Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


1,501 to 1,550 of 26,346 << first < prev | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | next > last >>

Male NPC, Human Warrior1, Fighter1

Ermolos looks distressed with the decision, "What if something else feasts on it while we are gone our proof would be gone too."


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon frowns. "Hmmm...that's a good point. What do you think, Andrea?"


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea presses her lips together, seemingly getting agitated with the delays. Very well, we can haul it up on the ledge near the ladder for when we return and wrap it in a blanket. We shouldn't take it out of the sewer just yet since a rotting corpse will draw attention due to the flies and smell.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon nods and turns to Ermolos. "Shall we?" He walks over to the corpse and readies himself to grab the left side of the body when Ermolos grabs the right side, then haul it up onto the ledge as Andrea suggested.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea puts down the blanket from her backpack, figuring that she might as well use it since they weren't going to camp outside in any event.


Male Human(Minkakian) Martial Artist lvl 2 (Int +4) (AC17)

I move forward to help with the body. I aid them in pulling it out of the trench.

Acrobatics if needed:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea wraps the corpse up and helps move it near the ladder. Snff...Ok. Let us get this buisness with the Red Knives doen so we can all get a bath. Do we still want to kill them all or take a captive?


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon frowns and looks down at his wrists, massaging one of them before drawing his bow and holding it ready. "We need to keep Henk alive. Just long enough for me to question him about Jospuph. Once we have the information we need, well..."

Shinon's eyes drift towards Duncan. "I know better than anyone not to stand between a hunter and his prey," he finishes darkly. "What these men are doing is unacceptable. If we choose not to kill them, I say we at least disarm them, bind them, and drag them to the dottari to be held and tried. But that's just my opinion."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Somehow I believe they will be swiftly murdered in jail by the noble Henk was talking to at the tavern. Even if Henk does not talk, that noble knows it is only a matter of time and will have him slain.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

I ain't one fer chances. If they were to sommhow escape, the blood is on us. They'll be stopped here. Anybody that gets by torturin' and murder gets retribution


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Unless Kenji and John say otherwise, it seems that the choice is clear. I have no care for their lives except for what they can tell us.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

"I believe that they will pay for what they have done. I will not hold back against them."


Male Human(Minkakian) Martial Artist lvl 2 (Int +4) (AC17)

I cross my arms. "I fine with eider outcome so rong as dey neber again hurt anoder innocent. If dis means dey die, den so be it. Dat way is more garenteed anyway." I look around at the others. "We take body up when we finish here. Ret's mob on to see dis Henk an put end to his cruety." I am ready to move.


Evil GM

So Ermolos, Shinon and kenji dragged the body up to the sewer entracance area. wrapping it in blanket. After placing the body near the opening, the group decided to continue on in search from Henk and the Red Knives.

Resuming the normal walking order: Duncan, John, Andrea, Shinon, Ermolos and Kenji. When you get back to the area where the body had cuased the dam, you can see that the water had receded.

You come to a "T" juncture, which way are you heading left or right.

Anyone with Dungeoneering can make a Knowledge check to determine if they recall the juncture point.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Knowledge:Dungeoneering1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


Evil GM

Duncan's darkvison and recollection of the sewer's twists and turns fail him. Scratching his head throughly confused at which direction to travel.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Knowledge (Dungeoneering): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22


Evil GM

Shinon is fairly confident that they should make a left. After a another 100 feet there is a three way junture, left, right or straight ahead. A knowledge Dungeoneering roll. You can see there are multiple corner marking in chalk leading in two direction, straight ahead and right. The are no chalk marking leading to the left.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

Knowledge Dungeoneering:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22


Evil GM

John you are fairly certain that you did not see any chalk markings at this intersection in the direction you were coming from.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

"I believe we want to go that way"John says as he points to the unmarked path.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Perhaps Shinon should take the lead so he can quietly scout. Duncan's armor is a bit loud.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

"I can't see in the dark," Shinon replies, but takes out a torch anyway and starts to stealthily sneak in the direction that John pointed out.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28


Evil GM
Shinon wrote:

"I can't see in the dark," Shinon replies, but takes out a torch anyway and starts to stealthily sneak in the direction that John pointed out.

Perception: 1d20+8
Stealth: 1d20+11

Do you have the torch lit? the light in the pitched black tunnel makes stealth difficult. Very similar to a train light coming through a tunnel you just know something attached to the light.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

I be quieter than ye, girl. An yer ears wouldn't be savin ye if we met in the dark.would they. I'm out front an if I see any light come up, I'll let Trigger leapfrog me. Happy?


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Very well.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

"At least it's better than 'Elf'," Shinon mutters loudly. "Now hush up, Duncan. Your feet may be light, but we need someone with sharp eyes and ears, not stealth. Sneaking up on the bastards won't mean anything if you don't notice you've snuck up on them until you're thirty feet away. I'll take point. You can follow right behind me."

