Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


151 to 200 of 26,346 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Evil GM

So far, RD 2 Actions:

SB1 swings at Duncan and misses, one of his two dogslicers has the broken condition now.
John taking protective stance.
Andrea -uses Hand of Acolyte and misses.
Kenji - Protecting the rear
Janiven - Shots into melee, misses off the wall
Duncan -
Shinon - Shots into melee, whizzes by goblin but misses off the wall.


Female Human Wizard 1 HP 11/11|AC 11T11/FF10|F2R1W3(5Fear) Per+2 Init+5

Heading off to work so about 3 or so hours before I can check the board again. Andrea will repeat her Hand of Acolyte attack in round 3 on SB1 if not downed by Duncan. Her backup action is to delay once again

Hand of Acolyte: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 201d6 ⇒ 1


Male Human(Minkakian) Martial Artist lvl 2 (Int +4) (AC17)

Heading to work also, Kenji will stay back until the goblin dies or, heaven forbid, he actually drops a party member. I will check in every two hours.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Whoops. Got my alias' mixed up. That is Andrea's action


Male Dwarf Warrior 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Ye bloody Gnat!

2 handed attack1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
2 hand damage1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Duncan angerd that the filthy goblin was presenting a problem does manage an overhead swing (owed to not being over5 ft and a short grip). Hammering down on the Goblin with a splash.


Goblin NPC

"Sqaaaaaaaaak,"squeels the goblin as blood splatters over the wall near the intersection. Rocked back but still up he swings ...


Evil GM

RD 2 Actions Recapped:

Sg1 swings at Duncan and misses, one of his two dogslicers has the broken condition now.
John taking protective stance.
Andrea -uses Hand of Acolyte and misses.
Kenji - Protecting the rear
Janiven - Shots into melee, misses off the wall
Duncan - Swings and contects, casusing 7 pts of damage.
Shinon - Shots into melee, whizzes by goblin but misses off the wall.


Goblin NPC

RD 3:

SG1 drops the broken dogslicer and swings with his remaining one at Duncan,

1d20 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 31d4 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3 - Swinging widely, he hops in the sewage and begins to move back down the intersection getting 25-feet.


Male Dwarf Warrior 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Oh no ye don't

Duncan charges the goblin and swings again, sensing victory.
2 handed charge1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 2 = 17
damage1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

If the water prevents a charge, Duncan will draw and throw a chakram
2 handed charge1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
damage1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Male Human(Minkakian) Martial Artist lvl 2 (Int +4) (AC17)

I golf clap at the stupendous display of prowess by lord Duncan.


Goblin NPC

As the sewer goblins jumps down and begins to flee the dwarf, quick as a gator, brains the bloddy bastard. The goblin is half stuck on Duncan's ax. His dogslicer slips out of his hand and inot the sewage.


Evil GM

The two sewer goblins are dead, what are you doing next? One dogslicer is in the sewage, one has the broken condition from SG1; SG 2 two had two broken dogslicers weapons.

You are at a "T" intersection. Everyone should make a perception check. Describe what your charters are dong with the bodies and at the intersection and which direction will you be travelling?

XP from Goblins:
Everyone receives 120XP


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Is everyone intact? Any healing needed? Andrea curls her lip at the goblins. Will the muck conceal them? I don't want to have to drag them with us. Plus goblin corpses make poor undead servitors I believe we should travel in darkness as Duncan suggested so it is harder for them to follow us.


Evil GM

Andrea's Perception:
Looks like the Goblin #2 has a small coin pouch.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

My goodness! Money! Andrea grabs the pouch, or if it is out of reach, points it out to others.


F Elf Wizard, Air Elemental, Lv 3, Init. 9,, P 5, AC 13 (21), 13T, 10 (18)FF, HP 13/13, F2,R 4 , W3, CMB 1, CMD14

You see a small coint pouch that has slide out from under his tattered leather armor, the pouch is made of stiched burlap cloth.
1st Number is GP
2nd Number is SP
SG2 Coin: 1d12 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 111d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


Male Dwarf Warrior 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

It amazes me how stupid these things are. Keep an eye out. Most gobbos with half a brain attack from ambush with numbers.

