Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


1,701 to 1,750 of 26,346 << first < prev | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | next > last >>

Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Well. Perhaps..one can go above and attempt to find a wagon or cart to bring here and we can load them under a canvas. My goodness, Gorvio was it? He might be able to borrow something that we can use if Ermolos heads up.


Male NPC, Human Warrior1, Fighter1

Ermolos nods his head in agreement. perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

"I can go up and try to locate a cart and tarp."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea nods. Good, we can keep watch here and make sure to keep our weapons aimed down the corridor. Andrea's eyes wander over the area and she wraps her ragged robe around herself, hiding her face once more as her breath goes ragged.


Evil GM

Ermolos climbs the ladder and peeks out of the grate, he waits a few minutes as passerby's move along. Eventually, he slips out of the grate and shuts it bhind him. His shadow departs.

Shinon's perception check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

Perception1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


Male Human(Minkakian) Martial Artist lvl 2 (Int +4) (AC17)

Perception:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12


Evil GM

John, Shinon and Duncan hear squeaking noises approaching at fast pace.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

"Every one get ready it sounds like a lot of rats are approaching."


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon grits his teeth and strings his bow. "It sounds like more than 'a lot', John. Andrea, I don't suppose you could placate these creatures with a bit of magic?"


Evil GM

Initiative:

Shinon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Duncan: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
John: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Andrea: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14
Kenji: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

rat swarm 1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Rat Swarm 2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Initiative Order:

Rat Swarm 1
Kenji
John
Rat Swarm 2
Duncan
Andrea
Shinon

I need to put a map together but the rights are coming from two directions. Give me your positions you will be in the middle, the ladder up to the surface is nearby.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

I have a spell of fear that only affects one thing at a time. I do have an..ability to use a harmful type of magic but it does not discriminate. I must be away from the group to use it or it will harm everyone. Does anyone have something flammable we can use as a barrier? Oil perhaps, I have some paper we can set alight.

Andrea will be in the middle of the group again.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

How high is the ladder DM?

Duncan looks up the ladder?
Wait t'see what side they comin from. Either jumping across to the other ledhe or in the filth, Rats won't try swimmin t'get ye

He readies an action to leap to the other ledge.


Evil GM

The iron rung ladder is 20 feet and is located on the ledge side of the tunnel.


Evil GM

Initiative Order:

Rat Swarm 1
Kenji
John
Rat Swarm 2
Duncan
Andrea
Shinon

Here is the rat encounter map for everyone. there are two swarms currently. I was able to make this a larger scale since it is in a smaller overall area. The swarms are in hexes F1 and F8. The ladder is in hex F4 - I did not have ladder token so I used a simple door token to show rungs going up 20. The ledge 4 foot wide here and the trench is 3 foot wide. There is small one foot wide ledge on the other side of the trench. I am assuming the dead body and unconscious bandit are in hex F4 getting be moved to the surface.

RAT ATTACK RD1

EDIT: Each swarm occupies a 10 Foot area, I will adjust this on the next map.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Knowledge (Dungeoneering). Does Shinon know anything about swarms? 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


Evil GM
Shinon wrote:
Knowledge (Dungeoneering). Does Shinon know anything about swarms? 1d20+6

Shinon's Swarm Knowledge:
Swarms have no front or back so they can not be critical hit, there are hundreds or thousands of small creautres that act as one. They occupy a 10 ft space.

There is something about individual spells that you have heard. Not sure exactly though.

They don't make a standard attack, they hit automatically with any creature it occupies a square with at the end of their move. They can occupy an enemies square. They carry disease.


Evil GM

The first swarm closes in on John, not quite getting into his area but very close. Hundreds of little teeth, feverishly hungary. It looks like a wall of fury creatures, the side of the tunnel is covered the rats, they seem to be running on the ceiling too.

kenji and John are up next before the second swarm attacks.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Sob. SOb. Please not again..Heh..Ha..


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

Knowledge dungeoneering:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25


Male Human(Minkakian) Martial Artist lvl 2 (Int +4) (AC17)

"Can do noting gainst such a number of small foes. To stay is dangerous. We shud reave now. I get da prisoner."
I attempt to move past shinnon and Andrea.
Acrobatics:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Acrobatics:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Once I am past the others I pick up the body of the unconscious thug.

On my next turn I will climb out of the sewer with the bandit.


Evil GM
John Deos wrote:
Knowledge dungeoneering:1d20+5

John's Swarm Knowledge:

Swarms have no front or back so they can not be critical hit, there are hundreds or thousands of small creatures that act as one. They occupy a 10 ft space.