Yes. The torch is lit. The Stealth check is sound-based only, Shinon will not have any form of concealment.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea follows behind John silently.


Male Human(Minkakian) Martial Artist lvl 2 (Int +4) (AC17)

I follow the rest from the rear.


Evil GM

Shinon, Ermolos and Kenji notice that the front of the line reeks from the sewage, the scent carries.

Shinon and Duncan can make dungeoneering checks since they are leading the way.


Evil GM

For Kenji and Ermolos only.

Kenji only:
make a sound based perception check.
Ermolos: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20 - Ermolos signals to you that he hears something behind the group. Fingers moving to signal foot steps.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging
Shinon wrote:

"At least it's better than 'Elf'," Shinon mutters loudly. "Now hush up, Duncan. Your feet may be light, but we need someone with sharp eyes and ears, not stealth. Sneaking up on the bastards won't mean anything if you don't notice you've snuck up on them until you're thirty feet away. I'll take point. You can follow right behind me."

Yes. The torch is lit. The Stealth check is sound-based only, Shinon will not have any form of concealment.

Dungeoneering1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Duncan smiles at Shinon, Very well, Sir. And when ye see emfrom afar, ye'll have plenty o time to trying get a shot off afore they die user me hammer. Lead on, Eagleyes.


Male Human(Minkakian) Martial Artist lvl 2 (Int +4) (AC17)

I try and sharpen my hearing but at the moment the noises of running water are proving to be a bit too distracting.

Perception:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10


Evil GM

Eagleyes needs to make a perception check actually. Duncan how far behind are you? Shinon how far infrom of the light source are you....Andrea had a sunrod out.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Know (Dungeoneering) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20


Evil GM

Kenji, Ermolos pulls his axe off his back nd tightens up. As he walks wiht the others but a bit slower now.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

so I guess Andrea is in the middle of the group with the sunrod. Assume 5' space between everyone?


Male NPC, Human Warrior1, Fighter1
Andrea1 wrote:
so I guess Andrea is in the middle of the group with the sunrod. Assume 5' space between everyone?

Ermolos is 10 feet behind you Andrea. You can make perception check too Andrea.


Male Human(Minkakian) Martial Artist lvl 2 (Int +4) (AC17)

I look at Ermolos. "Whats up? You hear somsing?"


Male NPC, Human Warrior1, Fighter1

"foorsteps and a voice behind you...no light though."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

So many needed skills, so little skill points


Evil GM

Andrea you notice the gap widened from 5 ft to 10ft between you and Ermolos, he seems to have slowed up and he is looking backwards whispering something to Kenji. His axe is in hand.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea taps John's shoulder. Hold up, get Duncan and Shinon to slow, there is something up with Ermolos.


Male Human(Minkakian) Martial Artist lvl 2 (Int +4) (AC17)

I turn to point my hooded lantern behind me. I look around.
Perception:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15


Evil GM

Shinon and Duncan need to advise how far in front of Andrea and the light source they are now. I know Shinon lit a torch and is leading the way. Where is he in relationship to Andrea? Duncan how far behind Shinon are you walking?

Duncan in addition to how far behind Shinon you are standing make another perception check.


Evil GM

Shinon you are see a glow of light coming from the left tunnel that is roughly 50 feet in front of you.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon stops walking and puts his hand up. "Quick! Everyone hide, someone's coming!" he whispers to the group, before quickly dousing his torch and falling back next to Andrea.

And now I'm off to work. Back in 6 hours.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea hides her Sunrod. (whispering) It is going to be very hard to hide here, Shinon.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Duncan fell all the way back to Andrea so Eagleyes could sneakily carry his torch that screams 'Look at me, I am the onlybright light in a pitch black tunnel! ;)

Duncan honestly didn't mind the lads initiative but he needed to learn how to operate in a world of darkness. Like get the Big Tough Armored Warrior to be the Light Holder, while the quiet, perceptive types scout ahead using superior vision to see without being seen.
He was going to let the elf learn the hard way...

Perception1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Duncan crouches near Andrea Keep it completely covered for the moment.


Evil GM

DM only:
Stealth v Kenji: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Stealth v Ermolos: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Caltrops v Shinon: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9
Axe Trap v Shinon: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 251d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Ermolos is fairly positive that he saw shadow across the tunnel in a nook roughly 45 feet back in the dim shadow cast from Kenji's hooded lattern.

Kenji shakes his head back and forth and shrugs...clearly frustrated that he can not make out what has Ermolos's attention.

Meanwhile at the front of the line, Shinon walks into an area and suddenly feels something against his foot then a click. Looking down Shinon sees the caltrops field he is safely standing in but fails to recongnize the click of the axe trap. The axe buries deeply in Shinon's mid-thigh from the ledge side wall of the tunnel. 9 points of damage.

1,501 to 1,550 of 26,346 << first < prev | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.