Perception1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon lowers his bow and nods quietly. "You were certainly...impressive. Duncan, was it? I admire your skill with a blade."

As Andrea asks the group if they need healing, Shinon finds his eyes drifting towards Janiven. He's not sure why, but of all the group, he's most concerned about her. He surreptitiously checks to see if she's harmed, but tries to make it look like a passing glance.


Bluff check to hide Shinon's actions. If Janiven catches him looking he'll quickly avert his eyes.
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

After the group has finished dealing with the goblins, Shinon proceeds slowly. He has no light source, and so must rely on his ears alone to sense danger. But his elven heritage and days of stalking the city have made him plenty sharp enough.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17


Evil GM

Duncan your keen eye site notices the thick blood pattern that is covering a faint white chalk mark.

Shinon catches a slight glimmer refecting off the ground near the sewer goblin #1.


Male Human(Minkakian) Martial Artist lvl 2 (Int +4) (AC17)

I do my best to follow the group while maintaining a vigil ear for any pursuers. "Dese ugry tings part of city too? Is bad fo shure. Dem Heknights shud be hunting dese instead of us. Better for city an make dem look good too." I continue to follow.


Human, NPC

Shinon is in a defensive poise, no visible wounds.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14 She catches your eyes looking at you. Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

She ssmiles at Shinon and nods at him. Understanding that is taking measure of her.

As a side note, I keep wanting to refer to Shinon as a her. Sorry, if I do that on occassion.


Human, NPC

Janiven touches Kenji's shoulder and whispers,"These sewer rats are relatively harmless to those above ground. They rarely venture above and feed on the filth the landwalkers dispose of. Let us pray we only run into a few of these creatures.


Male Human(Minkakian) Martial Artist lvl 2 (Int +4) (AC17)

I nod at Janiven. "I see. Den we move so not to run into more right? Read on, I keep watch at rear. I follow as soon as Janiven moves on. Keeping my senses open and a hand occasionally touching her back so as not to loose the group in the darkness....that is her back I'm touching right?

Perception:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15 to listen for trouble following us.


Human, NPC

Kenji you do not hear any sound behind you. Check that one for coin," Janiven motions towards the other goblin as she begins to walk.

I assume if you have not lit torches that Duncan is in the lead, and everyone is touching the person in front of them.


Male Dwarf Warrior 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Somethin here y'all should see.

Duncan casts Light on his warhammer and points out the blood.
This ain't from the fight. Yer call Jenevine. I can dismiss me light and we keep going in the dark?


Goblin NPC

Goblin #1 Loot

GP: 1d12 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
SP: 1d40 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
CP: 1d50 + 5 ⇒ (47) + 5 = 52


Male Dwarf Warrior 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging
Shinon wrote:

Shinon lowers his bow and nods quietly. "You were certainly...impressive. Duncan, was it? I admire your skill with a blade."

Dwarf. Born wit axe and hammer in me hand. Casteless or no, never been the rocksmasher didn't learn to swing em. Me bastard swords another case, but I'm learnin fast.


Human, NPC

Janiven shacks her head, I think it is straight. Her voice uncertain as she tries to retrace her steps.


Human, NPC

"We need to move, before they find us. We need distance and to get to the safehouse BEFORE the Nightwalkers roam."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Let us travel with as little light as showing, there might be something else lurking around. If we have some light up front, our bodies can shield it from being seen from the rear.


Evil GM

Assuming the original marching order. Is Andrea carrying the light? That did shed light for the back for the line to see.

After another 120 paces you come to doorway on the left hand side and the tunnel continues straight beyond the door.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea is carrying the light unless there are objections. When the group nears the door, Andrea turns to Janiven. Is this the place? Andrea is ready to douse the light if need be.


Human, NPC

Looking and not seeing any white chalk, sword pointing at the door. "No, could be storeage, bunk areas, or maintenance rooms all made during the construction. All kinds of areas in this place."


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon sees Janiven catch his gaze and she nods and smiles at him. Shinon quickly clears his throat and looks at the ground, at which point he sees a shiny glimmer near the first goblin's corpse. After searching the body and discovering the coin, Shinon steps back in line behind Andrea.

