Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


2,051 to 2,100 of 25,159 << first < prev | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | next > last >>

Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Just how does this door open?


Evil GM
Andrea1 wrote:
Just how does this door open?

Nathaniel yells, "Top bolt and bottom bolt need to each be pulled."


Evil GM

The ghoul levels a vicious attack on Swift, who is helpless, biting and trying to rend his flesh from his body. Swift's neck is opened wide as the blood pours forth, clearly dead.

Rolls:
Bite: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 111d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Claw1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 151d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Claw2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 191d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Because there of the helpless condition an additional +4 has to be added to the attack rolls.

Andrea and John you each realize that this is no ordinary monster.

Andrea after watching the attack, I will permit you to make one more knowledge religion check.

Shinon moves to D-1 behind Duncan and yells, "Get the DAMN door open Andrea!"

Hearing the vicious attack Kenswick drops his bow, pulling his longsword and rushes forward into the room. (Hex F2)


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Know-Religon: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

I'm trying Shinon!

Edit: Hold on..

Andrea yanks the bolts and opens the door as her action, pushing out into the area where the others are.


Evil GM

Andrea Only:
You noticed this ghoul is pale and guanty looking, quite charismatic. You've heard learned in your studies that there are some ghouls that even though they are dead they can pass themselves off as alive.

Andrea finally manages to open the door, taking her full action to undo each bolt and then to push the door open. Everyone can now see swift standing there but his head is to one side and his neck has gaping howl and there is huge puddle of blood at his feet.

RD 2 BATTLE MAP

Kenji, John and Duncan are remaining this round.

Duncan can make another Knowledge religion check now that you actually observe the monster.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Relieved to see the door finally open, Duncam movez.to E4 and attempts to chop down the ghoul. 2 handed Blessed Destructive Smite1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 1 = 11
Damage1d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 = 10

Where it's attacks- they Paralyse!


Evil GM

Duncan's mighty two handed chop misses the ghoul and Duncan has a feeling that this is no ordinary ghoul.

Duncan you may ahve missed my edit above but you can make another knowledge religion check now that you see the ghoul.


Male Human(Minkakian) Martial Artist lvl 2 (Int +4) (AC17)

I will move in and if possible I will attempt to move to C4 and get into flank with Duncan.
Acrobatics to move past features:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
And I attack if moving only uses one action:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18 For:1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

If I cannot attack I will still try to position myself flanking with Duncan.
If for some reason I cannot get to C4 at all I will take the long way around if I have too to get to D5 or 6.


Evil GM

Kenji has to take the long way, climbing over the table in the process, to get to the position.

Your Acro roll did not beat his CMD, so I'll let you go the long way.


Evil GM

Shinon will fire his bow at the ghoul. The arrow strikes the ghoul hard.

Bow: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 6 - 2 = 231d8 ⇒ 5
Confirm Crit: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 7 - 2 = 201d8 ⇒ 2

there +1 bonus for Duncan's bless.
The crit failed.


Male Human(Minkakian) Martial Artist lvl 2 (Int +4) (AC17)

Doesn't my acro not beating its CMD mean I simply get hit with a AoO? If that is the case I am willing to accept the risk, Mobility gives me a 21 AC vs AoO provoked by movement.


Evil GM
Kenji Masada wrote:
Doesn't my acro not beating its CMD mean I simply get hit with a AoO? If that is the case I am willing to accept the risk, Mobility gives me a 21 AC vs AoO provoked by movement.

[ooc]I was giving you the benefit of not having an AOO.{/ooc]

Ghoul lashes out with one claw at Kenji.

claw: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 161d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Fort Save DC16 or paralyzed: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Kenji avoids getting hit but misses his own attack.


Evil GM

John pulls maurice back and steps up and attacks wiht his longsword but misses his target.

John Longsword: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 81d8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


Evil GM

RD 2 Recap

Swift -dead
Ghoul - 23 Hp damage to swift killing the helpless victim.
Shinon - moved up to Hex D-1, strikes ghoul for 5 HP damage with arrow.
Kenswick - moved into the coldstorage room, hex G2, dropping bow and pulling longsword.
Andrea - unbolted and opened the door.
Kenji - moved into the room to hex C4.
Duncan - attempted a two handed overhead chop, using smite but misses wide.
John - pulled Maurice backwards, take foot step and swings his longsword but missed. DMPC'd
Maurice - paralyzed

RD 3

Swift - Dead
Ghoul
Shinon
Kenswick
Andrea
Kenji
Duncan
John
Maurice - paralyzed


Evil GM

Everyone can Read:
I will randomly roll who the ghoul attacks: 1 Kenji, 2 John, 3 duncan.
1d3 ⇒ 1 Kenji is attacked.

