyone? As to the starting order? Not really enough room to put Shinon at G7 with full room to use his bow.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Whoops, switch me over to I,10 please


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Looks fine to me.


Evil GM

Maurice drunk a cure potion in the delay. 18 + 1 = 19

Initiative:

Maurice - moves with group, holding action sword out.
Goblin King - taunting group, holds action.
Duncan - moves into the room holdign the two prisoners.
Shinon -
Ermolos -
John -
Orsin - readies his inspire courage
Andrea -

"I'smell dwarf scum. comeon...I will smite you down with my holy crown! Then rain fire down from the sky after ...I dance on your skull, while eatin' yer brain...ye smelly ...*Sniff sniff*'I smell fear.'


Evil GM

Maurice says "move forward, if injured step back...I'll fill a gap. Probably be tight inside there with the walls. Favor's him."

Will move up wth the group and hold ihis action.

The Goblin King continues his taunts while holding his actions.


Male NPC, Human Warrior1, Fighter1

"If its tight in there...maybe me, Orsin and the sergeant can squeeze through that other opening. Hit him from two directions if they meet?"


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Don't think he go nowhere to run. Some o ye guard the whole here. I'll take the entrance near them folks in chains. John, Shinon with me if ye want. Let's close the trap. The rest watch tje whole and kill im if e comes through. Let's close tha trap! Beware o squeezing through. E's probably on the other side, ready t'skewer ye while ye squeeze.

Duncan moves past the people, they would be safe once the King was dead.
This Dwarf be coming in yer front door an got swords an arrows at yet back. COME GET ME!

Duncan moves in, (hopefully adjacent to John) sword and shield ready.
Perception to spot a hiding Goblin 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


Male NPC, Human Warrior1, Fighter1

Duncan you notice that john will never fit into the opening were the chained people are located. You don't see anyone other than the two prisoners. Ermolos is directly behind you with his axe out pushing you through the exceptionally tight opening. He relaizes he is never going to fit. "Shinon can fit. He's skinny".


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin's grip tightens around his blade. He gently clears his throat as the group prepares to spring into action.

Orsin readies inspire courage at the first sign of combat, making sure to begin it just before any ally makes their first attack.

That's a +1 morale bonus to weapon attack and damage rolls.


Evil GM

Duncan when you are inside the cell room you can see to humans manacled to the wall they look worse to wear.

Duncan and any one entering the room:
You see one big strong fighter looking type with his left hand over his head chained to the wall, he is missing his right hand. The nub looks bloodied with just enough healing aid to keep him alive. He is in a loin cloth only, with wounds on his body. A few scars look old, from previous battles, but he is covered with many newer lacerations varying from a day to week in age.

The second person has both his hands chained to the wall and he is a middle aged man with loose skin from being under fed. He is missing his right foot and two left toes. Likewise, he has many semi-healed lacerations on his body.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Andrea holds steady. Rain fire? Be wary of wizardy. Waiting to see the others move through the hole and keeping an eye on the rear entrance.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Duncan moves past keeps a wary eye and gently nudges the prisoners with a boot.
Ye alive? Where b yer jailer?

Perception:Spot and find traps1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Back me up Shinon


Evil GM

The big man motions his head towards the rear door. The other man is unresponsive.

Duncan and Shinon Only:
When you peer through the back door you see a room with a firepit, there are a lot of humanoid bones laying around and inside the pit.

Duncan with the move to the opening, squeezing and moving up to rear door that's a double move action.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

OK, once Shinon is in the room Duncan casts bless.
He checks Shinon is ready, Recasts Divine Favor if the durationis up and strides into the room with the fire pit, shield ready.


Evil GM

Ermolos finishes his action by moving into the room with the doorway. Hex E8 "I don't see anyone in the room from this angle, looks like ther is another door to our right hand side."

Maurice moves into the room. HexF9


Evil GM

Mid Round Recap-

Maurice - moves with group to hex F(.
Goblin King - taunting group, holds action.
Duncan - moves into the room holding the two prisoners.
Shinon -
Ermolos - moves with Duncan then back tracks once sees he won't fit in the opening. Ends in hex E8.
John -
Orsin - readies his inspire courage.
Andrea - Holds action


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Holds steady until whatever final violence starts up.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

John will follow Ermolos into the room and willmove infront of him to d9.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon moves in as well, glancing around for any sign of life and looking for traps.

Perception (Trapfinding): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28


Goblin NPC

Read the earlier spoilers directed at Duncan dnd yourself that will tell you about the room.

John at you enter the area a javelin is thrown at you from the doorway to your right, there is goblin wearing thorny crown standing there in defiance.

"This be my kingdom."

javelin: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 91d4 ⇒ 2

He miss judges the woodpile in front of you and the javelin slips as he is throwing it.

"Me Goblin King."

