Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


7,651 to 7,700 of 26,346 << first < prev | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | next > last >>

Evil GM
Andrea1 wrote:
We still have the escort to think about, don't blow all your abilities.

The GM could not pass up the gift of a split up group. :-) Would your super nice guy evil GM ever have the party burn through its resources early? I'm shocked that you would think that...lol


Evil GM

GROUP 1:
Your mentor states, "There is a lot tension occurring between the noble houses and their subordinate houses. There is going to be civil war between the families and reshuffling."

I've developed and have envisioned this side story percolating regarding the nobles conflict, sort of like the mafia or the godfather movies.


Evil GM

Group 2:

The alley is 10 feet wide.

Lookout reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Thug reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Ogre reflex: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12

Each of the thugs take 9 HP of damage.

The lookout stabs at Orsin and the Ogre reaches over the bandit and whacks at the Orsin. The third bandit rolls on the ground to put the fire out.

lookout TWF: 1d20 + 6 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 - 2 - 2 = 5Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
lookout TWF: 1d20 + 6 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 6 - 2 - 2 = 9Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

The bandit misses.

The ogre swing his greatclub and misses.

Ogre both hands: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 8 - 2 = 9Damage: 2d8 + 7 ⇒ (5, 7) + 7 = 19

Thug2 rolling n ground to put out fire.
Relfex DC15: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

He is still on fire.

Ermolos is going to hold his action since he can't get through the alley since it is only 10 feet wide.

RD2 Begins:

Orsin
Duncan
Thug
Lookout
Ermolos
Ogre


Evil GM

Group 3:
The streets near the brothel are bustling. Make a perception check Sunny.


HP 27/ 30; Perc +3; Init +4; AC 20(21)Defensive:23

Group3:
Perception:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16 Okeys! (^_^)


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Group 2:
You didn't say any thing, but I DID hit the orgre. Right? I hit a 24.
Duncan continues to assault the Ogre, his being ignored at this point only further fueling his rage. He switches to a one arm+shield style to keep his defence up.
AC vs Giant is 24

1 hand Power Attack,.DF, Judgement, racial vs giant1d20 + 7 - 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 7 - 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 12
1 hand PA, DF1d10 + 1 + 3 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 3 + 2 + 2 = 16

His swing is way wide of the mark....


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Group 2:

Nota Bene: The thugs are shaken for an additional round for every 5 points that my Intimidate check exceeded their DC. My roll was a 27 and the check is 10 + target's HD + their Wisdom modifier.

The thugs take ongoing fire damage from Orsin's blistering invective.

Fire Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

The Chelish diva casually sidesteps the bandit's clumsy attacks before he, like an empire, strikes back.

Two-Handed Power Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Damage with Arcane Strike: 1d8 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20


Evil GM
Duncan Redhammer wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Group2:

Yes you thumped the orgre with a 24. You need to make a dex check to see if you dropped your weapon with that natural 1. DC10.

Orsin's attack slices the Lookout in half.

RD2 Actions:

The ogre swing his greatclub at the dandy.

Ogre both hands: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 8 - 2 = 8 Damage: 2d8 + 7 ⇒ (7, 3) + 7 = 17

Thug2 rolling on ground to put out fire.
Reflex DC15: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

The fires keep burning both thugs.


Evil GM

Group 3:
When you get to the docks you see several ships there loading and unloading. One small dock is very well protected by guards, you recognize one of the men from the gambling table. He clearly recognizes you and nudges his buddy, they both walk forward towards you. Each pull out saps and have snarls on their faces.
"The'd be our fun."
They are 30 feet away from you and Foisa. There are several catcalls from the docks.

perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23


HP 27/ 30; Perc +3; Init +4; AC 20(21)Defensive:23

Group3:
Perception:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

"Um...luv?" Sunny asks Fiosa, "How good are ye in'a stand up fight?" The tanned Elf lass smiles as the fellows advance.

"Hey-YA mates! Wan'a play?" (^_^)

Other side of the world for me. Off to bed.


