Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


7,601 to 7,650 of 25,151 << first < prev | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | next > last >>

Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Group1:
"I say just keep going for now. We're not doing anything wrong right now, just going to talk to someone. Maybe we can lose them after talking to John's friend. Take a back way out or something."


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Group 2:
Duncan and co arrive at Dotarri HQ and in his typical no nonsense manner, Duncan requests to Speak with Sergeant Maurice


Evil GM

Group 1:
You all realize there is no practical way to get the tail off you. probably best to get to John's mentor's and see what happens.

Group 2:
Duncan when you arrive at the HQ, the front desk officer glares down at you with your tone of voice. "Yes, Sergeant Maurice's group is about to head out. I'll get him for you, but you'd do better with a more pleasant tone." He directs you to a few chairs nearby and walks off down secured hallway. there is another officer on duty there and few other clerical people walking around.

Group 3:
Sunny, you do not see any insignias on lady following you. You do notice her sword is rapier and she has several daggers about her. You don't see your companions' groups.

Fiosa picks up a few small bags to buy making it look realistic.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18
Lucrezia Villanova wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Group1:
Andrea nods her head and continues alogn with the others.

Evil GM

Group 1:
One block from John's mentor's house there is squad of Rack Hellknights and they have two humans in manacles. There three knights are detaining the prisoners, two are pasting NOTICES on the door and front windows, while the lieutenant directs his unit. Before you arrive the group leads their prisoners away.

There are concerned residents nervously shuffling back inside their homes.


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Group 1:

Faelyn reads the posted notice.
Message Spell is up on the group.


Evil GM

Group 1 Only:
'NOTICE - ACCUSED OCCUPANTS SUBJECT TO RELIGIOUS QUESTIONING! WARNING! All who practice, or harbor information, regarding the illegal practices of non-sanctioned religion shall be detained for rigorous questioning as provided for under Chapter 1, Art II, of the city charter."


Evil GM

Group 2 only:
Lt Knswick and Sgt Maurice come out to meet Duncan and the other members. he glances over his shoulder weary of eyes. 'come on lets go for a walk, my squad is assembling outside near the rear." He looks around and nods to a few friendly faces. "I've heard there is big crackdown on a few non-sanctioned religions occurring right now." He pauses, "How can I help you today?

Group 3:
Sunny as your group finishes up and exits the shop the lady approaches, palms up. "Fiosa? I'm a friend."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18
Faelyn Sindrel wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Group1:
Andrea will read the notice along with Faelyn. I hope Alistar will keep a low profile, and until we can get things changed in this city I'll have to skip putting a chapel to Calistria in my new brothel.I wonder who they worshiped.

HP 27/ 30; Perc +3; Init +4; AC 20(21)Defensive:23

Group3:
Sunny stops as the woman approaches Fiosa. She smiles as the pair begin to interact.

Perception:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17 (To see if we're now being flanked. If the woman has any allies. Are there any Hell knights about?)


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Group1:

Lucrezia shrugs at Andrea's question. "Does it matter? Just make sure to keep any of your symbols well hidden. We don't want to worry about you getting picked up too."

Maybe later Lucrezia can find a proper deity to worship.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Group 2:
Jus wonderin about happenings around the dock. We be in the employ o the Missepe family t'guard a shipment o goods comin in t'day and wonderin where some honest men might be found should the worst happen. Lotta scum sniffin round it seems. I got a feeling there be trouble when we try t'move it, though where it's comin from I ain't sure


Evil GM

Group 3:
Sunny you don't see any hellknights in their clunky armor about. There are quite a few people on the street haggling and conducting business. Nobody is flanking you but you are not certain if this lady has allies nearby. It doesn't look like it to you but its a busy street and there are a lot of rooftops and doorways.

"I'm Ailyn Ghontasavos friend of Areals."

Tracy has a confused look on her face but Fiosa nods when Areal's name is spoken.


HP 27/ 30; Perc +3; Init +4; AC 20(21)Defensive:23

Group3:
Sunny gently hugs Tracy, though not really knowing Fiosa she lets the Halfling lass take the lead in the conversation. Though she continues to smile, she watches carefully.

