Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


7,501 to 7,550 of 25,187 << first < prev | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | next > last >>

HP 27/ 30; Perc +3; Init +4; AC 20(21)Defensive:23

Sunny giggles,

Elven:
"Oh...yeah, I can never keep those little details and such things straight."
She grins at Orsino,

"I mean, fer a whole bunch'a lessons what only took up some small times o' th' day. I think I learned th' speakin' right good." And she giggles again,

"I mean, ye can never be knockin' back a lesson when th' one doin' th' teachin' were so cute." (^_^)


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 5/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Sunny just has her own way of talking. Rather refreshing to have sucha ray of sunshine.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

"'Ray of shunsine?' But we have John!"


HP 27/ 30; Perc +3; Init +4; AC 20(21)Defensive:23

Sunny pouts a little,

"I in't my way o' talkin'! I swear, all'a people's I ever heard were speakin' this way afore I come here." She points out.

"I can't help th' types' o' people whut were gettin' washed up on me home island." :P


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 5/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18
Orsino 'Orsin' Bessatte wrote:
"'Ray of shunsine?' But we have John!"

He provides our cool shade with his giant tower shield.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 5/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Hmm..Should we conceal our faces for this? Andrea hints to those who know what she is talkign about.


Evil GM
Orsino 'Orsin' Bessatte wrote:

Baldwin, Orsin's been at his apartment this whole time, not with Shu Lien. :)

Orsin walks in to The Mermaid's Grotto, waiting for the line of Hellknights to exit before entering himself. Hellknights...? And here? He eyes them with suspicion when their backs are finally to him. The bard slinks in, his naturally ruggedly handsome face looking a bit sunken and wan. He appears tired and a little hungry, but his sparkling white smile and crisp doublet do much to improve his appearance.

He orders bread and sausage at the bar and joins Duncan and the others for breakfast.

"I figured we would be meeting here today instead of-- well, you know where," he says, catching himself just before mention of the safehouse.

I wanted to be inclusive in getting everyone together so I had Shu Lien come over to nudge you.


M Human, NPC Expert/Merchant
Lucrezia Villanova wrote:

Assuming she gets an answer, Lucrezia will walk in. "There was just a squad of HellKnights here and none of 'em was customers. Is there something that your security staff need to be knowing about? I need to know how I should be treating those fellas if they come back."

bluff if needed 1d20+9

Alphonse looks up in contemplative manner, biting his chubby lower lip "Business is great, keep the talent working and you'll be fine. Looks like we will be expanding treat those folks like you treat me."


F Human, NPC Commoner/Entertainer
.Sunny. wrote:

Having served folks their plates Sunny perches on a chair and nibbles at the bits of breakfast that take her fancy.

"Aye, well I were planin' on goin' out int'a town an' lookin' at doin' some shoppin'." Sunny looks around for Tracy, to which she'd been planning her excursion the day before. Sunny looks at those gathered about the table, smiling. (^_^)

Tracy is talking to friendly merchant guard near the stairs. <giggles and playfully touches his forearm>


Evil GM

Orsin - Tears are running down my face with your comment. "You mean to say that you are looking 'to do' some shopping, not 'at doin'. In the trade tongue, it's best to use the infinitive when discussing actions in the subjunctive voice."


Evil GM

Two foppish gents enter the establishment, "I'm simply saying something big is happening. I don't know know what but its going to be big."

His buddy responds, "Maybe they've found who's been killing the nobles."

The first shakes his head, "Naw, it's bigger."


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Faelyn folds up his spell book and walks over to the table where his companions are eating. He grabs a chair from a nearby table and drags it into the group. As he sees the two men enter and hears their conversation: I wonder what they have heard.


HP 27/ 30; Perc +3; Init +4; AC 20(21)Defensive:23

Sunny skips over and sees if Tracy is interested in going out shopping, like they'd agreed to yesterday. (^_^)


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Expanding? Lucrezia will take her leave of the office and return to the others. Plopping back down at the table, she'll share her vague answer with the others. "Alphonse said he's expanding because business is so great and to treat the HellKnights like I treat him."


