Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


8,151 to 8,200 of 26,346 << first < prev | 159 | 160 | 161 | 162 | 163 | 164 | 165 | 166 | 167 | 168 | 169 | next > last >>

Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Well getting fireballed is a perfect cure.

Please don't say toasty. Andrea gets out of her armor and spends some time just holding Fiosa, leaning her forehead against her lover's and having a worried expression on her face while whispering softly in halfing.

Should we keep watches? Andrea asks before settling under a blanket.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

John will remove his armor and get into one of the cots.
"I don't see a reason to keep watch."


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5
Andrea1 wrote:
Orsino 'Orsin' Bessatte wrote:
Andrea, have we sold off everything we need to, besides the books?
We have, but will you be selling those books once you are done? Otherwise we will need to subtract it from the gold we have.

Yeah, we can sell them the day after tomorrow. Did we still have that +1 defending longsword to sell towards the purchase of upgrading Orsin to a +2 weapon?


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Faelyn pulls a baggy and a small set of papers out of his pocket. He tears the cabble-weed into small pieces and rolls them up. He sits down on the floor and leans back against the wall. He lights the handmade cigarette with a small tinderbox and then inhales deeply.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19
Orsino 'Orsin' Bessatte wrote:
Andrea1 wrote:
Orsino 'Orsin' Bessatte wrote:
Andrea, have we sold off everything we need to, besides the books?
We have, but will you be selling those books once you are done? Otherwise we will need to subtract it from the gold we have.
Yeah, we can sell them the day after tomorrow. Did we still have that +1 defending longsword to sell towards the purchase of upgrading Orsin to a +2 weapon?

I believe that was sold and the gold divided.


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Orsin...this always helps my concentration. He smiles as he holds out the cigarette for Orsin to take.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin audibly scoffs at Faelyn's offer, then attempts to clear his throat in a clumsy attempt to cover it up. He politely declines, saying, "Thank you, but it would be unwise for me to endanger my voice with inha..." Orsin pauses for a moment before sighing. You may be dead or struck dumb tomorrow, may as well live a little. "What the hell, why not?"

Orsin warmly accepts the cigarette and takes his first drag.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea eventually falls asleep. Occasionally, her face turns sorrowful or afraid and tears trickle from her eyes as she mumbles in different languages.Common,Infernal,Halfling.


Male Dwarf Warrior 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Everybody git some rest. Hopefully we learned our lesson today an won't be making the same mistakes.

Duncan heads to his room, bidding Brian and the kids goodnight.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

I speak all three of those! Care to share?

Orsin eventually nods off, the book on Andoren philosophy lying on his chest.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Lucrezia has trouble drifting off to sleep as she ponders whether she should quit her just or still work, but find another place to sleep for the night. She doesn't really want to be endangering not only Orn, but all the girls that work at the Grotto.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Mixed Languages No..Sorryy..Please..Sorry..mother. My Oasis..thank you..please..no..be okay..goddess.Gagging noises.Let her stay..with us. Breathe..stupid dwarf..Sobbing


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin sleeps as well as can be expected, between Andrea's cries and his own nightmares about Gregorio, the Six-Fold Trial, and the Librum Malfactum.

The following morning Orsin inquires with Grumm about a +1 agile breastplate (1,400 gp), looking to sell his own +1 chain shirt (sell back value, 550 gp) and pay off the difference in exchange.

Woo! Costume proficiency!

I'd be willing to wait for a commission too if he could manage to do the armor in black with gold filigree.


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Faelyn sits quietly in a cloud of smoke as the weed numbs his stress. Before he has the chance to offer some to the others, he notices they have all fallen asleep. He reflects on the day as he slowly fades away himself into a deep sleep dreaming about the battle with the evoker.


Evil GM

Gruum is off on an errand out of Westcrown. He is not expected back for a couple weeks. This was the backstory line I did when Duncan stepped out of the game. It was why he left the party.

