Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


8,251 to 8,300 of 25,179 << first < prev | 161 | 162 | 163 | 164 | 165 | 166 | 167 | 168 | 169 | 170 | 171 | next > last >>

Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Andrea's face softens as Orsin hugs her and she returns the hug, lightly squeezing his arms. Thank you. Then with a softer voice. You don't have to answer or decide anytime soon, but if you need more, just come to my door. Fiosa has no difficulties with this. Andrea will lightly disengage and head to the safehouse without making any more mentain of what she said.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Any chance of tracking where the body was dragged off to?
survival 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22
Trying to figure out if it was dragged towards a ship or away from the docks.


Evil GM

Lucrezia you can see that something was dragged aback down an alley towards the docks but then there are too many footprint that obsure the track.


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

After Faelyn gets his answer on the ability of Talbard to open a crux, he heads to the pier to look for clues on the wizard. If the ship that the wizard was on is empty, he will cast fly and go up to the crow's nest to look for a clue.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"Well, it looks like something was dragged towards the docks through that alley right there. If Sunny's body was taken aboard one of those ships that've already left, we're never going to find it."


H, NPC Wizard

Faelyn your mentor looks at his impatient student, "You are too quick to rush to the next item you to focus your mind to be great wizard." He states in in his professorial manner. "Yes...yes , I can look at the box but I doubt that I know a spell to assist." He pauses, "That may take some time and resources to obtain a spell."


Evil GM

Nobody had a good look at the ships since they were in fog and/or sleet so you don't know if the ships are the same or not. Knowledge local or profession sailor roll.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Know local 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin arrives with Andrea at the safehouse, not long before sundown, no doubt. The two were mindful not to be followed and upon arrival, Orsin politely nods to Andrea and seeks out Janiven to obtain her counsel.

If he's able to find her, he tells her that he needs to maneuver himself into the social circles of the Aranxi and the Drovenges, which may be difficult now that the murder play is over and he had little success at the mayor's party.

Knowledge check to recall any family friends or other access points.

Knowledge (nobility): 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 2 = 24


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Andrea briefly checks her glyph on the front door and then enters with Orsin when they reach the safehouse.

Looking around, Andrea will just quietly take a place in the main room, a bit out of the way of the bustle of anyone there and just sit with her hands clasped and hood slightly over her eyes, pondering the chaos her life has become.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

Knowledge local: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27


Evil GM

For those on the docks who rolled Knowledge local checks you know you should the dockmaster, he will be able to tell you the ships in and out of the port. When you talk to the local dockworkers they seem to have coming onto their duty shift, so they are not helpful.


Human, NPC

Janiven is at the safehouse when Andrea and Orsin arrive. "Good you are the first one's to arrive." She looks around, "Did Duncan find you, he was here with Faelyn then he left to find the group. The crux needs to be opened."

When Janiven is alone with Orsin she contemplates his statements.

Orsin Only:
Rumor is the Aranxi family heads the Council of Thieves and there's political turmoil brewing there," she chuckles, "much like the nobles." In a reflective manner, "Patience Orsin, we are just scratching the surface of finding REAL answers. Who knows what lies in the Westcrown sewers.She mentions the sewers figuratively, not literally. "One thing we know is the Grulios and Missepi families are solidly on the righteous side, we must continue to push on. Residents know who the good folks are they need inspiration, they are finding that with those two noble houses and with the brotherhood's deeds. The group's fame is rising and we are recruiting more and more everyday, it's not time to hide ourselves." She smiles, "People want to believe, they need heroes they can get behind."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Andrea shakes her head. Duncan is with the others I believe. I haven't seen them since this morning.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

If Fiosa is around when the group arrives, Andrea will also just sit holding hands with her and quietly whispering in Halfling, the good of her cloak dipped close to hide their words.


Evil GM

DM Only:
40% lower Fiosa is not present: 1d100 ⇒ 50

Fiosa does show up eventually to the safehouse, there are other members of the brotherhood there too.

Areal, Janiven, Ailyn Ghontasavos and others are there. They have the crux set up in a work room and they are debating how to open the item.


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Faelyn returns to the safehouse being careful to escape detection (casts vanish before the last few blocks). When he arrives, he greets Andrea and Fiosa and asks how they are doing. He then checks with Orsin. Seeing the group discuss the crux, Faelyn addresses Janiven, I spoke to my master, Talbard. He said he was willing to help us, but he would have to see the crux to find the spell needed.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Don't seem to be much more to go on. We should take the blood fer Faelyn an head back. Pretty sure they wanna open that crux thing.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18
Faelyn Sindrel wrote:
Faelyn returns to the safehouse being careful to escape detection (casts vanish before the last few blocks). When he arrives, he greets Andrea and Fiosa and asks how they are doing. He then checks with Orsin. Seeing the group discuss the crux, Faelyn addresses Janiven, I spoke to my master, Talbard. He said he was willing to help us, but he would have to see the crux to find the spell needed.

Tired mentally. I feel run ragged from yesterday.

Andrea will eventually go over to where the Crux is laid and begin studying it, casting Detect Magic and Guidance on herself

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

Derpo! This looks like a dice! Ohhhh! pretty colors! Durf!

Unfortunately, Andrea's distraught thoughts do not allow her to focus properly. The potential for losing everything wearing down her abilities.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

"We should talk to the dock master first and see if he knows which ship was theirs so we know who our enemy is first."


Evil GM

Those on the docks can find the dockmaster's office easy enough. There are several people in the office, a homely looking woman missing several teeth is at the front desk, while there are two men looking over lists behind her. There is a visible office attached to the reception area and gruff man's voice can be heard coming from the room.