When they reach the new door, Shinon focuses his ears and tries to hear any sounds of threats from behind it.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Even if it is of limited use, Andrea mutters under he rbreath and focuses her magical sight to see if she can sense anything behing the door. Detect Magic cantrip


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

Perception:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

"I think it might be better to just continue on then bother with what is behind this door."


Male Dwarf Warrior 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Duncan casts detect magic and concentrates for 3 rounds.

If'n we're pressed for time lets keep moving.
Andrea must be carrying the torch. Duncan can only have 1 light spell active at a time and it only lasts a minute at this level.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

As Shinon walks, he looks up at the torch-bearer curiously. Of the group, she was the only one who did not strike him as...physically capable. She was clearly using some kind of magic to help her aim her attacks (and poorly, at that), and she did not hold herself like a warrior.

"You mentioned 'healing' earlier," Shinon commented. "Does that mean you are a cleric?"


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea nods. Indeed. I am just an acolyte so my abilities are limited right now. I can heal some minor wounds. We should be sure of the need right now. Plus we have those potions that have been generously donated by Janiven.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon frowned. How to phrase this...he didn't want to offend her, but it was still a legitimate question to ask. "So, then you draw your power from Asmodeus? You're a cleric who worships the Lord of the Nine Hells?"


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19
Shinon wrote:
Shinon frowned. How to phrase this...he didn't want to offend her, but it was still a legitimate question to ask. "So, then you draw your power from Asmodeus? You're a cleric who worships the Lord of the Nine Hells?"

Andrea ahems. I do not, if that eases any of your fears. Such questions are quite pointed though and are best saved for when we are in a less dangerous position.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon winced and shut up. "Yep, touched a nerve with that one. Well, at least now I know she's not an enemy. As long as I take her at her word, but why wouldn't I? She's fighting here just like we are. I won't be able to save this town if I treat these people as my enemies. I'd be crazy to trust any of them, and they're certainly not my friends...but I shouldn't see their blades aiming for my throat in every shadow. Gotta maintain just the right dose of paranoia, Shinon. You can't make this place safe for Roy if you go crazy."


Evil GM

For those who made a Percetion check you do not hear the voices or sounds from the armor that the Hellknights wear. There is a sound of dripping water coming from ahead and the actual sewage in the trench has an occasional ripple.

Shinon:
You do not hear anything from behind the door.

John:
You don't hear anything from behind the door but you do notice what looks like faint claw markings on the door itself, about 2-3 feet off the ground. A few small splinters of wood are on the ground.

Duncan and Andrea neither of you are able to detect any magic assoicated with the door.

As far as a light source and marching order are concerned, unless told otherwise, I am going to assuming the same order and that Andrea is holding the light.

Are you walking by the door or checking what is on the other side?


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

"That's strange, there are claw marks on the door. It looks like something tried to get in."


Evil GM

Suddenly, there is a very loud echoing plop from down the tunnel in the direction that you were heading...just our of sight of dwarf's darkvision (of course) and the shadowy light from the light spell. Sounds as if it was a splash.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

That might be another goblin. I sense nothing from behind the door and if our guides are unsure that it is the safehouse, I think we should continue on. Child, do you know more of these sewers? Andrea directs this question to the boy who cam with them.


Human, NPC

The boy shakes his head back and forth, "I got all turned around in the battle, so I'm lost."

Janiven readies her bow, "Unfortunately, between the goblin blood splattered over the wall and the recent deluge this Spring many of the the markings are wearing away.

Everyone would have known it has been a heavy rainfall year. We are currently in Gozrah (April), approaching the Taxfest holiday the 15th, and it is currently Toilday (Tuesday). For those who track this sort of thing.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

"Maybe there is an opening to the streets on the other side of the door. Since since we seem to have lost our way in the sewers we might have better luck finding the safe house on the surface." Hearing the sound of splashing in the distance, John look to the dwarf whom he realizes he doesn't know the name of "Dwarf, be ready, we might be attacked again."


Evil GM

John are you going to open the door? While the dwarf protects the the front of the line towards the plopping sound? I have Duncan, the boy, Andrea, John, Shinon near the door. Janiven and Kenji trailing in a defensive posture.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

I'm going to wait and see what others say before I do anything.

151 to 200 of 26,346 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.