The Acrobatic Tian man got the ghouls full attention. It's a bloody mess where Kenji was standing.

bite: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 211d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
claw1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 201d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
claw: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 261d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Fort Save DC16 or paralyzed: 1d4 ⇒ 2


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

not that it would matter, but John's attack would have been +8 to hit since he is not using the tower shield.
John will strike again with his longsword.
Attack with power attack1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


Evil GM

Shinon fires his bow again, striking again.

Bow: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 6 - 2 = 241d8 ⇒ 7
Confirm Crit: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 7 - 2 = 201d8 ⇒ 3

Anothere excellent shot but he failed to confirm the crit.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Andrea steps to D-1 an uses 1 use of channel to Turn Undead on the ghoul.

DC save 14


Evil GM

Ghoul: 1d20 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 4 = 14

The ghoul shudders and is effected by the turning energies cast by Andrea. He moves straight back.

I thought you were channelling negative energy?
Duncan still ahs his attack this round but he also has an Aoo. Kenwick has an AoO.


Evil GM

Kenswick hops over the table with his sword in hand and moves in for an hack wiht his sword but misses to the right.

Kenswick Longsword: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 121d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

John's attack misses.

The ghoul does have two arrows in him from Shinon.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18
baldwin the merciful wrote:

[dice=Ghoul]1d20+9+4

The ghoul shudders and is effected by the turning energies cast by Andrea.

I thought you were channelling negative energy?

Well I changed to positive after switching to Calistria. If I am still channeling negative, I use Command Undead and have it hit the floor grovleing.


Evil GM
Andrea1 wrote:
baldwin the merciful wrote:

[dice=Ghoul]1d20+9+4

The ghoul shudders and is effected by the turning energies cast by Andrea.

I thought you were channelling negative energy?

Well I changed to positive after switching to Calistria. If I am still channeling negative, I use Command Undead and have it hit the floor grovleing.

I let you adjust your character's deity so I'll let you decide if you want positive or Negative.


Evil GM

kenswick hacks at the ghoul with his longsword, hitting it. the ghoul is still standing.

Kenswick Longsword AoO: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 261d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

confirm Crit: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 241d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Confirming the critical.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Positive please. Have it start cryuing and present it's back to Duncan, jOhn and others.


Evil GM

It doesn't obey your directives, it flees from you for 1 minute. taking total defense position.

With the total defense it's AC is a 26, and it can't take any attacks. I figure for one minute you will eventually hit it enough to destroy it.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Andrea looks utterly stunned at the carnage, the bloody heap that used to be Kenji makes her blank out some before she gets her breath back.

N..n..Nathaniel... Has there ever been intruders in the morgue before? Have corpses been found eaten here?


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Knowledge: Religion1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

He makes his attack against the Ghoul, (transferring hos Judgement to boost his accuracy)
Two Handed Judgement, Bless, Destructive Smite1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 13
Damage1d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 1 = 13

And makes a follow up at the creature's back as it moves.
Two Handed Judgement, Bless, Destructive Smite1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 23
Damage1d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 1 = 13


Evil GM

"NO! I recently came on to my night shift. I was told by my superviosr they had a delivery of one new body, Augusto Kleimo." Nathaniel pauses to catch his breath, clearly upset. The body was checked in and wheeled into cold storage till arrangements could be made...standard procedure."

"This business is funny, we hear and see some crazy things. I've heard there are ghouls that can pass themselves off as being alive, never seen one though. Not till today!"


Evil GM
Duncan Redhammer wrote:

Knowledge: Religion1d20+5

He makes his attack against the Ghoul, (transferring hos Judgement to boost his accuracy)
Two Handed Judgement, Bless, Destructive Smite1d20+3+1+1
Damage1d8+4+1

And makes a follow up at the creature's back as it moves.
Two Handed Judgement, Bless, Destructive Smite1d20+3+1+1
Damage1d8+4+1

With the ghouls total defense the attacks miss. However, you all ahve 1 minute to pound on it. We can call it destroyed.


