Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


2,451 to 2,500 of 26,346 << first < prev | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | next > last >>

Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Seeing that the major goblins have felled, and not wanting to waste more of her dwindling bolts, Andrea moves back to J,-5. If one of their group is greviously injured, she wants to be able to heal via her aura and not envelop any of the goblins with healing power.


Evil GM

A goblin attacks Duncan, Maurice and Ermolos.

goblin v Duncan: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 81d4 ⇒ 3
goblin v Maurice: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 151d4 ⇒ 3
goblin v. Ermolos: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 181d4 ⇒ 1

Ermolos takes a hit. After they attack they flee backwards.


Evil GM

Rd 6 Recap:

Initiative:

Shinon - killed the Goblin near john. Hex I2.

Maurice - moves up to M1, attacks the Adv goblin in front of him. Missing

Troblins -dead

Adv Goblins - stabbed at Orsin but missed.

Goblin Riding Dogs -dead

Orsin - misses his attack then moves back to M-1.

Duncan

John - drinks a healing potion. Back to full health.

Ermolos - attacks the goblin in front of him but misses.

Andrea moved make to J5

Goblins three attack Duncan, Maurice and Ermolos. Ermolos is hit for 1 point of damage. The fodder flees, leaving the sergeant in front of Maurice remaining.

Duncan has an action remaining.

Rd 7 Begins

MAP RD 7


Male Dwarf Warrior 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Duncan moves in a L shape line east, then south to bring himself into a flank with Maurice.
They're breakin'

Two Hand Divine Favor, Blessed, Flank, PA1d20 + 5 + 1 + 2 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 1 + 2 + 2 - 1 = 20
2 hand PA Judgement, DivFavor1d10 + 4 + 3 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 3 + 2 + 2 = 12

Edit: Just realised I have 3CL so Divine Favor bonus is +2.


Evil GM

RD6 Duncan's Action

Duncan tries to put forth his divine favor again but it fails him.

Revised Initiative:
Shinon
Maurice
Adv Goblin
Orsin
Duncan
John
Ermolos
Andrea
Goblins


Evil GM

Maurice attacks the sergeant in front of him.

Longsword: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 151d8 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Missing


Goblin NPC

The sergeant thrusts at the newcomer to the party, Duncan.

sh sword: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 211d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Piercing the dwarf's flesh with glory. The sergeant chatters,

If you understand goblin:
Di..di...di..me trups be Kowards, not me! Di."

It'll be a sad game if a dwarf PC dies by a goblin's blade.

I forgot to use this cute little guy as the avatar.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Step back Duncan!


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon moves up behind Duncan, drawing a potion and holding it out to him.


Evil GM

Rd 7 remaining actions:

Orsin
Duncan
John
Ermolos
Andrea
Goblins


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

John willmove up to the goblin attacking Duncan and will strike at him.
attack with longsword with power attack 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 7 + 1 = 21
damage1d8 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 1 = 9


Evil GM

John moves up boxing in the sergeant but his attack falls short as the deft goblin slides to his left.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin as if he were singing an extremely loud, very high note, but you hear nothing. The air around the sergeant however violently ripples as the goblins clothing and flesh are torn by unseen, unheard waves of sonic energy.

Fort save DC 14 to halve damage and negate the stun

Sonic damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Ugh, that's hardly anything.


Goblin NPC

The sergeant hears the sound. He is surrounded by your allies do others have to make the save is this a cone effect?

Fort save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

By the goblin shakes off the effects of the sound.


Male NPC, Human Warrior1, Fighter1

Ermolos swings his great axe at the goblin's shoulder.

Gr Axe: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 211d12 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

The blade skims off the leather armor.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea holds steady, waiting to see how the others act before she commits. Just waiting for Ermolos and Duncan.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

No, it's a single target spell.


Male Dwarf Warrior 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Duncan, realising how badly wounded he is steps back, tranferring his judgement to fast healing and drinks shinon's potion.

Cure light or Moderate?


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea breathes a small sigh as the stubbern dwarf takes his medicine. :) and runs to J,0 so she can help combat the goblin.