Brian is finishing up a masterwork breastplate and tells you "need to get the spellcaster in shop to cast the spells +1 agile breastplate, it'll be this afternoon. His eyes go up when you mention black...shaking his head in disbelief, "That'll take a while this'll serve you till then."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Be off to work soon, will check in when I can.

In the morning Andrea prays quietly in the backyard for an hour befor eheading out. I am returning home for a while. I'll meet everyone back at the clubhouse later if that is acceptable.

Andrea will then briefly stop at home to drop her things off and then head out to work for the day.


Evil GM

Who is going to introduce Faelyn to the Areal, Janiven and show him to the clubhouse?


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

[ooc] Duncan can do it! :)[ooc]


Evil GM

Orsin when you wake you have a sense of foreboding inside but there is excitement too, you know you that by tomorrow night you need to finish your task. Two moons to complete your goal, two moons to determine your fate.

Orsin Only:
Are you going to key anyone in on what is about to happen?If not, you should at least provide an address to someone who can go look for you, if say...you don't show up? Or perhaps, leave a note behind.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Just a little add-in

Duncan, why don't you go introduce Faelyn toJanivan? Faelyn, Janivan is the head of an orginization of concerned citizens that seek to improve life in Westcrown. Quite the lady, one who gets right in and solves problems.


Male Dwarf Warrior 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Duncan woke with his usual surliness. Awright. Alright. Let a dwarf wake up and work the kinks out a bit.

He gets moving, tides up his beard and armor's up.
Come on elf, let's go see the rest o the family.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Lucrezia sighs. "Well, I guess I'll run by the Grotto right quick to gather up some stuff and to see if anything interesting has happened there in our absence. Like anyone coming by to look for us or anything. Then I'll see about trying to sneak about and find a decent place to stay for a bit."

Know local to find an apartment? 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
Perception to look for anyone trying to follow or looking suspicious 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (14) + 15 = 29
Stealth to make sure I'm not trailed while looking 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 34
And I can't be tracked since I'm in my favored community.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

DM Only:
Orsin slips out discreetly, heading towards the exchange house in the morning light. He lets Gerald know that if he doesn't come back in by week's end, that he likely won't be coming back again. Orsin requests that Gerald use the money in his account to purchase the freedom of a Tien slave at the Mermaid's Grotto named Shu Lien. Gerald can keep the rest. After making the arrangements, Orsin heads back to his apartment to read the final volume.


Evil GM

Orsin only:
You are enthralled with the book as your turn page by page digesting the knowledge. Until you get to the last page of the book, you sense it is the time for your fate to be decided. You can roll a 3 sided dice: 1 = blinded path, 2 = success, 3 = your paying for the sin of #2. Did you leave a note for anyone in the apartment?


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

DM Only:
I'm so nervous now! Damn you Halloween impulsiveness! Lol, I can bring someone new in if Orsin becomes unplayable right?

Befiore reading the final page, Orsin sets out two pieces of parchment: one to be a farewell note and another left blank should he be struck dead or dumb. Perhaps it will become a suicide note.

He transcribes as much of the dark spirit ballad onto the farewell note as he can with a simple epitaph written in Azlanti at the bottom: "The choice was mine to make. Do not let my death be in vain. Forgive me, Gregorio."

Orsin unsheathes his blade, casts heroism on himself, and readies his sword as he reads the final page, singing to inspire courage as he does. His voice shakes as his eyes approach the last word.

Dice roller don't fail me now: 1d3 ⇒ 1


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Faelyn smiles at the Dwarf. If improving life in Westcrown involves taking out that human evoker, count me in.

Faelyn follows the dwarf while keeping an eye out for people following them. I have definitely gotten myself into the frying pan with this group.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

DM Only:

...well f*ck.


