Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


7,551 to 7,600 of 26,346 << first < prev | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | next > last >>

Evil GM

As the troupe makes its way toward Gruum's Smithy you can see extra squads of both Hellknights and dottari stomping down the streets and alleys. Shop keepers look uneasy especially with Hellknight movement. A couple vendors nod appreciatively at the group.

There are a few sailors are running towards the docks.


Just a point, but which day are we on? I thought we had a complete day fo doing 'thing' before the Moonday encounter? Just asking.


Evil GM
, wrote:
Just a point, but which day are we on? I thought we had a complete day fo doing 'thing' before the Moonday encounter? Just asking.

My notes have that as yesterday. I could be wrong, if I am oops. I know Orsin was studying until Moonday.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

I'm certain we have moved onto Moonday.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Please, please, PLEASE let it be Moonday. A guy can only handle so much obsessive tampering with forbidden lore.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

It is Moonday as I remember, we had that spat with the sailors the night before Moonday.

Andrea mutters to the others. Word has gotten around, I wouldn't be surprised if there will be multiple groups trying to ambush each other.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Eh, we can always plan the trap now and whore about the ship later tonight or tomorrow. :)

"Anyone got any idea what's up with the all the extra Knights tromping about? John?"


Male NPC, Human Warrior1, Fighter1

Gruum's shop is humming with he sound of commerce. Hammers clanking on anvils, the steam of reddened ore as it cools in water, and a loud dwarven chant. A set of human eyes look up when the party enters, "Well met folks," a inquisitive brow is raised at seeing Sunny, Tracy, and Faelyn. "Duncan, Andrea, John, Lucrezia...good day."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Hey there Ermolos, just here for Duncan to pick some things up.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Ye'll have ta hand ye work over today boy an git yer weapons and armor. We got a big job on today. We ain't got a lot o time so suit up as we talk.

Duncan finds his regular gear and begins to don it.
Sunny, peel herself off Tracy so she can go look at somma the jewel encrusted weapons we got.

He leans over to his other apprentice and whispers,Watch for sticky fingers

He unashamedly drops his leather strides and begins to don his leather and steelgreaves.
Shinons got archers and tanglefoot bags on the escape routes. But we need the honey to be sweet enough to draw them into the kill ground, so Say the 'weak' women should be in the open, maybe crack the chest to show the goods and when the toughs come, me and the lads (cept the elf) charge.


Female NPC, Halfling

"I ain't weak you flee ridden lumox!" More steam pours from Fiosa's ears then the entire smithy's shop has all day. daggers in her eyes.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"I think maybe he meant that we'll be perceived as not being much of a threat and more attractive as a kinda bait. At least, I hope that's what he meant since he should know better than to call me either weak or a lad depending on which group I'm supposed to be with..."


HP 27/ 30; Perc +3; Init +4; AC 20(21)Defensive:23

Sunny laughs at Duncan's spin/take on her friendship with Tracy, though she leaves her friend free to follow Duncan's suggestion.

At Lucrezia's comment the giggles, skips over and gives the other woman a hug, "I wouldn't mistake yer curves fer anything t'other than they be." She bounces away and gets ready to 'Go have some fun'. (^_^)


F Human, NPC Commoner/Entertainer

"I'm soooooooo confused, why's ever'one puttin' clothes and arm'r on, thought we were shop'in'." Her wide eyes thoroughly confused as to what is happening. 'Can't ritefulee git fun cloth's on wit dat on." Pointing to Duncan donning his gear. "Better gitting in an' out thee dress myself."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19
Fiosa Sweettooth, wrote:
"I ain't weak you flee ridden lumox!" More steam pours from Fiosa's ears then the entire smithy's shop has all day. daggers in her eyes.

Andrea waves the steam away from Fiosa's face. Watch it Duncan, she is just the right height to hit your sensitive parts.

Of course we first need to see who the toughs will be, and of course the most important info, which no doubt Shinon will give us is just where the 'goods' will be arriving. If the Hellknights and Dottari get involved, it might actually be smart to let them to the heavy lifting by fighting the 'bandits'.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

"Agreed, if either group shows up we let that play out on it's own. We should ask our contacts in the Dottari if they know what is going on."