There is something about individual spells that you have heard. Not sure exactly though.

They don't make a standard attack, they hit automatically with any creature it occupies a square with at the end of their move. They can occupy an enemies square. They carry disease.


Evil GM

Kenji's fast a graceful movement slips him by the others as he bends down to pick up the unconscious thug. The rats push on, swarming the ledge, the walls and the ceiling of the tunnel. The escape route is twenty feet up.

Kenji next round a strength check and a climb check will be necessary to work your way up the ladder. Everyone remember its 1/4 your speed to climb. (CRB 90) You generally need tow hands to climb, so carrying a person up the ladder will add to the difficulty. Plus you have biting rats.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

John wil pull out his MW longsword and taking it in two hands willattack the swarm infront of him.
Attack with Power attack1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12


Evil GM

John's swing is a bit wild and the second swarm moves up near Shinon, sharp little teeth gnawing eagerly. Swarm 2 is in hex F7.

Duncan, Andrea and Shinon are remaining this round. I will post an updated map with the round recap.

John and Shinon:
With John's wild swing of his sword the two of you realize that slashing and piercing weapons are less effective against tiny creatures that make up a swarm. Bludgeoning and fire or splash weapons.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Leave the corpse! The bandit is more valuable!

Andrea will assist Kenji in climbing with the bandit. (Pushing up behind him, etc.)
aid: 1d20 ⇒ 2


Evil GM
Andrea1 wrote:

Leave the corpse! The bandit is more valuable!

Andrea will assist Kenji in climbing with the bandit. (Pushing up behind him, etc.)

right now Kenji is picking up the bandit, are you pushing past him and climbing or are you going to follow him up the ladder? Everyone climbing the ladder needs to make a climb check, it is 1/4 movement, if a hand is given to pull or push the bandit/corpse up the ladder you can assist with a strength check but the DC climb will increase. One person can assist from above (pulling) and one from below (pushing).


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon jumps back from the swarm and slams one fist into the wall of the sewer angrily. "Damnit! We were so close! John, Kenji is right. We must retreat!"

Shinon sheathes his bow and makes his way up the ladder.

Climb check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Go Everbody, I'm up last. Go.

Duncan moves to the edge of the swarm on his side and starts smashing rats with his warhammer.
2 hand Attack1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Damage1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Evil GM

Shinon make an acrobatics check...the space at the ladder is gettign really tight with bodies and you are squeezing on a small ledge.


Evil GM

In order to move to the edge of the swarm Duncan you need to actually go through John's the friendly square. That will place you in the swarm's hex. This will provoke an AoO. Tight spaces can be challenging.


Evil GM

The rats are scurrying towards you, climbing the walls, swimming and advancing relentlessly.

Here is the current map. I need to adjust it once shinon posts his Acro roll and a decision on Duncan's part.

Rats beginning of Rd2


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Ok. Bring it!


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19
baldwin the merciful wrote:
Andrea1 wrote:

Leave the corpse! The bandit is more valuable!

Andrea will assist Kenji in climbing with the bandit. (Pushing up behind him, etc.)

right now Kenji is picking up the bandit, are you pushing past him and climbing or are you going to follow him up the ladder? Everyone climbing the ladder needs to make a climb check, it is 1/4 movement, if a hand is given to pull or push the bandit/corpse up the ladder you can assist with a strength check but the DC climb will increase. One person can assist from above (pulling) and one from below (pushing).

I was planning on following him up.


Evil GM

Duncan moves into the swarm area and rages with his warhammer smashing the ciritters.. I forgot swarms do not get AoO.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19


Evil GM

Here is the revised map given Duncan's move. Duncan is actually in the swarm at Hex F1 but I put in at E1 so he can be seen on the map.

Revised RAT RD2 map


Evil GM
Shinon wrote:
Acrobatics: 1d20+3

Shinon is actually in E4, which is 5 feet up on the ladder, he made it through the two friedly squares (10ft) then moved 1/4 of his remaining speed (5ft)


Evil GM

Rd1 Recap:

Rat Swarm 1 - moved up near John in Hex F1
Kenji - moved to the ladder and is picking up the bandit.
John - swung MW longsword at rats in F! but missed
Rat Swarm 2 - moved to Hex 7
Duncan - moved into Rat swarm 1, Hex F1, and hit wiht his warhammer, 6HP.
Andrea - going to lend a hand with the bandit going up behind Kenji. Her strenght failed her.
Shinon- pushed past his two comrades, Andrea and Kenji and is climbing the ladder, he is 5 ft up.

