Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


2,501 to 2,550 of 26,346 << first < prev | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | next > last >>

Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Didn't read properly, didn't see the goblin died. Deleted my original post, will have a new one in just a second.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon glances towards the wall, where Ermolos points out they have prisoners chained. Shinon nods and walks over, calmly taking out his thieves' tools and getting to work on the locks that have kept these men and women caged.

Disable Device check:
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13

If he successfully releases them, Shinon will help them stand up and ask, "Are you alright? Do you require food? Water?"

Edit: I suck at rolling. Okay, he will take 20, for a total of 31 to the check that takes 2 minutes


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

We are kind of pressed for time here. More goblins attacking


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2
Andrea1 wrote:
We are kind of pressed for time here. More goblins attacking

More? Stupid Ermolos, distracting Shinon with civilians! Well then, I shall begin to take 20 for probably 3 rounds or so until the goblins get my attention.

Perception check: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17


Evil GM
Shinon wrote:
Andrea1 wrote:
We are kind of pressed for time here. More goblins attacking

More? Stupid Ermolos, distracting Shinon with civilians! Well then, I shall begin to take 20 for probably 3 rounds or so until the goblins get my attention.

Perception check: 1d20+13

Well you are nowhere near the prisioners that Ermolos sees from his postion. You need to move up. Take 20 assumes you are spending 2 minutes without distractions and no threats. CRB86

Your perception check is going to reveal what I posted from your POV on the previous page. The only difference from your current POV is the goblin in H$ is dead and Ermolos is there now and Duncan is standing at I4. Take a few minutes and catch-up on the posts.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea will move to J,3 if possible and cast Shield of Faith on Duncan
+2 Deflection to AC for 3 Minutes.


Evil GM
Andrea1 wrote:

Andrea will move to J,3 if possible and cast Shield of Faith on Duncan

+2 Deflection to AC for 3 Minutes.

Andrea goes to the large rubbish pile and reaches across to touch Duncan.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Looking at the map...there seems to be an enemy in F5, right?

Shinon blinks as the dwarf downs his quarry and takes a moment to relax before his ears perk up and he turns, seeing a goblin running out from the wall towards him. Shinon takes a step back and draws an arrow, firing it right at the goblin. The arrow misses and hits the wall behind the charging creature. Shinon frowns and drops his bow, drawing his sword and readying himself for combat.

I'm not going to cheat, so I'll use the same roll I had before, which was a 12, so I miss even a standard goblin.


Evil GM

Yes, there is goblin in F5. Are you going ot move forward towards Duncan?


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2
baldwin the merciful wrote:
Yes, there is goblin in F5. Are you going ot move forward towards Duncan?

No, Shinon was too surprised to do that. Standard action to fire an arrow, move action to draw the sword.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging
Andrea1 wrote:

Andrea will move to J,3 if possible and cast Shield of Faith on Duncan

+2 Deflection to AC for 3 Minutes.

Duncan would kiss you if he wasn't still unsure about needing to kill you later...;)


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Wash your beard first and then Andrea will conder. :)


Evil GM

Remaining action for RD8: Orsin and John. Once they go I will roll out a new initiative for the inside action.


Evil GM
Andrea1 wrote:
Wash your beard first and then Andrea will conder. :)

I know he bathed after the sewer adventure but he does look like a chia pet, he probably missed some shyte in his beard.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin moves to J3 and uses his standard action to fight defensively.

AC is now 17, -4 penalty to attacks.

Sorry for the brevity of my post, I'll be a little touch and go tonight and will post from my phone when I can...! DM, feel free to bot me if you feel so inclined. :)


Evil GM
Orsino 'Orsin' Bessatte wrote:

Orsin moves to J3 and uses his standard action to fight defensively.

AC is now 17, -4 penalty to attacks.