Evil GM

The goblins continue to flee from the battle scene and into the manor house.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Light, I have a feeling Ill be needing that moderate soon


Evil GM

RD 7 recap:

Revised Initiative:
Shinon - moves up to behind Duncan to give a potion.
Maurice - tried to hit the sergeant but missed
Adv Goblin - stabbed Duncan for 5 HP of damage
Orsin - Cast a ssound spell causing 1 HP of damage to the sergeant.
Duncan - drank the potion Shinon handed to him.
John - moved to box in the sergeant and swung missing him.
Ermolos - chopped down on the sergeant but missed.
Andrea - moved up to J0
Goblins - fled inside the manor house.

Revised Initiative:
Shinon
Maurice
Adv Goblin
Orsin
Duncan
John
Ermolos
Andrea
Goblins

RD 8 Begins:

MAP RD 8


Male Dwarf Warrior 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Cure1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Yer surrounded! Give it up and we won't killye!


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Duncan! Didn't your mother ever tell you not to negotiate with goblins?


Male Dwarf Warrior 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

If the Goblin doesn't surrender, Duncan will step back in, taking advantage of the flank and putting his judgement to help him hit. This fight needed to end.
2 hand Divine Favor, Judgement, Bless, Flank, Power Attack1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 24
Damage w/dustructive Smite1d10 + 4 + 2 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 2 + 3 + 1 = 18

Edit: If a 24 doesn't hit, we MAY be able to take us all....


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

"It's not like it will do us any good keeping it alive. We can't understand a word it's saying!"

NICE damage, Duncan.


Male Dwarf Warrior 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

My turn is AFTER the goblin. If he attacks me, i have 7hp only. If he surrenders guys, no reason we can't use a prisoner who knows the dungeon layout ;)


Goblin NPC

Since nobody speaks goblin, he attacks. He hit duncan before and he see the giant tank near by, so he decides he will go after the dwarf.

sh sword: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 191d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Jabbing at the the dwarf once again and piercing his flesh.

He darts between John and Duncan trying to leave the area. If he succeeds he gets to H4.Duncan I will use your previous roll as your AoO. John gets an AoO on the goblin as he moves from through L3. Shinon you had a bow in your hand so you don't get the AoO.

Duncan counters with hack with his bastard sword, striking home but the tough sergeant growls and takes the damage.


Male Dwarf Warrior 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

He's STILL up? WOW! We should recriut the little sob. Duncan is at 1hp. Still 18 damage is alot at this level. Should only take one more......somebody....anybody!

Duncan accepts the hit with a grunt and looks unsteady. He keeps his feet and his sword up and speaks,

Dwarven:
Losing to a Gobbo, me Daddy would be ashamed if I knew im.


Evil GM
Duncan Redhammer wrote:
He's STILL up? WOW! We should recriut the little sob. Duncan is at 1hp.

He was advanced, he has only taken 19 HP of damage. Also, note I editted the previous post regarding your attack.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

This guy is just a lieutenant. Imagine what the goblin king is like!


Evil GM
Andrea1 wrote:
This guy is just a lieutenant. Imagine what the goblin king is like!

You killed the lietenant he failed his save and dropped his shield and sh. sword in front of Duncan. This one is a sergeant. Gruum even told you not to be too cocky, Duncan.


Male Dwarf Warrior 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging
baldwin the merciful wrote:
Duncan Redhammer wrote:
He's STILL up? WOW! We should recriut the little sob. Duncan is at 1hp.
He was advanced, he has only taken 19 HP of damage. Also, note I editted the previous post regarding your attack.

Ok, If that was my AOO, then I get another attack on my turn

2 handed Divine Favor, Judgement, Bless, PA1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 5 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 1 = 27
Damage1d10 + 4 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 2 + 3 = 15

Die, Damn ye!


Evil GM
Duncan Redhammer wrote:
baldwin the merciful wrote:
Duncan Redhammer wrote:
He's STILL up? WOW! We should recriut the little sob. Duncan is at 1hp.
He was advanced, he has only taken 19 HP of damage. Also, note I editted the previous post regarding your attack.

Ok, If that was my AOO, then I get another attack on my turn

2 handed Divine Favor, Judgement, Bless, PA1d20+5+2+1+1-1
Damage1d10+4+2+3

Die, Damn ye!

are you chasing him? He will be ahead of you in H4 his movement is 30 ft.

When you turn you do see a troblin and well armored goblin and a couple warriors guarding the ruined back wall.

Shinon has is action remaining. John has an AoO. Orsin, Duncan, John, Ermolos and Andrea have actions but the goblin is out of melee combat.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Stay with us Duncan!