Initiative Order:

Rat Swarm 1 -
Kenji
John
Rat Swarm 2
Duncan
Andrea
Shinon

RATS Rd2 with everyone positioned


Evil GM

The first swarm moves up 5 feet to encompass both Duncan and John in the swarm, tiny little bits everyhere. The attack is on Duncan as the vicious little mouths bite and gnaw at the fleshy dwarf. Tasty raw meat.

Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Ducan make a fort save vs disease.

John make an AoO since the Rats moved into your hex, even though it was only a 5 ft move you get the AoO


Diety, NPC

"My young priestess, isn't this just lovely. All my little friends saying hello to you and your worthless companions. Warms my diseased haert to see all those scurrying little hungary feet...my pets." the strong voice echoes in Andrea's head. Although the voice does not bring any uneasy queasy feelings to the priestess.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea grips her head, sweat running down her face again. Grabbing onto the body Kenji is carrying, she frantically keeps pushing.

Aid another to help Kenji get up

aid another: 1d20 ⇒ 6


Male Human(Minkakian) Martial Artist lvl 2 (Int +4) (AC17)

I believe Duncan manacled the bandit. If he did I will use the manacles and arms like a sling, wearing him like a back pack so I can use both hands to climb the ladder.
Str check:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Climb:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 apply encumbrance penalties please.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

"By the time we get everyone up that ladder Shinon, we will all be bitten and sick. Me and Duncan will stay here and hold them off while you get out."
AoO with power attack1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
John will choose to fail his check to hold unto his weapon.

John will then pull out his heavy mace and taking it in two hands will help Duncan with the swarm.
Attack with power attack1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Damage1d8 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Fort1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Duncan grits his teeth against the bites and fights off the taint of disease


Evil GM
Kenji Masada wrote:

I believe Duncan manacled the bandit. If he did I will use the manacles and arms like a sling, wearing him like a back pack so I can use both hands to climb the ladder.

Str check:1d20+1
Climb:1d20+5 apply encumbrance penalties please.

I think Andrea mentioned John may have manacles but I don't think anyone did anything with manacles. Regardless, wrapping manacled hands around your neck would cause some strain at the least on your neck.

Kenji the bandit is ackward to lift and carry, Andrea's feeble attempts to assist almost seems as if she is trying to get feel of the maritial artist's body rather than push the bandit upward. Kenji you actually manage to straighten yourself up but are unable to make any progress as your foot slipped up the first step.


Evil GM

John's vicious attack crushed the rats near him and Duncan. As swarm one stops moving.

There is a loud scurrying sound coming down the tunnel in the direction that John and Duncan are guarding.


Evil GM

Rat swarm two moves between Andrea and Kenji, covering there feet and bodies. Andrea and Kenji each get an AoO The swarm attacks Andrea with there little bites, ripping and tearing at her flesh, crawling under her robs and inner thighs.

1d6 ⇒ 5

Andrea make a fort Save vs disease...I'm not sure offhand if your diety provides any resistance to disease you can check on that.


Evil GM

Rd 2 Recap:
Initiative Order:

Rat Swarm 1 - Moved up 5 feet and cover Duncan an John. Bit Duncan for 1 HP, Duncan made the save. Swarm 1 crushed with John's attack.
Kenji - lifted the bandit but could not make any progress with the ladder.
John - Levied a devastating blow on swarm 1. Hears more movement coming towards him and Duncan.
Rat Swarm 2 - moved up into Kenji and Andrea's area. Bit Andrea for 5 Hp damage, she has a fort save to make.
Duncan - made his fort save. Still has his action in Rd 2
Andrea - Tried to help Kenji up the ladder. Still ahsa standard action.
Shinon

Actions remaining: Kenji and Andrea each have an AoO against Rat swarm 2. Andrea has a fort save to roll and still has a standard action. Duncan has an action, Shinon has his action.

Swarm 3 initiative roll: swarm 3: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Initiative Rd 3

Rat Swarm 1 - dead.
Rat Swarm 3-
Kenji
John
Rat Swarm 2
Duncan
Andrea
Shinon


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

fort save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

AUGHH!! AUGHHH! AUGGHH!! Andrea snaps and flails at the rats.

AoO: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
1d6 ⇒ 5

HELPPP! Andrea staggers back five feat and slashes about her.

Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

*************************
At this point, there will be nothing left for me.

Just doing a little tenderizing.


Evil GM

Andrea's slash hits the mass of squirmy litter vermin but doesn't do much damage to them, there is little blood and guts but not as much as she hoped for. "Chomp chomp chomp, gnaw, gnaw, munch munch munch," the coarse little critters devour.

1,701 to 1,750 of 26,346 << first < prev | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.