Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


9,501 to 9,550 of 26,346 << first < prev | 186 | 187 | 188 | 189 | 190 | 191 | 192 | 193 | 194 | 195 | 196 | next > last >>

Male Half-Orc Brawler 5 | 64/64 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 16 (20) [touch 15, FF 13], Fort +14, Ref +13, Will +7; Perception +9;

"Hey, watch where you're going!" the orc growls as he turns to meet the clumsy fool that ran into him.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea makes sure to get the address of the warehouse, even though there is probably little there after time has passed.

Who was your commanding officer?


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Faelyn disappears for a second and then reappears 10 feet on the other side of the half orc as he is still looking behind himself. Excuse me? And you are?


Male Half-Orc Brawler 5 | 64/64 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 16 (20) [touch 15, FF 13], Fort +14, Ref +13, Will +7; Perception +9;

"The man you just barreled into!" Truk roars.

"Who is this whelp?" the big orc asks the two women.


Evil GM

The prisoner swing his head to the other canning room, "In there, if he's alive." He blinks, "don't know an address." He gives a vague description from his recollection. "Haven't been here real long." He admits.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Well we should chat with him. Thank you very much for your help. Andrea motions to John and Orsin. Do either of you have questions?


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

What an oaf. I guess the troops are looking for some extra muscle. Let's see if we can get a rise out of him. You are using that word rather loosely don't you think? Faelyn smirks at the large "man".

GM Baldwin:

Ready to blink away if he attacks.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Lucrezia steps between Truk and Faelyn. "Faelyn, this is Orn's brother Truk-tosh. Truk-tosh, this Faelyn, our mage who will be competing in that contest that I mentioned."

Lucrezia will turn her back on Truk for the moment so that she can face Faelyn. "Once the others get here, are you up for looking around the are where the match will take place? I do mean both inside and out. I would like to get a feel for the surrounding are and mark the areas where we could likely expect any ambushes when we leave and know all the quickest routes away from it. Since the reigning champion has been reigning for a while now, he may take being beat rather hard and plan for something bad after the match."


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Still looking the half Orc in the eyes and smiling, Faelyn answers Lucrezia That would be a good idea.


Male Half-Orc Brawler 5 | 64/64 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 16 (20) [touch 15, FF 13], Fort +14, Ref +13, Will +7; Perception +9;

Truk’s growl rises in his throat as the elf issues his challenge. He takes an aggressive step forward but stops when Lucrezia intervenes.

”Of course he’s your wizard. F***ing wizards…”

”Lead the way then beautiful, before your elf makes me break my word.”


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Faelyn reaches in his robe and pulls out a set of harrow cards. He dexterously shuffles the cards and then shoots a card with his right hand on the ground infront of the half orc. The bear...that figures.


Male Half-Orc Brawler 5 | 64/64 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 16 (20) [touch 15, FF 13], Fort +14, Ref +13, Will +7; Perception +9;

Truk glares at Faelyn and his cards with an intensity that suggests he might attack after all.

He holds the position for a long tense moment before busting into a fit of roaring laughter.

”You may be a slip of an elf but you’ve got a pair on you”, he says between laughs. ”Call me a bear if you like, just remember what they say about sleeping bears.”

”Tell me about this little game you’re dragging us to tomorrow.”


Human, NPC

"Boys you DO understand that the enemy is out there lurking in the night, or working a corrupt angle in the government?


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

"No, I'm good," Orsin remarks smiling at Andrea's stunning triumph. On their way out Orsin whispers to the cleric, "Nicely done. Perhaps we should start calling you 'High Inquisitor'?" He elbows her playfully as they move on to the next interrogatee.


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Faelyn lets out a laugh as well (and a hidden sigh of relief). It is a gladiatorial event where you fight with your summons. It is new to me. I have been doing some research, but I will be at a disadvantage tomorrow.


Male Half-Orc Brawler 5 | 64/64 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 16 (20) [touch 15, FF 13], Fort +14, Ref +13, Will +7; Perception +9;

"I'm afraid I don't know much about enemies in the night or corrupt government angles", the big orc admits. "But I figure your dwarf and Lucrezia here didn't ask me along for my smarts."

Truk finishes with a grin in the varisian woman's direction.

***

"So you're going to pit your biggest beast against another wizard's and this other wizard has the edge on you in experience at the very least", Truk summarizes. "Have you thought about evening the odds?"


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

When the next prisoner is hauled out Andrea will cast Suggestion on him.

DC 18 with my Charming trait boosting it from 17 to 18

Suggestion:

You influence the actions of the target creature by suggesting a course of activity (limited to a sentence or two). The suggestion must be worded in such a manner as to make the activity sound reasonable. Asking the creature to do some obviously harmful act automatically negates the effect of the spell.

The suggested course of activity can continue for the entire duration. If the suggested activity can be completed in a shorter time, the spell ends when the subject finishes what it was asked to do. You can instead specify conditions that will trigger a special activity during the duration. If the condition is not met before the spell duration expires, the activity is not performed.