Male Dwarf Warrior 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging
baldwin the merciful wrote:
Duncan Redhammer wrote:
baldwin the merciful wrote:
Duncan Redhammer wrote:
He's STILL up? WOW! We should recriut the little sob. Duncan is at 1hp.
He was advanced, he has only taken 19 HP of damage. Also, note I editted the previous post regarding your attack.

Ok, If that was my AOO, then I get another attack on my turn

2 handed Divine Favor, Judgement, Bless, PA1d20+5+2+1+1-1
Damage1d10+4+2+3

Die, Damn ye!

are you chasing him? He will be ahead of you in H4 his movement is 30 ft.

Hell yes, I chase him. The first diagonal is 5ft so I can follow to I4 and hit him. Duncan WANTS that kill and knows he can turn the tide by dropping thier best warriors. ANOTHER 15damage from my attack better kill him or we are screwed. WHO DARES WINS!!

Keep up Lass!

Hope he's dead and looks like that wall should give Duncan cover from the Troblin in H3


Evil GM

This is the view from Shinon's position.

MAP FROM SHINON'S POV


Male Dwarf Warrior 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

THIS ENCOUNTER IS AWESOME BTW!!!


Evil GM

The goblin falls down with Duncan's sword in his back.

To Duncan's dismay he has run straight into an inhabited area. There are loud grawls coming from near by. You see two goblins wiht short bows to your immediate left within in 10 feet of you. there is another one 15 ft directly in front. the grawls are comng from the enterance between the bowman. To your right are two troblins - one has three legs and one has three arms.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Duncan! Hold on!

Andrea moves to J,3 and touches Duncan as he passes by. Makign a shiummering surround him

Shield of Faith. +2 AC to Duncan for 3 minutes. Hopefully it will help him not get killed.


Evil GM
Andrea1 wrote:

Duncan! Hold on!

Andrea moves to J,3 and touches Duncan as he passes by. Makign a shiummering surround him

Shield of Faith. +2 AC to Duncan for 3 minutes. Hopefully it will help him not get killed.

Andrea couple thing...he needs to do a perception listen check DC15 to hear you and understand what you are saying. Then there are two moves between you and Duncan so he will need to break his action in order to permit you to move to J3, so his attack will not work.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Edit: Bleg

Duncan get back here! Don't you end up like Kenji!


Male Dwarf Warrior 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Don't worry about it, Andrea. Duncan will pull back if he lives. ;)
we have killed enough to start going defensive. We could pull back for a channel or two.

Duncan exhalts as the goblin segent FINALLY falls.Ha! but pulls up when he sees the shooters

Dwarven:
OH SH!T


Evil GM
Duncan Redhammer wrote:
THIS ENCOUNTER IS AWESOME BTW!!!

Thanks appreciate it. There is an awful lot of fodder in here, then you have a few sergeants, a lieutenant and couple deformed creatures - the troblins. Of course the Goblin King is to come. Your resources will be tested. With the shear size of the encounter and the waves of action this certainly qualifies as an epic encounter.


Male Dwarf Warrior 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Just the way I like it. Fodder makes me happy! makes BLASTERS happy too. Wink, Wink!


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea bites her lip, not enough to bleed, but it does hurt. They're running off again, just like those other times. Going to get killed. I'm going to be all alone here. Gnawed by rats and now goblins, Nrgh..


Evil GM

MAP DUNCAN'S POV

Here is what you see Duncan.


Male NPC, Human Warrior1, Fighter1

Ermolos drinks a potion and runs after Duncan.

Cure Light: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

The boy has spring in his step as he moves to H4 directly in front of Duncan using his body as shield.

perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

Thye have prisoners chained to the wall!

Not sure if you caught the cure moderate that John drank but it was a 2d8+5 roll.


Male Dwarf Warrior 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Thanks. Andrea could make it to I3 for that Shield of faith spell, no worries on her turn, now that the goblin is dead. only john and Ermolos can act before her.


Evil GM
Shinon wrote:

Shinon chuckles a bit and raises his bow. "Dwarves. Always eager to rush into things, never willing to just take a breath, concentrate, and let loose just one. Single. Shot..." He releases the arrow he nocked, letting it fly right past the dwarf's head and into the resilient goblin's back.

1d20+8
1d8+1

The arrow misses wide and shatters off the wall.

2,451 to 2,500 of 26,346 << first < prev | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.