Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


51 to 100 of 25,173 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

Sense Motive1d20 ⇒ 11


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Sense Motive1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18


Male Human(Minkakian) Martial Artist lvl 2 (Int +4) (AC17)

Sense Motive:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Combined with her speech and the delicacy of the situation. "Dis worse I prace I eber been. I tink it right to not onry be a worried but we shud act soon. Da matters you speak are danger an someone might try stop you. I tink we must find dis friend soon." I seem urgent and very serious about my choice.


Evil GM

Results of sense motive checks:

John Deos:
The emotion in Janiven's voice is sincere, she appears to believe in this cause. You do feel a bit uneasy as the topic borders on treason.

Duncan Redhammer:
The lady speaks the truth you know. But you know this could be viewed as rebel act and the hellknghts could be their own form of judge, jury and executioner.

Kenji Masada:
Even with your broken grasp of common you understand this could result in authorities taking action. Although a passion for common folks is obvious, and the from your limited knowledge of the city, the people need a voice who looks out after their interest. No city you have ever been in has had a curfew after hours, this is repressive. This is not a natural action of free person.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Andrea seems to be busy both eating and listening to their hostess, as she eagerly consumes the lamb she also keeps an ear and eye cocked so she does not miss anything. Sense Motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 I agree, these beasts in the night have been very harmful and no doubt are the source of many a new corpse in the morgue. A very intriguing mystery to look into.


Evil GM

Andrea:
Although you are still relatively new to the Westcrown, you know what the lasdy speaks is the truth. People live in fear of the night, and the form of Justice the Hellknights bring upon people, when citizens speak out. Your morgue visits have shown you the results of the Judge, Jury and Executioner justice that prevails in this city.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

"Be careful, you are approaching treason with your words. I agree something should be done about the creatures of the night, but before you accuse the of such heavy accusations, you would need evidence to back your claim."


Human, NPC

"I'm a law abiding citizen and nothing I say is meant to stir up chaos. I believe in equal justice FOR ALL. Just seems like the use of shadow beast to keep the streets safe at night are a bit too restrictive and... thinking for the proper word, "cruel. It's hard to have blind faith. The morgues are filled with the missing who met the shadow's fate."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Just a momment. Andrea searches her robes. I am having a hunch right now that the boy who bumped into me might have been something other than a thief or mere boy.


Male Human(Minkakian) Martial Artist lvl 2 (Int +4) (AC17)

I seem greatly concerned. " Guards may take action anyways. Dey not seem type too risk retting anyone speak freery. You friend may auready been captured by guards. If we to do somsing, we need a puran of attack." I look to Andrea to see what she has.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Shinon listened to Janiven's words carefully. Unlike the rest of the group, he was not quick to voice his concerns. He let them each speak their piece, analyzing the situation as a whole, before finally clearing his throat.

"What would you have me do?" he asked the woman, his eyes full of a stern resolve. He could hear Roy's innocent voice in the back of his mind. If there was a chance to end this fear...a chance to let both Roy and Shinon go to sleep at night without absolutely no reason to think that Roy wouldn't be safe in bed when they both woke up, he would take that chance. Shinon didn't trust this woman as far as he could throw her, but the rest of the group seemed just as confused and alarmed as he was, which meant they weren't on her side. If these people were only here out of concern, as he was, then he could...well, not trust them, but he could at least allow them to watch his back.


Evil GM

Result of sense motive:

Shinon:
The speech you heard rings home with you. You sense a natural connection with her and the plight she has expressed. Perhaps, she understands what it is to be a vigilante. Certainly, it is not right that the shadow beasts walk the city at night "keeping the peace."


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Duncan casts a sideways glance at the big fighter who seems less than enthusiastic.
Laws are fine things, but here there are many that crush the spirit. But if the danger is real, they may have cause fer the curfew OR it could jus be an excuse to keep the people scared an reliant on thier 'protecters'. Ye want evidence, boy? Ye should poke yer head about in the dark places an see what ye find.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

"I will not look for evidence that my government is corrupt. I will however look for the truth to these disappearances and shadow beast, where ever they lead." John replies back to the Dwarf.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Andrea checks her robes to see if anything is missing or has been added when that boy bumped into her. Sorry I should have been more clear about what Andrea was doing.


