Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


201 to 250 of 25,177 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human(Minkakian) Martial Artist lvl 2 (Int +4) (AC17)

I'm just following, far as I am aware, no one has really asked my opinion. Especially since I'm not the one leading. I will folllow whatever the party decides here.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Well let us try the door, at least look through it to see if it is a way out. Is everyone ok with this? I vote door. Perhaps John could go through first since he is the best armored


Evil GM

Looks like the party is pushing John through the dreaded marred door...


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

I am not! I am giving friendly encouragment!


Evil GM
Andrea1 wrote:
I am not! I am giving friendly encouragment!

Sure you are...send John through the door...John will do it...John will do anything. Just take a little peek, what's the worse that can happen. HAHAHA, evil grin from the DM


Male Human(Minkakian) Martial Artist lvl 2 (Int +4) (AC17)

I step back and watch cautiously.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Jus open the damn thing, fore I do it an one o ye can use yer eyes up fron't.


Evil GM

Looks like there is a consensus.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

"Very well then" John approaches the door and opens it.


Evil GM

The room is an empty 5 by 5 storeroom of some sort. There is a small pile of tattered cloth nested in the far left corner. There are to old wooden shelves on the back wall. The dust is thick on the sheleves and they are empty, except for three glass jars.

On close examination:
jar one has some living beatles and muck;
jar two has some dirt and white lava;
jar three has some dirt and white grubs.

Each jar has small holes in the lid.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Somehow I don't think this the safehouse. Plus it looks to be a bad place to get caught in by Hellknights.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

"Agreed, shall we keep moving?"


Evil GM

You all can make a Knowledge Dungeoneering, local, or engineer/architecture

Also, make a perception check


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Knowledge: Dungeoneering1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Perception1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Evil GM

Duncan you are too busy studying the construction to notice what is happening around you but you do realize that...

Duncan's Knowledge:
This is a marvel of underground architectural construction. The sewers were manmade, and made very well. The City itself is only a few feet above water; however, the sewers are sloped and have tide powered wheels that ensure the flow is to the open water. You have notice little, if any, back-up of sewage. The room you are looking at was obviously designed to house supplies and people during construciton hundred's of years ago.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon examines the contents of the room carefully.

Know (Local): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


Evil GM

Shinon results:

Knowledge:
You remember learning that when the sewers were built hundreds of years ago they somehow flowed to the water, even though the much of the City itself is barely above sea level. A creidt to ingenuity.

Perception:
You see a lump within the tattered nesting inside the room.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon walks over and kneels down at the tattered nesting, examining the lump he saw.


Evil GM

Underneath the straw, cloth is a bundled dirty cloth that is tied with string. There is a cowrie shell, with emerald and tan mottled pattern. Appraise DC 10,

There is, also, a silver signet ring with crest. Knowledge nobility 10, Knowledge local 12.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Appraise: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Know (Local): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18
baldwin the merciful wrote:

You all can make a Knowledge Dungeoneering, local, or engineer/architecture

Also, make a perception check

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14


Evil GM
Shinon wrote:

Appraise: 1d20+2

Know (Local): 1d20+6

Very interesting...

Spoiler:
Ohhhhhh, pretty shell.

Interesting House Grulios family signet ring. One of the remaining 12 most prominent noble families. This is rumored to be the 4th most powerful family in the City, of Chelish ethnicity.


Evil GM

Andrea:

You hear a new sound of fast dripping on cobbled stone coming from the direction that your group was travelling.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

"What in blazes?" Shinon whispers to himself, staring down at the ring. He lifts it to the sky and looks it over. "This is the signet ring of House Grulios. What would this be doing here? Hmm...I have a bad feeling about this."

Shinon decides to head to the library at his earliest convenience and do a little research on House Grulios.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

If we'r done looking at crap, there's plenty more to sludge through. Let's get goin so's I can wash me beard. Gonna stick out like dog balls for our smell.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

"As you wish," Shinon agreed, pocketing the ring and the shell. He stood up and walked out of the room, getting back in position behind the spot where Andrea had been walking.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

I hear the sound like water dripping rapidly on cobblestones comign from the diection we were traveling. I do not know if there is something else lurking, but we should get ready.