F Human, NPC Commoner/Entertainer

Tracey nods, 'Be happy to go...luv..in 'bout half n'hour." She takes the merchant's hand and leads him upstairs.


HP 27/ 30; Perc +3; Init +4; AC 20(21)Defensive:23

Sunny nods and skips back to where every one else is gathering.

"So...we's jus' gon'a have a lil' wander around, then?" She asks brightly. (^_^)


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 5/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Up for a while

Andrea moesies over to the merchants. Something big is going on? The whole thing is pretty tense with all the troubles with the merchant, have you heard any interesting news?

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5
baldwin the merciful wrote:
Orsin - Tears are running down my face with your comment. "You mean to say that you are looking 'to do' some shopping, not 'at doin'. In the trade tongue, it's best to use the infinitive when discussing actions in the subjunctive voice."

Glad to be of service. :)

DM Only:

And thanks for the compliment from before!

Orsin downs the remainder of his ale and uses the sleeve of the expensive doublet to wipe away the food on his face. He burps noisily before asking, "Well, where to first?"


HP 27/ 30; Perc +3; Init +4; AC 20(21)Defensive:23

Sunny parks herself upon the edge fo the table.

"Well...Andrea's doin' sumin' over there..." She points "An' Tracy be busy fer a little while...So...if'n we's all gon'a be wanderin' about the same place, I dun't mind toddlin' off a little later." She grins,

"Hey! It'd be a naffy thing fer me t' try an find ye agin!" (^_^)


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 5/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18
Lucrezia Villanova wrote:
Expanding? Lucrezia will take her leave of the office and return to the others. Plopping back down at the table, she'll share her vague answer with the others. "Alphonse said he's expanding because business is so great and to treat the HellKnights like I treat him."

Well we can take that in a few ways. One is that is he utterly unaware of how we really feel about him and thinks we should respect and fear him, just like the Hellknights. Two is that he gave us a kind of message that we should despise the Hellknights and perhaps even consider violence against them

In any event, I am getting a feeling that we better be bloody paranoid about what we are going to be doing today. I do believe the Hellknights are going to be involved since they were verrryy interested in us just a bit ago, plus there was that wizard from last night that Faelyn ran into. We should do some scouting of the area be it by magic or stealth.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 5/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

John, is there any way you could find out if the Hellknights have anything planned today? Ask your mentor about it I guess.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

"I could do that."


Evil GM

The two fops smile at Andrea, "Yeh, there's an awful lot of hellknights on the street and increased dottari, monitoring the bridges and docks today. Maybe something brewing." The clean cut gent responds. "Are you working today...haven't seen you hear for the morning work before."


F Human, NPC Commoner/Entertainer

A few minutes later Tracey re-emerges all bubbly, "HI Sunny!"


HP 27/ 30; Perc +3; Init +4; AC 20(21)Defensive:23

Sunny bounces over, hugs Tracy and gets ready to head off towards the shops. (^_^)


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 5/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18
baldwin the merciful wrote:
The two fops smile at Andrea, "Yeh, there's an awful lot of hellknights on the street and increased dottari, monitoring the bridges and docks today. Maybe something brewing." The clean cut gent responds. "Are you working today...haven't seen you hear for the morning work before."

Why thank you very much for the compliment. However, I am just a customer who enjoys the excellent food here..of both kinds.


HP 27/ 30; Perc +3; Init +4; AC 20(21)Defensive:23

Sunny skips back to the table where the others of the group are getting up to head out. She's already nattering away chirpily to Tracy about the places they might go and the things they might see. (^_^)


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Maybe I should visit the gnome. I could say I was meeting him to discuss the arcane arts and take the opportunity to look around the ship. I would need to be careful since the sailors dislike me. It may be a little risky, but I think it would be highly effective.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 5/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Or it could get you bashed upside the head. From what we know, the sailors hate you and the gnome knows that you riled up his men. If you want to spy on them, sure, that is viable, strolling up seems a bad move.


HP 27/ 30; Perc +3; Init +4; AC 20(21)Defensive:23

Sunny leans a little closer,

"Where be this ship ye be talkin' abouts?" She asks, "May-hap Tracy an' me can have a gander, hey?" She grins, obviously trying to be helpful.

