Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


8,101 to 8,150 of 25,159 << first < prev | 158 | 159 | 160 | 161 | 162 | 163 | 164 | 165 | 166 | 167 | 168 | next > last >>

Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Enlarged. +2Str, -2 Dex, -1 Attack,AC, reach

DDuncan roars as the alchemist fire his him, but he keeps his composure and 1 hands his now large bastard sword at the shadow.
1 Hand, Large, DF, Str bonus, Inspired1d20 + 7 - 1 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 7 - 1 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 17
1 Hand Damage2d8 + 1 + 4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (6, 4) + 1 + 4 + 2 + 2 = 19


Evil GM

Here is an updated map.

Alley BATTLE


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15
Duncan Redhammer wrote:

Enlarged. +2Str, -2 Dex, -1 Attack,AC, reach

DDuncan roars as the alchemist fire his him, but he keeps his composure and 1 hands his now large bastard sword at the shadow.
1 Hand, Large, DF, Str bonus1d20+7-1+2+1
1 Hand Damage2d8+1+4+2

Did you add inspire courage from Orsin?


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Edited. Thx


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15
Duncan Redhammer wrote:
Edited. Thx

I think it is +2/+2. Is that right Orsin? And for large you get +1str to attack so the -1 for size is a wash (0) instead of -1. You may have done it this way and I am missing it.


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

[round 3]
Move back Fiosa.

If the Rat swarm is still up:

Faelyn 5 foots to J18 and cast color spray on Duncan and the swarm.
Color Spray
DC 17 Will Save or

DESCRIPTION
A vivid cone of clashing colors springs forth from your hand, causing creatures to become stunned, perhaps also blinded, and possibly knocking them unconscious. Each creature within the cone is affected according to its HD.

2 HD or less: The creature is unconscious, blinded, and stunned for 2d4 rounds, then blinded and stunned for 1d4 rounds, and then stunned for 1 round. (Only living creatures are knocked unconscious.)

3 or 4 HD: The creature is blinded and stunned for 1d4 rounds, then stunned for 1 round.

5 or more HD: The creature is stunned for 1 round.

Sightless creatures are not affected by color spray.

2d4 ⇒ (3, 3) = 6
1d4 ⇒ 3


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Yep, my inspire courage is +2 to attack rolls, weapon damage, and saves vs. fear.

For Round 2, Orsin moves to J16 and strikes the creature at K16 with his longsword, the light spell cast on the blade making it appear as a sword of righteousness in the dark.

PA Attack Roll: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 7 + 2 + 2 = 29

PA, AS, Damage Roll: 1d8 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 12 + 2 = 17


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Will save vs magic1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28

Aren't swarms immune to mind effecting?
Duncan shakes off the pretty colors
I meant fire ye dolt!


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15
Duncan Redhammer wrote:

Will save vs magic1d20+11

Aren't swarms immune to mind effecting?
Duncan shakes off the pretty colors
I meant fire ye dolt!

Vermin swarms, but not animal swarms with an intelligence score. I should have used it on the bats earlier. Doh! Dang nice damage (19) on the shadow beast.

Faelyn let's out a laugh. Duncan you look fabulous with multi colored hair. Don't you agree Orsin?

And 17 damage from Orsin. I am fighting with some melee beasts!


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

The first round john will attack the shadow with his longsword.
Attack with PA: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 1 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

Fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Round two John will strike the shadow if it is still there. if not he will drop his longsword and pull out his mace and attack the swarm.
Attack with PA: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 8 + 1 + 2 = 27
Damage: 1d8 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 2 = 13


Evil GM

John your first round attack, does half damage to the shadow, and it is finishes off the lesser shadow. Your second attack with the mace finishes off the rats. All the enemies are gone.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Let us get the heck out of here.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Looks like everything is dead, we need to get back to Grumm's


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"Yeah, before anything else can pop out of the darkness and attack."


Evil GM

The group presses on eventually nearing Gruums Smithy. Everyone can make a perception check.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

perception 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18


Evil GM

There are new pyrahje's (man-sized torches) near Gruum's Smithy entrance a leading down the street towards the nearby man road. Lieutenant Whatley Pinkerton followed through on his promise.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Well more light is good, people won't need to make mad dashes as much.

Andrea will let Duncan lead the way into the smithy.


Evil GM

When you get inside Gruum's, Brian is there he is teaching two of the rescued orphans proper heating temperatures in the furnace for the reduction process.

"ye keep da gloves on up to yer arm pits or ya won't have da skin anymore when ye do the reduction. It's da final, high-temperature step in smeltin'. Here's where the oxide becomes the element'l metal. A reducing environment requires to starve da air and dis pulls the final oxygen from da raw metal." He pauses briefly with the opening door seeing Duncan there. "Ye need temperature's at near 1250°C, 'bout 300 degrees below iron's melting point of 1538°C." His apprentices eyes widen, "Yeah, dat's hot to da core but it makes fine steel." He points a finger at each of the apprentice, "Ain't no game by da furnace bad injuries do occur."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Andrea's eyes glaze over some. Hello, don't mind us, we just need the back area. for a bit. Andrea heads over where they can have a private conversation.


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Faelyn follows Andrea to the back area and leans against the wall. Well...that was one hell of a day. I need to find some time to speak to my boss about the evoker. A wizard that powerful has to be well known in the wizarding community. It could provide us with a lead.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

DM Only:

Baldwin, is this the last night that I have to study the last Librum lest I be struck dead without question, or is that tomorrow night?