Sorry for the brevity of my post, I'll be a little touch and go tonight and will post from my phone when I can...! DM, feel free to bot me if you feel so inclined. :)

Andrea moved to J3. You can make it to J4


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea lightly pushes Orsin to J4. My goodness! We've just met!


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

If anyone needs more potions ask me! I have over a dozen in my satchel here! Andrea indeed has a bulging satchel at her side.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

John will move up to where Duncan took down the goblin ready for more fighting.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Yay!


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Try to kill those archers first! Plus concentrate on those things with extra arms and legs, they hit hard.

I'm almost out of spells. I am considering casting a spell on Ermolos that will help guide his aim and strengthen his body, Aid 1d8+3 HP +1 Hit I can also turn one of us invisible so they can strike from hiding, and I have a minor miracle that can help guide one's aim for one strikeGuidance

Andrea looks around the battlefield. I can also heal us with my divine aura but that risks healing an goblins that still have life in them.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

On his turn Duncan will grab and ready the shield dropped by the goblin sergent he killed and ready it. Buckler, Light or Heavy? Transferring his judgement to fast healing.
Hold up lad, let's make a wall, aye?


Evil GM

Duncan it was a light wooden shield for him but it will be more of a buckler for you. He was a small creature. The goblins and adv goblins are small sized. The troblins are medium size.

I did not bring my my humbdrive to work with the gaming materials and maps, so I won't be able to do much until I get home this afternoon. John hex H4 is already occupied by ermolos, you can go to either H5 or I5. orisin is in J4 and Andrea is in J3. Basically a shielded around Duncan so he can pop a potion or two.


Evil GM

Initiative:

maurice: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Ermolos: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Duncan: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
John: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Orsin: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8
Andrea: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19
Shinon: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Goblins: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Troblin: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Goblin dogs: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Sergeants: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Initiative order for Manor House:

Sergeant
Duncan
Andrea
Goblin
Troblin
John
Goblin Dogs
Maurice
Orsin
Shinon
Ermolos


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon swings his longsword at the goblin attacking him. "Ugh. May I have some assistance, please? Sword-fighting is so...barbaric."

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
1d8 ⇒ 2


Evil GM
Shinon wrote:

Shinon swings his longsword at the goblin attacking him. "Ugh. May I have some assistance, please? Sword-fighting is so...barbaric."

1d20+5
1d8

LOL...that would be an excellent move IF there was goblin in melee with you. The closest goblin is 30 feet from you. From your last post you remained back in hex M4.

Maurice looks over at the strange half-elf swinging his sword at phantom goblins. Shaking his head back and forth. He musta took a big hit from that axe to his head earlier...the boy's seeing things now.

"You just go around and poke the ones laying on the ground to make sure they be dead. Can you handle that? Don't go risking taking another blow to the head. Not sure you'd survive that."


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2
baldwin the merciful wrote:
Shinon wrote:

Shinon swings his longsword at the goblin attacking him. "Ugh. May I have some assistance, please? Sword-fighting is so...barbaric."

1d20+5
1d8

LOL...that would be an excellent move IF there was goblin in melee with you. The closest goblin is 30 feet from you. From your last post you remained back in hex M4.

Maurice looks over at the strange half-elf swinging his sword at phantom goblins. Shaking his head back and forth. He musta took a big hit from that axe to his head earlier...the boy's seeing things now.

"You just go around and poke the ones laying on the ground to make sure they be dead. Can you handle that? Don't go risking taking another blow to the head. Not sure you'd survive that."

You pushed my initiative back behind the goblins, so I assumed the pne in F5 would be on me by the time my turn started.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea gives Duncan a potion of CMW from her satchel. Drink this! This is a stronger healing potion.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Buckler for me? PERFECT. Sorry to waste an action guys but...

Having gotten the buckler, onto his arm, Duncan Drinks the potion Andrea hands him.
Standard. CMW2d8 + 5 ⇒ (2, 3) + 5 = 10 and keeps his judgement to fast healing.