Evil GM

Nathaniel looks at Andrea, "What are you going to do with the dottari and Kenji's body?" Hesistant to say what must be said.

Mauriced starts to come around, shaking off the effects of the paralysis. He is wounded and pulls out a potion without unstoppering it. His eyes fixed on his best friend, Swift, slumped on the floor with the massive pool of blood.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Andrea pauses and looks to everyone. F.f.from what I know, those slain by a ghoul's bite will rise as a ghoul at midnight. Andrea casts her bless spell, converting it to healing upon Maurice.

clw: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

We must let the others know of this before we do anything else, but the way to stop them from rising is cremation.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Duncan looks at the remains of the fallen. He speaks the grim truth as usual.

Unless we got access to a priest who can raise the dead back to real livin' this lot 're gonna rise as Ghouls tonight. We gotta chop up the bodies an burn the remains right quick.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18
Duncan Redhammer wrote:

Duncan looks at the remains of the fallen. He speaks the grim truth as usual.

Unless we got access to a priest who can raise the dead back to real livin' this lot 're gonna rise as Ghouls tonight. We gotta chop up the bodies an burn the remains right quick.

Andrea listens to Duncan and a thought flashes through her mind, a thought that probably would never come to be if she had never met these people.

Raising the dead is possible, if we can get Kenji to a priest, but such magic is very expensive. I do work at the counting house, and it may very well be possible to get a loan, at harsh interest rates no doubt, but I think it would be worth taking on for a friend.


Evil GM

Maurice and Kenswick look at Andrea wiht hope, "Two friends have past this day...two friends need help." Their eyes plea for help. Madame Priestess do you know such a person who can help raise these bodies? We don't have much money but our pledge of loyal friendship and we will take side jobs to help by the debt."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

I know of a priest of Calistria who helped cure my affliction. I don't know if he can raise the dead but I can ask. John, do you have any contacts with the church of Asmodeus that might be availeable? Shinon, I believe you mentained that you have met with members of the noble houses, perhaps they would be willing to give aid.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Don't think any nobles be spending that kinda coin on an aquaintence. That calistrian priest is prob'ly best bet.


Evil GM

Maurice turns and says, "Aye, no noble is going to pay for dottari guard but we will be grateful if you can help us with your money monger and priest." His yes are welled up nearly ready to burst.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Andrea nods. I will go to the changers right now to see if I can secure the funds as well as petition Alistar for the proper magic. Andrea turns and hurries out to Alistar's

I have many sins to make up for, perhaps this will be a start. As I have used my body for foul purposes, perhaps using it for a good one will help cleanse me.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

"Unfortunately, I'm am not well connected to the church here."


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

I'll go wit ye, lass. T'meet yer 'new' patron. Mebbe we can work somethin' out. One o you Dottari should come as well, to ply yer offer as enlisted men. The other? Well, shouldn't ye be informin yer commander or sommat. The investigation can wait. With the souls o two men hangin' we need t either get these 2 raised quick like or burned an buried TODAY. Lets be off an hope the Calistrian is in a barginin' mood

There was truth in the dwarfs words, but he also wanted to be.satisfied Andrea wasn't lying.


Evil GM

Andrea leads Maurice and Duncan to the Westcrown Exchange House to meet with Gerald here employer. He is a bit rattled to see the dottari sergeant and the well armed dwarf accompanying his employee, "Andrea are you alright? Is there a problem?" He sits there in his office with his hands on his ledger, fingers in steeple position. On his orderly desk is an ink well and 7 quills, the desk is well lit.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Andrea catches her breath and composes herself before addressing her employer. Whoops I never put in his last name which is how Andrea would usually address him, lets just use Gerald for ease of play

Indeed Gerald there is a very great emergency. This is Maurice a sergeant and Duncan, a friend of mine. We were visiting the morgue to pay our respects to the recently deceased Henri Stoutpour when we discovered that a ghoul had invaded where the bodies were kept. We were able to destroy it but it slew a member of the Dottari and another, a friend of ours.

