Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


1,351 to 1,400 of 25,175 << first < prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | next > last >>

Evil GM

John's knowledge roll:

John Only:
The creature is from the plane of shadows probably an aberration. There could be some light aversions, shadow hopping for movement, and blending abilities for defensive pursposes and for sneaking around. As for identification of the creature kneji fought perhaps someone with aberration training would hve an idea.


Female NPC, Halfling

Fiosa grabs another cup of coffee, wishes everyone well and heads out for the safehouse. "I have an errand to run this morning," she chimes in. Somewhat red faced.


Female NPC, Halfling
Fiosa Sweettooth, wrote:
Fiosa grabs another cup of coffee, wishes everyone well and heads out for the safehouse. "I have an errand to run this morning," she chimes in. Somewhat red faced.

There is typo in above action. It should be "heads out of the safehouse." Fiosa was already in the safehouse.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging
Shinon wrote:

Perception check against the cloak:

1d20+8

"I'm not related no..." Shinon admits, backing away politely. He looks at Duncan and then steps into an alley and beckons the dwarf to follow him. He whispers, "Alright, this is getting worse and worse by the day. We have to go end the Red Knives today. I don't know for sure that it was them responsible for this attack, but I'm certainly not content to take the chance that someone else might end up dead tomorrow."

I'm wit ye lad. But lets grab the others. We're talking bout takin on a gang o cutthoats and the 3 o us ain't gonna git the job done alone. Let's go.

To the temple!!


Well now, it seems like the first steps have been laid. Let us see what happens next.

I am utterly boggled that you ever got her to even consider this.

I can be very persuasive. Plus she just went on about 'fate' again, but what does she know after taking that hit with Aroden?

Color me skeptical, she is currently still filled to the gills with liqueur and lust. Once that cools and she realizes what her taste of flesh can cost her, she'll be crawling back to her little whip.

Well there is that. However, was she ever REALLY one yours to begin with?

Once again you display an amazing ability to increase my rage. Explain.

That one was born to a Bloodmother and brought up on your tenets, but she was never really into eventually becoming undead. She gorged, drank, stuffed pills and powder into herself and screwed the living and undead, those were her desires indeed but never has she wanted to give up her flesh and lose that.

.....

I have seen your more devoted followers, for them to even consider screwing one of Pharasma's would make the result look like Zon-Kuthon snuck in there, but that night? Good clean licking,fingering,biting and screwing. The sort of thing that draws my gaze as well as yours.

So what are you asking of me?

Well I'm not going to ask you to not meddle. I do so love meddling and will be sending my little signs as no doubt Miss Cobwebs will also be doing, but until such time that the choice is made, continue to grant your priestess her miracles, there is quite the ruckus brewing in that city and having everyone at their best will make it all the better.

Fine.


NPC, H/Elf

Shinon, Duncan and Ermolos make it back to safehouse without being follewed. Once safely inside they can hear a discussion in a large conference room off the kitchen.

Arael is speaking, "So by the sound of things John's contact with the guards is a few days off. That leaves time for the five of you to go searching for answers." His eyes meet Ermolos and then Duncan's, "Six of you. Pardon. However, Janiven can not accompany you this time, she has some other business to do."

He pauses and takes a sip of out of his tankard, "The question remains are you going to go into the sewers looking for answers or are you going to hunt down a shadow beast?" He looks around the room and notices Kenji is missing.

"Where is Kenji?"


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

"He left earlier. Weirdest thing tough, he was all fine then Janiven came in and left, then he flipped the table in anger and left."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

I believe Janiven chastised him for going out alone and he stormed off as John said. Andrea sighed. I believe heading into the sewers would be the better choice since while we have an idea baout the shadow beasts, we still need to learn more by perhaps consulting those who would know about what Kenji has told us.


NPC, H/Elf

Arael frowns and shakes his head, Janiven is noticeably missing from the room. "Whatever you decide to do will be challenging. You are dealing with potential criminals, who may have kidnapped, tortured and killed. Alternatively, you are looking at encountering shadow beasts and by the looks of Kenji, he barely survived the encounter."

The City could use some good news with either a criminal band dealt with or a shadow beast or two killed. Certainly, this group would gains some standing with the the residents.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

"I say we find Henk and his gang. I have been wanting to stop them ever since we ran into them in the sewers."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

I suggest this, we head into the sewers to interrorgate and or eliminate Henk and his gang, then try to find out more about the shadow beasts, these things might be undead or other worldy and thus need special weapons and magic to defeat.