Female NPC, Halfling

Group 3:
"I've ...um...never really fi ...fight. More of a sideline s..s..s.ssupport girl." She nervously states.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Group 1:

"Excuse me sir, but what exactly does all that "reshuffling" mean for the common people? "


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Group 2:
Ref to avoid losing sword1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Duncan's fumble causes him to drop his favorite new weapon.....So he resorts to punching with his Masterwork Census instead.
AC vs Giant is 24

1 hand Power Attack,.DF, Judgement, racial vs giant
1d20 + 7 - 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 7 - 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 24
1 hand PA, DF, Destructive Smite1d4 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 11

Ha! Take that!


Evil GM

Group 1:
"That means there will be lots of bloodshed."

Group 2:
The large ogre falls down punctured and on fire. The third thugs continues to roll on the ground trying to put out the flame.

REFLEX DC15: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

The flame extinguishes finally.


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Group One:

I would guess the Hellknights support House Thrune. Which houses are most involved and who seems to be siding with whom?


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19
Faelyn Sindrel wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Group 1:
..and we will be the ones caught in the middle no dount. Andrea sighs.I am wondering, when we leave if you can have some of your students, or yourself discourage our tail from following us for a while? We need to shake them off at least until we can meet our friends again.

Evil GM

Group 1:
"There are seven main Hellknight Orders through the world most are unflinching and feared servants of law. Each secondarily holds to a specific cause or belief.' He looks at Faelyn closely, "I follow the Order of the Scourge which deftly seeks out lawlessness
in its own most organized form, combating those who would prey upon society’s vulnerabilities, whether they be structured criminal ventures, cults, or flagrantly corrupt governmental groups or officials. Intimidation, fearful displays of public justice, and numerous circles of paid informants aid the order in its war against the scum of
civilization."

He stops for second then continues, "The Order of the Rack which has the most influence in this region stands does have ties to the House of Thrune but that is fundamentally because is the the Legal Rulers of the country." He looks at Andrea and Lucrezia, "The Rack believes that dreamers and zealots add little to society, wasting time, sparking fruitless passions, and squandering resources better spent on endeavors with substantial gains. With such in mind, the Order of the Rack seeks to put an end to dangerous knowledge and wanton philosophies, clearing society’s way of idealistic perils and pitfalls of futility. Both the Order of the Rack’s name and their symbol, the torture’s wheel, reflect such wayward thinking: the suffering and evil of men left to indulge their ideas. Theirs is the path of the counter-revolution, seeking out potentially destructive knowledge and wasteful idealism, and destroying it before it might do harm. Aside from hunting down and scattering groups that would spread disruptive ideals, from rebellious groups to insidious cults, they censor all knowledge they deem dangerous, whether it be in the form of fiendish treatises, Qadiran poetry, or records of Osirian rule. With sword and flame they seek to expunge the sparks of rebellion from the world, preserving society’s peaceful simplicity."

"Remember the Law says Asomodeus is the sole religion in the country therefore, practitioners of other faiths are breaking the law and subverting government."

He snorts a bit, "Of course, there are power structures and competition within each Order, and that can result in corruption."


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Group One:

Thank you for your insight into the structure of the Hellknights. Do you know which houses pose a threat to the lawfulness of this city? Which are working with or as organized crime?


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Group2:
Duncan lands a might punch to the ogre's nether regions, felling his towering foe. As it drops he spins and Charges the thug battling Orsin, drawing his new Cold Iron Axe and chopping down hard as he comes into flank, swapping his judgement to damage.

Two Hand Charge, PA, DF, Flank, Buckler1d20 + 7 + 2 - 1 + 2 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 2 - 1 + 2 + 2 - 1 = 12
Two Hand PA, Judgement, DF1d8 + 1 + 4 + 3 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 4 + 3 + 2 + 2 = 15
Surrender and we'll turn ye over to the dottari

The swing is again wide (he wondered at his bad form today)
Ref.Fumble1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin delays his attack until Duncan approaches the thug from behind, setting up the bard for a perfect flank. Consumed by an unnatural bloodlust, Orsin spits, "Damn the dottari, just die, filth!"