"Here? Lets take th' weight off our feet?" Sunny indicates a small, nearby eatery (Or some where handy to get out of the the sun etc) (^_^)


Evil GM

Group 2:
"When are your guarding the shipment? I've heard the Missepe's are planning payback and have found a lead regarding the deaths. Bringing in an assassin is the rumor... couple days time." He looks at Duncan and the others, "I've heard there is war coming between the Houses. Missepe are locked down. Rumor is several houses are going to move on the Missepe family soon."

His eyes meet Orsin's, "Your voice was outstanding at GRUUM's shop a few weeks ago."

He looks over his shoulders, "House Mezinas docked a ship yesterday, unexpectedly, reinforced their grounds."

Remember that House Mezinas is who the Missepe's are beholden too. They are suppose to be loyal to the Mezinas only. The Mezina's stand to potentially lose out if one of their subordinate families realigns themselves with the Grulios family. Chaos will follow. This is all material outside of the AP but I envision it like the mafia or godfather setting with the nobles all vying for power.


Evil GM

Group 3:
Fiosa follows Sunny and the lady joins you. "Areal sends word that Duxotar Iltus Mhartis, Leader the Dottari, the High Warden has ordered the detention of Shinon once outside the Grulios compound tonight." She ponders, "Someone is out to wipe out the Missepe's and ...well, um...you."

Remember that House Mezinas is who the Missepe's are beholden too. They are suppose to be loyal to the Mezinas only. The Mezina's stand to potentially lose out if one of their subordinate families realigns themselves with the Grulios family. Chaos will follow. This is all material outside of the AP but I envision it like the mafia or godfather setting with the nobles all vying for power.


Evil GM

group 1:
You are able to get to John's mentor's compound without further incident. You all see a nice sized compound decorated with various Order of the Scourge items. You are greeted by a butler and shown to an outside patio where an older gentleman is drilling three young men in the art of shield bashing.


HP 27/ 30; Perc +3; Init +4; AC 20(21)Defensive:23

Grooup3:
Sunny listens intently, though she gives the impression to those who might be flitting around in the place that she's just bouncing about and being happy.

"How do ye know thing like this? Who be you t'give credence t'ye words?" She asks the woman for verification or identification. She catches Fiosa's eye

"How soon d'we have t'get this knowing t' Andrea? Should we await the telling of this tale till after the days events?" Sunny asks the Halfling as to whether they should seek out Andrea immediately, or if they can wait till after the planned counter ambush goes through?


Evil GM

Group 3:
"Unfortunately, you don't know if my words carry credence. Nor do I know who you are. I was asked by someone Fiosa knows relay the message, she knows the person I speak of." Seeing the trouble expression on the bubbly elf, "i wish I could ease your concern."

Fiosa responds,"Thank you." Careful not to say anything else.


HP 27/ 30; Perc +3; Init +4; AC 20(21)Defensive:23

Group3:
Sunny nods at the woman's reply.

"The speakin' of our mutual friend ," She indicates Fiosa, "Be enough fer me."{/b] She does wink flirtatiously at the woman,

[b]"Though I were hoppin' ye'd be offerin' t'make yerself known better." She sighs, "Not like we's got time right now though." she blinks and grins. "Maybe later? When ye've more time t'ye self, like?" And she winks. Turing to Fiosa,

"So, should we toddle off and tell Andrea whut we've found? Or does what be happenin' come first? Should we jus' try and find Andrea any who?" She asks. Then offering a reassuring nod to Tracy.

"Of course, we'll keep shoppin' while we go do our lookin'." (^_~)


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Group 1:
I certainly will, but I don't ever recall people getting yanked out of their homes for private worship. I seem to remember that there is a small shrine to Shelyn somewhere that is ummolested.Player's Guide to CoT

Andrea will let John take the lead in the conversation at his mentor's house.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Group 2:
Duncan tells the appointed time.I'd be nice if ye were to be walking by around then. Ye know our group ain't no push over, but at least ye'll know what's up if ye hear a ruckus. See ye later. And Thanks.