Evil GM
Andrea1 wrote:
Andrea checks her robes to see if anything is missing or has been added when that boy bumped into her. Sorry I should have been more clear about what Andrea was doing.

After a thorough search of your person, you are satified that nothing has been stolen or added.

LOL...I didn't think about planting evidence on your person.

Great, everyone is caught up and nobody is left behind..


Human, NPC

As the party continues to converse about the situation Janiven sits there following each voice. Her head mvoes from speaker to speaker, like a ball being hit back and forth. When there is a slight lull in the conversation, she breaks in and says, "You are not the first potential recruits that we have gathered, we have a few other like minded individuals (emphasizing the work individuals), but cha'are the most talented." Smiling to let the compliment sink in. "We are looking into the disappearances, and the deaths, and I don't want to riot or create chaos," the last part she stares at John.

Taking another drink, then filling her cup "But a small band of protectors," beaming when she says those word. Her eyes falling on Duncan, Kenji and Shinon. Tipping her tankard towards you. "We could win the support and admiration of the citizens, and we all know Westcrown is the second cousin to Egorian, and is largely ignored by the rulers of Cheliax, since they moved the capital."

Looking over to the others, "So, I'm looking for people who would be investigators, protectors and foster a bit more freedom, like freedom to religion." Staring right at Andrea when she finishes her comments.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Duncan considers the offer, looking about a table full of people he has no reason to trust. Here was the chance he'd been waiting for, with competent allies he'd finally be able to make a difference here.

I'll need one thing clear. I worship, Ragathiel, born of Hell, risen above his sire, the Archangel of Vengeance. He particularly looks at John. I believe in the rule of Law. Ragathiel does to. However, there are those who know the system and can.subvert it to avoid their deserved justice. In those times, there are those who must seek vengeance upon the transgressors for the sake of the victims. Reguardless of the laws that may protect them
I heard a rumor once, that the founder of the Hellknights was a vigilante, who took up arms to achieve an ends that was just Vengeance, and laws were broken, but Right was done.
Is this true? If so, are you willing to do things the guards can't for the sake of others? I see hesitence in you. I will watch your backs if our goals can be made to follow the same path.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon absorbed all of Janiven's words, before finally, he spoke. "Very well. I am in. We don't need to mess with the government, but we can certainly investigate these disappearances. I've been trying to do something similar on my own anyway, but it's not been going too well. To be honest, there's only so much one person can do, especially when you're dealing with creatures like that. So...I'll ask then. If you all care about this city like I do, please. Help me. And I'll help you. We can figure this out if we work together."

It wasn't really like Shinon to give a little speech like that, but he meant every word. He needed help, whether he wanted it or not, and these people, while Shinon had just met them, seemed very capable. They all looked suspicious and seemed to be sizing each other and Janiven up when they got the chance, so at the very least, they were all experienced warriors. Shinon could respect that.


Human, NPC

Janiven looks around the table at Duncan and Shinon feeling a sense of pride.

Then suddenly, there is pounding on the front door. WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK." Statled she jumps up and moves to the peer out of a window, in a defensive posture, jeweled hilted longsword half unsheathed. Breathing steadily, preparing for confrontation, she moves from the window to the door and begins to unbolt one side.

A sliver of an opening, "Morosino, w..wh..what is the problem," as the young boy slips inside panting hard. Quickly the door is rebolted.

Shinon and Andrea recongnize this boy from the street.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Andrea listens to Janiven's words and nods. I agree on these points, with the situation as it is, I do feel..uncomfortable with my situation. Plus my patron and buisness have suffered from certain quarters that I belive are connected to this, so I am willing to investigate and hopefully things will improve.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon walks over to the boy and checks him for wounds. "Are you alright? Tell us what happened!" he said, with urgency.


