Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


7,701 to 7,750 of 25,148 << first < prev | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | next > last >>

Evil GM

After a bit of planning it's time to get going towards the docks. Well, maybe time enough for one more mead or ale. As you head outside the streets are busy with town criers, merchants, workers and customers.

I will assuem the following marching order unless told otherwise:
duncan and John in row 1; Orsin and Faelyn in Row 2, Lucrezia and Andrea in Row 3; Sunny pulling up the rear (20 feet behind).


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Happy with that.


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15
Duncan Redhammer wrote:
Happy with that.

Agreed.

Faelyn's heading to battle theme music linky!


HP 27/ 30; Perc +3; Init +4; AC 20(21)Defensive:23

*Skippy, skip* (^_^)

EDIT:

Seeing Lucrezia glancing over her shoulder, Sunny simply dances and skips even more erratically. Twirling about and actively looking every where.

Acrobatics:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Perception:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

The order is fine with me and Lucrezia is keeping an eye for any signs of being followed.
perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13

edit: D'oh.


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Faelyn keeps an eye out as well.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17

Battle theme music added above.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Andrea marches along, eyes peeled for trouble.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


Evil GM

Here is the map for the docks. Your group is coming in from the left and they are heading towards the right hand side, that is where you have set the ambush. You have not run into Shinon or any of his guards for House Grulios, yet. That is not unexpected.

I've place only three NPC' on the map but the docs are others on the dock, these NPC's are the guards that Sunny and Fiosa ran into. The ship they are guarding is the one being loaded by the crane.

DOCK MAP

Visually you see the docks are winding down for the day. The dock workers know they only have a limited amount of daylight left. The docks are generally lit at night, and there is some limited amount of workers during the night shift, but it's not the ideal shift to be working. The shadowbeast have ventured to the alleys near the docs so, people are nervous. The docks you are heading to are suppose to be lit.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

When we are about ready to get things going, Andrea will cast Magic Circle against Evil. on John. +2 AC +2 Saves vs. Evil plus other benefits. 10 Radious lasts 50 minutes.

All set Sunny, Faelyn? This will be no doubt be your first real fight if we get jumped.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"I'm kinda hoping that we do get jumped. I'm in the mood for a fight."


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

I am ready when you guys are.


Evil GM

The ship with the guards is making final preparations to put to see. "Git on board mates, Capt'n wants te shove off in 5...doubletime it." As the guards pull back to the gangplanks.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin casts heroism on himself at the same time Andrea casts her magic circle spell.

+2 moral bonus to attack rolls, saves, and skill checks for 50 minutes. Stacks with inspire courage.


HP 27/ 30; Perc +3; Init +4; AC 20(21)Defensive:23

Sunny just continues to skip along happily at the tail end of the group.


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Faelyn casts Mage armor and message.


Evil GM

As the group nears the last dock, they see the ship being with the house guards get pulled from the dock.

Make perception checks


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Andrea casually loads a bolt into her crossbow as they get near where they need to go.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Might want to spread out a bit. Remember the divination said that there would be enemy spellcasters against us so keep your eyes peeled.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Bow in hand, Lucrezia looks about for anyone that looks threatening or wizardry. "Gotcha, casters are best killed as quickly as possible."

perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28
Come out and play b+*%$es. ;P


HP 27/ 30; Perc +3; Init +4; AC 20(21)Defensive:23

Perception:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

*Skippy, skippy, skip* (^_^)


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Andrea hums along with Sunny.

♫ La-la-la ♪ La-la ♫ Laaa- ♪


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33

Gee Lecrezia...I know where I stand now. ;)


HP 27/ 30; Perc +3; Init +4; AC 20(21)Defensive:23

(^_^)


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"Correction, all hostile casters are best killed quickly and ours are best kept safe and guarded. Better now?" Lucrezia sticks her tongue out and Faelyn and grins.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

I hope Shinon hasn't been delayed by the Dottari, considering they want to try to arrest him.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin readies his longsword in his right hand and the wand of silence in his left.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

"Depending on there numbers, I may not begin a battle aria right away," Orsin whispers to the others. "I've picked up a new spell that I think might be useful if the situation calls for it."


Evil GM

You can see four dock workers placing "the cargo" on the dock in the designated area, S34 and S36 on the map. You can see a few other hands on the lower wharf and on the three nearby ships (on the right hand side of the map). So far you have seen any sign of Shinon and his guards.