Evil GM

Duncan had noted the exit where the group came out, when lead by the bandits, so you can find an access.


NPC, H/Elf

Arael quietly nods his head at John and Andrea's suggestion.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon frowns. "Our groups' offensive power will suffer without Kenji here, hopefully Ermolos can make up the difference." He smiles encouragingly at the human before continuing. "Regardless, the dangers might be too great for us alone. Arael, would you like to join us? Surely you too object to the idea of a band of rogues running around doing as they please? Your power would be a great asset to us in this."


Male Human(Minkakian) Martial Artist lvl 2 (Int +4) (AC17)

After assualting a tree for a few hours, I begin to look around at my surroundings. I sit down in the nearest available spot. Janiven's words stung my pride something fierce. She seemed upset. More at my actions. I learned that as we are, we are no match for those beasts. Thanks to my sacrafice, we know better than to head out even as a group. Arael was right. That could have been only a light encounter. I came back alive so what was there to be upset about? What I did was right. I saved lives by risking my own! That's what good guys are suppose to do!

Minkakian:

"Why does it bother me?! Why does it bother her? So what I did was dangerous. So what? What we all are doing could get us killed so whats the difference. At least it was only me at risk. Now no one will die because I learned the monsters are too tough for us right now. Even in a group, without a method to hurt it or protect us from it's poison, we wouldn't stand a chance. Would have made no difference if I had gone out alone or with a group. Someone may even had been left behind, or a larger group could have drawn more. I only got hurt cause I didn't run right away. I simply got careless but somehow survived and got good info..."

I sit there on the bench talking to myself in my own tongue still trying to work out what I did wrong.

Hehe, Kenji's an emotional wreck. He doesn't know what it's like to be loved or admired, or even dearly cared for. His master was always so logical with him.


NPC, H/Elf

Arael would smile at Shinon, "I'm investigating a lead...a potential, BIG lead. I need some verify a few things but if all works out, in a couple days, we may have a big break through." looking Shinon in the eyes, "the Brotherhood of the Westcrown is on the verge of giving back significantly to the citizens."

That name just came to me and I like it. Besides I need a name to call the NPC members.


NPC, H/Elf

Arael looks around at the various NPCs around, "The Brotherhood will be seeking out information to help. Yaz and Tarvi have great methods at research."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

I have a few other ways of investigating as well, lack of time prevented me from seeking them all out but we can perhaps share methods. Where do Yaz and Tarvi work and socialize? If need be we can meet and exchange information. Besides, I do not believe we know where everyone works or lives, and constantly meeting here might draw too much attention.


NPC, H/Elf

Arael mentions that "well, Yaz works in a tavern and Tarvi works at her family's jewerly shop, the "Glitter Palace." It's a pretty well known shop of moderate qulaity of merchandise.

Eidt: I added it was Tarvi's family's jewerly shop.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Sense Motive on Arael. Darnit! The one time I really need to do well, it turns out to be not a human, so my Favored Enemy bonus doesn't apply. Okay, here goes.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

I work at the money changers. The owner is Gerald and I am there for the morning and afternoon.

Bleh. never thought it would have an offical name. 'Westcrown Exchange House' seems suitable.


Evil GM

Arael's Bluff v Sense Motive:
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Arael appears to be telling the group the truth..


Evil GM
Andrea1 wrote:

I work at the money changers. The owner is Gerald and I am there for the morning and afternoon.

Bleh. never thought it would have an offical name. 'Westcrown Exchange House' seems suitable.

Can you put your employer in your background for easy reference.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon nods. "Very well, then, Arael. So, our group consists of myself, Andrea, Duncan, John, and Ermolos. Kenji and Janiven are both unavailable...Still, with only five people, I am not so sure of our victory.."

Turning to the group, Shinon asks, "Does anyone have an idea of how we might better our odds against these bandits?"


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18
baldwin the merciful wrote:
Andrea1 wrote:

I work at the money changers. The owner is Gerald and I am there for the morning and afternoon.

Bleh. never thought it would have an offical name. 'Westcrown Exchange House' seems suitable.

Can you put your employer in your background for easy reference.

Already in the contacts section. :)[ But I'll put him in the main background as well.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18
Shinon wrote:

Shinon nods. "Very well, then, Arael. So, our group consists of myself, Andrea, Duncan, John, and Ermolos. Kenji and Janiven are both unavailable...Still, with only five people, I am not so sure of our victory.."

Turning to the group, Shinon asks, "Does anyone have an idea of how we might better our odds against these bandits?"

