Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


8,201 to 8,250 of 25,177 << first < prev | 160 | 161 | 162 | 163 | 164 | 165 | 166 | 167 | 168 | 169 | 170 | next > last >>

Evil GM

John and Lucrezia when you arrive a the Grotto it's a usual day there. It is hopping with business and activity. Silas will mention that "Not seen th' spunky firebolt since yes'day, done missed 'er shift too".

The docks are busy and there are not traces of the portable hole. there are some dried blood stains on the docks where the battle occurred. There is no sight of Sunny on the ground where the battle occurred. The two ships from last night are no longer in port.

Are you going to try to get onto the rooftops?


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Do we know that she was up on the rooftops?


Evil GM
Lucrezia Villanova wrote:
Do we know that she was up on the rooftops?

My recollection is she did not tell anyone that, although I will say you know things were being thrown from above especially after the fog cloud lifted. So you could surmise that information.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Ok, consider it surmised then.

Lucrezia will look around for a good way to get up on the nearby rooftops.

perception 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Duncan had arrived with John and accompanied them to look for Sunny.
He follows Lucrezia to the roof.
Girl, shoulda bolted if she was smart.

Survival:Track1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20


Evil GM

Lucrezia at the rear of the building you see a fire escape/access ladder that you can use to get on the building. Duncan you see at the end of ladder there is lot of footprints, some look muddied or bloodied, to your eye.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"Well, someone was up here, that's for sure."

Lucrezia scans about the rooftop looking for any sign of a body.

perception 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18
survival/tracking 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Faelyn walks through the front door of Talbard's shop. Good morning master. I need some information if you can give it. He looks around to make sure the shop is empty. Do you have any knowledge of a powerful human evoker that might be involved in the war of the houses? He pulls a book of spells from the evocation shelf and starts thumbing through it. I have met some people and gotten involved in a little bit of a mess.

Did Arael clear me to ask for Talbard's help to open the Crux?


Evil GM

Lucrezia and Duncan you each know you should check the roof but it looks like something was tossed on the ground from the roof. You see parts of burlap stained nearby on the cobblestone.


H, NPC Wizard

Yes, Areal would have cleared you to ask for assistance.

Talbard throws his hand up in the air over his shoulders, "Son what do you consider powerful? His bifocals balancing over his long crooked nose. "39% of the wizard's in this city practice the evocation school, you need to be more specific" a short pause, "breathe...remember precision is everything."


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Faelyn describes the evoker to the best of his ability. I knew it was a shot in the dark... He continues to look through the book. The group I am working with needs help opening some type of crux. I have not seen it so I can not describe it. Can we bring it here master?


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Andrea will eventually head to the Safehouse after work.and throught he miracle of happenstance, arrive at the same time everyone else does! ;)


H, NPC Wizard

"So what is it...focus...do you want learn about the evoker or the crux?" The master eyes the nearby yardstick. He's not too old for a good knuckle whack. He slowly pushes his bifocals up his nose. "Work through your thoughts what do your recall about the spellcaster...what spells were casts? With that we can begin to learn his capabilities and power, then perhaps that will lead us somewhere" His eyes widen, "Where did the encounter occur?"


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"Hmmm...perhaps someone has already made off with her body?"


Evil GM

When you climb the roof you can see it is flat with a slight slant for water and snow drainage. After walking around you can see an area near the front corner edge that has dried blood. There is an arrow head nearby but no body.


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

At the docks. He had a ring of freedom of movement. He was able to cast spells silently. I know he cast mirror image, fog cloud, and fireball. He also summoned a swarm of bats. He was in the crows nest of a ship so he probably cast fly...


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

He also went invisible...


H, NPC Wizard

<Snort> His hand fumbles in one of his many pockets, he produces an off white and yellowing linen cloth to blow his crooked nose. "Well that doesn't sound overly powerful, lad." He wheezes a bit and blows again, taking a moment to examine the contents of the handkerchief. "So he cast mirror image...a simple illusion spell of the second tier." He takes a deep breath and continues, "fog cloud...another basic battle field spell, a conjuration spell of the second tier. He shakes his head. "fireball you say...a more powerful spell 3rd tier and an evocation spell. Then a swarm of bats, hmmmm...another conjuration spell of second tier." He ponders the situation, "Are you sure he had the ring of freedom of movement or could it have been the spell both are common enough, but the spell is an abjuration, and it is 4th tier in knowledge."

He pulls on his thinning white beard, curling stray strands with his fingers. "He or she sounds like a lower mid-level caster...similar to yourself...perhaps a bit more knowledgeable. Unless he was saving his better stuff. Maybe a conjurer...could be an evoker...the making of a battlemage."