MAP


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Andrea heaers the noise and moves to G,8. COntinuing to hold steady

Still waiting as round 2 continues


Evil GM

Goblin King Battle Round 1-

Maurice - moves with group to hex E9.
Goblin King - taunting group, held action until John poked his head in the room, the king threw a javelin but it slipped form his hand.

Duncan - moves into the room holding the two prisoners.
Shinon - Moved in behind Duncan, looking for traps but finding none.
Ermolos - moves with Duncan then back tracks once sees he won't fit in the opening. Ends in hex E8.
John - Moved up to D9
Orsin - readies his inspire courage, he let his inspire courage song ring once the combat began.
Andrea - Holds action

Andrea has an aciton remaining.

Initiative:

Maurice -
Goblin King -
Duncan -
Shinon -
Ermolos -
John -
Orsin -
Andrea -

Round 2 begins.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon grins and knocks an arrow. "Look around. There are seven of us and one of you. Do you truly think you stand a chance? Ah well. This wouldn't be any fun if you just gave up like your men. Have at you!"

Shinon draws his bow back and lets the arrow fly.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

I believe you are not in range of the goblin king. He is over near John.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2
Andrea1 wrote:
I believe you are not in range of the goblin king. He is over near John.

Thank you. Baldwin, I'd like to move to G8 before I take my shot, please.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18
Shinon wrote:
Andrea1 wrote:
I believe you are not in range of the goblin king. He is over near John.
Thank you. Baldwin, I'd like to move to G8 before I take my shot, please.

Andrea runs over to examine Shinon who is clearly confused. 'Silly Shinon! You would need to squeeze past Duncan in order to shoot at the king!" :)


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2
Andrea1 wrote:


Andrea runs over to examine Shinon who is clearly confused. 'Silly Shinon! You would need to squeeze past Duncan in order to shoot at the king!" :)

...Really? Because from where I'm looking at the map, I'd be able to...well, if you say so. Oh well, Duncan's initiative is before mine, so as long as he moves on his turn I won't need to squeeze past him. In that case, I'd like to move to B9 before I take my shot.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Well there might be something in that firepit room that might object to you running through, I have a feeling that there is more than what we are just seeing.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Duncan, hearing the challenge moves to C9 (adjacent to john so AC is 21) and casts his divine Favor (finally) roaring, Come on, Vermin King lay down yer arms or die on me sword!


Evil GM
Shinon wrote:
Andrea1 wrote:


Andrea runs over to examine Shinon who is clearly confused. 'Silly Shinon! You would need to squeeze past Duncan in order to shoot at the king!" :)
...Really? Because from where I'm looking at the map, I'd be able to...well, if you say so. Oh well, Duncan's initiative is before mine, so as long as he moves on his turn I won't need to squeeze past him. In that case, I'd like to move to B9 before I take my shot.

Your eyes must have been blurry from that axe blow to the head. You don't have a line of sight from G8 there is a stone wall in your way.

Duncan manages to moved to C9, Shinon following close by to B9. Shinon fires his arrow hitting.


Evil GM

The Goblin King throws a second javelin this time at Shinon who moves into the room.

Javelin: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 121d4 ⇒ 3

Missing he half elf.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Duncan is offended at being ignored.Yer mother was an orc's footstool


Evil GM

RD 2

Maurice is not sure how about the amount of space in the room Duncan, Shinon are in, so he hangs back to protect the group's rear.

Ermolos likewise is not sure of the space, so he protects teh rear with Maurice.

Shinon is in hex B9, Duncan is in hex C9, John is in D9. Andrea is in hex G8, Orsin is in hex G10, Ermolos is in hex E8, Maurince is in hex E10. Actions remaining: Duncan, John, Orsin, Andrea std action.


Goblin NPC

"phatso...come git me," as he spits his words in Duncan's general direction, he is pulling his short sword out.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Your mother was a dog lover! Dog blood! Dog blood in your veins!

Andrea holds steady.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

John will move to b10 and attack the goblin king.
attack with power attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2
John Deos wrote:

John will move to b10 and attack the goblin king.

[dice=attack with power attack]1d20+7
[dice=damage]1d8+6

John, I think you're missing your Inspire Courage bonuses. We're all getting +1 to attack and damage right now from Orsin


Goblin NPC

The goblin king takes the hard hit form John. I added the additonal Hp of damage from the inspire courage.

I'm goblinKing ...no fair ...gang-up on me...I'm goblinKing dammit."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Now he complains! You should have fought with your subjects!


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Duncan moves to C10 to meet the Goblin king.
A king don't hide while 'is troops die!

1hand PA Divine Favor, Inspire, Bless1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 1 = 9
Damage1d10 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 9


Goblin NPC

Duncan climbs on top the wood pile and feels it shift under his body weight causing his attack to go wide. Make an Acrobatic roll DC12 to see if the keep your balance.

'"me goblinKing the magnifico...son of the b'g boom." He prattles on and on.

RD 2 Remaining Actions: John, Orsin, Andrea std action

2,601 to 2,650 of 25,172 << first < prev | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.