Andrea muses. Henk appeared to be a strong archer and the man with him was heavily armored. I don't remember his weapon but I believe we noted he held himself as well trained. Keeping Henk from raining arrows upon us is important, especially since they know the area they are working on better.

Andrea drinks some cold water, trying to help cool her flushed face that is still affected by last night's drinking. As for how many others there are, if we can scout out, the information would be invaluable, although very risky. I have a few spells I can use, but we must determine what we want to do. I can either pray for spells that hamper them or aid us. Such as causeing fear and doubt in their ranks or aiding our attacks.

Also, this will no doubt be an unpopular choice for John, Duncan and Shinon, but we may very well need to choose wether to eliminate them or come to an 'understanding' that their actions will no longer be tolerated. Perhaps convincing them to leave the city, pointing out the risk of being eliminated by the nobles as a loose end, which is seems they are.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Durn right it don't sit well wit me. They was torturin' somebody. For that body, be they alive.or dead, Henk an his boys deserve vengeance. I mean to bring it to them.


Evil GM

"How much gear do you all need to stock up on?"

What last bit of gear, if any, do you all need. I know Andrea and John have picked up a few things. If you need anything, now is the time.

I'm not sure if you all are going to look for Kenji, or if Kenji gets back in time.

As the group manages to slip out of the temple and make its way to the back alley sewer that Henk's guide let led everyone to roughly a week before.

[occ] Provide me with the marching order. Remember for the most part it is singel file a roof 5 feet or less. There is is sewage trench that next to a slightly raised walkway.[/ooc]


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon will not need any gear. He positions himself third in line. Here is my passive Perception check:

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Duncan is first. Passive perception1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


Evil GM

Everyone can make a passive perception roll. is Kenji wiht the group? duncan where are you putting the boy? also, what is the light source (I know duncan does not need light and shinon has low light)


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Ermolos brings up the rear.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Shinon, let me take your space. If I in the middle of the group I can reach both sides easier.

If Shinon agrees, I take the third spot otherwise I take fourth. Andrea also offers one of the sunrods she purchased for the group stash.


Male Human(Minkakian) Martial Artist lvl 2 (Int +4) (AC17)

Lemme make sure I am doing this right. Kenji was told to rejoin the group at the temple after three days. Day one he hung out with Janiven. Day two he Janiven and Shinnon tied to investigate a nobles death. Hearing that these shadow beast definitely needed to be dealt with, Kenji executed his dangerous experiment. Now it is day three and instead of praising Kenji for his daring act of bravery, she chewed him out and left. So now Kenji is out venting. He's not far from the temple but he will be out there for a good portion of the day trying to wrap his head around what happened. Unless someone wants to fetch him, he will not be joining the group today....and miss out on loot and XP. Thats the sacrifice one makes to roleplay within character. Someone please come get Kenji, he's not hard to find. Look for a Tian man beating up a tree. He's not hiding.


Human, NPC
Kenji Masada wrote:
Lemme make sure I am doing this right. Kenji was told to rejoin the group at the temple after three days. Day one he hung out with Janiven. Day two he Janiven and Shinnon tied to investigate a nobles death. Hearing that these shadow beast definitely needed to be dealt with, Kenji executed his dangerous experiment. Now it is day three and instead of praising Kenji for his daring act of bravery, she chewed him out and left. So now Kenji is out venting. He's not far from the temple but he will be out there for a good portion of the day trying to wrap his head around what happened. Unless someone wants to fetch him, he will not be joining the group today....and miss out on loot and XP. Thats the sacrifice one makes to roleplay within character. Someone please come get Kenji, he's not hard to find. Look for a Tian man beating up a tree. He's not hiding.

In the discussion thread you were curious why nobody scolded you espeically, Janiven. It was mentioned that there was a time and place for everything, Kenji's wounds were priority one. Well, she was miffed that Kenji endangered himself and potentially the group. Perhaps it's cultural but she doesn't understand why Kenji left the building as news was being shared. The emotional lady should keep Kenji second guessing and confused.


Male Human(Minkakian) Martial Artist lvl 2 (Int +4) (AC17)

Well I am not arguing with what happened. Kenji just isn't used to working with groups is all. If no one comes to get me I will return to the temple after a bit of sorting of the thoughts. I'm not far, bout ten to twenty minutes away. Just waiting to see if you guys need me is all. If you think Kenji needs the day off, then I will find something to do to keep entertained. Maybe I will do something dangerous again.


Evil GM

Everyone in the sewer needs to make a fortitude save when they enter.