A very reasonable suggestion causes the save to be made with a penalty (such as -1 or -2).

Well now, we would like you to answer our questions truthfully so we can all get home as quick and safely as possible.


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Do you have a suggestion?


Evil GM

Sergeant's Will Save: 1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 - 2 = 3

The second bound prisoner is lead to the room blindfolded and shacked. He does not bear physical wounds other than bruising. He is shivering cold. He nods to Andrea's soothing suggestion.


Male Half-Orc Brawler 5 | 64/64 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 16 (20) [touch 15, FF 13], Fort +14, Ref +13, Will +7; Perception +9;

"The wolf is fierce but wise enough to know when he faces a stronger opponent. He will strike hard and fast in order to hobble his prey and then withdraw. He only returns to finish the task once the bleeding has weakened his opponent."

"This other wizard is more experienced than you but his resources still have their limits. What if he were attacked before your bout and forced to use his most powerful spells defending himself? I believe that would put the two of you on more even ground."


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Faelyn smiles at the Bear's words The cards have chosen well. A bear is mighty and untamable, but also wise. Do you think you could see that this happens? Lucrezia?


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Well now. You were in command of at least the forces going after the Grulios, correct? Did you report to anyone else in particular? Do you know where the warehouse you were barracked in is in the city? Did you meet any of the nobles who hired your group personally and who were they?

Feel free to chip in anyone if they have questions.


Male Half-Orc Brawler 5 | 64/64 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 16 (20) [touch 15, FF 13], Fort +14, Ref +13, Will +7; Perception +9;

"We needn't hurt him, even if he is a rotten wizard. We just need to scare him - make it look like a mugging or a robbery. After he blows some of his big flashy spells, we make a break for it."


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

It is risky, but genius. We need to avoid this happening to me as well. I can not believe I did not see this. Faelyn walks over and offers his hand to Truk. You are going to be an asset to this group.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"We were told that injuring or weakening another contestant pre-contest is forbidden. So that idea is out. Too risky we will be identified as the ones behind it and we would lose out on the information."


Evil GM

The prisoner replies, "I had no direct dealings with the nobles. We were given orders by others, but I understood, those to be from two main Wiscrani houses."


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

To Lucrezia Good job finding this one mon amie


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea turns to Orsin and John. We might just be retreading the ground we asked before. Do you have any ideas?


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea does scribble on some paper and hand it to Orsin.

We could try releasing one and try following him to see if he leads us to his superiors.


Male Half-Orc Brawler 5 | 64/64 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 16 (20) [touch 15, FF 13], Fort +14, Ref +13, Will +7; Perception +9;

Truk takes the offered hand and swallows it up within his meaty grip as he shakes it.

Lucrezia Villanova wrote:
"We were told that injuring or weakening another contestant pre-contest is forbidden. So that idea is out. Too risky we will be identified as the ones behind it and we would lose out on the information."

"You didn't seem like the sort to worry about the rules", the big orc says with a frown. "If you don't think we can pull it off without getting Faelyn disqualified, he's going to have to do this the hard way."


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Lucrezia puts her hands at her hips as she attempts to start down Truk. "Well Trouble, exactly what "sort" do I seem like to you? And as for pulling it off, I'd rather not risk an attack of any kind. This fellow may well be a useful source of future information in addition to what we need now and I would prefer we didn't piss the fellow off."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea does consider oneor two more questions.

Where were you supposed to regroup after your mission was done? Did you ever see any Dottari or Hellknights who were..'agreeable' with what you were doing? I am just wondering if there were any bribes handed out.


Male Half-Orc Brawler 5 | 64/64 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 16 (20) [touch 15, FF 13], Fort +14, Ref +13, Will +7; Perception +9;
Lucrezia Villanova wrote:
Lucrezia puts her hands at her hips as she attempts to start down Truk. "Well Trouble, exactly what "sort" do I seem like to you?"

Truk answers her challenging gaze with his own.

"The sort that breaks the rules if she has to, to get a job done; the sort that takes what she wants and doesn't apologize after; the sort that isn't afraid of trouble..."

The big orc steps in closer as he speaks. His voice grows deeper and huskier with each word, until he's right on top of Lucrezia and he can barely be heard except by her.

"...not even big trouble."


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Lucrezia holds her ground as the big half-orc advances upon her. "I am not afraid of any trouble. No matter how big or small." Lucrezia glances down as she she says the word, 'small'. "And I have broken my fair share of rules when needed, but I'm trying to learn when it is and when it isn't smart to do so."


Male Half-Orc Brawler 5 | 64/64 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 16 (20) [touch 15, FF 13], Fort +14, Ref +13, Will +7; Perception +9;

Truk grins when Lucrezia's gaze travels down.

"I don't know if you're ready for that kind of trouble", he says with a laugh.

"But have it your way - this is your show. I'm just here to provide the muscle. It's your elf that's going to suffer."


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

At work...! Orsin nods at Andrea's suggestion.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea will have the prisoner taken back to his room after the questioning is done and then go talk to Maurice.

