Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


101 to 150 of 26,346 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human(Minkakian) Martial Artist lvl 2 (Int +4) (AC17)

I said where I'm at.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea will follow behind Duncan since he said he would be ahead of me.


Human, NPC

Answering Kenji's question, "It's a s..s..safe house, it should be ok," pausing, "unless they are torturing Arael and he breaks. It's 'bout an 40 minutes through the sewers."

There are slopes and bends in the man-made tunnel. So far, you have been on the left side of the waste water trench.


Evil GM

Marching Order, so far- The boy, Monosino with the lattern, Duncan, Andrea, insert character, insert character, Janiven, and Kenji.

Lighting conditions if only the common lattern is lit. Normal light for 15-ft radius and increasing the the light level by one step for each 15-ft beyond. (CRB 156, and 172)


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

John will be right in front of Janiven


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

I think Duncan turned me into a lightbulb. I might just have to run around in my undies soon.


Evil GM

Duncan's a dwarf he has 60ft darkvision. That is why he mentioned being in front.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Duncan takes his place 20ft in front of the boy. He couldn't abide risking.the youth out front, so he stays just in the radius of light so the lad can see him and point left/right stop as required. But enough so his darkvision extends past the light.
He keeps an eye out.

Perception1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Fort save1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23+5 if it counts as poison

Even being 'normal size' amongst all these 'tallee's' the height of the roof would be an issue for any overhand slashes AND the water around his arms. He switches to his Warhammer, which allowed a much shorter swing. He keeps it.in hand ready. Eventually his light spell expires, leaving just the torchlight. That was fine.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Fortitude Save:
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Shinon will draw his bow and move directly behind Andrea.

Shinon fought against the growing disgust in his stomach as he moved forward through the stench and the muck. He drew his bow and knocked an arrow, grateful for the light provided by the dwarf, who was apparently magical. A useful companion to have.

"Okay, I shall watch carefully and alert you all if I spot any followers."

As Shinon is walking, he will make a passive Perception check, searching for signs of movement or hostility with both his eyes and ears:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Shinon readies an action to fire an arrow at any creature who attempts to attack a party member.

Attack Roll: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Damage Roll: 1d8 ⇒ 2
+1 to attack and damage if the creature is within 30 feet. -4 to attack if the creature is within 5' of an ally of Shinon's.


Evil GM

The boy whispers to you, "to look for the sword drawn on the walls at the intersections. The sword tip always points in the direction of travel.Tthey are about shin high." You approach the first intersecion with is a "T" roughly 60 feet from where you start. "Left," comes the whisper.


Evil GM

Marching Order - Duncan with a 20 space to The boy,( Monosino with the lattern), Andrea, Shinon, John, Janiven, and Kenji. Unless told assume you are close to the next one in line due to the darkness. Duncan Excluded.

Everyone make a perception check, sound if you have an enhancement.
Duncan make two, sound and sight, as you look for the marking n the worked wall.


Evil GM

Shinon's results of initial Perception checks:

Shinon's Perception:
You hear the dripping of water and notice a ripple in the sewage trench between the dwarf and the boy.

Duncan's Perception:
All is clear to your keen eyes and ears.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon points his bow at the ripple and his eyes narrow. He focuses all of his attention on that spot and moves closer, attempting to discover the cause of the disturbance.

Focused Perception check. I don't know if I'd get some kind of circumstance bonus, or what. Anyway, 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23


Evil GM

Shinon's perception:
Seems like the ripple is moving past you and towards the end of the line.


Evil GM

The boy's lantern begins to flicker...the flame weakens...


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

Perception1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


Evil GM

John's Perception:
You definately heard the doorway entering the Tavern come crashing down. The clink of armor, metal and heavy boots is no more than 90 ft in the rear.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon waits until the ripple moves close to him, and then plunges one hand down into the water, attempting to grab what, if anything, is inside the water.


Male Human(Minkakian) Martial Artist lvl 2 (Int +4) (AC17)

Perception:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
I follow behind Janiven watching our rear as we continue down the tunnel. I keep myself alert for any pursuers.


Evil GM

Looks like most the folks are on. Think we are missing Andrea.

Kenji's Perception:
You hear the door cracking behind you about 90 ft.