Power Attack: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 2 = 15

Ick, this may not hit, but just in case...

Damage with Arcane Strike: 1d8 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18


HP 27/ 30; Perc +3; Init +4; AC 20(21)Defensive:23

Group3:
Sunny luaghs, more to give the impression she's in a carefree mood than anything else.

"No worries, stay behind me an' try an' keep 'em off me back, okeys?" She says quietly to Fiosa, stepping closer to the men and giving Fiosa more 'room'.

"So then, mates? What is it ye be wanting?" Sunny grins, bouncing on the balls of her feet and playfully slapping her hands together. (Also, what sort of improvised Weapons might there be? Sticks? Staves? Pokey things?)

So...Suny is getting ready for some hand to hand combat. A little tussle to round out the day., (^_^)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Evil GM

Group 1:
In response to Faelyn's question, "Well there are 12 major Houses in the city and each House has at least two beholden families. The 12 Houses rank in the following order: Drovenge, Oberigo, Salisfer, Grulios, Arvanxi, julistarc, dioso, Tilernos, Phandros, Khollarix, Rosala, Mezinas." He walks over to his firewater carafe and pours a few cups, offering them to each. "Drovenge and Oberigo are the puppet masters. the Grulios family is honorable and wealthy, so they are the targets. Beware of Julistarc, Dios and Tilernos they would like to move up." He drinks from his cup, "Mezinas is struggling to survive with the near departure of one of their allies, the Missepe's, they stand to lose the most and the others know it. Desperation has strange bed fellows."

"Now the minor noble families that are beholden is a mess, you know the Missepe's are realigning with the Grulios family. That weakens the Mezinas and strengthens the Grulios family. A stronger Grulios family worries many Houses. Beware of the Cemaines who work with the Julistarc's that pretty much stretches my current knowledge. That is not to say there aren't others involved."


Evil GM

Group 2:
The thug rolling on the ground dies with Orsin's hit. You've noticeably gathered a crowd of on-lookers who gawk.


Evil GM

Group 3:
There are an assortment of boxes, crates, boards and ropes on the docks. You hear a loud voice coming from behind the guards, they immediately stop and turn back around. The walk towards there guard positions.


HP 27/ 30; Perc +3; Init +4; AC 20(21)Defensive:23

Group3:
Sunny tilts her head, gives Fiosa a cheerful nod and a wink over her shoulder, then skips closer to see what might be going on. Some sort of party lead kerfuffle? (^_~)

Perception:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Group 1:
Andrea accepts the beverage and sips, having nothign else to ask and merely waiting for Faelyn and John to finish speaking.


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Group 1:

Faelyn takes the drink and sips on it as he listens to the information. Thank you again for your time and patience explaining what you know. We must be off, but I was wondering if I could contact you in the future should a need arise?


Evil GM

Group 3:
You see a ship being loaded with goods. It appears to be a quasi-military vessel. The guards don't let anyone approach. other areas of the docks are hopping with trade and the designated dock that the ambush is to happen at looks clear to you.


HP 27/ 30; Perc +3; Init +4; AC 20(21)Defensive:23

Group 3:
Keeping Fiosa near by and 'Looked out for' Sunny skips along towards the lace the 'Ambush' was to be staged and keeps an eye out for her friends. (^_^)


Evil GM

Group 1:
"A friend of John's is permitted to come back. Should you ever feel the need for proper weapon training, stop by.

Group 2:
The crowd gets bigger and the injured merchant fianlly sits up. His face is bloddy and he is missing a front tooth. 'T..t..thanks, Harvey Penwick...gem cutter." He painfully moans.The sound of a police whistle can be heard from up the main road. The folks involved in this group can add 1 fame point.

Group 3:
You can see some warehouses that would serve as good spots for archers to prevent escape. there are several docks and nearby floating docks creating bottlenecks and limited means of escape.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Group 1:
Lucrezia smiles at the offer. "I might just take you up on an offer of some proper weapon training at some point."