Well we got everything we could out of them. We did consider releasing them onto the streets and then following them back to whereever they might go. Might allow us to see who else they are working with and perhaps ambush THEM! What do you think?


[Fem Elf][Inq1/Ninja5][Init:+4][Perc:+12][33HP][AC:21(23)(Touch:14(15)(FF:17(18)][Fort+3][Ref+8][Will+4]

Agreed.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

However, I am very certain that this should not be done until we inform the others and make sure we are in top form. I have use dmany of my miracles today and thus if we get intoa fight I will not be able to use very useful spells such as protecting us from fire. So, we might have to give this a pass.

Andrea suddenly looks inspired. I do however have that scroll of scrying that we recovered from the Crux that we could use to scry on the sergant if we get some of his personal possessions. However, I have only the one scroll and there is no guerentee that we will be able to fidn the ones we want.


[Fem Elf][Inq1/Ninja5][Init:+4][Perc:+12][33HP][AC:21(23)(Touch:14(15)(FF:17(18)][Fort+3][Ref+8][Will+4]

"If keeping an eye on some one is required. That's something I am reasonable at..." She says quietly.

High sneak skill. Ninja stuffs. Disguise skill. Shadow hould be able to follow some one all right. (^_^)


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Indeed, but I am very wary of having you go off by yourself. I don't want what happened to Sunny happen to you. We have lost too many.


[Fem Elf][Inq1/Ninja5][Init:+4][Perc:+12][33HP][AC:21(23)(Touch:14(15)(FF:17(18)][Fort+3][Ref+8][Will+4]

At the fate of Sunny Shadow's features darken and the looks she spares the captives is filled with menace. She retains her composure, however and replies.

"Yes...but Sunny was on the edges of a fight. The idea is for me to not even be seen in the first place." Shadow points out.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Lets see if the Missepe's really want these mercenaries, then we can see what happens next.


[Fem Elf][Inq1/Ninja5][Init:+4][Perc:+12][33HP][AC:21(23)(Touch:14(15)(FF:17(18)][Fort+3][Ref+8][Will+4]

Shadow nods...though sparing a glare hostile enough to strip paint towards the helpless figure.

Spoiler:
Though, once outside of sight/earshot, Shadow confides that torture and such does not sit well with her.


Evil GM
Andrea1 wrote:

Andrea does consider oneor two more questions.

Where were you supposed to regroup after your mission was done? Did you ever see any Dottari or Hellknights who were..'agreeable' with what you were doing? I am just wondering if there were any bribes handed out.

"Yeh, I saw some dottari hanging around, talking to the Captain. Couldn't really describe them though but I did over hear 'em once. Said something about a council is watching, not sure what it meant." He stops, "Water...we were to meet back a the warehouse if all went well, if this went south there were two rabbit holes to get to that lead through the sewers."


Evil GM
Lucrezia Villanova wrote:
"I am not afraid of any trouble. No matter how big or small." Lucrezia glances down as she she says the word, 'small'.

OUCH


Male Human, NPC Fighter, Dottari Sergeant
Andrea1 wrote:

Andrea will have the prisoner taken back to his room after the questioning is done and then go talk to Maurice.

Well we got everything we could out of them. We did consider releasing them onto the streets and then following them back to whereever they might go. Might allow us to see who else they are working with and perhaps ambush THEM! What do you think?

"Not sure if the Missepe's, who are set to take the prisoner's, will agree to turning them free. There was talk on turning them over to authorites for what it's worth. Besides, if they hit a dottari holding cell, I sort of believe, they will be freed on there own. Sounds like some powerful and connected noble houses are involved." He shrugs, "That may be way, to see who bails them out, but then again getting captured could be death sentence if they think you talked." There is long pause, "Both Grulios and Missepe respect you all, and what you've been fighting for, they may listen and agree with your idea."

Maurice hands you a small locket and clothing the Sergeant had on him.


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

When Lucrezia says small and looks down, Faelyn laughs out loud. Maybe the cards should have picked a worm! Don't worry Bear...I've got an enlarge spell for you! Faelyn quickly blinks away fifteen feet.


Evil GM
Faelyn Sindrel wrote:
When Lucrezia says small and looks down, Faelyn laughs out loud. Maybe the cards should have picked a worm! Don't worry Bear...I've got an enlarge spell for you! Faelyn quickly blinks away fifteen feet.

LOL

The wizard's comment takes a couple seconds to begin registering in Bear's face, providing the spellcaster ample opportunity to get out of reach.


Male Half-Orc Brawler 5 | 64/64 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 16 (20) [touch 15, FF 13], Fort +14, Ref +13, Will +7; Perception +9;

Truk is secure enough underneath his leather kilt that neither Lucrezia's jab nor Faelyn's followup get much of a reaction.

"So did you still want to scout the area being used for this competition?"

9,501 to 9,550 of 26,346 << first < prev | 186 | 187 | 188 | 189 | 190 | 191 | 192 | 193 | 194 | 195 | 196 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.