Human, NPC

The boy rushes up to Duncan and moves him to the left. "The next intersection is left too, then a right but that I'll I remember though...look for the swords."

Janiven pushes a bit on Joe, "hurry...they mustn't see the light...it's a beacon." Grabbing Kenji hand and pulling him along. quickening her pace.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

"We should move a little faster, they are getting closer"


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Link hands and douse torches. I'll lead us in the dark.

Duncan moves off as everyone links up. He can see fine and marks the sword points as he goes.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19
baldwin the merciful wrote:

Marching Order - Duncan with a 20 space to The boy,( Monosino with the lattern), Andrea, Shinon, John, Janiven, and Kenji. Unless told assume you are close to the next one in line due to the darkness. Duncan Excluded.

Everyone make a perception check, sound if you have an enhancement.
Duncan make two, sound and sight, as you look for the marking n the worked wall.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 Andrea looks around warily even though she isn't in the best position to see threats. he makes sure her sickle in in hand.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea reliezes that her robes are still glowing brightly. This is not good. Andrea hurridly shucks her robes leaving her only in her shift and stuffs the robes into herbackpack and closes it tightly.


Evil GM

At the first intersection the group make sht left and double speeds at the boys instance...basically, 40 feet with Duncan's shorter steps.

As you get down to the next area and make the next left hand turn... the sound of of the Hellknight fades.

Initiative

Duncan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Shinon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Andrea: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15
Joe: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Kenji: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Janiven: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
sewer goblin1: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Sewer Gobline2: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Init. Order:

Sewer Goblin 1
Joe
Andrea
Kenji
Javiven
Duncan
Shinon
Sewr Goblin 2


Goblin NPC

There is Sewer Goblin at the front of the line that pops out of a small Alcove in front of the Duncan. A second one emerges from the sewage behind kenji. Both are carrying 2 dogslicers and wearing tattered scraps of leather armor.

Sewer Goblin once swings at Duncan who is flat flooted.
SG1: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (16) - 2 = 141d6 - 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 = 2
SG1: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (13) - 2 = 111d6 - 2 ⇒ (6) - 2 = 4


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon swears. "We're under attack!" he calls, readying himself for battle.

Dunno how this is going to work. You said "Post out of order, and post two different sets of actions", but I don't know who is going to be where when it's my turn, so I think I'll just hold for a second and see how everyone else handles this.


Male Human(Minkakian) Martial Artist lvl 2 (Int +4) (AC17)

How close is the one behind me and what kind of lighting are we dealing with?


Evil GM

It seems like everyone is on line right now. In the future, I would ask that everyone psot two actions their # 1 Action and their second choice #2. Just incase, #1 is not available. Welcome to our first combat!


Evil GM

He is climbing up 10 feet behind you out of the sewage. Light is non-existent as the boy's lattern just burned itself out. I just read that Andrea did a striptease and put her cloak in her back pack. so its dark. you would have caught a shadow movement as she was shoving her cloak in the pack.

Sewer Goblin (SG)1 is in front of Ducan
SG 2 is prone and 10 feet behind Kenji
Everyone is on a 5 foot ledge.

Basically, there is clash of metal agaisnt Duncan, who is 20 feet ahead of the boy, then everyone else is 5 foot there after.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea grips her sickle in trepidition. Combat. My first ever. she moves a bit behind Duncan, making sure not to get in the way of his swings. She readies a small healing spell in case Duncan is seriously injured.
1.Andrea suddenly shakes her head, her panic getting the better of her for a second and opens her pack, letting the glowing light spill out.
2. [ooc] Ready to cast CLW if Duncan takes a heavy hit from the goblin


Goblin NPC

Lots of chittering coming from the goblin in front by Duncan. "hiatbem ismfjshl, dwarf jsunlagb mama ksubalal," Squeaks the creature.


Male Human(Minkakian) Martial Artist lvl 2 (Int +4) (AC17)

I step into a fighting stance but ready my volley of fists if the creature moves in reach.
"Enemies! I protect here!"