Human, NPC

As you travel another 90 feet up the tunnel it comes to the sharp 90 degree angle heading left. There is 20 by 20 foot corner. The sewage trench takes up the the outer perimeter. The remaining portion is widest area you have seen. There is a faint light from the surface coming from the corner of the bend.

Janiven sighs, "This does not look familar everything is a mirror image of where it should be." The is a distant clamor of metal from the direction you came from.

Can everyone a Perception check, please.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Perception:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Perception:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

Perception:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


Evil GM

Shinon, John, and Andrea a short spear propped up, and small loin cloth, in the corner of the widened ledge area.

Shinon and John:

Spoiler:
The two of you see small mucky footprints going down the tunnel in what looks like hurried pace. The muck looks fresh.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

a spear over there, and ugh.. a loincloth. I hope it did not belong to those goblins.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

"There are also tracks, most likely from what ever we heard in the tunnels."
what size creature is the short spear made for?


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Well it's gotta lead somewhere that ain't here. Let's keep going. Stay linked up an soon as we spot an exit outta here we take it.
The dwarf trudes on the continued path.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Andrea follows behind Duncan.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon follows Andrea.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Andrea will also keep the sunrod incover if Duncan believes we should travel in darkness. Hands on shoulders.


Evil GM

The short spear is obviously goblin sized. Sort of looks like a goblin was bathing and was interrupted by the sound coming down the tunnel from your end.

The footprints lead down the tunnel another 90 feet and then it takes a sharp right hand turn. There is a small wooded plank crossing the sewage trench as the walkway continues on the other side of tunnel. The footprints become lighter on the wooden plank.

The plank is 8-12 inches wide and you need to make an acrobatic check, if you walk it. The trench can be jumped too with an acrobatic check.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon walks boldly up to the thin plank and tests its ability to hold him up. Then he slowly makes his way across the plank.

Acrobatics check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

ohhh boy! Here we go with bathing in doo-doo!

1.If Shinon ends up in the sewage, Andrea looks appalled and extends a hand to help him out.
2.If Shinon makes it, Andrea catiously heads across. Acrobatics: 1d20 ⇒ 15


Evil GM

There is a creaking sound as Shinon is walking across the plank, followed by a loud splash as he falls face down into the murky brownish green sewage.

Make a Fortitude SAve DC 12.


Evil GM

Andrea were are you when you are reaching to provide a helping hand to the fallen companion? On the plank or on the walk way leaning over?


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon is male. I really don't see how you think he's female with that stern-looking avatar I gave him, lol.

Shinon groans as he feels his balance sway. He shifts his weight to the left, and then to the right, but he can't seem to steady himself. Sighing, Shinon looks up and mutters, "I'm about to fall into this river of fecal matter, aren't I?"

And with that, he slips and falls deep into the river, forcing himself to the surface as quickly as possible. As soon as he breaks free and takes a deep breath of fresh air, he looks around at the muck and grime he is now swimming in. "Yep. Yeeeeeeeeeep. Disgusting."

Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

On the walkway.


Evil GM

Yep, he fell into shyte but at least he does not have the filth fever. It is one of those the glass is half full sort of moments.

As Shinon stands he is chest high in the murk. Which side of the trench is he trying going to try to climb up on?

DC 10 climb - its slippery shyte, if someone gives a hand you get a bonus 2 but they need to make a Reflex DC 7 to avoid falling in.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon mutters and shakes his head, swimming to the other side. "I appreciate your intentions, Andrea, but I believe it would be best to not risk falling in yourself."

He grabs the side of the destination's shore and tries to pull himself out.

Climb Check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Edit: Oh, for Asmodeus's sake...


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

I have the feeling that more of us are going to end up in the cesspool if we want to cross over.

Well Andrea will no doubt be required to romp amongst the corpses at one point.


Evil GM

I'm crying on this end

Shinon, you need another Fort Save DC 12 as you slide back underneath the murk potentially with your eyes or mouth open.

There is a dead-end on the side that the remaining party members are standing. The tunnel continues on the other side. The choices are to turn back, jump the trench or cross using the plank.

201 to 250 of 25,177 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.