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

About what I figured. Have we sold a Freedom Of Movement ring to your knowledge? Another shot in the dark, but I could track sales records.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

DM Only:

After everything's that happened, Orsin grabs the parchment papers from his writing desk and tosses them into the tiny furnace that heats his room. He removes his shirt and tosses the tattered garment into the furnace as well. He changes into one of Thisbane's expertly-tailored shirts and doublets, then sets his longsword back into his sheathe. He washes his face in a nearby basin before setting his hair straight and smoothing out the wrinkles in his clothes. He removes the last bits of uncleanliness with a wet rag and the Chelish diva appears to be the picture of perfectly polished health.

Orsin strikes out into the streets of Westcrown, eyes somewhat hooded in shadow as a dark smile playing across his face. He absentmindedly hums a new little song as he goes.

Baldwin, what day/time is it after Orsin leaves his apartment?


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

"I can not think of what would be better for her, to have died here or to have been taken prisoner and tortured for information. We should have a divination dne to find what became of her."


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15
John Deos wrote:
"I can not think of what would be better for her, to have died here or to have been taken prisoner and tortured for information. We should have a divination dne to find what became of her."

I have this spell: Blood Biography


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12
Faelyn Sindrel wrote:
John Deos wrote:
"I can not think of what would be better for her, to have died here or to have been taken prisoner and tortured for information. We should have a divination dne to find what became of her."
I have this spell: Blood Biography

There is also the spell talk with dead, but i though it would be to cold for John to say that at least she knew nothing of the group.


H, NPC Wizard

"Its been a while since we've dealt a ring of freedom." He appears to be meditating. "Lots of wizards for hire...could be a house wizard or a sample mercenary." He shakes his head, "lots of commerce and people come and go but I can ask around...cast a divination spell."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Oh comon. John is Judge Dredd. :) "Perp didn't move out of the line of fire! To Resyc!"


Evil GM

orsin:
Actually when you finish the book and clean-up in ti slate in the afternoon.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Andrea remains ignorant of the fate of the happy-bouncy ninja, lost in trying to arrange her thoughts by lining up bits of metal and paper and humming softly.


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15
John Deos wrote:
Faelyn Sindrel wrote:
John Deos wrote:
"I can not think of what would be better for her, to have died here or to have been taken prisoner and tortured for information. We should have a divination dne to find what became of her."
I have this spell: Blood Biography
There is also the spell talk with dead, but i though it would be to cold for John to say that at least she knew nothing of the group.

Need a body for that spell


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

I will return to the site and see if I can find something to use divination on. How good are you at opening Cruxes?


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

I ain't got no divinations but definitely Andrea or Maybe Faelyn would know one. We'd need a focus. Either something that belongs to her or some blood.

Duncan moves and grabs the arrowhead.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

"She was living at the grotto, and was close to one of the girls there, so finding a focus shouldn't be a problem. We do need to find out what happened, if she is still alive we will need to get her."

Looks like they have it.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin swings by The Westcrown Exchange House in the hopes of seeing Andrea and checking in with Gerald.

Upon arrival, he gives Gerald a pregnant nod, indicating that the bard's contingency plans are no longer needed. He then scans the room for Andrea.

Ya still there, Annie?


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

I guess so.

Andrea is sitting at her area, counting through coins, filling paperwork and other bueracracy work. She is dressed drably today; a plain dress and just a touch of make-up.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Baldwin said to RP amongst ourselves and I figured you'd still be at work, I hope you don't mind!

Orsin swaggers over to Andrea's workspace.

"Everything alright, luv?" he asks. He leans forward on the counter, shamelessly flexing a massive bicep that strains under the fabric of his doublet.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Andrea gives a faint smile as you flirt. I am fine, considering the drubbing we received. Andrea doesn't really seem to be her usual confidant, flirty self from the last few days.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

"Listen," he says gravely, changing tact. "I know that you'll be closing up soon with sundown fast-approaching, but there's something pretty serious that I need to talk to you about. Would you mind if I walked you home or back to the safehouse?"


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

I was planning on heading to our special place after work, so I would enjoy the company. I jut need to finish some things and then I can get ready.

Andrea will start finishing up her current work in prepertation for leaving and then shut down her station.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin waits politely for Andrea to finish her duties at the bank before escorting her to the safehouse. After a long stretch of silence, he asks, "Do you have any family where you're from?"


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

A mother. Andrea answers quietly, not really giving any other information other than those two words.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin gives her reply some thought before continuing.

"I wish I knew my mother," he says, sighing. "I don't know if she or my father are alive or dead. As a child, I would stay up at night wondering what they looked like, what they smelled like...whether I have any brothers or sisters, why they abandoned me. Things like that."

He only pauses briefly before continuing.