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Andrea slumps into a chair and holds her head in her hands. We got our asses handed to us. Easy money that wizard was that gnome we saw earlier.Did anyone get a good look at him? So now they know where we like to hang out. remember that Hellknight at the Grotto? I say we avoid that place and meet either at our special little place or change our spots for meeting. We could go to Orsin's next.


Evil GM

Orsin Only:
Tomorrow! You should consider hitting that keg that Gruum and Duncan keep pretty hard. You know...just in case. It's nighttime and the group should be sleeping at the Smithy's.


Evil GM

Faelyn Only:
The wizard was a human in appearance. Probably rules out the gnome.


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

I saw the caster. He was human. That doesn't rule out that he magically disguised himself though.

He thinks for a minute. Talbard's has a basement with a discreet entrance. He keeps an illusion on the door to appear as a wall in the back ally.

Baldwin Only:
Is it ok for me to use some creative licensing on the fly like this?


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

That sounds like a good idea. We need to start securing our places better as well. I placed a Glyph of Warding on my apartment's front door as well as the 'clubhouse'. I can do this for everyone's place when I get enough materials.


Evil GM

Faelyn:
Sure its your employer's shop. Add some details if you like.

Brian stops his lesson and tells the apprentices " git the bunks readee fer the guests. Then carve off some ham, a wheel of cheese and some bread 'dey must be 'ungry."


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

"Talbard's basement would be best. His inventory would even provide us with a magical arsenal of wands, scrolls, and potions should we find ourselves attacked."

Orsin looks at Faelyn sheepishly, "...which of course we'd pay for..."

The bard sighs heavily, learning his head against the wooden threshold of the backroom. "We need to coordinate our efforts better in the future; we all could have easily died back there. I almost did."


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Faelyn agrees with the bard Now that I have battled with you, I think I can learn some spells to enhance our combat. I made some huge tactical errors dropping my haste spell early and forgetting my color spray worked against intelligent swarms. What spells do you use that I should drop from my list?


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

We were too bunched up from what I saw which made us all crispy-fried when that wizard cut loose. The problem with magic is that one can never be certain what the other spellcaster can do until it is too late. So trying to account for everything is almost impossible unless you have a huge pile of scrolls or wands.


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

By the way, I have a game planned with Alphonse soon. It could be a chance to get info on the Hellknights. Would one of you like to go in as my "girlfriend"? Most players show up with one. It would be boring, but It would provide an extra set of eyes. Plus, the person could help me get him tanked. His lips loosen when he drinks.


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

As does his wallet. Faelyn smirks.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

I won't be going to The Grotto again. We have too much attention on us, those Hellknights were very interested in us and know that we like to relax/party there and I won't expose Tracy and the others to any threats that might be leveled against them to get to us. That is why I suggested we try to change around where we met up.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"I've still got some stuff at the Grotto and that's where my "day job" is and where I usually sleep. Do you think I'm in danger by continuing to stay there?"


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Andrea, have we sold off everything we need to, besides the books?


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Well you could still work there and sleep if you wish. You could sleep at my place although I only have the floor available. Plus there is the clubhouse.

The danger is that we've become well known and very routine in our lives. We were going around in hoods in the beginning and now we just walk on down the street. I say we just lay low. If we want to meet and socialize, we need to do it in a more private place.

To Lucrezia: Well you are known to live there effectively and if anyone decided to finish you off they would go there as the first thing.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18
Orsino 'Orsin' Bessatte wrote:
Andrea, have we sold off everything we need to, besides the books?

We have, but will you be selling those books once you are done? Otherwise we will need to subtract it from the gold we have.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"Hmmm, guess I should think about finding another place to at least sleep at. I'd hate be caught sleeping."

Lucrezia is obviously quite troubled by the thought of being killed in her sleep.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

That is an increasing danger if we start getting involved in a noble war. They have the money and power to hire assassins.


Evil GM

but you have Orn One-Tusk to protect you in the evening.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Nah..He would die heroicly trying to save Lucrezia. :p


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

And she would feel horrible if he got killed trying to defend her. :(

Edit: Ninja'd


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

There is always rope trick. Nothing like snuggling in an extradimentional space.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Andrea channels once more to heal anyone who needs to be healed.

Channel: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 4, 3) = 11 4/5 used

That is why Andrea is curbing her libedo, she doesn't want Tracy's head ending up on her bed in a 'Deal you can't refuse' thing.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5
Andrea1 wrote:

Andrea channels once more to heal anyone who needs to be healed.

[dice=Channel]3d6 4/5 used

Thanks, luv.

Faelyn: Our handy haversacks would disagree.

Orsin settles down on one of the bunks brought out by Grumm's little helpers and cracks open the book on Andoren philosophy. He doesn't want to arouse suspicion by reading the Librum Malfactum in front of the others, let alone expose them to whatever horrors it might unleash upon completion.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

I didn't think anything could curb Andrea's libido. :P

With a sigh, Lucrezia wiggles out of her armor and prepares to settle down and get some sleep for the night. "At least it's all nice and toasty warm in here."

8,101 to 8,150 of 25,159 << first < prev | 158 | 159 | 160 | 161 | 162 | 163 | 164 | 165 | 166 | 167 | 168 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.