Ok, me an John takin the front!
Duncan moves.to form an offensive wall with John.
Duncan will use his Current teamwork feat (swap places) to use his move to swap with an ally and take up a space beside John, which ever square he is in. Remember SOLO TACTICS class ability means the feat works for Duncan despitehis ally not having it

Swap places:
Benefit: Whenever you are adjacent to an ally who also has this feat, you can move into your ally’s square as part of normal movement. At the same time, your ally moves into your previous space as an immediate action. Both you and your ally must be willing and able to move to take advantage of this feat. Your ally must be the same size as you to utilize this feat. Your ally does not provoke an attack of opportunity from this movement, but you provoke as normal. This movement does not count against your ally’s movement on his next turn.


Evil GM
Duncan Redhammer wrote:

Buckler for me? PERFECT. Sorry to waste an action guys but...

Having gotten the buckler, onto his arm, Duncan Drinks the potion Andrea hands him.
Standard. CMW2d8+1 and keeps his judgement to fast healing.

Ok, me an John takin the front!

Add four more to your cure potion, Duncan those were 2d8+5


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Done.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Don't get killed Duncan! You still need to teach Ermolos how to rage!


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Bah! I ain't fallin' to no damn Goblins!


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Shinon! I can bash the heads of downed goblins if need be.


Goblin NPC

The sergeant is yelling in golbin to the warriors, the voice is from somewhere inside the mansion.

The goblins act using bows at this time:

Goblins in G9 and G10, H9 fire their sh bows at Shinon

G 1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 181d4 ⇒ 2
G 2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 121d4 ⇒ 4
G 3: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 51d4 ⇒ 4

One arrow strikes the half-elf.

The goblins at G2 and F3 fire at Duncan

G 4: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 181d4 ⇒ 1
G 5: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 131d4 ⇒ 2

The two arrows miss the dwarf.

The goblin at F5 fires at John

G 6: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 121d4 ⇒ 4

Two troblins move forward. One to H6 and is attacking John the other to J5 and is attacking Orsin. The three armed one is attacking John while the very fleet footed one took a longer path to avoid John's AOO and seemed to move farther easier.

Troblin greatclub: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 191d10 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Banging off the shiled harmlessly.

The troblin against Orsin:

Troblin greatclub: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 231d10 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Orsin's ribs crack with the great thud.

Mansion MAP

The arrow misses.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

John will attack the troblin who attacked him.
Attack with longsword with power attack1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 1 = 13
Pretty sure I miss.


Evil GM

John and Duncan can see three goblin dogs yaking from inside a ruined room, roughly 10 to 15 feet away. They are baring teeth and in an crouched ready to attack postion. The dogs have not advanced, yet.

John moves to attack the troblin but is too distracted by the sound of the dogs.


Evil GM

Mid Round Recap -

Sergeant - barking orders from within the mansion
Duncan - swapped positons with Ermolos, drnk a cure mod potion for 10HP.
Andrea - handed up a potion. Holding action
Goblin - 5 fired short bow, Shinon, Duncan and John. Only one hit Shinon.

Troblin - two troblins moved up to attack John and Orsin. Thea ttack on Orsin hit him hard cracking ribs. 13 HP damage.

John - swung at a Troblin but missed when he was distracted by goblin dogs.

Goblin Dogs - three dogs showing teeth and gettign in an attack position.

Maurice - Moves up K4 and attack the troblin that smashed Orsin's ribs.

Orsin -

Shinon - is feeling the effects to of the recent axe to his head, swinging aimlessly yelling for help. He finally drops his sword, pick up his bow and fires at the goblin in G9, hitting him for 6 HP of damage.

Ermolos -He stepped up 5 ft, and his axe bit deep into the troblin that attacked Orsin. 8 HP


Evil GM

Maurice moves up next to Orsin Hex K4 and swings at the troblin.

Long Sword: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 111d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Missing.