Lucrezia doesn't have any other questions to ask right now and is ready to go when the others are.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19
Lucrezia Villanova wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Group 1:
Andrea is ready to go as well, she does inquire about Alfar being able to run interferance on the group's tails, or show the group another exit that they can use to delay their followers.

Evil GM

Group 1:

The group is able to make it back tot he grotto after finishing up at John's mentor's house. You do have the feeling that eyes are on you but it could be paranoia too. You see Sunny and Fiosa arrive shortly after you arrive. It is getting late in the afternoon.

Group 3:

When you get back to the Grotto you see John, Faelyn, Andrea and Lucrezia. it is getting later in the afternoon.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea waves to Sunny. We should get a private room to speak and plan rather than out in the main room, we were followed when we headed out on our little trip.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Group 2:

Orsin pants wildly, catching his breath and letting the adrenaline run its course. He nods breathlessly to Harvey, bent over with his hands on his knees.

"'s fine, 's fine..."

Orsin furrows his sweaty brow as he looks over at Duncan, the concern of his expression increases as the whistles sound nearer.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Group1:
Duncan casts create water dousing the flame on the lookout, then casts stabilize on the pair of them, hoping to have gotten to them in time. Better to let them die, but they would get off easy that way. Better to let them do some hard labor in prison for the city. Are ye ok, Mister? Looked like ye needed help.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Pretty sure Duncan meant Group 2...?


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Yep


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Once they meet back at the Grotto with Sunny's group, Lucrezia ushers everyone into one of the private gaming rooms so that they can start their planning and leaves word with Orn and Tracy that when Duncan and Orsin arrive they should be show back here.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

So it looks like there is going to be lots of violence between the noble houses. The Missepes are aligning with the Grulios family and are attracting a bunch of trouble.


HP 27/ 30; Perc +3; Init +4; AC 20(21)Defensive:23

Sunny grins and happily hugs people in greeting. She looks for Tracy, giving the other woman a hug, before joining Fiosa in the room Andrea hsa pointed out for the 'Meeting'.

Once there she retells the tale of the woman who approached herself and Fiosa in the small cafe.

Recombined group:
Basically the stuff about,

"I'm Ailyn Ghontasavos friend of Areals."

"Areal sends word that Duxotar Iltus Mhartis, Leader the Dottari, the High Warden has ordered the detention of Shinon once outside the Grulios compound tonight." She ponders, "Someone is out to wipe out the Missepe's and ...well, um...you."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea listens to Sunny. So once Shinon is sighted no doubt the Dottari under Iltus's command will move in to try to grab him. Perhaps we can have him disguised in some way. We should at least warn him about the Dottari.


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Faelyn looks around a little confused. Who is this Shinon you speak of?


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

He accompanied us early on when we were doing some investigations into a gang called the Bastards of Erebus. he left to work with House Grulios and is our contact with them.


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Ah, now I remember. The half elven gentleman from the meeting at House Grulios? What time are we scheduled to be at the docks?


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

I wonder what the odds are off any of those additional HellKnight patrols just happening upon our ambush?"


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea addresses Lucrezia. I wouldn't be surprised if they just happened to nearby. Andrea turns to Faelyn. Soon, so we should get ourselves ready, once we are all together I can use a special blessing that was..purloined by divine agents of Calistria from Abadar's servants. Andrea smirked. It is a long term blessing much like I have used before, we might even wish to wait until we meet up with any House Grulios guards so they can benefit as well.


HP 27/ 30; Perc +3; Init +4; AC 20(21)Defensive:23

Suny listens intently as people discuss their plans.

Also, hopefully Tracy and Fiosa had fun shopping. (^_^)


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19
.Sunny. wrote:

Suny listens intently as people discuss their plans.

Also, hopefully Tracy and Fiosa had fun shopping. (^_^)

Except for the part where there was almost mortal combat.


HP 27/ 30; Perc +3; Init +4; AC 20(21)Defensive:23

*Blinks innocently* Whut combat? I din't see nuthin'? *Whistles innocently*

7,651 to 7,700 of 26,346 << first < prev | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.