Andrea paused for breath and continued. In addition to the tragedy of the deaths, the men are in danger of transforming into ghouls because the ghoul bit them. We need to either creamate them or peform divine magic to bring them back to life before midnight. Such magic might be available in Westcrown but it will be very expensive. Sir. May I please apply for a loan for the needed funds? I am well aware of the costs and rates and am willing to take them on. My friends here also wish to petition for such a loan.


Evil GM

Gerald left eyebrow raises, "Is this 'new friend' the reason your job duties have slacked off a bit lately?" an inquisitive look on his face.

He waves off the the question, "What amount of loan are you talking about...those healing magic can be quite costly well over 5 to 10 thousand gold pieces depending on the needs, from my understanding." He looks sceptically at the three of you, noting the fine quality for the dwarf's gear.

"How does a dottari guard intend to pay back such a sum?"

"For that matter Andrea how do you intend to repay the loan, certainly not on what you make working here?"

The material component to raise dead is 5000 diamond, 10,000 for resurrection, that is without the cleric fee.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Knowledge-Religon roll for knowing allthe available services for reviving the dead?

Know Religon: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Drat

Andrea sighs. The person in need was indeed the friend I took time off to aid earlier.

As for repayment, I believe my friends here and several of their aquiantinances will be willing to split the cost for the loan. In addition, I have some special services I can provide, I am an initiate of Calistria and will be willing to provide free curatives or other miracles for all employees of the Exchange House or our clients for however long is needed to payback the loan.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Duncan looks at the woman quizzically. Then to the money lending snake.
I be a smith in the employ o Grumm Sharpest, Famed Weaponscrafter an owner o the Fire an' Ice Forge. Our clients be includin, the Dottari and the Hellknights as regular customers along with Westcrani noble house wit sense t'equip themsevles.wit proper weapons.
I offer t repay yer loan an faith. Name yer terms. An a share o the business ain't an option. It be Grumm's shop not mine. I'm talkin terms o interest and repayment times.


Evil GM

He looks up at Andrea,"Some curing spells come in handy for our collectors but that is a tidy sum you be asking for."

His eyes shift over to the dottari. "It can be good to have a few more friends with the dottari, this must have been a good friend to you."

Maurice nodds his head, "Aye, best friend and he has a wife a three kids. I have little money saved that I can put towards the cost."

The moneymonger nods.

"Besides your trade, I see you carry some fine weapons. Do you intend supplement your trade with those to pay off this loan."

Andrea's employer scribbles his name on two notes then sliding them across the desk. "Because Andrea is a valued employee I will lend you the money, sign the note it's a 12% interest, 10 equal payment over 10 weeks. Since Andrea is valued there is no early repayment fee and I shaved 8 points off the interest rate. Additionally, Andrea I will require you to perform restorative magic until the notes are paid off." Andrea you know that is good price without any collateral.

He looks at each, "Take the next note to the cleric and present it, it will be honored as payment."

He laughs, "So is this why you have missed work? Have you collected any coin or gems that need to be brokered? You could cut me in on that trade."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Andrea signs her name on the note and passes it to Duncan and Maurice.

Thank you sir, my services are at your disposal for repayment. I can perform Orisins and miracles of the first and second tiers Just a little slang for communicating ability. So wound healing and enhancement of physical abilities and restoration of lost health is within my ability.

When Gerald mentains coin and gems. I currently have no coin or gems for brokerage, but there is a very good chance that such items will be coming into my possession in the future, depending on circumstances. I will be more than willing to bring them here first for your inspection.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Edit: Whoops Forgot to add this in.

While healing magic is always available to me, more specific spells will require me to pray at dawn for them so advance notice is needed. If I find myself required to pray for certain miracles, I will inform you as soon as possible.


Evil GM

Maurice signs the note but clearly states, "I am happy to be friends but I will not do anything corrupt or dishonorable."


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging
baldwin the merciful wrote:


The moneymonger nods.

"Besides your trade, I see you carry some fine weapons. Do you intend supplement your trade with those to pay off this loan."

I ain't no sellsword if that what ye be asking. I done some guard work in me life but I be a dwarf o me word. I don't intend on robbing t'pay ye. Ye be getting yer money in armor an weapons or coin as ye choose. IF ye need some legitimate protection work we can talk, but I tell ye I ain't no novice t'combat or magic an spells run offa me skin like water. I ain't cheap.

2,051 to 2,100 of 25,159 << first < prev | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.