Evil GM

Orsin Only:
LMFAO...you can absolutely bring in a new character. At least you are not dead...only deaf, mute and blind. Look on the bright side you you still have you good looks. I'm sure Alphonse will employ you...don't need to be hear, speak or see to be stud in his corral.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

DM Only:

I know it's my fault, but you don't have to enjoy it so much. ;)

Any suggestions for what to do with Orsin next, besides the aforementioned job as a sex worker? It's not that it's a terrible idea, but I don't want him to be a burden on anybody, but suicide is too bleak unless it's somewhat valiant.


NPC, H/Elf

Faelyn Duncan leads you through the old temple district. You know that the temples are boarded up since the proclamation of Asomdeus as the sole religion in the city. It is, also, common knowledge that the law has harsh punishments for the defacement and looting temples - a bit of a quirk in the law that remains from before the Thrune rule - so these temples remain in limbo. Although the government does not tend to the old temples, nor do the nobles pay for upkeep, so they are largely ignored.

He leads you to an old shrine to Aroden, "the safehouse", and when you arrive through a back door you see several people inside. You did notice the building had boarded up windows allowing very little light inside or out.

A half-elf by the name of Areal and his human friend, Janiven, are in the kitchen giving an update of sorts to several others. They stop their conversation when Duncan leads you inside.

"Hello Duncan, good to see you and your ...friend? Areal says pleasantly.

While the human stares at you and smiles, You've seen her in your shop before you know her as Janiven. She talks to your mentor/boss a lot.


Evil GM

Orsin Only:
I liked your character too dang it. I liked his back-story with the murder play, hate to let that die out without resolution. Andrea and Duncan need to know...Andrea has a high level cleric Alister McHuffin...miracle or some immortal being?


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

DM Only:

Well, I have a crazy idea if you're willing to consider it: Is it possible that I can make a bargain with the spirit naga that cursed me in the first place? Or perhaps my performance as Lazarod has attracted the attention of an archdevil or other infernal power?

Orsin is just as likely to dig himself a deeper hole to get out of his current situation. Perhaps even with the other party members none the wiser! Plus, I still have to avenge my dead best bro.


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Faelyn turns on the gamblers charm. With a slight bow Well met. I am Faelyn Sindrel. Janiven, I think I have met you before at Talbard's. He offers his hand to Arael.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

..Does it really have to be this way? Fiosa asked with a face crumpled in sadness. You were just intimidated by the Hellknights, there isn't any proof that it would happen.

Andrea held Fiosa's hands as they sat in their apartment. I know that there is no proof, no hard proof. Andrea's face was just as mournful as Fiosa's. Can we really take that chance though? We've attracted attention. We've been told that they have made note of us, where we liked to eat, and all it would take is someone or something following us home. That little glyph won't stop them. It won't stop those who would really want to hurt her.

Fiosa was silent and then nodded. Yes. I know what it can be like in Westcrown for those who try to fight against those in power. I...I'll see if I can talk with those who helped halfing slaves before if they can make sure Emily can be taken somewhere safer.

Andrea's breath caught in her throat and tears trickled down her face as her dream faded away, but it seemed that doing the right thing means that at times you have to give up your dreams..


Evil GM

Orsin Only:
Check your PMs


Male Dwarf Warrior 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Yeah, thought ye lot should met. This ere's Faelyn, seems he ain't fond o some people we ain't to fond of. Ye should talk. He's a pretty skilled wizard from what I seen so far. Came with us on the Grulious job and saved our asses.

Duncan sits down after the brief introduction. He wasn't in charge, so he'd let those that were make the decision.


NPC, H/Elf

Areal nods at Duncan, "How did the Grulios job go? I heard the Dottari High Warden, Duxotar Iltus Mhartis, issued an arrest warrant for Shinon...nearly caught him when he left the estate. Shinon and the guards had to fight their way back inside. The Grulios' have sent envoys to discuss the matter but so far, it's on deaf ears. Meanwhile, the Missepi's were assualt last night but those damn traps Tweaker put up worked like a charm." He pauses and goes over to the coffee pot and pours another cup, "Care for a cup," he asks "The Missepi's are extracting information from a survivor or two, or so I hear."