Male NPC, Human Warrior1, Fighter1

With a battle cry the boy step up 5 ft, getting him a bit closer for a flanking positon, and he hacks at the troblin that crushed Orsin's ribs.

Gr Axe: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 161d12 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

His axe bits deep.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon drops his sword, picks up his bow and shoots at the goblin in G9.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Evil GM
Shinon wrote:

Shinon drops his sword, picks up his bow and shoots at the goblin in G9.

1d20+8
1d8+1

Since you posted so early before and there were no goblins near you at the time, you can can drop your sword bend down pick up and fire you bow this round.

The arrow strikes the goblin but he is still up.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin grabs at his ribs, eyes narrowing as he stares back at the troblin. He wipes blood from the corner of his mouth before attacking.

Longsword: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Weapon Damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

Most likely missing. Orsin will take a 5-foot step back to K2. Move action to retrieve a potion of cure moderate wounds.

Current HP: 22 - 13 = 9


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Duncan swaps his swap places feat for ALLIED SHIELD. He stays adjacent to John for an extra.2.AC and will move if he moves

AC 21. One hand attacks now. Bot me DM. Out with wife


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea notices Orsin taking a wound but stepping back out of range of the Troblin. She considered casting her charm of Aid Upon Ermolos but remembered that the charm to guide his arm would be nullified from her previous blessing. Andrea then reaches out and lightly touches his shoulder, a small charm flowing into him..

Guidance on Ermolos +1 to hit/save/skill. Lasts until he uses it


Evil GM

Orsin a 5ft step back puts you at K3.

andrea is staring face to face with the troblin that cracked Orsin's ribs. A heated look crosses the deformed creature's face.


Evil GM

Round 1 Mansion Recap -

Sergeant - barking orders from within the mansion
Duncan - swapped positons with Ermolos, drnk a cure mod potion for 10HP.
Andrea - handed up a potion. Cast guidance on Ermolos
Goblin - 5 fired short bow, Shinon, Duncan and John. Only one hit Shinon.

Troblin - two troblins moved up to attack John and Orsin. Thea ttack on Orsin hit him hard cracking ribs. 13 HP damage.

John - swung at a Troblin but missed when he was distracted by goblin dogs.

Goblin Dogs - three dogs showing teeth and gettign in an attack position.

Maurice - Moves up K4 and attack the troblin that smashed Orsin's ribs.

Orsin - misses wiht his pained swing and steps back to retrieve a potion.

Shinon - is feeling the effects to of the recent axe to his head, swinging aimlessly yelling for help. He finally drops his sword, pick up his bow and fires at the goblin in G9, hitting him for 6 HP of damage.

Ermolos -He stepped up 5 ft, and his axe bit deep into the troblin that attacked Orsin. 8 HP

Round 2 Mansion-

Sergeant - The sergeant holds his action.
Duncan- holds his action waiting on the goblin dogs to attack.
Andrea
Goblin
Troblin
John
Goblin Dogs
Maurice
Orsin
Shinon
Ermolos

Round 2 begins:

MAP MANSION RD2


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Looks like I'm a magnet for the stinky ones. Ermlos, Maurice! I'm going to see if I can bend that creature's will to mine! You'll know if it works or not.

Andrea smooches her lips at the Troblin and casts Charm Person while flashing a little leg

DC 14. It does get +5 due to getting whacked before unless it is really desperate.


Evil GM

Will Save: 1d20 + 1 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 5 = 7

It grunts something towards the pretty cleric. His crooked mouth shows many missing teeth and he heart pounds.

How did you cast charm person? It's an arcane spell. Plus, the description states: "You must speak the person's language to communicate your commands, or else be good at pantomiming."


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Correction. Duncan's round 2 action was to Swap his teamwork feat to ALLIED SHIELD (standard), he then holds his move to stay adjacent to Jon if he moves.

2,501 to 2,550 of 26,346 << first < prev | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.