Evil GM

Group 2:
Kenswick shrugs, "I'll see what I can do but my Capt. Rowneece Renfroe (female human) is up to no good. I think she's on the some house's payroll and she has had us working near the North Wall lately." He huffs, "Conveniently out of the way." he rolls his eyes. {b]"Good luck"[/b]


Evil GM

Group 2 Only, Important:
As you walk away from your dottari friends you get near an side alley that crosses the road. I will assume the three are walking a breast: Duncan, Ermolos, Orsin (left to right). Roll a perception check.

Edit:
perception Ermolos: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Group 2:
Thanks Maurice, i preciate it.
Duncan finishes his chat and heads to meet up with the others.
Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23


Female NPC, Halfling

Group 3:
Fiosa looks at Sunny whispering so Tracy doesn't hear it, [b][smaller]"Areal is the leader of the Brotherhood of Westcrown, not sure if the others keyed you in on us yet. But if word came from him its trustworthy. We could go by the um...well...<voice trails off>


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Group 1:

Faelyn waits for John to talk to his contact and stays near a window looking for the gentlemen who trailed them or for anything out of the ordinary.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24


HP 27/ 30; Perc +3; Init +4; AC 20(21)Defensive:23

Group3:
"So...t'is important enough t'tell Andrea and such, then? Like in a hurry?" Sunny absently chews on her lip.

"Is our shoppin' time comein' to a halt?" She sighs.


Evil GM

Group 1:
The trainer stops then instructs the others to continue with their practice as he removes himself and approaches. He nods at John, "Hell, I'm Alfar Decan, what troubles you today? John has never brought friends over?" He has a penetrating stare that reaches into your soul. "Trouble brewing, I assume?"

@Faelyn- The house is not really set up to watch outside form a window, very secluded and there is walled front.


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Group 1:

Roger


Female NPC, Halfling

Group 3:
Yeh, shopping's at its end. don't know where the others are or how to begin. We should get to the docks...like instructed, then the grotto. They know that is where we will be.


HP 27/ 30; Perc +3; Init +4; AC 20(21)Defensive:23

Group3:
Sunny would have tried to do as much of her shopping and sight seeing AT the docks. The plan being that she and Fiosa were going to be a 'third point of attack' in the scheme of things. But being close to the docks works as well. (^_^)

Sunny nods and explains that their shopping trip has kind of come to an end for now to Tracy. Happy to send the lass off with the majority of what ever it is they've purchased.

"Okeys then. Time t'find our friends." Sunny declares happily to Fiosa. (^_^)


Evil GM

Group 2 Only, Important:
Duncan you see three hoodlums in the alley. Ther are two humans and ogre. There a merchant of some sort laying on the ground bloodied.

perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Duncan you see a hoodlum keeping watch he is 10 feet from you, then there are a ogre standing 15 feet from you. The merchant crumbled nearby and another hoodlum kicking the merchant.

Duncan and Orsin get the jump.
Perception Orsin: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Just helping things on a bit by adding onto anything John might say.

Group1:
Andrea nods to Alfar. Hello, I am Andrea an aquaintance of John who helped him deal with some gang problems in the city.[ooc]He no doubt knows John was part of the group dealing with The Bastards.[ooc][b] We are going to be engaged in some escort work on behalf of House Grulios at the docks and are somewhat concerned about the heightened presence of the Dottari and Hellknights and are wondering if you are aware of any manuvers being performed by the Hellknights? We have seen them being very agressive in their patrols and
think there might be trouble.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Group 2:
Duncan points to the ally and casts Divine Favor, and invokes his judgement. (Bonus to attack )
Oi! LEAVE THAT MAN BE OR YE CAN TALK TO THE DOTTARI
He then closes with the Lookout ready to fight, drawing his Bastard Sword as part of the move.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Group 2:

Orsin follows up behind Duncan, drawing his longsword as he does. His gaze narrows at the thugs and he can feel his pulse quicken as his bloodlust intensifies.