"What sort of ship be it? Big? Galleon? Frigate?" She giggles "Trawler?" (^_^)


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

I value your advice Andrea, but there is a mutual respect between arcane casters. I think he wants to communicate with me in private. I have ways to escape if it comes to blows. I think I am in more danger with the sailors in the streets than I would be on their boat. I assure you they will not cross the gnome. I will go with the decision of the group though.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"Sunny may be onto a good idea. It's not that uncommon for whores to seek out business on ships since not everyone can go on shoreleave. Though maybe Sunny should go with Andrea instead of Tracy just in case there is any trouble? I could tag along to keep my girls safe since they already know I work in a whorehouse."

"We could even get there slightly ahead of Faelyn and thus be on hand to distract the sailors from doing him any harm. After all, who wants to fight when they could get laid instead?"


HP 27/ 30; Perc +3; Init +4; AC 20(21)Defensive:23

(^_^)


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Faelyn smiles at Lucrezia's offer. I like the way you think. Sailors also like to run their mouths in those situations. We might could get some good information on their mission.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 5/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Andrea casts Bigby's Facepalm

Well that is one way to scout, since the Hellknights are the only ones who seem to be aware of us. I better be on goaurd as the 'pimp' though.


HP 27/ 30; Perc +3; Init +4; AC 20(21)Defensive:23

Sunny bounces a little with enthusiasm, glad to have helped folks out. She begins to skip off with Tracy. (^_^)

"Come on! We's goin' shoppin'!"


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 5/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18
Faelyn Sindrel wrote:
I value your advice Andrea, but there is a mutual respect between arcane casters. I think he wants to communicate with me in private. I have ways to escape if it comes to blows. I think I am in more danger with the sailors in the streets than I would be on their boat. I assure you they will not cross the gnome. I will go with the decision of the group though.

Sounds a lot better than what divine spellcasters have to deal with. If any cleric instead of an Asmodaian one tries to set up a temple, they will get run out of the city if they are lucky.


HP 27/ 30; Perc +3; Init +4; AC 20(21)Defensive:23

Sunny looks over a shoulder,

"Rilly? How does people who look t'other Gods get along then?" She asks, turning to Tracy for possible edification.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 5/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

By being verrrryyy quiet.


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Faelyn chuckles at Andrea's last comment. It is a shame we have to hide our faith.


HP 27/ 30; Perc +3; Init +4; AC 20(21)Defensive:23

Sunny does blink in seeming complete surprise. As she wanders along, arm in arm with Tracy, she chatters and titters away quietly with the other girl.

Okay...I know, given her back ground this last few posts may have been a stretch...and I'll reign in her 'innocent rube' act soon.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Duncan continues to scoff his food. It sounded like it was gonna be a long day.
Too much talking. Let's head to my place an speak plain like. Still need to get my gear and we can sort what's what.

The dwarf gets up and heads for the door.
Ye comin'


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Would you be OK with me joining your meeting Master Dwarf?


HP 27/ 30; Perc +3; Init +4; AC 20(21)Defensive:23

Sunny skips along with Tracy towards where Duncan indicates. (^_^)


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 5/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Welcome to the party Faelyn, Sunny.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"Alrighty Duncan, we'll be right behind you,"


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Faelyn smiles and bows his head respectfully. Thank you for the nod of confidence. I will not disappoint. I would also like to be involved in your other future business endeavors. Maybe setting up some cash flow through organizing the gambling tables?


Evil GM

Just so everyone is on the same page as me, it is now late morning on Moonday. The "ambush' for the shipment is to take place on Moonday in the later afternoon early evening.


HP 27/ 30; Perc +3; Init +4; AC 20(21)Defensive:23
Andrea1 wrote:
Welcome to the party Faelyn, Sunny.

Sunny jauntily waves in recognition of having heard Andrea's comment, though she continues to swerve and bounce from shop front to stall to side stand, chattering away merrily with Tracy.

Onwards to Duncan's Linky! (^_^)

EDIT: That don't sound right. T'is got'a be the day afore Moonday! Surely, t'is sure enough?!


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 5/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

All clear here Baldwin.

7,501 to 7,550 of 25,187 << first < prev | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.