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Let me take a look too Andrea.

Perception (checking for traps or a switch/lock): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25

Take 20 on each if able


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Glittering tears cascade down Andrea's face, blocking her magical sight as she clasps a hand to her bosom and bites her finger. ;)


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Andrea...are you alright? Faelyn puts his hand on her shoulder to comfort her. We will get all of this worked out.


Evil GM

Ailyn Ghontasavos tells the group that she, areal and Janiven have tried to open the Chelish Crux - unsucessfully. That she knows you get eight attempts. "The three of us have all had a go at it and couldn't open it." She goes and to explain,

"A Chelish crux is similar to a bag of holding in that its interior space is larger than its exterior would suggest. When closed, a Chelish crux looks like a wooden and metal dodecahedron (similar in shape to a d12) and that it measures about 6 inches in diameter. Each face of the crux is carved with a different rune or image—in order to open the puzzle box, a person must trace the outlines of these runes and images with the
tip of a finger in the proper order. Each time a rune is triggered in the correct order in this manner, it glows with a soft red light, but whenever a rune is triggered out of order, the light flashes into
fire and inflicts fire damage."
2 points of fire damage per currently lit rune on the person attempting to open the crux (Reflex DC 15 halves) "and causes all lit faces to deactivate (forcing the process of opening it to start anew). Failure to open a crux eight times in a row causes the combination of runes to randomize to a new combination."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

So do you have any information that can help from your attempts? I am afraid I can't figure this out by looking at the aura. Perhaps Faelyn can figure out more? My studies of magic are somewhat limited.


Evil GM

"yes, it scrambles after the eighth attempt for a new combination."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Well I have a prayer that can help protect against fire, and we have plenty of healers. Faelyn, I have heard that wizards can increase their intellect through magic, much like I can increase my insightOwl's Wisdom. Can you use such magic?


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"G'day to you all. We were wondering if we could ask ya'll about ships that departed from port last night? We had a friend that was planning to ship out last night, but she forgot to tell us the name of the ship."

bluff 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16


Evil GM

The office clerk looks up and a bit of spittle leaks from an area a tooth should be. The two men perusing the lists nod to one another. One of the men answers, "Lu'kin' fer..." his left eye twitches as a snorts up something running from his nose, "could be..wez can hel' fer a price."


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

"What have we learned of the sequence so far from your three attempts?" Orsin asks. "And we should bare in mind that there are only five attempts remaining assuming that the Crux was not already in the middle of a previously and partially attempted crack at the current configuration."

See, Orsin can be smart two!


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"Well then, friends, what sort of price are you thinking of?"


Evil GM

One of the men clearly is thinking about a price in flesh, while the other contemplate cold coin. "A nahms ye luu'in fer...or tis it a ship?"


Evil GM

"T'urdy silvers and t'ree golds" the woman chimes in.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"Looking for the name of the ships that left last night." Lucrezia lays their asking price upon the desk, but keeps her hand over it, waiting for the names.


Evil GM

"Midn't Rose set sail one of da two Mezinas ships in port." she responds.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Duncan glares at the man giving Lucrezia the lewd stare.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Lucrezia take her hand off the little pile of gold and silver. "Any others leave?"


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Andrea ponders the Crux some more. There is the blessing of Ancestrial Communion...but I doubt they would want to talk to me. Channel Vigor? Possible, but better on Faelyn than me. Sigh..

Excellent time for Orsin and his Pathfinder books.


Evil GM
Lucrezia Villanova wrote:
Lucrezia take her hand off the little pile of gold and silver. "Any others leave?"

"maybe from some udder docks...nun udder from dese docks." She responds.

The man with the wandering eyes lingers over Lucrezia. He sneers when the dwarf looks at him.


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Faelyn continues to look at the crux.

Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26


Evil GM

Andrea you can see on the table are several books opened. They were in front of Ailyn. Orsin you immediately recognize these as Pathfinder books.


Evil GM

Faelyn you figure someone could smash it open but that would probably trigger some nasty effect. You, also, think it will take several disable device rolls to the runes in order.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

"I don't think the Pathfinders are gonna be of much help with this one, Andrea. Unless our very own in the flesh has something to offer?" he asks Ailyn.

Also, Orsin asked earlier if they had make any luck with getting the beginning of the correct sequence.


Evil GM

Ailyn says, "Chelish Cruxes are complex, they are puzzle traps that guard valuable items. We can spend weeks trying to blindly stumble on the combination." Boy Tweaker would have been handy right about now.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

"Not just weeks, but months really," Orsin corrects. "If there are twelve characters, but only one correct sequence, then we're looking at...twelve by eleven by ten...we're looking at...four hundred, seventy-nine million...one thousand and six hundred potential permutations."

Orsin had sorted out these calculations before, so he's bluffing to make it seem like he's a genius to Ailyn the Pathfinder.

Bluff: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21


Evil GM

She cocks her head, "I was being an optimist rather than a buzz kill,' a faint smile on her face.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Looks like we will need to wait for Lucrezia. Unless we want to pay a great deal of money for divining the sequence. Hmm..We could prepare auguries in the morning and try it. A crude method to be sure but if we puzzle out which to use first it will spare us some nasty burns.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"Thanks for your time." If neither John nor Duncan have any questions to add, they'll take their leave.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Aye! We be done wit ye!

Duncan follows her out

Sorry for short posts. On a safety course

8,251 to 8,300 of 25,179 << first < prev | 161 | 162 | 163 | 164 | 165 | 166 | 167 | 168 | 169 | 170 | 171 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.