Evil GM

Group 2:

Ermolos is startled and does not react immediately. The thugs draw weapons, the look out has duel daggers with sawed teeth; the second thug has short sword, and the ogre has a greatclub.

"Git scum!"

Initiative Group 2:

lookout: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
thug: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
ogre: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Orsin: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (20) + 0 = 20
Ermolos: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Duncan: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Orsin
Duncan
Thug
Lookout
Ermolos
Ogre

Orsin
Duncan
Thug
Lookout
Ermolos
Ogre

Let's continue the fight under spoilers to avoid confusion.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Yay! Fight!

Group2:

Duncan sees his racial enemy brandish the club and racial hated kicks in.
He CHARGES the ogre, roaring all the way.(A.C. vs giant is 24-2 for charge.)

Two handed power attack, divine favor, judge ment, racial,charge,buckler1d20 + 7 - 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 7 - 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 - 1 = 24
2 hand PA damage1d10 + 1 + 4 + 3 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 4 + 3 + 2 + 2 = 16


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Group 2:
Orsin takes a calm and steadfast step forward, raises his hand, and barks, "Gentlmen, I kindly suggest that you BACK THE F*CK DOWN!"

Orsin casts blistering invective.

Description: You unleash an insulting tirade so vicious and spiteful that enemies who hear it are physically scorched by your fury. When you cast this spell, make an Intimidate check to demoralize each enemy within 30 feet of you. Enemies that are demoralized this way take 1d10 points of fire damage and must succeed at a Reflex save or catch fire. Spell Resistance can negate the fire damage caused by this spell, but does not protect the creature from the demoralizing effect.

Intimidate to demoralize: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27

Fire damage: 1d10 ⇒ 9

Reflex save DC 15.


Evil GM

Group 1:

"I've followed some of your deeds." In a nonjudgmental tone. "I've heard they're cracking down on some illegal religions this has the Rack up in arms. Course Aritil Sevarn is corrupt and vying for power so he uses his position as arms-maralictor (Armory Commander) in the hellknight to extort. This move has occurred after Paralictor Gonville Chard went traveled back to the Rivad (The RACK Castle outside the city. This is where the Rack was leading Areal when you rescued him.

He smiles at Lucrezia, his attention drawn to her, then he continues [b]"I have not heard anything regarding the dottari."


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Group 2:

Also, if I understand the rules correctly, successfully demoralized opponents become shaken for at least one round (see below), which means that they take the -2 penalty to their saves to avoid catching fire.

Intimidate Success: If you are successful in demoralizing your opponent, the target is shaken for one round. This duration increases by 1 round for every 5 by which you beat the DC. You can only threaten an opponent this way if it is within 30 feet and can clearly see and hear you. Using demoralize on the same creature only extends the duration; it does not create a stronger fear condition.

Shaken: A shaken character takes a –2 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks. Shaken is a less severe state of fear than frightened or panicked.


Evil GM

Group2:
Orsin-What is the save to avoid the intimidation?


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5
baldwin the merciful wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Baldwin:
DC = 10 + target's HD + Wisdom modifier.

Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18
baldwin the merciful wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Group 1:
I am familiar that the Asmodeus faith is 'supposed' to be the only openly followed faith in Westcrown but some shrines to Shelyn are tolerated. We recently witnessed what appeared to be private home worship to be enough to be hauled off.

Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

It's a pity the whole party isn't there to witness what's going on with Group 2. Unless the enemies are incredibly lucky, Orsin is about to lay the smackdown...!


HP 27/ 30; Perc +3; Init +4; AC 20(21)Defensive:23

Well...if ye be makin' enough noise? T'others might be hearing ye?


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

We are probably much too far to hear. Course..that might be a trap! Get them arrested and unable to help.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Duncan is too awesome to be arrested


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

We still have the escort to think about, don't blow all your abilities.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

Group1:
It also seems that we caught the attention of some of the Hellknights, as we were being tailed coming here. Do you have any suggestion on the best course of action?"

7,601 to 7,650 of 25,151 << first < prev | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.