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon curses the lack of light and backs up slowly, feeling alarm as his back brushes against a figure. He spins around and points a sharp-tipped arrow right into the face of the creature, before he realizes that it must be Andrea. Taking a deep breath, Shinon lowers his bow and turns back towards the rear of the party. He hears Andrea's footsteps as she moves towards the front and gulps. He's all alone in the darkness now.

Action #1- Shinon will attack the goblin in the back. As Shinon cannot see, he will choose a random square based on a sound-based Perception check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Shinon's Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Shinon's Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
(The above figures take into account the Point Blank Shot feat)

Miss Chance due to Darkness: (0-20 is a miss) 1d100 ⇒ 14

Action #2- Shinon will take the total defense action and increase his AC by 4, attempting to protect himself from harm.


Evil GM

There is glow of light again in the tunnel as Andrea opens her backpack, the goblins are visible to everyone's sight. SG#1 and 2 are in Shadowy light, 20% miss chance. Shinon and Duncan see clear, no miss due to shadows.

Everyone should post their two action options out for Rd1.


Male Human(Minkakian) Martial Artist lvl 2 (Int +4) (AC17)

My first action is a readied Furry of Blows if the goblin moves in reach.
Attack:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19 For:1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Attack 2:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13 For:1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

May second action will be, if someone engages the goblin behind us, I will move around behind it into flank and attack.
Acrobatics:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Attack:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 For:1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Duncan, worring about the boys safety, attacks his goblin with a Two Handed Swing coming in from.the side, just above the waterline.

2 handed Attack1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
2 hand damage1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Should he be unable to attack the goblin. He'll 5ft step to a non-threatend area and cast Bless.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

John will ready an action for if a goblin gets near enough he will try to punch it.


Human, NPC

Janiven will notch an arrow and shoot at SG#2:

Bow: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 221d8 ⇒ 6 and the arrow pierces the little chittering beast's tattered leather.


Evil GM

RD1 Recap:

SG 1 - swung at Duncan who was flat footed but missed with a 14.
John - readying action if goblin gets within range
Andrea - opened her backpack to create light, readied a healing spell.
Kenji- Held action until SG 2 was in range. Flurry of blows the first one hits SG2's, for 7 pts of damage.
Janiven - Shot at SG2, hit with a 22, for 6 pts of damage
Duncan - Swung at SG1, misses over SG1's head
Shinon - Shoots at SG2 and hits with a 23, for 8 pts of Damage.
SG2, took and arrow from Janiven, Shinon and furry of blows from Kenji as the goblin moved into reach. He is down.

SG2 is still down.

Init Order is the same (sort of difficult to reroll Init each round)

SG1
JOHN
Andrea
Kenji
Janiven
Duncan
Shinon

EDIT: Kenji note that your character DID NOT take damage from the SG2. (As I originally posted.) I was looking at your damage score not the TO HIT dice, so I thought your character missed his attack. Since he did not miss his attack, SG2 took enough damage as he closed in to die from two arrows and the pummeling.


Goblin NPC

RD 2:

The quick little sewer goblin in front of Duncan swings both of his dogslicers, at the meaty target, as he dreams of Dwarf roast:

SG1: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -11d4 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1 Dogslicer 1 obtains the broken condition
SG1: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (11) - 2 = 91d4 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 1


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea holds steady, but looks for any opening for her to act. Perhaps now!

1.Use Hand of Acolyte to attack SG1 with sickle(Allows a 30 ft ranged attack with weapon in hand that then returns to hand)
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 91d6 ⇒ 1
2. Andrea stays where she is and doesn't act


Evil GM

@Andrea, Duncan has not taken damage, so far.


Male Human(Minkakian) Martial Artist lvl 2 (Int +4) (AC17)

I chill this round. I trust the others will demolish a single goblin without my help. I keep an eye on our backs.


Evil GM

Kenji make a Perception:
Perception


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon draws an arrow and fires it, aiming directly between the remaining goblin's eyes.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Male Human(Minkakian) Martial Artist lvl 2 (Int +4) (AC17)

Perception:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21


Evil GM

Kenji's Perception:
You are certain that you do no hear or see anyone coming up from the rear


Human, NPC

Shots into melee at SG1,

Bow: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 7 - 4 = 61d8 ⇒ 6 misses wide, as the arrow pings off the tunnel wall.

101 to 150 of 26,346 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.