HP 27/ 30; Perc +3; Init +4; AC 20(21)Defensive:23

*Skippy, skipy, skip*

♫ ♪ Whistles innocently, ♫ ♪

Perception1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30 Oh! SQUIRREL!

If'n we's in'a position ta be keepin' another eye out, kind'a thingy. (^_^)


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

So we get the cargo on a wagon and then head out? Andrea keeps a look-out for any sign of wagon-drivers at least.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"Now remember, it'd be a good time for someone to make their move while are hands are on the cargo to load it and not on our weapons. So I hope no one minds if I don't help with the loading and keep a watch with my bow out, just in case."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Sounds good, we could cover Duncan and John while they deal with the cargo if we don't get any extra 'House help'.


HP 27/ 30; Perc +3; Init +4; AC 20(21)Defensive:23

Sunny skips along, "Then t'is a good thing I dun't need anything specific, like, t'fo whut need bein' done, hey?" She impishly grins to Lucrezia, even as she continues to happily bounce around behind the group. Her leather gloves and 'boot sandals' about the only thing (Besides her modest shirt and skirt) that she's wearing. For today's 'fun' she has various pouches and bags affixed around a broad belt.

(^_^)


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

You seem to be good at moving around, making sure we don't get surrounded and such. John here is our front line fighter and Duncan likes to get side-by-side with him to increase defense. So if thugs concentrate on them, you could jump around back and thump them proper.


HP 27/ 30; Perc +3; Init +4; AC 20(21)Defensive:23

Sunny nods, spins and giggles in reply to Andrea's suggestions. (^_^)


Evil GM

The tension is high when you arrive at the crates and the dock workers stop and wait for you. A simple nod is exchanged. There eyes dart around nervously. "W..w...where's da weeg'ns?'"


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

We were hoping they would be here by now, driven by House Grulios' guards. Hopefully that was the idea.


Evil GM

he shakes his head back and forth.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Andrea sighs. I hope this doesn't mean we will have to transport them ourselves.OMG! escort mission! but if they have been delayed, we might have to. Would we be able to get some wagons here?


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"Hmm...perhaps they've been a bit delayed. I don't suppose there are any wagons for hire about here in case the wagon threw an axle or something..." Wonder if it was ambushed already?


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Already don't like it. Let's check the goods and them drag em off a the dock. Too open out here...


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"Agreed." Lucrezia scans around looking for a more protected area to drag the goods to.


HP 27/ 30; Perc +3; Init +4; AC 20(21)Defensive:23

Sunny simply wanders around being her usual smiling, cheerful self, though she is taking the time to watch, listen, look and learn...

Perception:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Lucrezia certainly has a good idea for noticing fine details about the cargo.

Regarding Sunny's Perception.

Sunny is distracted by a squirrel.


HP 27/ 30; Perc +3; Init +4; AC 20(21)Defensive:23

"Hmmm?" Asks Sunny absently as she watches some of the prettier folks go about their business for the late afternoon.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

There be a team and wagon near where we came in. Sunny, would ye take Ermolos and see about hiring it.
He looks at the workers unloading.
A few extra coins fer yer aid dragging this lot t,the end o the dock? Ye got a trolley don't ye?


HP 27/ 30; Perc +3; Init +4; AC 20(21)Defensive:23

Sunny happily nods and skips of to find and hire the wagon. (^_^)

*Scamper, scamper, scamper*


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

"Let's hope they didn't run into to much trouble."
PErception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Andrea watches Sunny head off for the wagon. She definatly lives up to her name. Eh, Duncan?

Andrea looks at Fiosa. Since Mathalen likes hand-to-hand combat, perhaps we can have Sunny give her some lessons.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Yeah, I think she's a bit cracked in the head, that one. Still, that ain't a bad thing, considering the stupid stuff we seem to get up to.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

As they say, 'You have to be crazy to be in this line of work'. An easily distracted elf, a hysterical priestess, a recklessly charging dwarf and a mysterious fighter. Looks like we are made for each other.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

That leaves Lucrezia, Faelyn, and I to be the group's saner half then? I suppose I can't argue with that.

7,701 to 7,750 of 25,148 << first < prev | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.