As the group begins to descend into the Westcrown sewers, their nostrils are met with an aroma of filth, decay and raw sewage. The inside of their noses are on fire, as eyes water. The nasty memory is intensified by the big black flies buzzing around a lump blocking the trench flow.

Duncan, Shinon, Ermolos immediately understand they are looking at a bloated corpse. The body is contained within the trench, backside up, and it appears to be nearly floating. As Ermolos observes the corpse the stench hits him like a sack of bricks and he heaves violently. Anyone with a passive perception check 10 or higher recongnizes its a corpse. Who is standing in front of Ermolos?

Ermolos Passive Perception and Fort:
Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12fort: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Perception1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Fort1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Well either Shinon or I are in front of Ermolos depending if Shinon agreed to let Andrea take 3rd place. So one of us is going to get something down their back. ;)

Oh boy! Looks like Andrea is going to heave over John or Shinon! Now Urgathoa is going to be double pissed at me which calls for double whippings.


Evil GM

[
The smell doubles Andrea over as she becomes nauseous upchucks her moring rolls and coffee. The violence of spasms takes Andrea off guard. The stench of gastric fluid explodes from Andrea's mouth. Sprouting forth like a river of unhealthy gluttony. The unusual pain in her gut makes her take knee. "Serves your right you unfaithful wench," cackles the voice in your head.

Whoever is in front of Andrea has a bit harder fortitude save now as she is sick - either Shinon or John


Diety, NPC

"You filthy ungrateful piece of toe dung. I hope your pet disciple of that skanky old bone rodent tasted as good the second time.
May you choke on her and the vermin she serves."
, hideous cackling reverberates in Andrea's head.

With that Andrea feels a kick in her stomach that puts her on her knees, face inches from the backed up sewage that threatens to breach the embankment. Andrea you are prone (-4 melee attack, -4 AC melee, +4 AC ranged) and have the nauseated condition (unable to attack, cast spells, concentrate on spells. CRB 568)


Male Human(Minkakian) Martial Artist lvl 2 (Int +4) (AC17)

After a couple of hours of contemplation. I sit up. "I sure she probably just upset cause I got hurt. I go back an see what odders up too." I return to the temple. This would undoubtedly be after the others left for the sewers.

Once I am in the temple I look for people. "Any body home? I back." Do I find anyone?


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

OMGWTFBBQ

Andrea face is a mask of horror as she grips her stomach. Ugh..Urgg.. she gasps as she rocks back and forth, the taste of acid on her tongue. Andrea pushes herself up and back so she is pressed against the wall, face white as a sheet and sweat drenching her form.

ANdrea starts muttering to herself in Infernal, half-heard prayers and supplications.


Human, NPC
Kenji Masada wrote:

After a couple of hours of contemplation. I sit up. "I sure she probably just upset cause I got hurt. I go back an see what odders up too." I return to the temple. This would undoubtedly be after the others left for the sewers.

Once I am in the temple I look for people. "Any body home? I back." Do I find anyone?

"Hi Kenji, you missed the group by 20 minutes...maybe. They went back to the sewer. They were trying the go where the bandits dropped you all off at, it's not too far. I could show you the entrance." Mathalen offers helpfully.


Evil GM

A second wave of sickness strikes Andrea forcing her face first near the sewage trench. Ripples in the greenish brown water look like tidal waves to young cleric. Will the knotting in her stomach let up soon?


Diety, NPC

Oh Nooooooooooooo, my young priestess your pain will not cease soon, it's causes me much pleasure right now...nearly erotic. Let me squeeze your intestines a touch harder now..."

yes ...yes...there it is - the delectation that I crave. Spit out the last of that foul halfling...yes...yes...YES!


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Andrea's eyes roll back and she makes guttural sounds in her throat and her head snaps forwards, sending out a chunk of something disturbing that splats against the wall and starts wiggling. Maggot

Andrea stays prostrate, her face near the sewage as the last of the contents of her stomach dribble out of her mouth..


Male Human(Minkakian) Martial Artist lvl 2 (Int +4) (AC17)

I nod to Mathalen. "Bery weru. Take me to da odders. I will do what can for group. Dey depend on me it seems." I will follow Mathalen's lead.


Human, NPC

"Becareful." she bids her mentor as she helps him to slide the grate back over the opening.

Kenji I need you to make a a Fortitude save and also provide me a passive perception roll.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Eh? Ye all right lass. Didn't think the smell was that bad.

Duncan moves over to Inspect the body.

1,351 to 1,400 of 25,175 << first < prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.