Male Human(Minkakian) Martial Artist lvl 2 (Int +4) (AC17)

I listen carefully to the conversation. Once Janiven finishes I point out "What we hope to accomplish? We just want inbesitage monsters, or stop dem competery? We must have puran. We find where dey coming from an stop dem."

The sudden disturbance puts me on guard. When the boy is let in, he draws my attention. "Is this friend you expecting?"


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

"Do not worry, I plan to help fight these shadow beast and find the source of the disappearances. For that I am with you." John respond to Janiven. When the boy enters the Tavern John becomes silent and watches.


Evil GM

The boy is gasping for breath, "They've got," caughing frantically, "Arael."Wheezing and gasping for air, a look of panic in his eyes. "The dottari snatched Arael on his way back." Calming down a bit more now, he continues with his hands on his knees."The dottari grabbed Arael today, and now the Hellnights of the Rack are trying to get custody of him!"

"I saw a whole lot of Hellknights and their armigers (squires or Hellnights in training) marching this way. They will have the place surrounded....I only just made it back... here." Sweat dripping from his brow.

Outside there is a distinct sound of heavy boots on cobble, and clinking of heavy armor outside the tavern.

I couldn't find a good commoner boy avatar during my quick scan today.


Human, NPC

Janiven looks back at the foreigner, "No, this was not who I was expecting." She pats him on hte back, "it's ok...get to the tunnel.'

She moves to the window and peeks outside, the color leaves her face.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Andrea stands up, rather alarmed. We must leave here right now. All of us. I have little doubt they know that you. She indicates Janiven. Are an acquaintance and plan to put you to the question as well. Andrea stresses 'question' so it means 'torture'.


NPC

The sound of armor, boots and weapons increase. When the loud "THUD,THUD, THUD ...OPEN IN THE NAME OF HELLKNIGHTS OF THE RACK...THUD, THUD, THUD." The front doors rattle in their bolts.


Human, NPC

The boy rushes behind the old worn bar and starts to move crates, the sound of scrapping on the floor. Janiven grabs her bow and quiver from behind the bar and lends the boy a hand.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

quietly telling the group "I agree with our robed friend here, we need to leave." Seeing Janiven trying to move crates, John moves over to help.


Male Human(Minkakian) Martial Artist lvl 2 (Int +4) (AC17)

I stand up. To those present you will also notice I am neither armed or wearing armor. I am merely wear an Oriental tunic and baggy Oriental pants.

"I afraid this wud happen. We been found. Dere another way out of here?"


Human, NPC

"There were at least six Hellknights and twice that amount of Armiger's out there...sure, they ahve the back covered by now," pointing to John to pull on the trap door to open it. "I didn't mean to get you all..." her voice trails of in a bit of dispair.

"Yes, we can get out through the sewers," she responds to Kenji.

The reason for the footwear request and length of the cloaks and gear.


NPC

More loud banging on the front door, BANG, BANG, THUD "BRING IN THE RAM, THUD, BANG, BANG" bellows the deep voice between the pounding of the fist.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

John opens the trap door. "I would suggest everyone hurry" John says to the group, then to Janiven"How do you plan for them to not follow us?"


Human, NPC

"Arael and I marked a route to a safe house...hard to follow in the twists and junctions of the sewers, plus I got stuff to cause a bit of delay down there," pushing the boy down into the shaft, "Quick follow Morosino he knows," helping Andrea next as she hands the boy her bow.

There is noticeable crack in the front door.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon did not wait. He bowed to Janiven and said, "Stay alive," before jumping down into the shaft after the boy.

Is there a light source down here? If Shinon can see, he will quickly scan the area:
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


Evil GM

John Deos I need you to make a straight knowledge check for me, (I see you do not have knowledge local), add +2 do to Alfar Decan.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

Knowledge:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
18 adding the +2


Evil GM
John Deos wrote:

Knowledge:1d20+1

18 adding the +2

Spoiler:
One of the big complaint's your mentor has about the Order of the Rack is their obsession with the prevention of rebellion. They are the Oldest of the Order's and the most fanatical. Their zeal has been rumored to lead to many innoncent people to be punished with quesitonable cause.

Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Andrea hitches up her robe and heads down into the sewers after the boy, wishing she had memorized a light spell, but que sera, sera. Don't burn yourself down with the rest of of them. she says to Janiven.


Evil GM

There is a 20 foot long, 5 foot wide shaft that slops at a 30 degree angle which ends at a simple birch door. The boy, Monosino is standing there with a common looking lattern that is lit. He has yet to open the door.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Andrea follows the others down the passage to the door.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Duncan gives the woman a nod and heads to the shaft. Hold ye fool woman. I ain't usually one to hold up a lady, but I'm pretty sure ye want me dwarven eyes up front.

Duncan quickly casts LIGHT on the woman's robe, I'll be up to 60ft in front o ye, but I'll stop fer the boys directions at intersections

He draws his Bastard Sword and rushes off.


Human, NPC

By my count everyone is either in, or moving into, the tunnel now. At least everyone is looking for the alternative way out. So, I will proceed with the story.

Janiven waits until everyone is in the tunnel and heading towards the door to the sewers. The host closes the trap door and bolts it from the tunnel side. She also sets a tangle foot trap pulls some crates down into the shaft, as a temporary obstacle.

Meanwhile, Morosino opens the door into the sewer and steps through with his lantern burning. Casting light and shadow a bit further. The sewer is 5-foot tall and 10-foot wide, there is 3-foot deep trench for sewage and water which takes up half of the 10-foot space. Leaving a 5-foot walk way that shifts to the other side at various points. The water and sewage at this point is approximately 8 to 12 inches from the lip of the walk way.

Everyone make a Fortitude DC10 Save:
Do I lose my dinner roll!

XP Award:
Everyone recieves 400 XP. Excellent RP so far. What is pretty cool is everyone is working together but nobody has really introduced themselves to the other party members.

On the other side of the door, Janiven bolts it shut. Then gets on her hands and knees feeling around the wall for a small opening, she tugs the wedged rock out of the way. Then she pulls out a small box and opens it, "Here take these healing potions," as she starts to pass out small vials to everyone...3 cure light a piece. She reaches back inside the opening and expresses displeasure growling a bit, "Dang $&**^% it, the sunroads are gone. Forgot to replace those.

There is loud sounds of foot steps overhead.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

Fort Save:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
"Thank you" John says to Janiven adding "I have a sunrod of my own, and it appears some heee can make magic light so we should be good for that. We should probably move along before we are caught."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Fort save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 Andrea clenches her throat and jaw some, rather dismayed at this. Mother would be dissapointed if I lost my stomach here. Andrea takes the potions and tucks them into her pouch with a nod.


Human, NPC

Everyone except for Duncan and the boy are bending over. Some, John, more than others. Using a weapon overhead is impossible, there just isn't enough space to swing the weapon.

"Right move it follow the walkway, Morosino knows his way, I'll pull up the rear for now. Move move move." Other than the lantern light it is pitched black in here. Not a concern for the Duncan, the dwarf.

As the sound of the trap door being shattered can be heard. Followed shortly there after by curses, Mother of a sea wench, ^@$*&, that 'lil piece of sludge.'The tanglefoot trap obviously detonated.

I'm going to need a marching order. I will use this order as as the default for the group.


Evil GM
Andrea1 wrote:
[dice=Fort save] 1d20+4 Andrea clenches her throat and jaw some, rather dismayed at this. Mother would be dissapointed if I lost my stomach here. Andrea takes the potions and tucks them into her pouch with a nod.

Your character would not have lived it down had she lost it. Urgathoa would have played with your prayed for spells. LOL


Male Human(Minkakian) Martial Artist lvl 2 (Int +4) (AC17)

Fort save:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

I hardly notice the stench as I head down last keeping close to Janiven as we move. "Where we go an is safe to be dere for any rength of time?"


Evil GM

Everyone who check in know give me a marching order, please. Right now the boy is up front wiht the lattern and janiven is in the rear....Unless you all tell me otherwise.

51 to 100 of 25,173 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.