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging
Lucrezia Villanova wrote:
"I think maybe he meant that we'll be perceived as not being much of a threat and more attractive as a kinda bait. At least, I hope that's what he meant since he should know better than to call me either weak or a lad depending on which group I'm supposed to be with..."

Ye got me meaning girl. Takes more wisdom than most thugs got t'see a woman's got a lot more t'offer than what's between er legs. The fools'll think ye easy pickings, specially if ye act all giggly like. Lucrezia can be with ye as a tough though, don't wanna make it look too easy.


HP 27/ 30; Perc +3; Init +4; AC 20(21)Defensive:23

Sunny, who isn't changing anything she's wearing, takes Tracy aside and...explains a few things...to the girl...

"It be rilly simple. We's casin' da joint!" (^_^)

Should I make a bluff check? Or is that actually close to the truth?


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19
John Deos wrote:
"Agreed, if either group shows up we let that play out on it's own. We should ask our contacts in the Dottari if they know what is going on."

Time to make use of that Gameplay Tab. :)

Hellknights and Dottari, since John has a line to some of the not-selfish bastard ones and we can talk to the Dottari we helped out during the time at the Morgue. Andrea sighs.

This can also help if they can arrange some good non corrupt members to switch in instead of the nasty ones. If we can get some upstanding Dottari to run interferance on the Hellknights, that is one less group we have to fight. Time we start seeing just how many people are tired of the crap that has been going on and are willing to take a stand.


F Human, NPC Commoner/Entertainer

Tracy has no reason to disbelieve the group.

"didn't know I'd be actually do'in it. thought it was shoppin'."


HP 27/ 30; Perc +3; Init +4; AC 20(21)Defensive:23

Sunny tries to reassure Tracy,

"Aye, an' we will, honest. I've a whole swag o' shiny which be doin' no good where t'is at the moment. But first we's got's ta deal with this little thing. In'a long run it'll make things at the Grotto better, an' all." She gives Tracy a reassuring hug,

"There's no need fer ye be worryin'. I won't let nuffin' risk yerself. Honest."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Well we will probably be doing a little shopping in case we need a little extra supplies.

Andrea puts her hand on Tracy's shoulder. I'd never ask you to do anything dangerous like I have been doing, I owe you too much to ask you to do it. Especially after that night you helped me so much.


Evil GM

Is there anything the group needs to do prior to heading to the docks? Are you going to split into two groups or travel together? Are you going to try to find any friendly dotarri guards, or seek out John's mentor?


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"Maybe we should check in with whatever contacts ya got with the Dottari and HellKnights first? We might wanna see what kind of presence we can expect from em on the docks. I'd hate for a squad of Hellknights to suddenly appear right as we spring out trap."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Exactly .Lieutenant Whatley and Sargent Maurice of the Dottari probably know what is going on the best, so we should speak with them before we head out. If we split into two groups, we can attract less attention.


HP 27/ 30; Perc +3; Init +4; AC 20(21)Defensive:23

"Well...I be happy t'jus' toddle off an' start shoppin'. Then throwin' in when there's a chance t'make a difference?" Sunny offers.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

"I can go talk with my teacher, he might have an idea of what is going on."


Evil GM
John Deos wrote:
"I can go talk with my teacher, he might have an idea of what is going on."

Are you taking anyone with you or heading out alone?


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12
baldwin the merciful wrote:
John Deos wrote:
"I can go talk with my teacher, he might have an idea of what is going on."

Are you taking anyone with you or heading out alone?

It depends on if anyone comes with me.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea will volenteer to go with John. Duncan can probably chat up the Dottari pretty well and perhaps have Ermolos with him since both of them have a good reputation with the Dottati. Orsin has worked with them as well. Lucrezia, want to tag along with John and I?


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"Sure, I'll tag along with you and John."


Evil GM

John, Andrea and Lucrezia to John's mentor? Duncan, Ermolos, Orsin to Dottari? Sunny, Fealyn, Tracy, Foisa in a third group or what?


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Don't put Tracy in harm's way. I think Sunny,Tracy and Fiosa would be excellent for doing a little shopping and checking out the docks since who would pay attention to two unarmored/armed human women and a halfling? Faelyn can go with whomever he wishes to.