"I abandoned the promising career I had in Egorian because the only real family I had was murdered here. I came to Westcrown seeking vengeance."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Andrea nods. I can understand how abandonment can harm a relationship. Being abandoned, abandoning others, the dissapointment both sides must feel. I myself ambeginning to believe that like you, I have little more than vengance left.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

"I wanted to talk to you because I'm not going to be able to stay in Westcrown much longer. I've got pressing matters that require my attention outside of the city and my work with the Children of Westcrown has distracted me from my true purpose. I'll stay as long as I can, but I have to justice before I leave. Problem is, those responsible for my friend's--no, my brother's murder, operate in the higher strata of the social structure and they're hard to get at, let alone identify. I need help."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Andrea listens silently. I won't press you on why you need to leave. It will be unfortunate since you have been a good comrade. As for who killed your brother, what clues do you have? I unfortunatly cannot yet cast the divinations that can give better answers such as identifying who you seek.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin explains Gregorio's story to Andrea at length.

A Long and Troubled Tale:

"Perhaps I should give you the whole story...

Gregorio Ardiavinci was a boy I grew up with an orphanage in Kintargo. I didn't have any friends besides him, but before I met him I was very reserved, very quiet. He brought me out of my shell, I suppose, but he also got me into a lot of trouble. When the Kintargo Opera came to snatch up fresh young talent, it was his idea that we audition. We were taken on as stage hands and were told to audition for the company a few years later when our voices had matured, but that day never came. We practiced together in secret and one night, we just got our big break, I don't even know how it happened, really. Perhaps Shelyn was smiling on us.

"After that, we became a sort of 'partner act' and we sang countless roles together. We'd play the impish manservants of the archdevils, rival suitors, drunken Andoren infantry. Gregorio made the mistake of letting our good fortune go to his head...and I made the mistake of not noticing soon enough. He was soon mixed up in pesh, missing rehearsals, and eventually performances. I started to perform without him and his contract with the Kintargo Opera Company was broken. He left for Westcrown and I moved to the capital to sing at the Royal Egorian Opera.

"Just before I moved here, I received a letter from Gerald, saying that Gregorio had passed away and that he had left the contents of his account to me. Thus far this is what I've found out: Gregorio Ardiavinci was scraping by, doing gigs in the smaller theaters. He was then approached by someone, I don't know who, to perform a play from the canon of the Theatre Mortressci; the same tradition of plays that brought us the The Six Trials of Lazarod. He was murdered on the stage for the amusement of some sick nobles, likely the Aranxi or the Drovenge from what I've surmised, who have the gall to torture and kill a singer and call it art."


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

"I came to you about this not just because I trust you the most, but because I've seen the way you are with the nobility. You and I know how to act around them, to tell them what they want to hear, and among them are Gregorio's killer, perhaps even killers. Do you think I should tell the others about this? There's so much on our plate at the moment and I wish I could handle this by myself, but my failure of the last couple months to get my vengeance is proof that I can't."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

The Drovenges? I have heard they are one of the, if not most powerful family in Westcrown. If Gregorio's killer is amongst them, I don't know if we can do anything. Andrea sighs. If you wish to confide with the others, I encourage it, even though we are perhaps the only ones who have any experiance with speaking the language.

When can this be settled? I don't really know. There is still that entire buisness with the Chelish Crux and Delhaven.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

"To say nothing of the matter with the Grulios family. As I was saying, we have so much on our plate and I don't know how much time I have left. I want my vengeance, but perhaps I should consider putting the needs of the city first and pray that Gregorio's killers get their comeuppance."

Orsin's words seem empty as he clenches a white-knuckled fist around the hilt of his longsword. He sighs after a moment and shakes his head, before turning to look at Andrea.

"You didn't really give me much of an answer earlier, so I should ask again: How are you doing?"


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Well..I do remember Henk of the Red Knives is in the employ of the Drovanges. I have no idea if he has any knowledge of what happened to your brother though.

Andrea pauses. I am not feeling very well. So much stress has piled up and now it seems that that the Hellknights are taking a very unwelcome interest in us from what they said back at The Grotto. We need to show less of ourselves, get back to masks and shapeless clothes when we do things like that blasted dock mission.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

"Agreed. Our notoriety has been a curse as much as it has been, and perhaps even more than, a blessing. As for the matter with Gregorio's killer, I'll do a bit more digging on my own and when I have something solid, I'll let the others know if they can help. Thank you again, Andrea. More than anybody else I've met since coming here, you've been a true friend."

Orsin closes in to give Andrea a warm, double-armed side-hug. He wishes he could do more to dissolve her anxiety, but hopes for now that a simple embrace will at least help.

8,201 to 8,250 of 25,177 << first < prev | 160 | 161 | 162 | 163 | 164 | 165 | 166 | 167 | 168 | 169 | 170 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.