He turns his attention to Faelyn, "Talbard is an old frien...welcome to the our little group. We are the Brotherhood of Westcrown." You've heard of the group, they eradicated the Bastard's of Erebus, saved a merchant and few other deeds.

"We are not here to openly revolt but simply to end corruption and give the people back the nights... again." He motions to the large temple, "This is the safehouse...we have an extra room if you need a place to bunk." Look at the campaign thread for various members of the group.


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Faelyn accepts a cup of coffee. I could definitely use a place to stay. I have been sleeping in the basement at Talbard's. He takes a sip of the coffee. It would be nice to see an end to the corruption. Local businesses like Talbard's struggle because of the fear of danger after dark. I will help your cause any way I can.


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Speaking of Lady Grulios...what is her assistant's story...the elven lass...I think her name is Chelsi? Faelyn switches to his poker face trying to not give away his attraction to the elf.


NPC, H/Elf

"Lady Chelsi is Lady Grulios' personal adviser. I believe she had a romantic interest with Shinon but I'm not sure of that status." He cheerfully smiles.


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

What is the group's most pressing issue Arael? How can I assist?


NPC, H/Elf

"The most pressing issue is getting the Chelish Crux opened is out highest priority now." He looks over at Duncan, "Care to gather the group here later today to see if we can get it opened."


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Do you think my mentor Talbard could help? I need to run by the store to pick up some of my personal items and a scroll. I could bring him back if you trust him.


Male Dwarf Warrior 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Duncan hops up. I see whose still at the smithy. Short legs may take a bit to roundeverybody. Unless faelyn has a spell fer reaching them faster.

He waits to see if the elf offers a response. If not he'll borrow a horse and head to Grumm's. Maybe Orsin was still about.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea will eventually get her face washed and some fresh make-up applied before heading out to work. Her clothing is drab today, blending into the masses as she quietly walks along.

I need to get something like what I wore when I first got involved in all of this. A hood or mask, shapeless clothing and gloves to hide anything that can be used to identify me.

Arriving at her work station, Andrea sighs and pulls out her scales and sheets and begins her routine.


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Unfortunately, I did not memorize my mount spell today Duncan.

Faelyn will await Arael's response and then head to Talbard's shop to get some things and possibly ask for help.

He keeps an eye out for followers. I will need to keep my guard up. The gauntlet has been laid between me and that evoker. He will come for me. Good thing I have met some companions.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

After Lucrezia manages to secure herself a place to stay at under a fake name, Lucrezia will head back to the Grotto to work her shift.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

When John wakes up he will head to the grotto to see if Sunny ended up going there. When he does notfind her there he will return to the battle site to see if he can find any trace.
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22


Male Dwarf Warrior 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Duncan manages to catch John on his way to the Grotto. Having been unable to find anyone still at the smithy.
After finding out John's plans: Ye Dolt! Yer nae goin without me ta watch yer back. Big an clanking about like that any stealth rat'll knife ye afore ye find anything.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea continues to work until it is time for lunch and joins Fiosa and Emily when they arrive at the Exchange. They don't head to the Grotto, but to the small eatery Fiosa took Andrea to after Andrea had sent off her final package to her mother.

There was little talk as they ate, Andrea asked Emily about her day and smiled at how quickly Emily was learning her lessons.

She will become a fine woman. I must be sure to give her my blessing when the time comes, and tell her to be strong and cunning.

All to soon their meal ended and Andrea kissed Emily's forehead and then Fiosa's lips before seeing them off and heading back to finish her day.

8,151 to 8,200 of 26,346 << first < prev | 159 | 160 | 161 | 162 | 163 | 164 | 165 | 166 | 167 | 168 | 169 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.