HP 27/ 30; Perc +3; Init +4; AC 20(21)Defensive:23

Yay! Shoppin'! (^_^)


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Faelyn will go with Andrea and that group.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Sunny, just do some shopping and see what is going on at the docks. Don't start any trouble or poke your nose where you shouldn't.

Andrea smooches Fiosa. Looks like you and Tracy will need to keep Sunny from chasen the sparkles. Take care of yourself. Andrea whispers.


HP 27/ 30; Perc +3; Init +4; AC 20(21)Defensive:23

Sunny hugs and snuggles Andrea. Hooking an arm through Tracy's and Fiosa she happily skips away, looking over a shoulder she grins,

"Hey! T'is me!" (^_^)


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Fine, me and Ermolos and Orsin can chat with Maurice. John and the rest get any info ye can. Remember this IS a legal job. We are employed guards from a noble house so the hellknights got no reason to interfere. The whole thing only goes off if somebody tries to take the shipment. We are simply gonna let you girls take a wee peek at the valuable goods, then ye bring it into one o Shinon's covered alleys on the way ta the manse. Me and Shinon decided if ye don't get attacked, he got 3 wagons at the street. 1St and last will carry him n his boys , the middle, the goods. Shinon on the lead wagon, Lucretia the last. We're hoping we get attacked afore we load the wagon, under cover o his archers. If not we deliver the shipment to the house like it was legit.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Keep our eyes to the roofs and alleys. Watch out for any spellcasters, since they can ruin our day if we are grouped up. When using your silence magic, remember that spellcasters can shrug off magic easier than those who have not trained their minds as well. So cast in on a bodyguard if they have one so they will be forced to seperate.


Evil GM

The three groups start out from Gruums.

Sunny skipping off with Tracy and Fiosa in tow. Pointing out items in shops, stopping to have roll or coffee. Make perception check Sunny.

Duncan, Orsin, and Ermolos head out in dire manner. Weaving and dodging through streets focused on going to the dottari headquarter. Make perception checks.

John, Lucrezia, Andrea and Faelyn move up the street and begin heading east towards John's mentor's shop. make perception checks.

NPC Perception:

Ermolos: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Tracy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Fiosa: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19


HP 27/ 30; Perc +3; Init +4; AC 20(21)Defensive:23

Perception:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14 (^_^)


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea walks along with John and the others, eyes looking around at the increased patrols and wondering just what will happen this day.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19

Faelyn follows the group with his hood pulled over his head. His elvish eyes are scanning the surroundings for danger.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Duncan moves at a hurried pace but tries to keep an eye out.
Perception1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25


Evil GM

Group 1: John, Andrea, Lucrezia and Faelyn make their way throught he city streets, this part of town does not have as many guards and Hellknights bustling around.

Group 1 Only:
You each think you are being followed. you've seen a 2 sellswords trail you for a couple blocks. Nothing close enough to cause alarm or to put any either group in harms way or to have a discussion. Simply eyes on you, they stop to talk to Hellknight at a coffee shop.

Group 2: Duncan, Orsin, Ermolos continue to take some of the main roads and alleys towards the Dottari head-quarter's. The streets are busy and you can see Hellknight and Dottari activity.

Group 2 Only:
Nobody in your group sees anything overtly strange. There are suspicious looking people but nothing out of the ordinary. You manage to get to headquarters without incident.

Group 3: Sunny, Tracy, Fiosa window shop and pop in and out of few merchants on the way towards the docks.

Group 3 Only:
In one of the shops Fiosa nudges Sunny and whispers, "I think she's following us." indicating a human with wearing sword about standing outside the shop.


HP 27/ 30; Perc +3; Init +4; AC 20(21)Defensive:23

Group3 DM Only:
Sunny nods, even as she points something out of interest to Tracy or Fiosa.

Bluff:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28 (To seem as if nothing at all is amiss)

"Ooo! Whut d'ye think o' these? (^_^)

Perception:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25 (To look for any insignia, marking, styles that the woman might be wearing. Also is she a 'bravo'? Or a more military bearing? Maybe a Street tough?

Sunny continues to shop, weaving casually and slowly through the area with her two friends.

Perception:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24 (To keep an eye out for the woman following and also to now look for the other two groups of her companions.)


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Group1:
So we have two people following us, shall we jump them someplace or just keep going to John's mentor?

7,551 to 7,600 of 26,346 << first < prev | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.